Learning with Sharena spoils new feature

redlight

This is a terrible change. That means you have to accumulate even more Blessings to grant them to your roster. You will have to do this for Blessed Gardens and for Arena if you're relying on Blessing bonuses for scoring.
RIP to anyone who has spent most of their blessings because now you probably have to overwrite some of them, meaning you wasted those Blessings.

Is this supposed to be a bad joke? Aside from more Legendaries (8 more, 4 for each stat per element) this will likely screw over most players. That means unless you pull for at least 1 new Light and Dark Legendary you're going to suffer even more from non-blessing seasons.
... which screams money to me.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm honestly hoping that they retcon Lucina, Tiki, and Grima to Light, Light, and Dark, respectively, and justify it by giving out like 3 Wind, 6 Earth, 6 Light, and 3 Dark blessings as compensation. (The Light and Dark blessings to switch over existing teams to the new element and the Wind and Earth blessings to compensate for the blessings that would be overwritten.)

That's never going to happen. If you suddenly change the element of existing characters you're going to screw over players who had only that Legendary Hero for one of the old elements. Sure you have now a LH for Light/Dark but you need to pull for Wind again to fill that hole in your team.

Edited by The Priest

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Speaking of which, why is Lucina a Wind legendary in the first place? Is there anything in the japanese version that associates Lucina with Wind?

Every other Legendary Hero fits their element, expect Lucina.

There is nothing associating Ryoma with Water, or Eirika with Water for that matter.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm honestly hoping that they retcon Lucina, Tiki, and Grima to Light, Light, and Dark, respectively, and justify it by giving out like 3 Wind, 6 Earth, 6 Light, and 3 Dark blessings as compensation. (The Light and Dark blessings to switch over existing teams to the new element and the Wind and Earth blessings to compensate for the blessings that would be overwritten.)

If they're going to retcon heroes' elements, the first thing I'd want is for them to make Eirika Light.

44 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

There is nothing associating Ryoma with Water, or Eirika with Water for that matter.

Actually there are.

Ryoma is from Fates, a game where there is a lot of Water symbolism and the Water element has a huge role.

It also makes sense for Eirika to be Water, as it’s the opposite element of Ephraim. Not only that, but Eirikahas the Lunar bracelet and the Moon is heavily associated with the sea. So Ephraim the Fire Legendary Hero has the Solar bracelet  and Eirika the Water Legendary hero has the Lunar bracelet. It’s quite fitting.

Really, Lucina is the only Legendary Hero whose element doesn’t make sense.

13 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Actually there are.

Ryoma is from Fates, a game where there is a lot of Water symbolism and the Water element has a huge role.

It also makes sense for Eirika to be Water, as it’s the opposite element of Ephraim. Not only that, but Eirikahas the Lunar bracelet and the Moon is heavily associated with the sea. So Ephraim the Fire Legendary Hero has the Solar bracelet  and Eirika the Water Legendary hero has the Lunar bracelet. It’s quite fitting.

Actually it kind of does. I forget specifics off the top of my head, and I have seen JRPG's in which Wind and Time have been closely associated, which likely served as the basis for Lucina being Wind. Besides, it is nice for variety's sake. 

That Water symbolism relates not to Ryoma though. What you just described fits Corrin or Azura more. Under your reasoning, we might as well call Xander a Water Hero by virtue of him being in Fates.

Edited by Sentinel07

58 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Lucina opposes an Earth dragon chimera, and Wind and Earth are opposites in this elemental system. The association with the Divine Dragon is also less than it could be; she’s lacking her light-element sword in favour of a non-elemental weapon that happens to be effective against fliers.

1 hour ago, Sentinel07 said:

That Water symbolism relates not to Ryoma though. What you just described fits Corrin or Azura more. Under your reasoning, we might as well call Xander a Water Hero by virtue of him being in Fates.

Given that the Silent Dragon is apparently a Water Dragon, and there weren't Dark or Light up to now, Water was the closest thing to a fitting Element any of the Fates characters could really have, bar Wind/Flame Tribe members and Kaze/Saizo. If we'd had Dark or Light before, yes, there would be absolutely no excuse to make Ryoma Water, but since there isn't, and there isn't a Lightning/Energy Blessing to match his sword, we make do with Water.

Light blessings and Dark blessings...I’ll make a wild guess and say that Roy will be the a fire legendary hero while Eliwood will be a light legendary hero and Micaiah will be a dark legendary hero. 

I don’t think they’re going to “retcon” any of the currently available legendary heroes. 

3 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

If we'd had Dark or Light before, yes, there would be absolutely no excuse to make Ryoma Water, but since there isn't, and there isn't a Lightning/Energy Blessing to match his sword, we make do with Water.

We already have two lightning-based Legendary Heroes: Hector (Thunder affinity, lightning-based legendary weapon) and Eirika (Light affinity, lightning-based legendary weapon).

Hector is given the Fire element to focus on the heat aspect of lightning. Eirika is given the Water element to focus on the storm aspect of lightning.

5 hours ago, The Priest said:

That's never going to happen. If you suddenly change the element of existing characters you're going to screw over players who had only that Legendary Hero for one of the old elements. Sure you have now a LH for Light/Dark but you need to pull for Wind again to fill that hole in your team.

Introducing characters with higher score caps screws over players who relied on the previous score caps for scoring. Introducing skills that invalidate previously viable strategies screws over players who previously used those strategies. Introducing "new power" refinable unique weapons screws over players who previously spent a scarce (meaning there isn't enough to go around) limited (meaning you can't farm or purchase arbitrary amount of it) resource on refining other weapons.

Screwage caused by change is always going to happen at varying levels, and it is uncompensated most of the time.

Edited by Ice Dragon

52 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Introducing characters with higher score caps screws over players who relied on the previous score caps for scoring. Introducing skills that invalidate previously viable strategies screws over players who previously used those strategies. Introducing "new power" refinable unique weapons screws over players who previously spent a scarce (meaning there isn't enough to go around) limited (meaning you can't farm or purchase arbitrary amount of it) resource on refining other weapons.

Forcibly changing the blessing a unit has would be akin to fiddling with a unit's base stats or changing how existing skills work - iirc that's illegal for a gacha to do. It's possible they will introduce a resource that allows you to change the blessing of a legendary IF YOU CHOOSE TO.

The only thing thats genuinely banned in JP based gacha games afaik is basically compu gacha. They can skirt the line of Compu Gacha, which yes, they do A LOT(see: Bladetome flier requires a separately pulled Hone Flier which is AKA Hinoka for the longest time). but not directly(YOU NEED TO USE SOREN TO GET IKE REFINEMENT EFFECT vice versa)

Light and Dark, huh? One step closer to YuGiOh I see. They did take down the image, but it is around the internet, so I believe it's a book 3 leak.

The image with 4* Halloween Henry is still out there. I still wonder... (maybe a way for me to get Valentine Lilina later)

The only illegal thing about gacha is complete gacha. Tho there might be a unspoken rule of not fiddling with a characters's stats

Edited by silveraura25

I don’t get why people are griping. Honestly the 4 elements were getting stale, I’m super happy to reconfigure some teams and add some additional light and dark heroes to my favorites. 

I also have like SO many extra blessings because I never use them all, so don’t really care about that. My only concern is that I’m vaguely picky with adding new units to my roster, so doing 3 level grounds might be tough at first, but this will maybe make me use some old favs of my existing roster that have fallen a bit to the wayside! 

And also dark and light are my favorite and the most fascinating elements, so naturally I’m super excited for it. Though we all know dark is gonna be evil because they can’t write a good story, but I’d love a twist where the dark blessed ones are heroes and the light ones are bad.

59 minutes ago, Sunsurge said:

I also have like SO many extra blessings because I never use them all, so don’t really care about that. My only concern is that I’m vaguely picky with adding new units to my roster, so doing 3 level grounds might be tough at first, but this will maybe make me use some old favs of my existing roster that have fallen a bit to the wayside! 

Same for me. Now with dark and light joining in, I have more reasons to hold on using my blessings, despite having enough characters to make another batch of blessings

I just wish they'd change Eirika to light... And give you a limited number of pseudo-blessings that let you change your Eirika water-blessed units to light for free. 

This is going to be jarring for me knowing her affinity is light. Honestly, I'd like Grima to be dark, too. But it's whatever. 

13 hours ago, Water Mage said:

There is no excuse for Eirika being water. They have already established that affinity = element. Eirika's affinity is light and thus, Eirika should be light. At least with Grima, it's only logic that dictates they should be Dark element. The 3DS games didn't have an affinity system, so we'll never know for sure (although it's extremely probable Robin would be dark affinity anyway). 

Edited by TheWill

29 minutes ago, TheWill said:

I just wish they'd change Eirika to light... And give you a limited number of pseudo-blessings that let you change your Eirika water-blessed units to light for free. 

This is going to be jarring for me knowing her affinity is light. Honestly, I'd like Grima to be dark, too. But it's whatever. 

There is no excuse for Eirika being water. They have already established that affinity = element. Eirika's affinity is light and thus, Eirika should be light. At least with Grima, it's only logic that dictates they should be Dark element. The 3DS games didn't have an affinity system, so we'll never know for sure (although it's extremely probable Robin would be dark affinity anyway). 

There is an excuse for her being water. Lunar Bracelet = moon = water. There was not a light affinity/element when they created her, so out of the 4 they had to choose from water made the most sense. They probably developed her MONTHS before they even thought about adding light/dark, and once they did decide, she was probably already in the roster and everything, it's not really a huge deal because water still fits her in how they treated her in FE Heroes with the Lunar Bracelet and being opposite to her brother, which imo is more what they strive for than following her established affinity back in the Gameboy Advance era. 

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Screwage caused by change is always going to happen at varying levels, and it is uncompensated most of the time.

Which is my point? That's why they are never going to change the existing Legendary Heroes just because the new elements would fit them better.

Edited by The Priest

23 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Official response on the light and dark blessings leak (clickable for source):
6imly0gg7h121.jpg

So they are coming.

Yup.

And this was a much better reply than "we are not planning on doing anything about it," huh? Anyway, I hope this leak - assuming it's the result of someone testing a new build and forgetting to revert back before taking the screenshot as previously suggested - means Book 3 is coming sooner than later.

1 hour ago, The Priest said:

Which is my point? That's why they are never going to change the existing Legendary Heroes just because the new elements would fit them better.

I'm not sure what your point was, then, because mine was that screwage happens anyways, so retconning existing units, while unlikely, is definitely not completely out of the question.

It's also far less disruptive to change a unit's element than it is to change their stats.

11 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

We already have two lightning-based Legendary Heroes: Hector (Thunder affinity, lightning-based legendary weapon) and Eirika (Light affinity, lightning-based legendary weapon).

Hector is given the Fire element to focus on the heat aspect of lightning. Eirika is given the Water element to focus on the storm aspect of lightning.

Ok. Was this in response to me saying we didn't have a Lightning/Energy Blessing, or that it would have made no sense not to make Ryoma a Light Legendary?