January 2019 Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

The higher BST for cavalry units is Sigurd, with 159. A Trainee Cavalry Dragon would have between 165 and 168. I don't believe he would reach 170.

What? I just want to see them make a trainee that isn't an armor again.

As for Sigurd, he was an aberration. He got the full gen 2 growth bonus, just no base stat bonus. It seems like they did coded that was too much and so all future gen 2 cavs got +5% (2 additional stat points) to their growths instead of +10% (4 additional).

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So with the new Seasonal banner, is there a chance that when IS hit the "we need more Fates!" panic button, they decided on Mythic Leo (aka Meo)? I'm certainly just being paranoid, and they already gave L'azura.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

On 18/1/2019 at 7:22 AM, bottlegnomes said:

What? I just want to see them make a trainee that isn't an armor again.

As for Sigurd, he was an aberration. He got the full gen 2 growth bonus, just no base stat bonus. It seems like they did coded that was too much and so all future gen 2 cavs got +5% (2 additional stat points) to their growths instead of +10% (4 additional).

Sigurd is the same kind of anomaly that Brave Lyn; having pseudo Gen 2 Stats product of winning CYL1 in Lyn's case; where the improvement it's a flat +10% as you said, instead of the standart Cavalier Spread that we see since Siegbert.

That is the reason why Brave Ike's stats are a little lower than the Gen 2 Infantry, why Sigurd has a little higher stats than the Gen 2 Cavaliers; and why Brave Lyn is the only Cavalry Ranged with a stat spread higher than 144-146 BST.

On 1/18/2019 at 5:22 AM, bottlegnomes said:

He is a gen I cavalry with CYL1 bonus. Ayra is the first full fledged gen II unit that was released a few days after Sigurd.

Dark Mythic: Micaiah, Zelgius, or Xander. I almost wanted to guess Dheginsea or Kurthnaga, but I don't think they'd add a character who isn't in the game yet with the exception of FEH only characters.

Anima: Eliwood, I don't see it being anyone else really lol.

Astra: I haven't a clue. Since this infinity hasn't appeared before I think its skies the limit almost. Could be anyone--Chrom, Alm, Celica, Seliph, Sigurd, etc. If it's definitely supposed to be a colorless unit then it's likely going to be bow Alm or something weird. It'll probably be someone I didn't even think of. But if it's colorless then I feel it'll probably be Astra.

Edit: Well, I forgot Micaiah can use staves. So I could definitely see her with a staff as the next Mythical Hero.

Edited by SSbardock84

4 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

My joke-but-not-really-a-joke prediction for the next mythic character was Ike but...oh, Legendary Ike is slated to return this month...nah they wouldn't do anything that tone deaf.

Mythic Camilla it is, then.

I see what you did there!!! 

Hmmm...

• Legendary Ike
  • Legendary Eirika
  • Laegjarn
  • Legendary Lyn
  • Dancing Elincia
  • Brave Ephraim
  • Legendary Tiki
  • Dancing Ryoma
  • Quan Kliff
  • New Colorless Mythic (uh, I dunno, one of the major RD characters, endgame style) - Duma
  • Summer Linde
  • Loki

Got 10 of them right, which supports my prediction for next month's banner including Dancing Xander & Micaiah. Also I expected Anima, so that plays out. Some early guesswork for next month:

• Hrid
  • Dancing Micaiah
  • Brave Celica
  • Gunnthra
  • ??? - Lewyn/Surtr/Adrift Corrin F/New Legendary?
  • ??? - same as above
  • Legendary Ephraim
  • Halloween Niles
  • ??? - Quan/Ophelia/Ylgr/Adrift Corrin M/New Legendary?
  • Legendary Robin
  • Dancing Xander
  • ??? - Mikoto/Veronica rerun/New Legendary?

Note that the 4 Legendaries are confirmed, while Micaiah, Xander, and Celica are extremely high odds to round out their source banners. I'd guess Green is the color with the highest odds of getting a new hero since it's now tied with colorless for fewest heroes, though March is going to be green so maybe not. Things to ponder:

• With the 3 Muspell Generals out so far, will they move on to Surtr and Ylgr right away, or wait? I personally don't think they'll release Surtr in the same month as other notoriously strong armors, such as Legendary Hector (April), Brave Ephraim (rerun in May or June I'd wager), or Halloween Myrrh (March or April), so I suspect he might appear next month since that will be one of the few times where he wouldn't have that conflict.
  • With Quan skipped, it doesn't look so good for his chances after this
  • Was Ophelia skipped due to Hero Fest happening so recently? I suspect this may be the case. I'd be shocked if she never made an appearance though.

2 hours ago, Johann said:

Some early guesswork for next month:

• Hrid
  • Dancing Micaiah
  • Brave Celica
  • Gunnthra
  • ??? - same as above
  • Legendary Ephraim
  • Halloween Niles
  • Legendary Robin
  • Dancing Xander

I believe that after the rerun of all CYL 2 units, IntSys will rerun the CYL 1 units, and then return to CYL 2 again. We got at least one CYL unit in all banners since the start of these banners.

Oh dang. So we're getting legendary Tiki this month. Well pardon my french but fuck! She's my most wanted unit and I've spent all of my orbs trying to get a second Tibarn with a better nature (and a spare version of his rad A skill). I was banking on her not returning this month. Duma is another character I've wanted for ages. Crappity crap crap. Damn you shiny new Laguz.

Edited by Jotari

If Ophelia was skipped due to the Hero Fest, it could suggest Lewyn and Owain will be skipped too. Although red is more crowded than green, so maybe they'll include Lewyn but not Owain?

I can't really complain about Kliff, since I'd still be happy to get him, but I was hoping for Quan or at least Ophelia. Hopefully Quan will get another banner soon.

14 hours ago, Johann said:

Got 10 of them right, which supports my prediction for next month's banner including Dancing Xander & Micaiah. Also I expected Anima, so that plays out. Some early guesswork for next month:

That's really good. For me you got even 11 right as the mythic hero was the right color and I don't expect you to guess which character it's going to be.

14 hours ago, Johann said:
  • Hrid
  • Dancing Micaiah
  • Brave Celica
  • Gunnthra
  • ??? - same as above
  • Legendary Ephraim
  • Halloween Niles
  • Legendary Robin
  • Dancing Xander

Even though I intended to go for Grima here, I guess the only interest in that banner I have now, is which blue units go out of the pool.

Ophelia for March would be nice but if I remember correctly your reasoning for Halloween Niles next month instead of Halloween Kagero was so Niles wouldn't share with another blue archer in March. By that reasoning I guess it's more likely that Ophelia will come with Ephraim and Quan will come with Azura and Lucina instead of the other way around.

February doesn't look great for me, since I already have Micaiah, Ephraim, Gunnthra, and Robin. I'm not as sure about Micaiah being there, though. Last time they split the dancer banner across three, right?

9 minutes ago, Azuris said:

That's really good. For me you got even 11 right as the mythic hero was the right color and I don't expect you to guess which character it's going to be.

Haha well that one was a freebie, since we already knew it would be colorless. If I get the color right next month, I'll be surprised since it could technically be any of the 4, but almost certainly not red and blue is very unlikely since there are 5 already.

11 minutes ago, Azuris said:

Even though I intended to go for Grima here, I guess the only interest in that banner I have now, is which blue units go out of the pool.

Ophelia for March would be nice but if I remember correctly your reasoning for Halloween Niles next month instead of Halloween Kagero was so Niles wouldn't share with another blue archer in March. By that reasoning I guess it's more likely that Ophelia will come with Ephraim and Quan will come with Azura and Lucina instead of the other way around.

Yeah blue remains the hardest color to predict, and while I think it'll be Niles for the lone Halloween unit, I can't rule out Kagero entirely. Matching Ophelia/Ephraim and Quan/Azura/Lucina makes some good sense too, though I could see Ylgr throwing it all off somewhere.

Just now, Othin said:

I'm not as sure about Micaiah being there, though. Last time they split the dancer banner across three, right?

They did, but by putting Elincia and Ryoma on the same banner, I'm getting the impression that they don't intend to split them again. You could certainly be right though.

9 minutes ago, Johann said:

They did, but by putting Elincia and Ryoma on the same banner, I'm getting the impression that they don't intend to split them again. You could certainly be right though.

The thing is that last time had a 2-1-1 split, that's how you get four characters across three banners.

The order was weird, though. First it was Azura on Ike's banner, then Olivia on Ephraim's banner, then they didn't have any of them on Robin's banner for some reason, then Shigure and Inigo together on Lyn's banner.

I'm going to predict a 2-1-1 split this time as well. Just Xander in February, then Micaiah in March. (This pushes Myrrh into April, which isn't too bad, I think.)

• Hrid
  • Brave Celica
  • Legendary Roy (new)
  • Legendary Ephraim
  • Halloween Niles
  • Ylgr
  • Gunnthra
  • Halloween Kagero
  • Adrift Corrin F
  • Legendary Robin
  • Dancing Xander
  • Mikoto

Ylgr and Corrin are the ones I'm least confident about. I think Quan and Ophelia are both being skipped, and Ophelia being skipped suggests Owain and Lewyn probably are as well, but Lewyn could be an exception just due to being green. If so, Lewyn and Corrin M could take those two spots.

I do think the next legendary hero is either red or blue. As of Duma, the legendary/mythic rotation has 5 reds, 5 blues, 3 greens, and 3 colorless. Whichever color the next legendary hero has will be doubled up, and I don't think we're at the point of doubling up on green or colorless yet. Also it's between a colorless mythic and a green one, and I don't think those are common enough to happen consecutively (unlike red).

Roy seems like a particularly strong candidate. The next two legendary heroes should be Fire (+Spd) and Earth (+Res) to complete the chart, and Roy is both fire-associated and one of the biggest legendary candidates left. Also, while it's not the same month as the upcoming Binding Blade banner, the fact that there won't be a legendary banner that month means this is the closest one, so it seems like the best possible time.

15 minutes ago, Othin said:

The thing is that last time had a 2-1-1 split, that's how you get four characters across three banners.

The order was weird, though. First it was Azura on Ike's banner, then Olivia on Ephraim's banner, then they didn't have any of them on Robin's banner for some reason, then Shigure and Inigo together on Lyn's banner.

I'm going to predict a 2-1-1 split this time as well. Just Xander in February, then Micaiah in March. (This pushes Myrrh into April, which isn't too bad, I think.)

• Hrid
  • Brave Celica
  • Legendary Roy (new)
  • Legendary Ephraim
  • Halloween Niles
  • Ylgr
  • Gunnthra
  • Halloween Kagero
  • Adrift Corrin F
  • Legendary Robin
  • Dancing Xander
  • Mikoto

Ylgr and Corrin are the ones I'm least confident about. I think Quan and Ophelia are both being skipped, and Ophelia being skipped suggests Owain and Lewyn probably are as well, but Lewyn could be an exception just due to being green. If so, Lewyn and Corrin M could take those two spots.

I do think the next legendary hero is either red or blue. As of Duma, the legendary/mythic rotation has 5 reds, 5 blues, 3 greens, and 3 colorless. Whichever color the next legendary hero has will be doubled up, and I don't think we're at the point of doubling up on green or colorless yet. Also it's between a colorless mythic and a green one, and I don't think those are common enough to happen consecutively (unlike red).

Roy seems like a particularly strong candidate. The next two legendary heroes should be Fire (+Spd) and Earth (+Res) to complete the chart, and Roy is both fire-associated and one of the biggest legendary candidates left. Also, while it's not the same month as the upcoming Binding Blade banner, the fact that there won't be a legendary banner that month means this is the closest one, so it seems like the best possible time.

It would also be close enough because we know one of the March Banners is the Binding Blade Banner; and we know the late March banner must be Spring Heroes; meaning this that the BB Banner is the Early March Banner.

So yeah; Roy would arrive in a very nice moment actually.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Was thinking it could play out that way. Yet, I also feel that they wouldn't save a seasonal dancer for a banner that has Legendary Azura on it.

I agree that Roy is probably the strongest contender for the Legendary spot, backed by the season calendar implying that March will be Fire, though the color being unknown makes me wonder if they'd do something different with him.

5 minutes ago, Troykv said:

It would also be close enough because we know one of the March Banners is the Binding Blade Banner; and we know the late March banner must be Spring Heroes; meaning this that the BB Banner is the Early March Banner.

So yeah; Roy would arrive in a very nice moment actually.

Yeah, that too.

4 minutes ago, Johann said:

Was thinking it could play out that way. Yet, I also feel that they wouldn't save a seasonal dancer for a banner that has Legendary Azura on it.

I agree that Roy is probably the strongest contender for the Legendary spot, backed by the season calendar implying that March will be Fire, though the color being unknown makes me wonder if they'd do something different with him.

Hmm, good point. Maybe they'll interrupt it like last time? Xander in February, none of them in March (but have Myrrh there), Micaiah in April? It's weird but possible, and does have precedent. Once we get the schedule for reruns of this month's set, it'll be easier to make that sort of long-term guess.

It's possible that Roy could be another color, but I'm not sure what would feel fitting for a legendary version of him. His whole thing is a flaming sword, so the only other weapon that seems fitting to me is Forblaze. Which is still red.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Hmm, good point. Maybe they'll interrupt it like last time? Xander in February, none of them in March (but have Myrrh there), Micaiah in April? It's weird but possible, and does have precedent. Once we get the schedule for reruns of this month's set, it'll be easier to make that sort of long-term guess.

It's possible that Roy could be another color, but I'm not sure what would feel fitting for a legendary version of him. His whole thing is a flaming sword, so the only other weapon that seems fitting to me is Forblaze. Which is still red.

Perhaps unrelated, but since March's Mythic hero is green, I'm inclined to think that it'll be Idunn as a Dark-type green infantry dragon. I'd feel a lot more sure about that if we don't get Roy in February.

7 minutes ago, Johann said:

Perhaps unrelated, but since March's Mythic hero is green, I'm inclined to think that it'll be Idunn as a Dark-type green infantry dragon. I'd feel a lot more sure about that if we don't get Roy in February.

Yeah, I was thinking we could get Idunn with Mystics now being open to being gods and final bosses. She might even be popular enough that they could profit from making her summonable over a GHB.

Although, if Idunn is MH, even if there is an MHB, I'd think they'd like to give us a Binding GHB welfare unit too. And if Idunn can't be it, then it'd have to be someone else, the question is who? We still have Gale, Brunnya, and Murdock on the pure enemy side. Maybe they could squeeze in another playable with Perceval or Rutger? 

2 minutes ago, Johann said:

I'm guessing Idunn will be on the main banner. She's the most voted FE6 unit not yet in the game on CYL2, so she makes sense as a highlight of the banner itself. (Rutger is a close second, but others are a ways behind.)

I don't think she seems godlike in the way Duma does. I also think it'd be more fitting to have her as a colorless breath infantry, finally covering that gap and putting colorless breath into the main summoning pool.

I'm not sure who to expect for the March mythic. I do think they'll probably be Astra element, which is another strike against Idunn since she'd probably be Dark, although I wouldn't have pegged Duma as Anima so who even knows with elements.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah, I was thinking we could get Idunn with Mystics now being open to being gods and final bosses. She might even be popular enough that they could profit from making her summonable over a GHB.

Although, if Idunn is MH, even if there is an MHB, I'd think they'd like to give us a Binding GHB welfare unit too. And if Idunn can't be it, then it'd have to be someone else, the question is who? We still have Gale, Brunnya, and Murdock on the pure enemy side. Maybe they could squeeze in another playable with Perceval or Rutger? 

Brunnya scored the best of those three bosses on CYL2, but I'd be happy with any of the three.

I should have added that I think March's Mythic will be Dark to keep Eir from being less desirable in the long run. Putting Light and Astra heroes on the same banner could give many players little reason to keep pulling for Mythics down the road if they have good fortune.

Side note, I'm more than convinced Rutger is coming in March since they used his image in CYL3 stuff. I wouldn't rule out him being a GHB guy either.

17 minutes ago, Johann said:

I should have added that I think March's Mythic will be Dark to keep Eir from being less desirable in the long run. Putting Light and Astra heroes on the same banner could give many players little reason to keep pulling for Mythics down the road if they have good fortune.

Side note, I'm more than convinced Rutger is coming in March since they used his image in CYL3 stuff. I wouldn't rule out him being a GHB guy either.

What long-term issues would that cause? I don't think having them share a banner would be very consequential.

My thinking is, they want both Anima and Astra to be released before Dark, so for a couple of months, the only way to have both an offense and defense mythic for the same season will be to pull for two non-Eir heroes, not just one. That helps them get as much mileage as possible out of the elements while they're new.

And yeah, Rutger is definitely on his way, one way or the other.