Fire Emblem: A Sacred Dawn

Mage Knight 404

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an amazing hack everything is so much better than the original FE8, I can't wait until this patch is finished that's going to be a day for the ages. Thank you MK for your continuing involvement in hacking you've reinvented FE7-FE8 for me.

There is a god. And his name be Awesome, the Almighty!

...my apologies x) I am looking forward to this hack (as it might give me a reason to *gasp* fire up Sacred Stones again) and wish you well in what you do with it. Even if I am a nitpicker who's very good at picking nits.

...and the new screens are pretty damn nifty, too =O

So,Micaiah promotes to summoner???I suppose you just haven't inserted light sage yet,or so i would hope...

Where'd you get this from? If it was from the previous patch, I have little to no doubts that the promotion to Summoner would be due to her promotion not being inserted.

Vey nice hack. I was playing it but when I supported Aran and Laura it was Aran talking to Edward instead of Laura

It does that with all supports. he just didn't put new supports in.

Edited by mousefire

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome to see you've updated again.

I noticed the magic tomes have similar weight to the tomes in FE6. You could problably make them a bit more powerful, but so far, everything seems really awesome.

Also I was wondering if you were considering do an FE6 hack when you're done. It would problably be hard, but the end of your FE7 hack included Roy. If you are going to make an FE6 hack, it should be interesting, considering how Zephiel's no longer the main villain.

Anyway, I really think it's awesome. Keep up the good work. ):D

Also I was wondering if you were considering do an FE6 hack when you're done. It would problably be hard, but the end of your FE7 hack included Roy. If you are going to make an FE6 hack, it should be interesting, considering how Zephiel's no longer the main villain.

IIRC, he refused to do one because he thought FE 6 was too "archaic".

FE6 doesn't click with me in terms of using it for ROM hacking. It's a fine game on its own, though.

I reduced the might of magic because mages tore the game up with magic this good. I learned that from the FE7 ROM hack, so I weakened magic to try and balance it.

Although I don't want to make mages suck like they dd in FE10...

I've always liked the Mauthe Doogs because they were one of the more interesting enemies. They're practically Myrmidons on speed. Every other monster was just some form of another class, but the Mauthe Doog stood out for me. I dunno.

I've always liked the Mauthe Doogs because they were one of the more interesting enemies. They're practically Myrmidons on speed. Every other monster was just some form of another class, but the Mauthe Doog stood out for me. I dunno.

I see. And I suppose that 3-headed hellhounds are also cool. Also, I can see where you're coming from with the comment about the other monsters being some form of other classes.

Edited by Richter Renard

Mage Knight 404, on 13 December - 04:26 AM, said:

FE6 doesn't click with me in terms of using it for ROM hacking. It's a fine game on its own, though.

I reduced the might of magic because mages tore the game up with magic this good. I learned that from the FE7 ROM hack, so I weakened magic to try and balance it.

Although I don't want to make mages suck like they dd in FE10...

No I can see why you reduced the might of magic. Lugh in FE6 was, when trained up, completely broken with his magic. If he didn't kill anything outright, he would knock him down to size.

It'd be interesting if male Mamkutes from FE6 appeared though.

Also I'm curious. How come you don't like hacking FE6? I myself find it interesting, but it's ok that you don't like it.

Anyway, I love your ROM hacks. They're very good and I really enjoy your LPs too. Keep up the good work :D!

I have no problems with FE6. It's just an aesthetical preference, because it just feels...old to me.

Interesting. I'd feel the same way about hacking FE3 or FE11. I agree that FE6's aesthetics aren't the best though. Except for Ray and Cath's epic faces. And the female thief sprites. But yeah, I can see where you're coming from.

Actually, I'm planning on an FE6 hack myself, but I don't have the tools. Also translating is a bitch.

What new characters did you bring in?

I have no problems with FE6. It's just an aesthetical preference, because it just feels...old to me.

I'm the same way... I'm getting sick of hacking FE7 too... >_>

Actually, I'm planning on an FE6 hack myself, but I don't have the tools. Also translating is a bitch.

All you have to do is download the tools, and the game already has a translation patch for it... o_O But we're derailing MK's topic...

Any thoughts about hacking a SNES FE?

FE 5 with Linoan as main lord? :3

Personally I doubt he'd do such a thing, MK is more of a spriter than a hacker, but I suppose I shouldn't speak for him... In any case, such a hack would be interesting, since most pre-FE6 hacks are either in Japanese or simply not known about by many people...

Edited by Fire Blazer