February 2019 Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

Spoiler

Hope new Roy doesn't come with Quick Riposte 4 on the b-slot or any kind of ridiculous powercreep like that. OG!Roy already has QR5 on his weapon.

Edited by leocanta
Forgot the spoiler tag!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

My bet is:

Roy will be an Infantry Axe unit with siper-megezord- Armads to please Hector.

Built in Null Follow up 3 on the Axe together with Wrath

That we got all melee infantry weapons covered. Next Legendary Hero will be Xander who will cover the Horse Axe Spot.

@Othin

Spoiler

Found the japanese title after a bit research.

It's "封炎の若獅子",

封 comes from seal, 炎 means flame/blaze. So it is more something like sealing flame? Sadly I cannot translate it with Jisho directly. At least I can tell that it's not blazing. Icedragon can decipher it better. )=

若獅子 (wakaishishiko) means young lion. Pardon my romaji.

So if I would translate it 1 to 1. I would say "young lion of the sealing flame" could be the japanese title if translated directly.

Edited by Stroud

4 minutes ago, Stroud said:

@Othin

Hide contents

Found the japanese title after a bit research.

It's "封炎の若獅子",

封 comes from seal, 炎 means flame. So it is more something like flameseal? Sadly I cannot translate it with Jisho directly. At least I can tell that it's not blazing. Icedragon can decipher it better. )=

若獅子 (wakaishishiko) means young lion. Pardon my romaji.

So if I would translate it 1 to 1. I would say flamesealing young lion could be the japanese title. 

Hmm. It looks like the Binding Blade is 封印の剣, with 封印 being the "binding" part. (剣 is "sword".) So there's one shared character, but one different one.

Meanwhile Forblaze is フォルブレズ in katakana, which is useless, and 業火の理 in kanji, which is completely different and seems to translate to something along the lines of "Reason of Hellfire". Durandal is デュランダル in katakana (why am I even bothering to copy the katakana) and 烈火の剣 in kanji, which is "Sword of Raging Fire". That has the missing "fire" kanji, but I don't know why this Roy's title is gluing together one kanji from each of his weapons.

Spoiler

炎 (Flame) and 火 (Fire) are a bit different. Even if they look equal thanks to the same radical which helps identifying each. 

Should have taken my time. now I could make better sense of it. I think "Young Lion of the Sealing Flame" makes more sense now.
So maybe they just wanted to put the seal and flame/blaze together in the title. I don't know what has driven them, but I guess "Young Lion of the sealing flame" sounds better than Young Lion of Raging Fire, where the Raging Fire applies to the sword Durandal anyway and does not have much to do with roy I think.

I think we might get confused for decisions to Binding Blade and Blazing Sword for now. They have still to give some thoughts for the official translation from binding blade. And not all titles in FEH are translated directly anyway. Aversa is the best example. 

Here is a picture of the japanese googleplay store.

e5a510fe.jpg

Edited by Stroud

2 minutes ago, Stroud said:
  Hide contents

炎 (Flame) and 火 (Fire) are a bit different. Even if they look equal thanks to the same radical which helps identifying each. 

Huh. I don't think I've ever actually picked up on them being two separate kanji before, I always just parsed them both as "fire" and never paid enough attention to details to notice the differences.

...Which raises the question of why I didn't notice that the "fire" kanji was also in the full title of Forblaze. Well, whatever.

Translation things and prediction:

Spoiler

封炎 (fuuen) is technically ambiguous between "sealing flame" and "sealed flame", but in this case, it's irrelevant which one it is. The specific use of "封", "seal", is a clear reference to the Binding Blade (封印の剣 (fuuin no tsurugi), officially "Sword of Seal") and not Durandal (烈火の剣 (rekka no ken), officially "Sword of Flame", literally "Sword of Raging Fire") or Forblaze (業火の理 (gouka no kotowari), "Revelation of Hellfire").

His full title is 封炎の若獅子 (fuuen no waka-shishi). I'd personally use a direct translation of "Young Lion of the Sealing Flame", which is the same as @Stroud's translation.

This, however, means that it's likely for Roy to be implemented as a sword infantry (I honestly cannot see him as a different movement type) with a stronger version of the Binding Blade.

Here's hoping for dragon-effective damage + Distant Counter + Renewal 3 + Bracing Stance 2.

Spoiler

The person who said Roy an armor beast, yeah that would make me pull for him.  If he is sword infantry it has to be something incredible and unique, there are just so so many good ones.  Marth stood out as the ultimate dragon slayer, how will Roy? Anyways looking like a skip, cause then I think Micaiah isn't on the banner, I have Hrid and Brave Celica already.  Still I am very happy Roy gets his time to shine he was CYL1 Male#2, so it is surprising it has taken as long as it has.  

Expected. Easy pass. 

Spoiler

He’ll most likely be a powercrept version of his basic self complete wih a new Binding Blade variant or...we could be in for another L!Lyn scenario and he ends up getting a new Durandal variant as an infantry unit. 

“Young Lion of the Sealing Flame”? Binding Blade variant it is. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

Spoiler

It would be cool if he wields the Binding Blade in a murder stroke, so he can be an axe unit.

10 hours ago, Othin said:

Reveal hidden contents

Blazing Lion sounds like Forblaze to me. I'd say Durandal if he hadn't already used it, but he has, and Forblaze is the remaining fire-themed legendary weapon from Elibe.

I'm bringing back my previous prediction of:

• Hrid/Celica/Roy
  • Ephraim/Niles/Corrin
  • Gunnthra/Kagero/Lewyn
  • Robin/Xander/Mikoto

If this is the case, I think I'll go for one of the reds. Might pick up some blue along the way? I'd have to get really lucky to also get Velouria and Myrrh, though. Unless Myrrh is my free pull, which would really simplify things.

Yeah, it's certainly looking more like that. I think you're going to get a lot more correct than I will

2 hours ago, Johann said:

Yeah, it's certainly looking more like that. I think you're going to get a lot more correct than I will

Hmm. Maybe Surtr instead of Lewyn, you made good points about all the reasons not to have him later and my proposed banner wouldn't have any green melee.

It looks like that's happened once, on Lyn's banner, but no other times.

14 minutes ago, Othin said:

Hmm. Maybe Surtr instead of Lewyn, you made good points about all the reasons not to have him later and my proposed banner wouldn't have any green melee.

It looks like that's happened once, on Lyn's banner, but no other times.

Perhaps, but on the other hand, if Kagero is in (and her chances are looking a lot better right now), then I could also see them putting off Surtr for a while longer. Then again, practically any green with a chance here is going to be extremely desirable, except for people who don't care for Gunnthra (boorish swine, all of them!)

Edited by Johann

On 2/21/2019 at 7:21 PM, Stroud said:

Ophelia should appear on the blazing light banner coming soon. So blue is certainly the weaker choice here. Unless L!Ephraim or Niles are wanted badly. (If they appear of course).

Confirmed now that this is the case.

28 minutes ago, Johann said:

Perhaps, but on the other hand, if Kagero is in (and her chances are looking a lot better right now), then I could also see them putting off Surtr for a while longer. Then again, practically any green with a chance here is going to be extremely desirable, except for people who don't care for Gunnthra (boorish swine, all of them!)

Yeah, that's the thing. I think they'd be more willing to put him alongside Kagero than alongside a green melee armor like Hector, Ephraim, or Fae. And the green mythic next month might further contribute.

13 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah, that's the thing. I think they'd be more willing to put him alongside Kagero than alongside a green melee armor like Hector, Ephraim, or Fae. And the green mythic next month might further contribute.

Hmm then I suppose we'd see something like this for seasonals going forward:

• MAR: Micaiah, Myrrh, Mia
  • APR: Eirika, Ephraim, Fae
  • MAY: Fjorm, Laevatein, and either Gunnthra or Hrid
  • JUN: remaining NY unit and 2 Hot Springs units (probably not Elise)

This is going strictly by order of release, but I suspect they'd mix it up a bit to avoid things like putting Fae and Hector in the same pool, or possibly not putting Myrrh and Micaiah together (very uncommon for them to put multiple seasonals in the same color, last time being when we had a bunch of greens to get through). I suppose another version would just swap Myrrh and Fae or whatever. All of it gets shook up depending on when Brave Ephraim and Hector return, and since they probably want to get through these seasonal armors, I'm guessing those two won't be back until May and June.

Can't edit my last post, but anyway

Since Lewyn is on the VG banner, he almost certainly won't appear on the Legendary Banner. Not that it makes much a difference at this point since they'll drop the trailer tonight, but it certainly supports @Othin's prediction about Kagero appearing

3 minutes ago, Johann said:

Can't edit my last post, but anyway

Since Lewyn is on the VG banner, he almost certainly won't appear on the Legendary Banner. Not that it makes much a difference at this point since they'll drop the trailer tonight, but it certainly supports @Othin's prediction about Kagero appearing

Huh, yeah.

He was in my previous guess, so I'll amend it to:

• Hrid/Celica/Roy
  • Ephraim/Niles/Corrin
  • Gunnthra/Kagero/Surtr
  • Robin/Xander/Mikoto

If this is the case, I'll try for one of the reds before moving on to Myrrh and Velouria, personally.

@Othin guess they showed us, no CYL unit! This is making March look something like this at the moment

• Ryoma, Celica, Myrrh
  • Lucina, Azura, Ophelia
  • New Green Mythic, Kagero, Lewyn
  • Eir, Mia, Leanne or Veronica

Seems like a really powerful banner though, so maybe they'd shoehorn some less popular normal 5*s in there

6 minutes ago, Johann said:

@Othin guess they showed us, no CYL unit! This is making March look something like this at the moment

• Ryoma, Celica, Myrrh
  • Lucina, Azura, Ophelia
  • New Green Mythic, Kagero, Lewyn
  • Eir, Mia, Leanne or Veronica

Seems like a really powerful banner though, so maybe they'd shoehorn some less popular normal 5*s in there

Interesting, I could see that.

Personally I'm still getting the idea Ophelia and Lewyn may have had their legendary appearance replaced by the Hero Fest.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Interesting, I could see that.

Personally I'm still getting the idea Ophelia and Lewyn may have had their legendary appearance replaced by the Hero Fest.

Yeah that could be the case. Also I realized that I forgot Ylgr so it's more likely she'd appear with Lucina and Azura

I wonder if there will be any more four-seasonal legendary banners. We've gotten used to three-seasonal ones as the new standard, but that's only 36 legendary seasonal reruns per year, while we've gotten 38 new (non-TT) seasonals over the past year. That'll mean increasing slip over time (albeit slowly), while we're getting weirdly close to catching up on New Heroes. Especially in green: if Lewyn is skipped and Kaden demotes, we're all the way caught up now. Although they could cycle back around like they did with colorless once.

• March: Ryoma, Lucina, Azura, Eir, New Green Mythic
  • April: Ike, Marth, Hector, Fjorm, Roy, New Colorless Legendary
  • May: Hríd, Eirika, Tiki, Lyn, Duma, New Mythic (unknown color)
  • June: Gunnthrá, Ephraim, Robin, New Legendary (unknown color)

On April, we will start to have 6 Legendary/Mythic Heroes on the banner. Also, I believe the reason for Roy to return so soon is because of his new effect, which will be available on April.

Spoiler

News-Legendary-Heroes-Table-Azura.jpg640px-News-Mythic-Heroes-Table-Duma.png640px-News-Legendary-Heroes-Table-Roy.jpg

Edited by Diovani Bressan