New Heroes Approach : Beyond Darkness (March 7 ~) SPOILERS: DATAMINE

Coolmanio

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Bleh. Getting cockblocked hard in my efforts for Idunn merges. I've so far gotten as pitybreakers Katarina (who is already +10), a spare Thea, two copies of Eldigan (which now gives me enough copies of him to make a second +10), Laegjarn (who is already +10), Sylvia, and Leo (who is already +10).

All the while, I've only gotten 4 copies of Idunn.

EDIT: At least this banner runs for a massive 33 days, which means I'll be able to put some of next month's budget into it if my luck doesn't improve.

Well, it looks my luck is still crap.

Got Elincia (now +8), Fallen Celica (now +9), and Sigurd (already +10) before finally getting only my fifth copy of Idunn. Of my copies of Idunn, 4 of them are +HP and the remaining one is +Res.

I've spent all of what I've budgeted for this banner, so I'm done with buying orbs until the mid-month banner comes out. I'll be spending all of my free orbs on this banner until then and will buy more orbs when I start making my budget for next month.

2 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Lugh was never a candidate for demotion the minute they put a Rally+ skill on him~ Thea is the obvious one here and I'll be really shocked if she doesn't drop, as she has no reason not to.

Thea is definately going to demote. Its something they tried really hard not to hide. I think they could at least have gone with something more exiting then a seal skill, but I take it. Her art looks cool.

I still hope Lugh demotes even with that annoying +rally skill  trying to prevent that. I think the serpent tome and the feint skill would be alright on a four star. It did get my thinking though. is this the first time no one could demote when two characters share a colour? Like Silas dropped after blocking people from getting Ophilia, Oscar dropped after he was done ruining the day of people going for Nephenee and there are other examples like MMorgan too. I don't remember any instances of both characters staying 5 stars though.

19 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I admit to being one of the people making that argument. Now when is IS sending me that dunce cap accessory as compensation?

I think we may get one in the next forging bonds!  Ha, don't worry.  I thought that Ishtar Genealogy banner last year was a sign that alts might no longer appear on new hero banners, of course the very next one had flying Nino alt.  I think we want to be very optimistic about IS listening and changing things for the better, so it is easy to jump the gun and think they have completely changed their ways.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

All of the Rally+ skills so far have been on characters that have had other reasons not to demote, though.

• Ophelia (Rally Up Atk+) has Missiletainn, which is easily one of the best tomes in the game along with a strong offensive stat spread.
  • Onsen Elise (Rally Up Atk+) is seasonal.
  • Dream Corrin (Rally Atk/Spd+) is an Adrift character.
  • Valentine Soren (Rally Atk/Spd+) is seasonal.
  • Cuan (Rally Spd/Def+) had the first dual Rally+ skill.
  • Valentine Mist (Rally Def/Res+) is seasonal.

Lugh is the first character with a Rally+ skill that doesn't have a compelling reason to not demote outside of Thea being a more obvious demote.

Do you think they would demote a Feint Skill or Gronnserpent, though? It took them this long to even give us another Serpent tome, so it always seemed like they don't want it all easily available, despite it not being all that special of a weapon~

I've been doing this thing where I pull the first orb I see that is of the color I want to pull on but it hasn't been working so I went for the other orb this time and that got me an Idunn.

Even though I like Lugh, I won't be pulling for him until he's back on a 3 unit banner. 

Edited by Flying Shogi

39 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Do you think they would demote a Feint Skill or Gronnserpent, though? It took them this long to even give us another Serpent tome, so it always seemed like they don't want it all easily available, despite it not being all that special of a weapon~

Feint skills I feel are extremely niche both because they compete with other, stronger skills in the B slot (compared to Ploy skills, which are more similar in power to their competition) and because the Rally skills used to activate them are less desirable for general use than mobility Assist skills.

Gronnserpent is also a niche skill because there simply aren't very many units that make good use of the Litrserpent series. Furthermore, they compete directly with Litrowl in defensive builds, which for both blue and green tomes, are readily available from 4-star pulls, and they compete for the slot with Litrblade, albeit for a different role, as every tome user in the game can competently use the weapon in an offensive capacity.

Spent 31 orbs on the free pull and 4 ticket circles, pulling only Green and Red (5 Green orbs, 8 Reds), came out with a +atk -res Lugh, so I guess I'll duck out here.
Far too risky diving back in for an Idunn copy after the orb disaster that Velouria caused last banner even if she redeemed herself a little by bringing a Kliff with her when I was almost orbless.

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

I think we may get one in the next forging bonds!  Ha, don't worry.  I thought that Ishtar Genealogy banner last year was a sign that alts might no longer appear on new hero banners, of course the very next one had flying Nino alt.  I think we want to be very optimistic about IS listening and changing things for the better, so it is easy to jump the gun and think they have completely changed their ways.

I don't think it's jumping the gun. The past five normal banners (FE4, Conquest, FE10, FE14 Beasts, FE6) have all had five characters and zero alts. The last alt to appear on such a banner was Olivia, seven and a half months ago. The time from Eirika starting that trend to Olivia as the most recent addition to it was just six months, and those alts showed up on six banners over the course of that time (FE8, FE13, FE5, Birthright, FE7, FE13).

If this isn't the point where we can reasonably say a new pattern has emerged, what is?

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

I don't think it's jumping the gun. The past five normal banners (FE4, Conquest, FE10, FE14 Beasts, FE6) have all had five characters and zero alts. The last alt to appear on such a banner was Olivia, seven and a half months ago. The time from Eirika starting that trend to Olivia as the most recent addition to it was just six months, and those alts showed up on six banners over the course of that time (FE8, FE13, FE5, Birthright, FE7, FE13).

If this isn't the point where we can reasonably say a new pattern has emerged, what is?

We did have Adrift all alt banner thrown in there as well.  I would like to believe a new pattern has emerged, particularly since with FE6, instead of Thea who didn't score the best in CYL they could have given us a Lilina or old man Hector alt.  However can we safely say that alts will no longer appear on new hero banners?  That would be a welcome relief, but I can't be hopeful of that yet.  

3 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

We did have Adrift all alt banner thrown in there as well.  I would like to believe a new pattern has emerged, particularly since with FE6, instead of Thea who didn't score the best in CYL they could have given us a Lilina or old man Hector alt.  However can we safely say that alts will no longer appear on new hero banners?  That would be a welcome relief, but I can't be hopeful of that yet.  

Adrift is a themed alt banner, like Fallen Heroes and CYL. I'm specifically excluding those to focus on "normal" New Heroes banners: that is, the ones that do contain "regular" versions of characters.

I believe we will no longer see alts on those banners: the specific type of New Heroes alt shared by Eirika, Chrom, Reinhardt, Olwen, Hinoka, Nino, Olivia, and no other characters so far except arguably Zelgius. My takeaway is that they decided that those kinds of alts were a failure but that "Fallen Heroes style" banners built around a whole specific alt theme could still have a shot, which is how we got Adrift. Adrift, of course, got a ton of backlash as well, and I believe that will make them reluctant to make more banners like it, but that's only a guess so far. They might revisit Fallen Heroes at some point, since that was more successful.

. . .

So I figured I would throw my tickets on green. I like Sue's art anyways.. And I get a 5* after three tickets! It is Kana. I was hoping for Sue, but I would have settled for Lugh. But Kana, I already have her? What the heck is up with my off banner pulls lately. I guess now if I ever want to use her I have the choice of +ATK or +DEF. OR I can just kill her for Goad.

Though to be fair sounds like Ice Dragon is getting hit just as bad if not worse.

I’m really happy with this Summoning Focus, and I sent positive feedback to IS (I recommend others due the same if you agree).

All things considered, the stats are pretty balanced from what we have so far, and none of the skills scream powercreep. We also got all new Heroes this banner and no alts.

Edited by Arcphoenix