March's Mythic Hero Appears!! Yune: Chaos Goddess (March 28 ~)

Coolmanio

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing looking banner to me. I'd love to pick up so many things from it.
-Eir (a 3rd one for more flexibility on Light weeks)
-HMia (solves IP defense teams)
-Yune (1-2, collection or putting 2 on defense to reduce my worry on defense)
-HKagero (bottle for Winter Cecilia's collection and possible use)
-Lazura (a 2nd one for potential defense use)
-Bowcina (a copy for collection)
-Ophelia (chance for a +atk one, and rally up+ fodder)

9 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I like Micaiah. In all honesty, she really had no options around for her. Also, I think the issue is that Micaiah has to be written to be against Ike. And along with that, the bigger issue is that Ike's simple nature of how he handles things is made so that he's never stuck in a complicated situation that forces him to look at the bigger picture, and generally he fights for what he believes is right and thus, he has to be on the right side. Micaiah is the one meant to take the more complicated issues.

Can you imagine how Ike would handle if he was stuck in the Blood Contract? Fight the "right" side, and let hundreds of thousands of innocents dead. FIght for the wrong side, and... well, you're fighting for the wrong side.

Funny, I have a similar criticism of Superman and The Doctor, in that their uncompromising refusal to use lethal force is basically only kept from screwing the world over by sheer force of plot contrivance (though the Doctor, bless his heart, is way, way more guilty of this). The Gods And Monsters Superman short, don’t wanna spoil it, but basically the canon Superman would NEVER be allowed to be put in a situation where trying not to kill anyone would be recklessly putting millions of lives at risk. So I see where you’re coming from, though I don’t think Ike under the Blood Pact would be quite as “does not compute” as Superman or The Doctor would be. I think his characterization would survive and grow from it.

Edited by Alastor15243

57 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

1: she is an OC. not a fan.
2: I loathe her voice acting. it is horrible. 
3: she blocked me from Lazura. double hate. 

she's as useless as her entire family. 

Okay, that's fair, but she's also REALLY strong.

The Nifls are NOT useless. lol Fjorm is great for F2P strats, Gunnthra is a good green horse cav, especially when your other choices are mostly either seasonal or the meh Cecilia. Hrid is godly and has helped me in a lot of tough maps when I use my horse team. I also think he's super cool though. :P

I don't have Ylgr and have never gotten to use one from somebody else in gauntlets or anything, but she seems pretty good too.

Edited by Anacybele

Easy skip for me. If I did pull, it'd be from green because of Halloween Kagero and maybe Lewyn (I have neither.) I don't like Yune at all, though (for the same reasons I don't like Delthea and other such chaotic types), so she's one I'll probably actively avoid, along with Micaiah (who I like even less.) I must admit, though, having a res focus unit does seem cool and fun to play. I guess an easy counter for Yune will be red bows, though.

Also, I was surprised at her voicing. I thought her voice would be a lot higher, sounding less like what I imagined her complete form to sound like and more like her "inner child."

2 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Easy skip for me. If I did pull, it'd be from green because of Halloween Kagero and maybe Lewyn (I have neither.) I don't like Yune at all, though (for the same reasons I don't like Delthea and other such chaotic types), so she's one I'll probably actively avoid, along with Micaiah (who I like even less.) I must admit, though, having a res focus unit does seem cool and fun to play. I guess an easy counter for Yune will be red bows, though.

Also, I was surprised at her voicing. I thought her voice would be a lot higher, sounding less like what I imagined her complete form to sound like and more like her "inner child."

She can't be easily countered by red bows if red bows don't exist.

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

She can't be easily countered by red bows if red bows don't exist.

I'm sure they will eventually, but that they don't exist explains why I couldn't think of any specific units off the top of my head with them, heheh. Until then, colorless bows should work just fine, especially ones with high res.

41 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The Nifls are NOT useless. lol

No, they most definitely are but just in terms of the story. Which is to say, absolutely none of them except Fjorm needed to exist because they were that worthless to the plot.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

No, they most definitely are but just in terms of the story. Which is to say, absolutely none of them except Fjorm needed to exist because they were that worthless to the plot.

Then say "useless in the story" not just "useless" because just "useless" is still incorrect.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then say "useless in the story" not just "useless" because just "useless" is still incorrect.

Nah, they're next to worthless to me in terms of actual gameplay too with all the better options at my disposal. Fjorm would never get used (and, as a result, would've also died to the Inherit Skill grinder) if she wasn't an Arena bonus unit regular while Gunnthra became expendable to me to the point where I finally made her face the Inherit Skill guillotine.

I expected that Yune would end up as a mythic hero at some point. She's cool. Not someone i'm hyped for, but she's a good mythic hero candidate. Green will be my go to colour since a extra Lewyn has some good fodder too. Halloween Kagero is one of my least favourite seasonals so i'll probably get her. 

Colourless is also pretty cool. I'm one of the few people with no brave Lyn and I won't say no to a flying healer.

I do want Brave Celica, but I already have Myrh and two Ryoma's. I'll probably skip that colour if I can.

Blue has a great lineup, but also no one I want. I already got Lucina and Ophilia. I do not have legendary Azura, but she's also I unit I am not interested in using.

2 hours ago, Corrobin said:

Okay, that's fair, but she's also REALLY strong.

maybe she would be (if she wasn't minus speed). honestly for me, i think i'm one of those rare people who truly don't mind coloured range units - they are so much fun for me, and I think it just changes how you can play the game.  I'm also not someone who really is picky based on art or voice (like i'm trying to avoid this thread so much because i am desperately trying not to be spoiled for RD stuff) - but i know people are like. Oh. oof. Yune's voice is too deep. - that doesn't bug me. But Ylgr being a valley girl (compared to her art) makes no sense to me at all. I'll get the next coloured dagger. 

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

The Nifls are NOT useless. lol Fjorm is great for F2P strats, Gunnthra is a good green horse cav, especially when your other choices are mostly either seasonal or the meh Cecilia. Hrid is godly and has helped me in a lot of tough maps when I use my horse team. I also think he's super cool though. :P

I don't have Ylgr and have never gotten to use one from somebody else in gauntlets or anything, but she seems pretty good too.

Considering you tend to send home some of the best units in the game for feathers because you don't like them, or want them or don't do proper skill inheritance on rarer units , I would think you of all people would realise that useless is in the eye of the beholder. You like the Original Characters, that's fine -therefore they aren't useless to you. Fjorm's basic function in this game is a free Arena unit, and F2P. and that rare challenge. and quite frankly, she can barely do her arena job properly and the more people grow in the game, is the less you need f2P help. Olwen is better and Cecilia is easily merged and can be built for a lot of different ways (not like i'd really bother with that either) - and the only thing Hrid is godly at doing - is giving distant counter and now all 3 levels of atk smoke to any of my units who need distant counter. Zero regrets foddering off my only copy, and I'd do it again in a heart beat.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

it's not incorrect. If a person doesn't want them, doesn't like them, doesn't use them, and doesn't use their SI properly - then yah - they are useless. 

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Nah, they're next to worthless to me in terms of actual gameplay too with all the better options at my disposal. Fjorm would never get used (and, as a result, would've also died to the Inherit Skill grinder) if she wasn't an Arena bonus unit regular while Gunnthra became expendable to me to the point where I finally made her face the Inherit Skill guillotine.

exactly.

3 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Considering you tend to send home some of the best units in the game for feathers because you don't like them, or want them or don't do proper skill inheritance on rarer units , I would think you of all people would realise that useless is in the eye of the beholder. You like the Original Characters, that's fine -therefore they aren't useless to you. Fjorm's basic function in this game is a free Arena unit, and F2P. and that rare challenge. and quite frankly, she can barely do her arena job properly and the more people grow in the game, is the less you need f2P help. Olwen is better and Cecilia is easily merged and can be built for a lot of different ways (not like i'd really bother with that either) - and the only thing Hrid is godly at doing - is giving distant counter and now all 3 levels of atk smoke to any of my units who need distant counter. Zero regrets foddering off my only copy, and I'd do it again in a heart beat.

I never say those units are completely useless though. I just don't care for them. Saying a unit is useless to me is not the same as saying they're just useless in general because that's not true. Some people will get use out of that unit or that unit is really good for gameplay. Just because I don't have a use for them doesn't mean others won't. Also, I rarely ever send units home because they can usually be fodder for me.

@Anacybele side note, it should be Wind season all month long, so Hrid and Gunnthra (if you have her) are going to be extra good for AR for at least 4 weeks. Hrid's also an upcoming bonus unit, after Tiki and then Eirika. I gave him S Support again cuz I love having him all bulked up. 

No special interest in Yune or a Dark hero generally, I'll probably just pull til I get any 5 star and settle with that. Got 2 Eirs and Azura already so I'd rather save up for future months.

7 minutes ago, Johann said:

@Anacybele side note, it should be Wind season all month long, so Hrid and Gunnthra (if you have her) are going to be extra good for AR for at least 4 weeks. Hrid's also an upcoming bonus unit, after Tiki and then Eirika. I gave him S Support again cuz I love having him all bulked up.

Oh, awesome, thanks for the tip!

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I never say those units are completely useless though. I just don't care for them. Saying a unit is useless to me is not the same as saying they're just useless in general because that's not true. Some people will get use out of that unit or that unit is really good for gameplay. Just because I don't have a use for them doesn't mean others won't. Also, I rarely ever send units home because they can usually be fodder for me.

did i say people couldn't find a use for Ylgr? No the person asked why i disliked her, i said why, - because she and her family are useless. I never said. "thus no one ever should ever pull for any one of them.".  but for me. I don't like them, I don't use them. I will not summon for any Blue unit if Fjorm is there, and Green for Gunnthra, for the most part they have crap SI. Hrid has DC so that's his function in life. If others like them and find them useful, great. but i was speaking that for me they suck. 

thus. I am extremely glad that I don't have to worry about Ylgr's blocking me from Lucy and Azura. 

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

did i say people couldn't find a use for Ylgr? No the person asked why i disliked her, i said why, - because she and her family are useless. I never said. "thus no one ever should ever pull for any one of them.".  but for me. I don't like them, I don't use them. I will not summon for any Blue unit if Fjorm is there, and Green for Gunnthra, for the most part they have crap SI. Hrid has DC so that's his function in life. If others like them and find them useful, great. but i was speaking that for me they suck. 

And you're still missing the point completely. I'm not saying you can't dislike them. But saying they're useless is still incorrect because they are useful to a lot of players for various reasons. They're useless to YOU. Not useless in general.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And you're still missing the point completely. I'm not saying you can't dislike them. But saying they're useless is still incorrect because they are useful to a lot of players for various reasons. They're useless to YOU. Not useless in general.

not missing any point. but i'm also not arguing with you. I was asked, I replied, and I know what i said. 
I'm glad that you like those units, and i'm glad they help you out. Hope they continue to work out for you. I'll continue to use units that are better for me,. story, end of. 

I think we should just stop this argument. 

I hope to get blues and greens on my first wheel, since green has just so much good shit for me and I would like more Roderick's.

9 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Have anyone pointed out that Yune doesn't take being called dark god well but she's dark element mythic in FEH

I did, in the other thread.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There is a duplicate topic MH topic where I posted about this. I'll just throw what I had to say in spoilers to save space.:

Hide contents

She is Chaos however, which is the closest thing in Tellius. And...

• Izuka, the guy who drugs Laguz feral and chaotic, does use Dark Magic.
  • Apparently, whether it be true or not, according to this page in the Tellius Recollection, Dark Magic does have an association with Yune.
  • Ashera uses a lot of Light to attack as well, yet she is not Light formally (yet it is her Affinity), being the Goddess of Order instead. There were also plans for unused Dark versions of Judge. She has Anima Spirits in her tower, but none Dark (nor Light, but she has all the Light she needs).
  • Lehran uses Light and Dark Magics (and none of Anima, so he isn't just versed in them all). Being the highest servant of the Goddesses, if Light stands for his ties to Ashera, then Dark stands for his ties to Yune.

And the meaning of the Japanese title of Yune from SF translator extraordinaire Kirokan:

Reveal hidden contents

And just to bring in the original Japanese: 

So here is a quick list of names and terms for reference:

Name: Ashera / アスタルテ Astarte
Title: Goddess of Order / 正の女神

Name: Yune  / ユンヌ Yune
Title: Goddess of Chaos / 負の女神

The two things to look at specifically are the characters used for Ashera and Yune’s titles: 正 and 

So 正 can mean many things, all with positive meanings: Just, Correct, Superior, Positive.

In contrast,  has negative meanings: Minus, Bearing (a responsibility), Defeat, Negative.

Note that “order” and “chaos” are not among these definitions however. What the two characters in Japanese displays is a theme of opposites: Ashera the positive, Yune the negative. They were both split from Ashunera, the two sides of her in conflict with one another now split into two separate beings. It’s all a very yin-yang concept that’s hard to express with a single word in English. The Japanese gets away with using a single character as it can vaguely mean any of those definitions without fitting any specific one.

I meant to reply earlier but I’ll do it here.

The Dark God moniker was likely coined by Dheginsea, to make Yune into a bogeyman so that the rest of Tellius plays nice. Yune actually has a pretty strong Light association (Micaiah being her meat puppet) and I’d say Sephiran using dark magic is due to his association with spirits (Pelleas being the other Spirit Charmer, who also uses dark magic)

Yune and Ashera are the same being, not split into good and evil, it’s more like logic and emotion. Based on their respective philosophies, I’d consider the appropriate elements to be Anima and Astra. I get why they didn’t want two Anima Mythics in a row, but I would have held back Yune for a while.

8 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

I did, in the other thread.

I meant to reply earlier but I’ll do it here.

The Dark God moniker was likely coined by Dheginsea, to make Yune into a bogeyman so that the rest of Tellius plays nice. Yune actually has a pretty strong Light association (Micaiah being her meat puppet) and I’d say Sephiran using dark magic is due to his association with spirits (Pelleas being the other Spirit Charmer, who also uses dark magic)

Yune and Ashera are the same being, not split into good and evil, it’s more like logic and emotion. Based on their respective philosophies, I’d consider the appropriate elements to be Anima and Astra. I get why they didn’t want two Anima Mythics in a row, but I would have held back Yune for a while.

Maybe they also wanted to make sure Dark Mythics aren't completely associated with Evil Guys... She is probably the only alternative for a Dark Hero that is neither a male, a dragon or evil.

I think she being Dark is okay anyway, after all she is a being associated with traditionally negative traits (with Chaos being one of them of course); and using the Light/White Symbol and the Dark/Black Symbol makes a bit more clear their connection to the Yin-Yang duology.

Edited by Troykv

56 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Yeah, that was my guess. I'd had Naga/Medeus as a Light/Dark pair and Mila/Duma and Ashera/Yune as Astra/Anima pairs, with Yune being in the second cycle since Duma had Anima covered for the first.

Maybe Ashera will still be Astra anyway? I wouldn't want to mess with the positions of Naga/Medeus/Mila, since splitting them all like that means one dragon god per element. (And probably each one in a different color.)

1 hour ago, Troykv said:

Maybe they also wanted to make sure Dark Mythics aren't completely associated with Evil Guys... She is probably the only alternative for a Dark Hero that is neither a male, a dragon or evil.

There’s only one Mythic of each element every eight months, so I don’t feel it’d get repetitive. Anyway, my guess is that the next Dark Mythic will be Hel, it would fit with the schedule.

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

Maybe Ashera will still be Astra anyway? I wouldn't want to mess with the positions of Naga/Medeus/Mila, since splitting them all like that means one dragon god per element. (And probably each one in a different color.)

Possibly, but it’d be a shame if they’re on alternate weeks.