FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

6 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I fail to see how "polite and chivalrous" and "cheerful" are mutually exclusive, good manners do not mean you need to be constantly serious.

Well his art has him looking pretty stiff, and so far I've had the image of him being a more stoic and serious knight based on the few descriptions we have. Plus, Claude seems to be the cheerful one. Like I said, it's not impossible for him to be cheerful as well, I just hadn't gotten that impression.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheerful isn't a word I would associate with Dmitri looking at his art for the first time, but I can kind of see where they were going with him. He would be that seriously studious kid that is always eager to learn and prove himself to those around him. He would make reckless decisions based on his emotional reactions to what is going on around him. I can see this making him the butt monkey of the three where Claude picks on him, and Edelgard is just done with both of them. This would be the opposite of what they seem to be going with both Claude. Whereas Dmitri is always serious but emotional, Claude is always joking around on the outside while cooling assessing the situation around him. I can see Claude picking on Dmitri a lot if this is the case. Or I'm probably overthinking this because I'm going Blue Lion first and I'm a sucker for these types...

That's not quite the voice I was expecting from that Oooooooi we got earlier. It's nice though.

Edited by Cysx

Translation for the vid:

"Well, I guess I should introduce myself. I'm Claude von Regan. My family's the head of the Leicester Alliance, but eh, no need to worry about that. Have you decided on which class you want to teach yet? We're more fun than the others if you ask me."

For the character bio, this is what I got:

The heir to the Regan family that leads the newly formed Leicester Alliance of feudal lords. Claude acts as the representative of the Golden Deer house. Half the time he has a charismatic smile and easy-going attitude but the other half of the time, he’s telling people that he’s a bit of a suspicious character that they shouldn’t let their guard down around.

Sugoi gomennasai if I made any BIGGU mistakes.

On 5/1/2019 at 4:56 PM, Rose482 said:

Never judge a book by it's cover, although I myself also didn't think he would be the cheerful type lol V_V 

We do know that Dimitri is apparently surprised to hear that Byleth can joke around, so I think he seems a bit more awkward than anything else. I don't think a cheerful person would be as surprised to see someone playing around.

Edited by SimplyUnknown
Misunderstood original quote

On 4/30/2019 at 1:26 PM, TheDreamReturns said:

I mean...look at it this way guys: If we do once again have to deal with child units, it basically has to be a time skip. Unless they have another contrived magic baby dimension to exploit, or somehow bring back time travel it’ll need to be a “many years later” situation.

Thats a plus right?

Hmmm, there would need to be a damn good plot reason to justify it without it looking contrived for the sake of horseshoeing in children. 

I know that a lot of have been assuming that we'll choose what class to teach but has it ever been fully confirmed that we'll choose a class? (if so I might have missed it)

Claude's dialogue straight up tells us we'll choose our class so that seems to confirm it.

36 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Claude's dialogue straight up tells us we'll choose our class so that seems to confirm it.

That's likely the case though i don't believe it locks us out of characters. I fully expect the three classes to converge at some point.

Though part of me doesn't want that to happen because then there'd be some extra nice replay value.

55 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That's likely the case though i don't believe it locks us out of characters. I fully expect the three classes to converge at some point.

Though part of me doesn't want that to happen because then there'd be some extra nice replay value.

Yeah I figured that that's how they'll handle it.

I'd also prefer it be three full different routes as opposed to just a few different chapters but I can't see them doing that. I'll just hope that the exclusive content we do get is going to be worth doing another playthrough.

Nintendo of America's version of the tweet. We've now gotten twitter character introductions for all of the characters introduced in the Famitsu article (minus Byleth's dad, who didn't get a full intro). Dunno if they'll wait until after the next famitsu to start introducing more characters or not.

21 minutes ago, Calico said:

Nintendo of America's version of the tweet. We've now gotten twitter character introductions for all of the characters introduced in the Famitsu article (minus Byleth's dad, who didn't get a full intro). Dunno if they'll wait until after the next famitsu to start introducing more characters or not.

I guess the "can't let your guard down around" part refers to his cunning and him being pretty sharp. I don't think he'll go around twirling a moustache or anything. 

It's still very interesting, and I hope those interactions will end up meaning something. Him surprising Dimitri and Edelgard with his wit after a time of them underestimating him could make for an interesting start to their relationship.

I think that it's kind of obvious that the classes will be merged at some point. After all, two of the nations don't appear to be at war with their neighbors. And fielding roughly a dozen units kind of fucks you over when it comes to specialization, larger maps, and enemy reinforcements...Unless the maps are hilariously small in most of the game.

5 hours ago, Armchair General said:

I think that it's kind of obvious that the classes will be merged at some point. After all, two of the nations don't appear to be at war with their neighbors. And fielding roughly a dozen units kind of fucks you over when it comes to specialization, larger maps, and enemy reinforcements...Unless the maps are hilariously small in most of the game.

I don’t know...just because they’re aren’t at war doesn’t mean they’ll cooperate. Also if I remember correctly, the countries of the continent were at war with each other historically so their relationship is pretty shaky. That and the cipher descriptions of the Lords make me feel that they’re not close with each other.

But since it’s an FE game, some evil dragon probably comes along and unites the nations for good. 

Edited by zuibangde

Here comes our new daddy. Also why did they still not fix the purple square behind his art, I did it myself it takes less than a minute.

Are we sure that purple square isn’t just part of an extremely square shield on his back? Still looks weird I guess but other than that I think his design is one of my favorites! 

Now just to hope against all odds that he doesn’t die and is a playable unit at some point...

4 minutes ago, Jakalak said:

Are we sure that purple square isn’t just part of an extremely square shield on his back? Still looks weird I guess but other than that I think his design is one of my favorites! 

Now just to hope against all odds that he doesn’t die and is a playable unit at some point...

I did wonder that, but there's no shading on it whatsoever(it's all one color) and it's completely missing from his model.
It's not a huge deal, I'm just a bit surprised nobody's addressed it when it was already there in the Famitsu coverage.

Edited by Cysx

2 hours ago, Cysx said:

Here comes our new daddy. Also why did they still not fix the purple square behind his art, I did it myself it takes less than a minute.

The video:

Jeralt: Just from listening to your story, I can't say I've ever met such a person. Well anyway, you should forget about all of that. In a battle you should focus on what's important. As mercenaries, we're regularly putting our lives on the line. Getting distracted with unnecessary things will land you in an early grave.

The character bio:

The protagonist’s father. An experienced soldier, he was formally a captain in the knights of Seiros and is said to be the strongest knight in history. After leaving the knights, he led a mercenary group and continued his travels. His wife has already passed away. After saving some students from brigands, his life took a turn and he rejoined the knights.

Guest Adler
3 hours ago, Cysx said:

I did wonder that, but there's no shading on it whatsoever(it's all one color) and it's completely missing from his model.
It's not a huge deal, I'm just a bit surprised nobody's addressed it when it was already there in the Famitsu coverage.

I thought so too, initially. However, upon closer inspection, his model does indeed have some manner of object/shield on his back in all of Famitsu's screenshots featuring him.

2rd8GmE.jpg

9 minutes ago, Guest Adler said:

I thought so too, initially. However, upon closer inspection, his model does indeed have some manner of object/shield on his back in all of Famitsu's screenshots featuring him.

2rd8GmE.jpg

You're right! Though the angle isn't quite right.

Still, that's an extremely simplistic depiction, if it is what we're meant to see; shading aside, it's just a two dimensional square.

Jeralt and Byleth really don't look similar to each other at all. If Byleth if customizable I'm probably going to try and mimic how Jeralt look so people would at least buy that we are father and daughter/son. I have a feeling he isn't our actual biological dad though.

I wonder how they are going to be revealing characters now. Are they going to introduce everyone house by house, or will they take one/two people from each house and introduce them all?