Forging Bonds: Power's Den (May 10th)

Forging Bonds: Power's Den is coming on May 10th!

Coming-Soon-Forging-Bonds-1.png

The stars of this Forging Bonds Event are Fallen Mareeta, Fallen Berkut, Fallen Female Corrin, and Fallen Young Tiki., the new Heroes from the Darkness Within Banner.

News-Forging-Bonds-Powers-Den-Event-Char

The rewards for this event are:
latest?cb=20170410122150 14 Orbs (2 per day for 7 days);
latest?cb=20170204105858 16.400 Hero Feathers; 
image.png 4 First Summon Tickets;
 latest?cb=20171206144254 20 Divine Dews;
latest?cb=2019030217515540 Heroic Grails;
1.png 8 Accessories.

News-Forging-Bonds-Powers-Den-Bonus-Acce

I hope you enjoy the new stories featured by these Heroes!

Update: Here's the Bonus Schedule:

btjwuxlig4x21.png

Edited by Diovani Bressan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiki's accessory looks really cool~ it's just so ominous. It's really sweat that Berkut's accessory is a distorted/burnt version of Rinea's flower. Besides the accessories, this one should be neat since all four of these character are outright antagonistic to just about anyone. I'm not expecting anything too crazy since it's FEH but I am looking forward to the supports and story this time around.

Those accessories are pretty neat. I guess I could do this FB after all. Still not looking forward to the writing though. I don't know how this could possibly be done well when it's villainous possessed characters... Especially after the one with Aversa and Loki and them.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't know how this could possibly be done well when it's villainous possessed characters... Especially after the one with Aversa and Loki and them.

to be fair Loki and Aversa are mostly used for fetish pandering exclusively so I don't think they're a good metric to gauge whether or not this one will be good in terms of writing quality. Regardless I'm excited for this one. It certainly is going be a very interesting forging bonds cause of how creepy and obsessed these characters are being made out to be so I'm curious where IS will go with this cause there are so many opportunists for very unique and creative character interaction here. I always love villains getting into heroes cause it's an interesting way to develop them beyond their original game.

28 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Those accessories are pretty neat. I guess I could do this FB after all. Still not looking forward to the writing though. I don't know how this could possibly be done well when it's villainous possessed characters... Especially after the one with Aversa and Loki and them.

My thoughts exactly, but to be fair, I imagine it's for the contrast between being the Askr Trio and Fjorm being calm and collected individuals (or super friendly in Sharena's case) and dark, edgy, gloomy and corrupted characters.

This FB will be either hit or miss by a long shot.

25 minutes ago, Nym said:

My thoughts exactly, but to be fair, I imagine it's for the contrast between being the Askr Trio and Fjorm being calm and collected individuals (or super friendly in Sharena's case) and dark, edgy, gloomy and corrupted characters.

This FB will be either hit or miss by a long shot.

I suppose.

Yeah, being either hit or miss by a long shot is a fair assumption.

48 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

to be fair Loki and Aversa are mostly used for fetish pandering exclusively so I don't think they're a good metric to gauge whether or not this one will be good in terms of writing quality.

Eh, maybe, but I'm still really skeptical and keeping my expectations pretty low.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

We have to remember that that FB and others before and after until the Nifl FB happened, were all player pandering. After Nifl, the writing of FB increased substantially and removed themselves from player pandering. 

We already had one with Idunn, and she's not that different from these ones here. Now we have a chance of seeing how four possessed characters are in the FB. I think we can have some faith in the writing team if only a little. All they have to do is NOT make it player pandering.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Kiran: Duma, you put Berkut's head on crooked.

Duma: Oh... I did, didn't I? Rinea, can you lend me a hand?

*Berkut's head pops off*

Rinea: O.O

I actually like that his head is crooked. Really sells home the point that he has fallen to madness.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

I actually like that his head is crooked. Really sells home the point that he has fallen to madness.

I do, too, but I can't not imagine Kiran pointing it out to Duma.

This is coming to mind regarding the plot of this FB:

Spoiler

Mus
IMPRESSIVE, VISITORS FROM ANOTHER WORLD. MOST IMPRESSIVE.

Bovis
IT HONORS US TO TRADE BLOWS WITH SUCH MIGHTY WARRIORS.

Tigris
WE, THE THIRTY-SIX, WILL PAY YOU HOMAGE, ONE BY ONE. STARTING WI—

Chrom
No! ...I mean, that won't be necessary. ...At all. Ever. We need to get back to our own world and finish our struggle there.

Lepus
A NOBLE CAUSE, NO DOUBT.

Draco
BUT A PITY ALL THE SAME.

Anguilla
WILL YOU RETURN TO VISIT AGAIN?

Chrom
Er, why? ...Do you want us to? You're not...lonely or something, are you?

Equus
WE ARE THE DEADLORDS. WE DO NOT SUCCUMB TO MORTAL EMOTION.

Ovis
BUT FROM A GOOD BATTLE, WE MIGHT DERIVE A BIT OF MORTAL PLEASURE.

Simia
IF YOU SEEK MORE TREASURES, YOU MAY ALWAYS FIND US HERE.

Chrom
Thank you for the invitation... May we meet again.

Gallus
MAY WE, INDEED.

Canis
WE, THE THIRTY-SIX DEADLORDS, WILL WAIT.

Porcus
WE WILL WAIT...FOREVER.

Chrom
(Okay, Robin, let's get out of here before they start talking a—)

Mus
IT OCCURRED TO US THAT WE FAILED TO GIVE YOU ONE LAST REWARD.

Chrom
*Ahem* Right. Yes, of course. ...What is it?

Tigris
THIS CARD HOUSES AN EINHERJAR—AN OLD SOUL, AT THAT.

Lepus
ELDIGAN THE LIONHEART WAS ONE OF THE STRONGEST OF HIS TIME.

Draco
NOW HIS POWER IS YOURS.

Chrom
Thank you. He is in good hands.

Anguilla
DID YOU ENJOY YOUR REWARD? THEN YOU MUST VISIT US AGAIN.

Equus
...YOU WILL COME AND VISIT US AGAIN, WON'T YOU?

Recruit Eldigan? >Yes
Eldigan
I swear to serve you well.

>Obtaining Silver Card

Chrom
Phew... I was starting to think we might never get out of there...

Equus
WE ALMOST FORGOT THAT WE HAVE ANOTHER GIFT FOR YOU.

Chrom
Oh for the gods' sake... Seriously?

Ovis
IN HONOR OF YOUR VICTORY, TAKE THIS SILVER CARD.

Chrom
What does it do?

Simia
THE SILVER CARD ALLOWS YOU TO BUY FROM SHOPS AT LOWER PRICES.

Gallus
THAT IS CORRECT. THE SAME QUALITY ITEMS AT NEW LOW, LOW PRICES.

Canis
SUCH MATERIAL GOODS ARE OF NO CONCERN TO US.

Porcus
CONSIDER IT A PACT—A PROMISE YOU WILL RETURN HERE AGAIN.

Chrom
Right. Got it. Thanks. Sheesh... These guys really don't get out much, do they?

Those accessories are top tier hell yessss. And really looking forward to the convos this time, this has got to be interesting with this cast of characters.

Not looking forward to the grinding again though sigh. When will they just dump the multipliers and always give us 2x multiplier, what is the point of forcing us to play at certain times of the day?

Oooooo niiiice. :D Corrin's hairclip reminds me more of Lucina, but I know that it is a character customization option for fem Corrin in Fates. It looks super-cool, though! And I LOVE that Berkut gives Rinea's flower, but fire-ized! Ah, the feels! I hope we get fire Rinea sometime. :) Maybe even with a background reference to Berkut, like he has with her. I don't know how likely this is, though. I'm also kind of amazed that I predicted Berkut being used as one unit with Rinea (kind of.) The way I thought of it was "what if they have a 2 unit in 1 thing, where you summon 2 characters coupled together to work as one unit instead of 2 separate ones?" I was trying to think of how they may go forward with powercreep lol. This isn't quite the same, but it makes me happy. :) Also, I love that Corrin has a tail! :D (Some of these comments are probably better suited for the topic about the characters themselves, but this is all just what's coming to mind at the moment.)

I always love Forging Bonds. I also have a respect for villains since without them, the story could very well be uninteresting. It'll be fun to see what these guys have to say!

9dbabda739.jpg

Mareeta: "I MUST STAIN MY SWORD WITH THE BLOOD OF A THOUSAND INNOCENTS."

Corrin: "OH GOD WHO ARE ALL YOU PEOPLE GET AWAY"

Tiki: "BURN IT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL"

Berkut: "What's that, Rinea? Murder Alm and dance in his entrails? Good idea!"

Kiran: (:

I thought the orange flower (I think it is a flower?) Accessory to the far right was Rinea on fire for a second. I think having Rinea on fire as an Accessory would be so much cooler than an orange flower. The EX version could be Gunnthrá on fire.

7 hours ago, Ottservia said:

to be fair Loki and Aversa are mostly used for fetish pandering exclusively so I don't think they're a good metric to gauge whether or not this one will be good in terms of writing quality.

I wouldn't say exclusively, at least not in Aversa's case. To give credit where it's due, the writers did give her some pretty solid characterization during her A and S supports. Shame all the terribly delivered fanservice that came beforehand overshadowed it.

At any rate, IS seemed to have learned their lesson after the Brave Redux and Nifl events, and the supports have been generally interesting since then. I agree that this one should be fun.

18 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Maybe the EX version of each accessory will be their normal forms instead of the fallen forms?

Spoiler

You guessed correctly

Seems the corrupted heroes still have shards of their former selves left to break through their... well, whatever it is that drives them.

And the EX accessories are, indeed, untainted versions of their dark normal versions, so normal Tiki Tiara, FemCorrin Hairpin, Rinea flower, and another feather hairpin.