Worst VA in the game

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about the rest of you, but you could compare Dheginsea's accent to Yul Brenner if you've ever seen the 1956 film of The King and I. XD

But honestly, I didn't care too much for most of the voice acting in this game in the first place; the problem with it is that there's just too little of it going around throughout most of the game for me to get massively annoyed by most of the voice acting anyways. I actually wondered what the point of some of the VA was when I saw some of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, if you tirn the volume up the max you can hear Soren *sort of* say a spell in the first movie when you see Ike first. And Ike's voice pwns, as well as Shinon's and Skrimir's. Ike has a cruddy line, though.

"IS ANYBUDDY HERE!!?!" That sounds horrible with the brit accent that he *sort of* has. <_<

The only voices I hated were Rolf's (you all know my theory) and Mist's, and that's more of her line than her voice. God forbid that Mist, a cleric should help with the healing no. Let's just have shake Lucia until Rhys does the work.

The only voices I hated were Rolf's (you all know my theory) and Mist's, and that's more of her line than her voice. God forbid that Mist, a cleric should help with the healing no. Let's just have shake Lucia until Rhys does the work.

I never noticed that, but it's a good point. Yeah Mist, just give her an even worse headache than she probably already has, why don't you?

Mist: The girl who reversed puberty.

Mia. It sounds like the recorded her voice, then recorded that recording from the first speakers ever made, then fucked with it in some shitty editing program. Just listen to it.

A lot of them are horrible but the worst has got to be Ashera. You can't even understand what she's saying without those subtitles cause she frickin' mumbles through all her scenes. The echo doesn't help much either, it actually makes it harder to understand her.

I could actually understand her pretty well anyways Mist voice was really horrible

Does anyone even know who did the voice overs (besides Ike)? Because sometimes I'm convinced that they didn't bother with actual actors and just pulled whoever happened to be standing in the studio at the time into the recording room.

It's sad because I'm usually quite lenient when it comes to English dubs, but this was just plain horrible. I agree with most here that Mist and Rolf were the worst, while Shinon was the best.

Edited by Cimikat

Mia. It sounds like the recorded her voice, then recorded that recording from the first speakers ever made, then fucked with it in some shitty editing program. Just listen to it.

Say what? Sounds like an energetic teen girl to me, so I don't see what's wrong with Mia's voice. Just Rolf and Mist are the trouble voices to my ears.

Say what? Sounds like an energetic teen girl to me, so I don't see what's wrong with Mia's voice. Just Rolf and Mist are the trouble voices to my ears.

V_v Were we playing the same game?

V_v Were we playing the same game?

The American one. If you're from a different country with different voice acting, then I can't really say much about her voice. I heard her American voice and was thankful it wasn't like what happened to Lyn's English voice.

What can I say?

010VoiceWork.png

(credit to Lone Archer)

Needs more Tibarn reference! Then again, what could he say that would make sense and reference his "To wings brothers! Keep up with me if you can!"?

Edited by Kintenbo

Why didn't Sothe get more VA? Ike was pretty decent. Mist... terrible. Shinon is definitely the best. Boyd sounded like he'd have an awesome voice just hearing his grunts. Mia... ewww... Tibarn, Skrimir, and Ranulf were decent. Micaiah was the only female VA that had a decent voice. Ashera... no. Rolf is pretty bad. Generic soldier VA was actually pretty good.

Overall, IS needs better female VAs.

I think Sothe's voice was a little too deep. Boyd's would've been awesome, he sounds so badass killing all those soldiers. Tibarn's was ruined by "To wings brothers!. Keep up with me if you can!" Ranulf's was ok but it was a little low when he was talking to Skrimir during the river crossing. Rolf's sounded like he hasn't grown up at all. Mist's was WAY too high. Mia's didn't fit her well. Skrimir's was alright. Shinon's is the best by far. Overall, the VA sucked in this game.

Is it possible to judge Micaiah by the galdr of release? Cuz I loved it when she sang it! ^_^

Edit: I love the serie which is posted in this topic! Great!

Edited by xanatha

I thought Skrimir would sound... ferocious. Obviously, I was wrong.

No need. Our friends heard every word.

Does anyone even know who did the voice overs (besides Ike)? Because sometimes I'm convinced that they didn't bother with actual actors and just pulled whoever happened to be standing in the studio at the time into the recording room.

It's sad because I'm usually quite lenient when it comes to English dubs, but this was just plain horrible. I agree with most here that Mist and Rolf were the worst, while Shinon was the best.

Yeah. It's really sad how crappy some actors are. I mean, they don't even sound serious at ALL. If they just pulled me out of wherever I was and had me act any character, I could do better >_>

Tibarn's was ruined by "To wings brothers!. Keep up with me if you can!"

Tibarn's VA for me was ruined from the start; I kind of expected something deeper from the Hawk King for some reason.

Overall, the VA sucked in this game.

Honestly, when haven't English VA's for mainstream games sucked lately? (Damn you, 4Kids! Without you, the Sonic VA's wouldn't have sucked now!)

Some of the worst VAs were in the memory scenes. I always skip through them cause they sound so bad. Especially Zelgius', that voice doesn't fit him at all. Altina's is a little boring and serious for her. Why is Yune a little girl? Is it just cause little kids are chaotic? Those villagers talking to Lehran in his memory scene were pretty aweful too. Dheginsea's is laughable.

The worst? Misaha and Dheginsea. Hold, I say, hold!

Yune is a little girl because that represents freedom of mind and non-restrictive thinking. As Yune herself said, chaos is also freedom, and order is confinement.

Edited by Wander

It sounded like the they tried too hard in the memory scenes for the voices. It just sounded like they never rehearsed it and they had new VA people doing the voices