Will physical cart contain all game data?

I don't see any reason why not. I have the physical copies of Fire Emblem Warriors and Xenoblade Chronicles, which are around the same file size, if not larger and I don't recall any additional data downloads.

I think (some) game companies only start offering data downloads for games that exceed 16 GB (which none of these games do).

We can only speculate at this point, but here's what I think:

It's the 32GB cards that are expensive and considering it's a somewhat high profile first (second) party game, they probably won't scrimp on it. Especially not in Japan. The game will fit on the 16GB variety (they don't offer anything between 8 and 16), so I also think there's a chance the Japanese voice pack will be included in the western versions. Though the European version will have to store yet additional languages as well. Still, there's 4GB left for additional voice data. That wasn't the case with Warriors however, but that game was slightly larger at 13 and I also think making Japanese voices available was decided at an earlier stage this time as they probably noticed the demand and were able to confirm it at E3 already. I don't know when they made that announcement for Warriors though, I never played it.

2 hours ago, Siskan said:

We can only speculate at this point, but here's what I think:

It's the 32GB cards that are expensive and considering it's a somewhat high profile first (second) party game, they probably won't scrimp on it. Especially not in Japan. The game will fit on the 16GB variety (they don't offer anything between 8 and 16), so I also think there's a chance the Japanese voice pack will be included in the western versions. Though the European version will have to store yet additional languages as well. Still, there's 4GB left for additional voice data. That wasn't the case with Warriors however, but that game was slightly larger at 13 and I also think making Japanese voices available was decided at an earlier stage this time as they probably noticed the demand and were able to confirm it at E3 already. I don't know when they made that announcement for Warriors though, I never played it.

Europe doesn't get Euro dub tho. 

Of course the whole game will be on the cartridge, the "and higher" on that download voucher probably means some kind of patch. 

10 minutes ago, Siskan said:

Oh okay, shouldn't be a problem then.

The only FE which had Euro dub was RD, and those dubs were a disaster lol

We only get English and Japanese, like everyone else. The subs are euro of course

3 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

The only FE which had Euro dub was RD, and those dubs were a disaster lol

Well, in my unpopular opinion all the English dubs range from bad to disastrous as well. I'm happy we get to pick the original dub this time around.

8 hours ago, Siskan said:

Well, in my unpopular opinion all the English dubs range from bad to disastrous as well. I'm happy we get to pick the original dub this time around.

The English dubs are great compared to the Euro dub in RD. Trust me. There are some good voices in the German one but in General... no. Just no. I would like a game with a GOOD euro dub

8 hours ago, Siskan said:

If you think even Echoes' dub was bad, then I find it difficult to find what you would consider actually good.

2 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

If you think even Echoes' dub was bad, then I find it difficult to find what you would consider actually good.

I thought it was bad.

Very few western dubs of Japanese games are good. But there are a few. Though I always prefer the original.

2 hours ago, Hauke said:

but in General... no

I don't doubt that.

2 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

I think the real question is how much data can we mine.

Now I'm wondering when that'll happen if its before release definitely steering clear except for timeskip portraits and new characters or someone can show the LE artbook early if they got it.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

1 hour ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Now I'm wondering when that'll happen if its before release definitely steering clear except for timeskip portraits and new characters or someone can show the LE artbook early if they got it.

I probably(dunno yet) will open a spoiler thread regarding the art book and its pictures, since I'm getting the (euro) LE ~168hrs before launch. 

4 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

I think the real question is how much data can we mine.

I don't think we'll need to worry too much.

There's at least one really prominent hacker who's really interested in the game (not me BTW, I'm more of the post-processing guy).

1 hour ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Oh wow thanks greatly appreciated it!! :3

Yeah, so around the 20th, there might be a thread made by me. Depends if I can pick it up straight after my vacation, but definitely before launch. 

Does the Switch ever do extra download stuff like that? Or even other consoles? I have about 40-50 games on PS4 and none of them do that, although I can imagine it being more common in games like CoD or FIFA and I don't buy those. That said, there is of course DLC. That's been confirmed for TH.

6 hours ago, Matroska said:

Does the Switch ever do extra download stuff like that? Or even other consoles? I have about 40-50 games on PS4 and none of them do that, although I can imagine it being more common in games like CoD or FIFA and I don't buy those. That said, there is of course DLC. That's been confirmed for TH. 

Yes there are games like that. FFX/X2 for exemple. You have to download X2 seperately. And there are some games which are only halfly on the cartridge and require additional downloads. They had a very big banner on the physical for that.

1 hour ago, Hauke said:

Yes there are games like that. FFX/X2 for exemple. You have to download X2 seperately. And there are some games which are only halfly on the cartridge and require additional downloads. They had a very big banner on the physical for that.

Ah, that's pretty annoying. I have X/X2 on PS4 and they're both on the disc. I think The Witcher 3 is meant to be all on the cart on Switch, but then IIRC it's also the biggest cart they've made for the Switch so far. They're probably moving away from that annoying half-physical, half-digital method, hopefully.