Fire Emblem: Three Houses Banner (Late July ~)/ Free M!Byleth w/3H Game Purchase!

Coolmanio

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that's a nice surprise. It was thought that there'd be a Three Houses banner to commemorate the release, but the free Byleth (with a purchase) is a nice bonus. 

Also, I totally missed the 2020 part, and thought we had like 3 days to get it lol

I honestly dreamed of this sometimes but didn't think they'd really do it. 😄

Pretty cool. So I'd say this means Male Byleth will have Sword of the Creator. I imagine the eventual Female Byleth will likely have something else like the other female avatars.

That's how you promote your game. Wish Echoes did the same.

The artist is Teita who drew Saias and Arvis. You might also know their work from the recently released caster servant in the JP server called Asclepius

So TH banner huh. Wonder who the GHB is? All new character banners are four people banners and Byleth will be available in the summoning event. My guess: school version lords+male Byleth and either female Byleth, Death Knight or Flame Emperor as the GHB

Edited by redlight

Oh, of course the main character is the male Byleth . Thanks, IS. 

Also, 26th, hmmm. Usually, what' released around that date are legendary/mythic banner, so... legendary  Byleth? 

Alternatively, with FB +  GHB, we have 5 character slot, which can be filled by both versions of Byleth and the three lords-female Byleth likely would be a GHB like Female Robin was.

2 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Also, 26th, hmmm. Usually, what' released around that date are legendary/mythic banner, so... legendary  Byleth? 

Free unit will be distributed on (or after) 26 July. The summoning event(s) is(are) "late July", which could be also a week earlier? 

8 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Oh, of course the main character is the male Byleth . Thanks, IS. 

It irks me, too, but to be fair, it does say "a version of that game's main character." Not sure how deliberate that wording is, but it's there.

I at least hope they don't leave F!Byleth with some random weapon while M!Byleth gets their signature weapon like what happened with the Corrins.

19 minutes ago, Nimrod said:

Can I unlink my nintendo network ID and link it to my feh mynintendo account? Guess I will have to try

I linked my MyNintendo Account to my NNID.

I think that might be fine, though I'm speculating as I haven't researched it yet.

Mainly because I'm going to have to look for pricing on a Switch and 3H before any of this.

Edited by Dayni

Quite curious as to how they'll implement crests into the game. They appear to trigger in TH footage during battle, but the from what we know we can only kinda tell what Byleth's does and it seems to be Sol or has it's effect. Also, Sword of the Creator might be a DC weapon as it has 1-2 range in it's original game. I wonder if they'll have the whip.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

What the hell are Gold Points? The Japanese announcement makes no mention of them.

if I remember right, silver points are from achievements, gold points are when you key in the serial number from a game and log it into your Nintendo library. 

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

What the hell are Gold Points? The Japanese announcement makes no mention of them.

They're a currency for the eshop. Essentially, you get 5% of what you spend on the eshop back as the same value in Gold Points, or 1% for games bought physically that you then registered on your MyNintendo account, I believe. Apologies if that's not 100% accurate, but that should be the general idea.

Edited by Cysx

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Gold points are points that will give you discount in the Eshop. To actually register gold points with the physical game cardridge, you have to have the game card in, select it on the home screen, select options in the home screen and then select earn points, then it's registered. If you buy the game on the nintendo eshop, the gold points are earned automatically.

Wow. This is neat. It'd be nice if they did several banners and dropped more units down to 4 stars, but I kinda' have a feeling we're going to be seeing a lot of pref weapons and no demotions. 

No free character for me 'cause no Switch and no desire to buy one.

nothing i didn't already expect

now i just have to wait and see if i can get a physical copy of 3H at a lower price

usually my supermarket does some promotions for non-food products during weekends

I would buy the game anyway so now I have a bonus. Also it may be possible for several accounts (devices) as the switch also supports multiple Nintendo accounts. I just hope the sword of the creator is not just a DC weapon in the heroes. Also I hope Female byleth gets something else that is also unique and not a regular weapon like F!Corrin. 

The banner will have probably have M!byleth and the 3 lords and f!byleth as a GHB. 

6 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

The banner will have probably have M!byleth and the 3 lords and f!byleth as a GHB. 

I can see this happening. M!Myleth as a Sword Infantry, Edelgard as Axe Infantry, Dimitri as Lance Infantry, and Claude as Colorless Bow Infantry. F!Byleth coulb be Sword Infantry or other Infantry type, and the excuse to have her as GHB is that she is is a mock battle to test our combat abilities.

I also don't see any demotion in this case...

This is a nice surprise. I already have Three Houses preordered so I guess I'm guaranteed to have at least one character from that game in Heroes as well. I like female Byleth a bit more though, so I'm hoping she's a GHB or something.

24 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

I would buy the game anyway so now I have a bonus. Also it may be possible for several accounts (devices) as the switch also supports multiple Nintendo accounts.

It will not work multiple times with one game (if that's what you're referring to), as each copy of the game can only be regisered once. As for if it will be possible to get another Byleth on the same account per copy of Three Houses you buy, that is also very unlikely. I assume everything that applied to the Piranha Plant promotion for Smash Bros. applies to this promotion as well.

21 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I can see this happening. M!Myleth as a Sword Infantry, Edelgard as Axe Infantry, Dimitri as Lance Infantry, and Claude as Colorless Bow Infantry. F!Byleth coulb be Sword Infantry or other Infantry type, and the excuse to have her as GHB is that she is is a mock battle to test our combat abilities.

I also don't see any demotion in this case...

Yeah, that's the weird thing. I'd speculated about a banner with the three lords and Byleth M plus Byleth F as the GHB, but Byleth M seemed like the only reasonable demote in that case.

I think my accounts are separate, I'll have to look into what the consequences would be for merging them. Also this does work even if you use a voucher, right?

This is nice.  I honestly wonder why they haven't done more stuff like this before.  They could have given a free Alm to promote Echoes or done something for Warriors instead of pretty much ignoring it completely.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Also this does work even if you use a voucher, right?

Yes. Using a voucher gives you the digital version of the game which is automatically registered to your Nintendo Account. The account will have to be the same one that you play Heroes with though.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

They are Nintendo's premium point system, you gain an amount of them proportional to the amount of money spent in their digital shops, or a set amount for physical copies of games you register. In this context they are pretty much just used as confirmation that you have registered your game.

They used to be essentially useless before they became usable as currency on the Switch eShop last year, as before that the only thing you could buy with them were 30% discounts for older Wii U and 3DS first party games. Which basically meant that to most people it was a discount for the games that had given you the gold points you were trying to spend in the first place. I always wanted them to offer Heroes rewards for them, more valuable ones compared to the ones that are offered for Platinum points now, but that sadly never happened.

Well this is quite the surprise. I guess this means we're getting a Three Houses banner this month. I kind of wish they did the same with Shadows of Valentia where if you purchased the game, you'd get either Alm or Celica as a free unit, but oh well. Since Male Byleth will still apparently be summonable, my guess is that the first Three Houses banner will be Male Byleth, Edelgard, Claude, and Dimitri, with Female Byleth as a GHB reward to avoid color sharing on the banner.