Byleth gets new costumes + Expansion Pass/four waves of DLC confirmed

6 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

fByleth outfit looks better than her default but the male version looks worse. I can't win them all I guess. Good to know that the dlc plans for the game is more condensed than the previous games. Please don't make the final dlc a 4th route.

Highly doubtful it's a 4th route. I'd put bets on a Torna-like side story.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My money's on a Torna style prequel with Nemesis; Seiros; the 10 Greats and the Saints or a better future past with the unit's kids(just to give the fans of kid units something without necessarily building it into the game).

3 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

My money's on a Torna style prequel with Nemesis; Seiros; the 10 Greats and the Saints or a better future past with the unit's kids(just to give the fans of kid units something without necessarily building it into the game).

A prequel with all the teacher characters would be fun. Like instead of a timeskip forward you could see Hanneman, Manuela, Gilbert etc in their school years.

17 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

I'm interested in what the free updates will have since they're spread out pretty wide from release.

What if... They pull a FFXV and this'll be the biggest FE in history, size wise? :^) 

26 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Highly doubtful it's a 4th route. I'd put bets on a Torna-like side story.

That would be better than a 4th route. If that is the case, I hope the main story is self contained so that we don't have to wait ten months for answers to important questions.

2 hours ago, Bloom said:

weird short ankle showing pants why???

I don't think those are his ankles showing, I think it is just a pink stripe at the top of his boots with his skinny pants tucked into his boots.

As to why there is a pink stripe on the boots, I have no idea.

Guess I'll echo what I said in the other thread and others have said here.  FByleth's DLC outfit is much better than her default.  I hope we can equip this right away and don't have to wait until later in the game.

11 minutes ago, Carilhelol said:

I don't think those are his ankles showing, I think it is just a pink stripe at the top of his boots with his skinny pants tucked into his boots.

As to why there is a pink stripe on the boots, I have no idea.

Oh... now I see it. Yeah, I can see it now. 

BUT WHY PINK?!

Edited by Bloom

Pink, it is most excellent with the black, white, and grey uniform no?

Now that I look at Female Byleth's uniform again she has pink stripes on her socks... so that pink may be his socks poking out of his boots? So Male Byleth tucks his pants into his socks... yeah... that must be it.

Edited by Carilhelol

14 minutes ago, Bloom said:

Oh... now I see it. Yeah, I can see it now. 

BUT WHY PINK?!

Pink is a gender-neutral color in Japan. Plus there might be some sakura symbolism in it

Female Byleth looks much better, but I'll be using male Byleth so there's no incentive yet for me. I'll wait to see what else the DLC includes before buying. I skipped out on Fates and SoV DLC so unless there's a big story expansion I'll probably pass here too.

RIP male outfit. It could have been decent if not for those freaking pants...

EDIT: I hope the story expansion plays out like Torna did. Or is a story set after the main story with new characters. I'd be really angry if it turns out to be a "true" ending route.

Edited by Zoderos

I like how those costumes have a bit of reverse going on compared to normal ones, i.e F.Byleth cape is black and M.Byleth is gray, F.Byleth has gloves, and M.Byleth dose not.

And F.Byleth has a circet and a sword, so she is better by default, M.Byleth has a cool hat but it does not matter with THOSE pants my dude.

Its like reverse of default designs!

But are they free? or are they day1 if you buy the DLC?

5 minutes ago, User name said:

But are they free? or are they day1 if you buy the DLC?

Day 1 if you buy the pass (or whenever you buy the full pass). Not an individual DLC as far as we know.

Just now, Jayvee94 said:

Bad compared to what?

The graphics for the game. It looks really bad on those pics. I'm not that much of a graphics ho but it looks really bad on those pics.

As someone who's paid literally two seconds of attention to this game before today due to it not being the Elibe remake I was initially hoping for('literally two seconds' meaning I pulled the 3H cards in the new Cipher set, looked at them, commented on how the bronze actually looks like bronze in real life as opposed to the screen reveals, then tossed them aside as I finished getting my playset of Shade), I have no idea what you guys are talking about for Byleth's OG outfit, but the DLC costume on her looks cute.

Frankly, this game is a pass for me, at least until I finish catching up in Kingdom Hearts, and longer if we don't get the Cipher OCs again, that was literally the best part of all of SoV. I am excited for all of you guys, though, and just thought I'd drop in to say that. Now, if you'll excuse me, there are card games to be played and a boy everyone thinks is Roxas to play as.

9 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

As someone who's paid literally two seconds of attention to this game before today due to it not being the Elibe remake I was initially hoping for('literally two seconds' meaning I pulled the 3H cards in the new Cipher set, looked at them, commented on how the bronze actually looks like bronze in real life as opposed to the screen reveals, then tossed them aside as I finished getting my playset of Shade), I have no idea what you guys are talking about for Byleth's OG outfit, but the DLC costume on her looks cute.

Frankly, this game is a pass for me, at least until I finish catching up in Kingdom Hearts, and longer if we don't get the Cipher OCs again, that was literally the best part of all of SoV. I am excited for all of you guys, though, and just thought I'd drop in to say that. Now, if you'll excuse me, there are card games to be played and a boy everyone thinks is Roxas to play as.

Thanks for stopping by I guess.

11 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Uh sure, whatever dude. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Lol you're welcome my dudes.

...In all seriousness, I have looked into it at least a little bit, and it does look good - though I still don't get the whole Byleth thing as I never saw more than the Female Byleth's face before the DLC outfit shot - I just have other games I'd rather finish before buying this, like Pokemon Platinum, I need to get around to finishing that, and of course Kingdom Hearts. I also am the kind of guy who likes to wait and get a feel for whether or not there are enough characters I'll like before I give a FE I haven't played before a try, so I'd be waiting either way until I got a little more info on the characters, so I could determine which House I'd want to do first, assuming I end up wanting to do more than one.