Voting Gauntlet: Brave Rivalries! (August 29th)

Diovani Bressan

Voting Gauntlet: Brave Rivalries!  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What army will you support?

• Micaiah: Queen of Dawn
    • Ike: Vanguard Legend
    • Alm: Imperial Ascent
    • Berkut: Purgatorial Prince
    • Eliwood: Marquess Pherae
    • Hector: General of Ostia
    • Camilla: Light of Nohr
    • Hinoka: Blue Sky Warrior

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/05/2019 at 02:55 AM

3 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Was it really necessary to appear frustrated about Micaiah winning a poll? 

I stated I was frustrated about nobody voting for Ike, not about Micaiah winning. I said I wanted at least a couple friends in my list to be Team Ike. I hate when I have no friends in my list on my team because I almost always get shit allies when that happens. And the fact that only Micaiah has a bunch of votes at all was more surprising to me than anything, not frustrating.

Micaiah getting so many votes does bother me a little because I dislike her, but not more than having no friends in my team.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I stated I was frustrated about nobody voting for Ike, not about Micaiah winning. I said I wanted at least a couple friends in my list to be Team Ike. I hate when I have no friends in my list on my team because I almost always get shit allies when that happens. And the fact that only Micaiah has a bunch of votes at all was more surprising to me than anything, not frustrating.

Micaiah getting so many votes does bother me a little because I dislike her, but not more than having no friends in my team.

Eh, don't be too bothered by who wins the polls. Polls usually don't reflect the results of the actual event.

9 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Eh, don't be too bothered by who wins the polls. Polls usually don't reflect the results of the actual event.

Again, that isn't the point. Me being the only person to vote Ike here means I'm not going to have any of my friends list in Team Ike with me. My entire friends list is comprised of SF people.

Ah, good! This thread is finally up! I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised at this lineup! Not only are there slightly more male characters than female ones, but the first round matchups make so much sense! That said, I'm having a bit of a tough time choosing whose team to be on. Normally, I'd jump on Ike's team, but Fallen Berkut is also an option, and I think it's more likely that Ike will move on than Berkut. If I support Berkut at the start, I may be able to support both guys. Plus, I don't know if Fallen Berkut will ever get another shot at being on a voting gauntlet. But...even though it's his RD form, it's Ike. It's a tough choice...

Edit: So excited about these matchups... Alm vs Berkut speaks for itself, the Fates big sisters facing off, good buddies but heated rivals having their match and... Well, Micaiah's not really a fan of Ike's, not that he cares much about that. The two really are opposite, though, which explains my polarized feelings towards them.

Edited by Mercakete

7 hours ago, Zeo said:

@mampfoid Sounds good! I hope Matt serves you well.

Glad I can finally use Matthew at +10 with his prf. Never updated my FL for rival domains, so he is still +7 there. 

Same for you with Roy! 

If you want someone else, just tell me. 

Hmm so, still trying to figure out who to support in round 1. Normally, Ike's the obvious answer for me, but...well, I mentioned my reasons for struggling with this in a previous post. I guess if Ike and Berkut both lose, I'd like to support Hector. If the three of them lose, Eliwood, I suppose. Then Alm. Good guys, Eliwood and Alm; would hang out with. They're kind, friendly dudes. Then Hinoka. She's okay. Then Camilla. I may like Micaiah's design (not her Brave one, her standard one) better than Camillia's (again, her default outfit) but I like Camilla as a person better than I like Micaiah as a person (and I don't really like Camilla as a person very much. She's kind of scary...)

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Sometimes I like when I don't have friends in the same army as mine. Then, getting 2 random allies means that I have a good chance of play with different units, and even units that I don't have. It's good to test unit that we don't have.

For example, in Rival Domains. If you pick a brigade without all unit slots filled, you will get random units, but not random units from your barracks. You will get units that you never summoned before, which is pretty cool.

I'll either pick Hector or Camilla as a start since those are the only units I have. To bad I didn't get Hinoka otherwise it would be her...

And I can see the winner is basically already decided before the event even started. Some things never change xD

Edited by FoliFF

Team Berkut for me! Always liked him, here's hoping he can defeat Alm! (you know what they say about a man with big dong Armor: he is compensating for something.)

9 hours ago, Anacybele said:

...I'm still the only person that voted Ike and TWELVE people voted Micaiah? And hardly anyone else got votes too. How did this happen...?

At the very least, I'd like a couple people on my friends list to be Team Ike so I don't get stuck with completely random allies who will probably always be the same color! >_>

Maybe it's because more people are fans of Tellius as a whole and Ike has already won, so they feel like it's her time to shine now. If all the Tellius fans like the two lords of the games equally, then it is obvious that all the votes are going to the one who has not won already, leaving the other with nothing.

It doesn't really matter to me, I am with my queen Camilla and both Ike and Micky are only obstacles on her path.

8 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Sometimes I like when I don't have friends in the same army as mine. Then, getting 2 random allies means that I have a good chance of play with different units, and even units that I don't have. It's good to test unit that we don't have.

Except like I said, I've been getting crappy allies when this happens. Like, I wind up with useless 4 star junk even though I'm going in with a fully leveled 5 star unit (I can't typically just cheese it by using a level 1 unit, the unit whose team I join is normally a unit I have leveled to 40. And besides that, a lv. 1 unit will only get me even lower level allies if I don't have a friends unit to use). A weak 4 star won't do anything against a trio of built up 5 star lv. 40 enemies. Also, I get mono-colored teams more often when I can't rely on my friends' units and those are so annoying.

@GrandeRampel RD Ike has never won a gauntlet though. That was PoR Ike. Why wouldn't it be cool for Tellius fans for BOTH the original Ikes to win? A lot of people love him, right? It wouldn't be a disappointing thing. After that though, sure, Ike doesn't need to be in gauntlets anymore.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Except like I said, I've been getting crappy allies when this happens. Like, I wind up with useless 4 star junk even though I'm going in with a fully leveled 5 star unit (I can't typically just cheese it by using a level 1 unit, the unit whose team I join is normally a unit I have leveled to 40. And besides that, a lv. 1 unit will only get me even lower level allies if I don't have a friends unit to use). A weak 4 star won't do anything against a trio of built up 5 star lv. 40 enemies. Also, I get mono-colored teams more often when I can't rely on my friends' units and those are so annoying.

@GrandeRampel RD Ike has never won a gauntlet though. That was PoR Ike. Why wouldn't it be cool for BOTH the original Ikes to win?

Whether its a slightly older version of Ike or not doesn't really matter I think. It's still Ike.

2 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Whether its a slightly older version of Ike or not doesn't really matter I think. It's still Ike.

So? That doesn't answer my question. Why wouldn't Tellius fans think it'd be cool for both Ikes to win? Let Ike get his remaining glory, Micaiah doesn't need any right now.

In fact, if any Tellius character needs any right now, it's not either of them, it's Elincia imo. She's constantly completely overshadowed by the two mainly because she isn't an official lord, and yet she still is PoR's lead female and the second lead female of RD. She's yet to be in a gauntlet too and some people don't even think she has a chance to be legendary when she's a perfect candidate if characters like Ryoma, Azura, Tiki, and now Julia can be one. Really deserves a LOT more love than she gets...

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So? That doesn't answer my question. Why wouldn't Tellius fans think it'd be cool for both Ikes to win? Let Ike get his remaining glory, Micaiah doesn't need any right now.

Sure they would think it's cool. But why would that mean they would prioritize that over Micaiah? Its kind of Micaiah's time right now. Furthermore the Micaiah in this gauntlet is new and awesome, while the Ike in this gauntlet has been in this game for a year and a half, so people have gotten used to seeing him anywhere.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Hm... So just because you don't like Micaiah she doesn't deverve to win and instead you prefer your lovely Ike to win again? Also, who cares about "remaining glory" in a mode like VG, outside you of course?

3 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Sure they would think it's cool. But why would that mean they would prioritize that over Micaiah? Its kind of Micaiah's time right now. Furthermore the Micaiah in this gauntlet is new and awesome, while the Ike in this gauntlet has been in this game for a year and a half, so people have gotten used to seeing him anywhere.

Why not? Ike is much more popular, he's super cool, potentially the most popular FE character, etc. No reason not to support him if people love him that much. Micaiah's time? Since when? If I recall, there are four Brave Heroes, not one. It's not just "her time."

"new and awesome" is down to opinion. I don't think it's awesome.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why not? Ike is much more popular, he's super cool, potentially the most popular FE character, etc. No reason not to support him if people love him that much. Micaiah's time? Since when? If I recall, there are four Brave Heroes, not one. It's not just "her time."

"new and awesome" is down to opinion. I don't think it's awesome.

"Super Cool" is also up to your opinion isn't it? That 'Most popular' is also not everyone's opinion. There are a lot of people who prefer Micaiah over Ike, as the reverse is true. It feels like you are putting yout opinion in the mouth of all Tellius fans, as if al of them like Ike better than Micaiah. Yes, it's the time of Micaiah and the other 3 brave heroes. So yes; it is also Micaiah's time, and not Ike.

Ps, whether she is new or not is not down to opinion, she came out earlier this month

Add me to a "Tellius fan of both Micaiah and Ike who wants to put her support behind Micaiah this time" list XD.  It is certainly not required to only like one of them, and Micaiah is finally getting her time to shine!

Edited by Venmi

13 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

"Super Cool" is also up to your opinion isn't it? That 'Most popular' is also not everyone's opinion. There are a lot of people who prefer Micaiah over Ike, as the reverse is true. It feels like you are putting yout opinion in the mouth of all Tellius fans, as if al of them like Ike better than Micaiah. Yes, it's the time of Micaiah and the other 3 brave heroes. So yes; it is also Micaiah's time, and not Ike.

That is, but I listed other things that are fact too. "most popular" is not an opinion. It's a speculation, a pretty likely one.

And...what? When did I say all Tellius fans have to like Ike more? Sure, I'd love it if they would, but I know it wouldn't happen. Why would I try to say it has to?

Well, I simply don't agree. I think it's time for RD Ike to finally win a gauntlet after getting beat twice. He deserves it more than Micaiah. However, since I still won't have anyone on my friends list with me in Team Ike for some reason I don't know, I don't want to join the gauntlet anymore. I had no friends in my team the last two gauntlets, and I'm tired of getting crappy allies and matchups. This mode is just sucking more for me.

Edited by Anacybele

Legendary RD Ike is also a sword infantry, which is one of the more boring and saturated classes in the game. Also, a bit more underwhelming as a unit nowadays. Micaiah is new and shiny and is a flying mage with double effectiveness. A lot of people vote based on unit they like, not so much character they like.

This is honestly being a bigger deal than it has to be.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Legendary RD Ike is also a sword infantry, which is one of the more boring and saturated classes in the game. Also, a bit more underwhelming as a unit nowadays. Micaiah is new and shiny and is a flying mage with double effectiveness. A lot of people vote based on unit they like, not so much character they like.

Fair point about unit type, yeah. Sword infantry is boring these days, agreed.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

I am with you. Most of the times, I prefer to use a fun unit than use a character that I like.

I am not a fan of Yune in her games, but she is so fun to use. I didn't care for Aversa and Soren in their games, but in FEH I really love them. I am going with Micaiah for the  reason your mentioned: She is so fun to use.

Eliwood is my 2nd pick, because he is also fun to use.