October's Legendary Hero Approaches! Leif: Unifier of Thracia (October 29~)

Coolmanio

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Even though you’re likely to be right in this case, 100% guaranteeing something you have little to no control over is never a good idea. See: Philadelphia Eagles head coach Doug Pederson who guaranteed that his team would beat the Dallas Cowboys about a week ago....only for the Eagles to lose that game 37-10.

That, and there was literally no reason for Diovani to say that other than to deliberately rile Ana up, and unprovoked I might add.

this is true, what's the saying assuming makes an.... 
plus. you know. they made Thrasir a mythic which i mean, I still don't get what's godlike about her so they can do whatever they wanna do. 

again, I personally didn't see it as a rile up. Ana herself said that she would rather any Tellius than no tellius and would be prepared to be disappointed if it were Micaiah instead of Elincia. so my thing would be all Diovani was saying is that if she comes, he hopes its liked. I mean poor Lyn gets hated because she just sucks (so i've been told, I don't have a problem w/my lyn lol) so i mean if something you didn't like came out with a good design or a great kit, you can like it (should you get broken) because that's much food, and at least the representation of your favourite game was on point. that's how I saw it though so to be fair if y'all didn't then.  who knows.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

again, I personally didn't see it as a rile up. Ana herself said that she would rather any Tellius than no tellius and would be prepared to be disappointed if it were Micaiah instead of Elincia. so my thing would be all Diovani was saying is that if she comes, he hopes its liked. I mean poor Lyn gets hated because she just sucks (so i've been told, I don't have a problem w/my lyn lol) so i mean if something you didn't like came out with a good design or a great kit, you can like it (should you get broken) because that's much food, and at least the representation of your favourite game was on point. that's how I saw it though so to be fair if y'all didn't then.  who knows.

His exact words to Ana were “I hope you like it”, not “I hope she is liked”. So no, as far as I’m concerned he was unnecessarily trying to start something when Ana had done nothing disruptive in this topic.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

His exact words to Ana were “I hope you like it”, not “I hope she is liked”. So no, as far as I’m concerned he was unnecessarily trying to start something when Ana had done nothing disruptive in this topic.

like i said - and how i saw it, I didn't see it as trying to start something. again there are a lot of units i personally don't like (see impending Lif probably blocking my way for something needed). but I personally would hope I like him/what he's got if he's going to be a colour block. I mean i will forever hate Hrid's uselessness but at least he has the good sense to have DC (to make killing him oh so worth it). so if someone tagged me like that that's how i'd take it, and i'd probably LOL at it as well. 

I can though see how you and she didn't. that's all. each their own. (nothing really worth continuing over either). 

i'm truly just thankful that I can skip this banner. the things i'd like were just that things i'd like

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Dude, Elincia is the driver of the plot in PoR with a lot of story presence. She's the main character of part 2 in RD, and although it is the smallest of the four parts, I'd hardly call it tiny. And she's implied to have become a legendary level queen. In terms of relevance, she's entirely on the level of those characters that you listed. She's often considered a lord, actually, even though I wouldn't really call her one, just more of a pseudo-lord like Ryoma and Azura. Also, IS thought her important enough to give her DLC art in Awakening along with a bunch of other lords. And since a lot of those lords are now legendaries, why shouldn't she be as well?

Well, in PoR... yes, she is relevant for the plot, but she is just...there. I was kinda annoyed that I was forced to use her in the final maps... I was like "Go back to your bench, girl!"

And in RD... I got bored in part 2, which IS a tiny part of RD (prologue, 3 chapters and "endgame"). Maybe for you she is great, but for me she is kinda... boring? I wouldn't mind Legendary Elincia, but I would place her in the "there are better candidates" category, alongside Ryoma, who shouldn't be a Legendary Hero at all, and Azura, who is just a excuse to make a Legendary Dancer but I would place her above Ryoma. The Nifl siblings could be in this category as well, since nothing they do is "legendary": Fjorm is the main character of Book 2, Gunnthrá is just to plot relevance, and Hríd's existence is irrelevant.

I could see Elincia as the 3rd option for Legendary, behind Ike, who already is a legendary hero, and Micaiah. Of course, how Brave Micaiah was made was kinda unexpected, but I hope they can do something new with her for her Legendary Alt.

6 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Well, in PoR... yes, she is relevant for the plot, but she is just...there. I was kinda annoyed that I was forced to use her in the final maps... I was like "Go back to your bench, girl!"

And in RD... I got bored in part 2, which IS a tiny part of RD (prologue, 3 chapters and "endgame"). Maybe for you she is great, but for me she is kinda... boring? I wouldn't mind Legendary Elincia, but I would place her in the "there are better candidates" category, alongside Ryoma, who shouldn't be a Legendary Hero at all, and Azura, who is just a excuse to make a Legendary Dancer but I would place her above Ryoma. The Nifl siblings could be in this category as well, since nothing they do is "legendary": Fjorm is the main character of Book 2, Gunnthrá is just to plot relevance, and Hríd's existence is irrelevant.

I could see Elincia as the 3rd option for Legendary, behind Ike, who already is a legendary hero, and Micaiah. Of course, how Brave Micaiah was made was kinda unexpected, but I hope they can do something new with her for her Legendary Alt.

Well, just because you think she's boring doesn't mean she isn't a candidate. Also, Elincia has some relevance in part 3 as well as 2, so part 2 isn't the only part of RD she does anything in, for the record.

So I've decided I'm pulling both reds and colorless for this banner, I feel like this Leif would be useful on a Galeforce team which I still haven't completely utlized/built.

Edited by Anacybele

41 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Wasn't it Seliph who ended up unifying Thracia for Leif? 

Well Leif does become the king of a united Thracia at the end, even if Seliph had to save him from that near-fatal blunder.

But, what kind of awesome title is "Assistant and Relative to the Unifier of Thracia, But Who Nonetheless Took Its Throne Instead, With Assistance From His Sister And Arion". A little fluffing for coolness is order here, and I guess it is acceptable, being Leif nonetheless counts as the main character of a game.

7 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

Yeah you have a point here, you could also use movement oriented B slots like Hit and Run and similar ones or wing of mercy and Escape route, if Berkut is on the team, in AR with bolt traps/towers or when Lif releases, Leif's Hp can below 50% with all these methods. 

Also Time's pulse will be really good on him to help him activate his special (when at 3 it becomes 2 and when not 3 it will activate anyway).

I just wonder why he doesn't have Close Counter, he is one it's best users and when considering it's only on a seasonal that will appear again next year and on a year one unit that appears once in the weekly banners he could have it to make it more accessible. My Kronya and my blade mages could use it (the free CC went to Picnic Flora to make her mixed phase). 

Ranged units cannot learn Hit and Run.

Cavalry cannot learn Time's Pulse.

Close Counter is a bad skill if you don't have the bulk to survive attacks, and it also costs you your best skill slot for boosting your combat performance on a bow cavalry. Having a weapon with an effect on enemy phase doesn't mean you should be building for enemy phase if the unit's stats aren't compatible with it. Basilikos's Slaying effect and Life and Death are both active on enemy phase, but that doesn't mean you should be building Raven for enemy phase or dual phase.

7 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

I just wonder why he doesn't have Close Counter, he is one it's best users and when considering it's only on a seasonal that will appear again next year and on a year one unit that appears once in the weekly banners he could have it to make it more accessible. My Kronya and my blade mages could use it (the free CC went to Picnic Flora to make her mixed phase). 

well you forgot Tharja but point really noted. 
I didn't realise how much i needed close counter until I decided i wanted to make Norne and Kronya and I'd probably like to have it on my healers as well. . and probably someone else. I got a few on Taco's first banner, while Hinoka hunting, and probably will need 1-2 more. so many more units have DC but only 3 have CC and as you said 2 are seasonals. 

38 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ranged units cannot learn Hit and Run.

Cavalry cannot learn Time's Pulse.

Close Counter is a bad skill if you don't have the bulk to survive attacks, and it also costs you your best skill slot for boosting your combat performance on a bow cavalry. Having a weapon with an effect on enemy phase doesn't mean you should be building for enemy phase if the unit's stats aren't compatible with it. Basilikos's Slaying effect and Life and Death are both active on enemy phase, but that doesn't mean you should be building Raven for enemy phase or dual phase.

By hit and run I meant similar skills but I haven't checked if they are inheritable by Ranged. 

Well that's a shame. 

I meant for vantage and enemy phase quading through QR but still he could be one of the better users for this skills and he could make it more available for other units that could use it better. 

37 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

well you forgot Tharja but point really noted. 
I didn't realise how much i needed close counter until I decided i wanted to make Norne and Kronya and I'd probably like to have it on my healers as well. . and probably someone else. I got a few on Taco's first banner, while Hinoka hunting, and probably will need 1-2 more. so many more units have DC but only 3 have CC and as you said 2 are seasonals. 

I think I made my point clear, two seasonals and a year one unit make this skill one of the rarest ones and it is quite useful for vantage sweeping. 

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I think Leif: Unifier of Thracia might be okay with Counter-Vantage. His low Atk is pretty questionable like World of Thracia Reinhardt, so he probably should not be the player's main Counter-Vantage unit. However, UOT!Leif is ranged, an archer, colorless, and got lower charging Galeforce, so I think he is a decent side option, at least against flier balls.

41 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

I think I made my point clear, two seasonals and a year one unit make this skill one of the rarest ones and it is quite useful for vantage sweeping. 

Distant Counter is very common. It generally comes around every few months if not more frequently. Hector alone already appeared 3 times last year and 6 times this year. Once you factor in other Hectors and Distant Counter units, you get on average 1 Distant Counter Focus per month this year.

Nothing to smell here, just a very loud brain fart.

Close Counter is not as common as Distant Counter, but it is still relatively easy to get. Takumi comes around every few months and he has already appeared 4 times this year.

Edited by XRay

27 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

By hit and run I meant similar skills but I haven't checked if they are inheritable by Ranged. 

None of the B skills that force movement after combat (Hit and Run, Drag Back, Lunge, Knock Back) are inheritable by ranged units.

27 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

I meant for vantage and enemy phase quading through QR but still he could be one of the better users for this skills and he could make it more available for other units that could use it better. 

The default builds for high-end units are generally geared towards a specific role that the developers want the unit to perform, and both of those builds are rather questionable in effectiveness, especially considering the fact that bows don't have the stopping power of melee weapons, and not made for general use.

Leif looks like he's meant to be a player-phase nuke with the ability to tank and counter-kill a mage on enemy phase if necessary.

12 minutes ago, XRay said:

Distant Counter is very common. It generally comes around every few months if not more frequently. Hector alone already appeared 3 times last year and 6 times this year. Once you factor in other Hectors and Distant Counter units, you get on average 1 Distant Counter Focus per month this year.

He's talking about Close Counter.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

He's talking about Close Counter.

Woops. That is freaking huge brain fart. I will edit my post.

2 hours ago, Espurrhoodie said:

I might go for Leif.

Here's hoping that my birthday luck can be used on this banner since it starts on my birthday.

Another year closer to the grave! Cheers to ya 😄

I'll probably go for Leif as well, if not my first Fallen Tiki and a second Bow Alm.

3 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

1. Leif knows nothing about bows, he only uses Sword in Thracia.

2. What is a Meisterbogen? It's not from Judgral, that's for sure.

https://fireemblem.fandom.com/wiki/Meisterbogen

They're localising the names of the "Master" weapons from Thracia in German, for some reason (see also: Meisterschwert). Also it's Jugdral.

8 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

https://fireemblem.fandom.com/wiki/Meisterbogen

They're localising the names of the "Master" weapons from Thracia in German, for some reason (see also: Meisterschwert). Also it's Jugdral.

Hmm, I wasn't thinking about that at first sight, but that does make sense. I guess that means we might see Master Lance or Master Axe in the future as well.

But Leif with a bow still feels off to me, I guess that's what Awakening fans felt before.

I'm happy to see Leif get a good alt with a nice niche. I will admit my surprise at seeing him getting a special Galeforce, however, as I thought that was reserved for an eventual Legendary Edelgard.

I do want Leif but two Silques cost me like 340 orbs so going for colorless after such a blow feels too risky, sadly.

1 hour ago, Karimlan said:

Another year closer to the grave! Cheers to ya 😄

I'll probably go for Leif as well, if not my first Fallen Tiki and a second Bow Alm.

Thanks!

I don't have any units in the gray pool, so any of them is welcome.

Okay, so it's about time I actually talk about this banner.

Leif looks like a pretty fun unit to use, and I like the fact that the developers are actually trying to balance out his kit and realizing how stupidly oppressive certain units are in Aether Raids.

Master Bow has the neat perk that it has the Impact effect, but only when controlled by the player. The Impact effect is nice because it alleviates the survivability issue that ranged cavalry tend to have, and the control restriction is pretty nice because Impact is absurdly annoying when on an enemy-controlled unit. It's basically what makes Tibarn and cavalry beasts the nuisance that they are in Aether Raids.

Noba's Zeal is Galeforce on a ranged unit with a reasonable drawback for the advantages of being ranged and cavalry. It looks like it'll simply be implemented as being affected by Gravity after activation, so you should be able to bypass it by running a staff unit with Restore. Again, this is a mechanic that the AI will probably be unable to take advantage of because Restore has higher priority than attacking, meaning any unit with Restore will probably have used their turn prior to Leif's action.

Atk/Res Push looks like he's probably going to be a slow unit (further supported by the Impact effect on his weapon) with high Atk and Res, letting him use Atk/Res Push to bait a mage and counter kill it with this enemy-phase Brave. The recoil can make it easier for him to be danced by Wings of Mercy dancers.

S Drink lets him activate Noba's Zeal immediately. Def Smoke makes use of his Galeforce to sweep.

Looks like he'll be a good unit overall. Probably better than Alm in the hands of the player, but worse than Alm in the hands of the AI.

I'm expecting an optimal build for him to possibly run Fury 4 instead of Atk/Res Push 4 if he wants to be a dancer beacon, but otherwise keep everything else intact.

I'll pull for a few copies of him, but probably not spend too much time on this banner. I'm already saturated with Alm and Tiki, and I spent a ton of money fixing up my car this month, so I don't really have the budget to spare this time around. I'm rather disappointed that Marisa came back this month with two blue units that I also don't need more copies of and with my limited budget. Sad face.

26 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

But Leif with a bow still feels off to me, I guess that's what Awakening fans felt before.

He's based off of his Master Knight promotion in Genealogy, which as access to all weapon types except Dark magic.

I wasn't expecting Leif to be the legendary, but he looks great. I'm really glad he has some restrictions when he's on defence teams, he'd be really annoying otherwise. He's probably still going to be pretty annoying actually, but at least it's possible to bait and take him out in one turn now. This sort of restriction when the unit is not controlled by the player is probably something that some earlier oppressive units should have had, but the damage is already done there I suppose.

It's very tempting to summon colorless this time and finally get a legendary with pair up, but I also want to save orbs for Jill if she's coming soon... A pair up unit would probably be more useful than another axe or lance flier like Jill will probably be, but...

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Atk/Res Push looks like he's probably going to be a slow unit (further supported by the Impact effect on his weapon) with high Atk and Res, letting him use Atk/Res Push to bait a mage and counter kill it with this enemy-phase Brave. The recoil can make it easier for him to be danced by Wings of Mercy dancers.

Don't know if you noticed, but his stats were revealed through one of those tips and tricks videos again. He seems to have 22 base speed, 17 with his weapon equipped.

17 hours ago, Coolmanio said:

yz5ihq6h77v31.jpg

Stats

Weird that they suggest using the Brazen Atk/Spd seal in the video.

Edited by BoaFerox

3 minutes ago, BoaFerox said:

Don't know if you noticed, but his stats were revealed through one of those tips and tricks videos again. He seems to have 22 base speed, 17 with his weapon equipped.

Well, good to know my guess was on point. Slow with usable magic bulk and good Atk.

30 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm expecting an optimal build for him to possibly run Fury 4 instead of Atk/Res Push 4 if he wants to be a dancer beacon, but otherwise keep everything else intact.

Desperation on B would allow him to quad once he hits the threshold for really sticky damage.

7 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

Desperation on B would allow him to quad once he hits the threshold for really sticky damage.

Desperation doesn't give you a free follow-up. It makes an existing follow-up come before the opponent's counterattack. There's no point in running Desperation unless you're also running Brash Assault, but Brash Assault is an awful skill.