October's Legendary Hero Approaches! Leif: Unifier of Thracia (October 29~)

Coolmanio

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Desperation doesn't give you a free follow-up. It makes an existing follow-up come before the opponent's counterattack. There's no point in running Desperation unless you're also running Brash Assault, but Brash Assault is an awful skill.

It is not that bad with Bolt Traps being so abundant, although it does suck if you step on a low level one though.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Much as I really want a Thracia Legendary/Mythic Hero, this is clearly a Genealogy Leif, and I am going to be very irked if they pretend he is a Thracia unit in this form.

Well, Master Bow doesn't exist in Genealogy, so it's kind of a mix of the two games.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Well, Master Bow doesn't exist in Genealogy, so it's kind of a mix of the two games.

They have grabbed weapons from other games to spice up a Legendary Hero before (Legendary Lyn and the Mulagir), but when they call out a game with their character design, they have generally pointed that out with the official appears in section (To restrict myself to Legendary Heroes: calling out the gold dragon design of Legendary Tiki having Mystery of the Emblem origins; Legendary Marth's use of a shield and the Fire Emblem itself being a shield as distinctly Mystery of Emblem; Legendary Ike being the muscled Radiant Dawn version; Legendary Alm having been inspired by Echo's Conqueror version). Legendary Leif is clearly the Master Knight version from Genealogy of the Holy Wars, and Thracia deserves its own heroes.

29 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

(To restrict myself to Legendary Heroes: calling out the gold dragon design of Legendary Tiki having Mystery of the Emblem origins; Legendary Marth's use of a shield and the Fire Emblem itself being a shield as distinctly Mystery of Emblem; Legendary Ike being the muscled Radiant Dawn version; Legendary Alm having been inspired by Echo's Conqueror version)

The only character in the game that is credited to Dark Dragon and Sword of Light is Wrys. There is nothing special about Legendary Tiki and Legendary Marth being credited to Mystery.

Similarly, there are no characters in the game credited to Gaiden. All characters from Gaiden are credited to Echoes, and Legendary Alm is no different.

The non-Branded Beorc Tellius characters have actual character design differences between the two games due to the time skip between games. It obviously makes sense for Legendary Ike to be credited to Radiant Dawn instead of Path of Radiance due to an actual difference in character design, not due to having a specific weapon or set of skills.

Genealogy and Thracia have none of these distinctions. Because Thracia occurs during the events of Genealogy, Leif's character design says nothing about his game of origin. He's a character from both games using a design from either game in a class from one game using a weapon from the other.

As for Lyn, we all know her use of Mulagir is more of a reference to her CYL version than to Binding Blade.

Edited by Ice Dragon

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The only character in the game that is credited to Dark Dragon and Sword of Light is Wrys. There is nothing special about Legendary Tiki and Legendary Marth being credited to Mystery. 

Similarly, there are no characters in the game credited to Gaiden. All characters from Gaiden are credited to Echoes, and Legendary Alm is no different. 

That seems a fair point, but

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Genealogy and Thracia have none of these distinctions.

they opened the door with there being a distinction between Genealogy and Thracia with Ishtar. Ishtar: Thunder Goddess is attributed to Genealogy of the Holy War; While Ishtar: Thunder's Waltz is attributed to Thracia, and the Thracia version has far more subdued color similar to the difference between the Genealogy and Thracia in game portraits.

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

they opened the door with there being a distinction between Genealogy and Thracia with Ishtar. Ishtar: Thunder Goddess is attributed to Genealogy of the Holy War; While Ishtar: Thunder's Waltz is attributed to Thracia, and the Thracia version has far more subdued color similar to the difference between the Genealogy and Thracia in game portraits.

Which is exactly my point. There is no distinction between Genealogy and Thracia, meaning the decision as to which game to attribute a character to is completely arbitrary and basically just depends on the circumstance of their release. Leif, Nanna, and Finn were introduced in a Thracia-themed banner and therefore are credited to Thracia. Ishtar was introduced in a Genealogy-themed banner and therefore is credited to Genealogy. Dancing Ishtar and Dancing Reinhardt are a pair and therefore are credited to Thracia due to Reinhardt being exclusive to Thracia.

I think the colors are a coincidence and you're looking too much into it for significance.

17 minutes ago, Othin said:

Anyone have the new legendary rerun schedule?

kan5zokzlfv31.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

Found this on reddit.

That's a really long time until Ryoma comes back, the rotation for red is really cramped. They've been making changes to the schedule a lot recently, so I guess this picture might change next month as well.

Edited by BoaFerox

2 hours ago, BoaFerox said:

kan5zokzlfv31.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

Found this on reddit.

That's a really long time until Ryoma comes back, the rotation for red is really cramped. They've been making changes to the schedule a lot recently, so I guess this picture might change next month as well.

Yeah - Gunthra shunted from Dec. to Feb. (I'm not complaning, I'd like Thrasir without the Gunnthra blocked. still ticked off she kept me away from Bow Fjorm. GRRR). 
Dec. Colourless is great for me. like. REALLY great. and I want Thrasir. I kinda wish julia moved to Dec. and that would be aces. Dec. red is a blegh. (even though i need def. tactic). 

I honestly feel we're going to get to the point where Legendary banners are strictly going to be Legends/Mythics and then the seasonals. no more 5* exclusives. 

I'm almost convincing myself to wait for December to pull again. Instead of trying to get new Mythics, it's better to focus on geting merges on the ones I have to boost score, and Eir/Naga have blessings that helps with the units I use on each season. I need to pull Thrasir to have instead of Duma for Anima, but aside from that I'll just try to get more Naga/Eir/Yune merges, so December would be 3 of 4 units I want.

44 minutes ago, Rinco said:

I'm almost convincing myself to wait for December to pull again. Instead of trying to get new Mythics, it's better to focus on geting merges on the ones I have to boost score, and Eir/Naga have blessings that helps with the units I use on each season. I need to pull Thrasir to have instead of Duma for Anima, but aside from that I'll just try to get more Naga/Eir/Yune merges, so December would be 3 of 4 units I want.

i have that feeling too. 
like I want Azura and Lucina - but Julia never shares with them. 

I'd love Thrasir vs Duma as well. my friend does that saves for a few months and only pulls for some fodder. 
(I am weak. I need some stuffs I never even knew i needed lol)

November looks like poison - the only unit I'm interested in would be one copy of Julia to get rid of my attack bane, but no chance I pull for her there since I have absolutely zero interest in the other two blues. A February re-run would be ideal. I'm assuming the third red is Lif.

December is only slightly better. Roy occupies a similar situation to Julia, but at least I'd take one Hrid to get rid of my ridiculous +Spd -Atk one. Indifferent about Thrasir so it depends on her fellow greens. Grey is useful merges but again, depends on a good third wheel.

January is all about Leif again, hopefully he turns up with some attractive buddies. Nothing else there for me.

____

Remaining seasonal re-runs this year:

- Red: No space this year. Flora is first up next year.
- Blue: Lukas in December almost certainly, leaving Pent to front up next year. Really hoping for a Laegjarn re-run in February but that relies on Lukas and Pent being run consecutively.
- Green: Next up is all the way forward to Laevatein, a good chance to catch up on non-seasonal greens perhaps.
- Grey: Fjorm this year, Gunnthra either December or next year.

Gameplay wise, I should maybe shoot for Sothis next month. She'll play super nice with M!Kana. And if Lif's the next mythic, all the better! I can go for both him and Sothis that way!

I hope Julia gets to share a banner with Ephraim after her next banner, though that's probably not likely given their spacing. They're the only two blue Legendary Heroes that I'm not swimming in right now.

And hopefully next month is Lif so I can get more copies of Sothis at the same time. And if it's not Lif, I hope next month's Mythic Hero shares a color with a seasonal or regular unit that I care about.

136 pulls, sniping colorless (then blue, green, red, in that order if no colorless). Much fewer pulls than usual due to having to fix my car last month, but I got a good haul, so I'm still satisfied (career total in parentheses):

• 5 (5) Leaf, including a perfect [+Atk, -Spd]
  • 3 (14) Alm, including 2 +Spd
  • 1 (14) Tiki
  • 2 (14) Lucina
  • 1 (3) Marisa, +Spd replacing my previous +Def base

That's a lot of 14's.

Overall 8.8% 5-star rate, which is right about the average expected rate, but the number of Leaf pulls was extremely satisfying, especially the one with the perfect nature. I'm also rather happy to have gotten the pitybreaker Marisa with +Spd.

I wish they'd give old seasonal banners the 4% treatment during their reruns.

1 hour ago, SSbardock84 said:

Man, I'm so glad I didn't merge my Takumis. Leif with Distant Counter and Vantage is insane. I think he might be my new favorite unit in the game.

Careful with bulky units though. His Atk is still low compared to other Counter-Vantage users, so you cannot rely on it the same way that you can with Keaton, Ares, and Blade mages.