New Year Seasonal Heroes Datamined [Spoilers]

TheNiddo

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

That's a matter of opinion and it's still stupid. Ranulf would've still been the better choice because he makes more sense with Lethe and he would've evened out the gender ratio more here. Alfonse being the only guy is not fair at all and is uncool.

You gotta make money from degenerate Otaku like me somehow. Fox and cat girls are just the way to do it. I personally prefer foxgirls cause they’re fluffier. Also one could make the argument that Kaden should be there instead of Lethe to also round out the gender ratio. Regardless this is a skip for me though Selkie is very tempting.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a cute banner... but then again it is just an alt banner. 

I have been very lucky in these New Year's banners in pulling yet (got a lot for almost nothing), so it would be nice to get at least one of them. 

The best is that the most adorable unit, Eir, is free so technically no need to pull from it anymore.

I suspect regular Lethe, Selkie and Eir will be bonus units which would be a great opportunity for grinding HV (aside of Eir who has reached 6000 already). 

Just now, Ottservia said:

You gotta make money from degenerate Otaku like me somehow. Fox and cat girls are just the way to do it. I personally prefer foxgirls cause they’re fluffier. Also one could make the argument that Kaden should be there instead of Lethe to also round out the gender ratio. Regardless this is a skip for me though Selkie is very tempting.

1. I edited my post to mention Kaden.

2. Again, that's your opinion and just because you think fox girls are better doesn't mean Ranulf wouldn't have made just as much money or more. I prefer cat boys myself anyway given that two characters I absolutely adore are just that (Ranulf as mentioned, and then Cat Noir from Miraculous).

It's sort of like a res-based, inheritable version of Brave Hector's Ostian Counter with limitations on weapon type. Except Ostian Counter gave a bonus of +4.

All I'm seeing here is nothing that'll dissuade me from going all-in on legendary Celica's banner instead. I'll appreciate that free Spd Tactic, though.

Though, I will admit that Velouria not being here to complement Selkie irks me just a little bit.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

1. I edited my post to mention Kaden.

2. Again, that's your opinion and just because you think fox girls are better doesn't mean Ranulf wouldn't have made just as much money or more. I prefer cat boys myself anyway given that two characters I absolutely adore are just that (Ranulf as mentioned, and then Cat Noir from Miraculous).

Well of course it’s my opinion. I never said it wasn’t. I’m just saying people like their foxgirls myself included why just this year we had an anime about a guy who has a foxgirl maid that takes care of him. It’s adorable. Also need I mention Tamamo no mae? https://images.app.goo.gl/WSMB9kdFtnNUPoco8

Japan loves its fox girls.

Edited by Ottservia

17 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Well of course it’s my opinion. I never said it wasn’t. I’m just saying people like their foxgirls myself included why just this year we had an anime about a guy who has a foxgirl maid that takes care of him. It’s adorable. Also need I mention Tamamo no mae? https://images.app.goo.gl/WSMB9kdFtnNUPoco8

Japan loves its fox girls.

Proof? One anime with a fox girl doesn't mean they're super popular. And like I said, Ranulf is popular too. Kaden also seems to have some popularity.

Omg I personally don’t even count Alfonse as the male unit if we are gonna have Sharena with him! They’re cute and all, though. I will definitely try a bit for them... but honestly my focus will be NY Hrid. He escaped me too many times already 😞 

As for the rest of the units... I don’t care about the fox girls at all. I also would have preferred fox boys but I’m kinda glad they’re not there or else my orbs would have been in trouble. Anna is cute and I’m SO glad she has an alt at last!! Free Eir is the best part! Overall, I’m glad there isn’t too much temptation although I feel the need to start pulling for more and more of the new units and less of my old favorites cuz powercreep is ever so present 😛 

1 hour ago, Sentinel07 said:

I'll be pulling for them, since I'm probably the only person around not calling Duo units the spawn of satan. 

How long have you been playing this game

The only thing I even sort of want is Anna and I dont even know if I want Anna

Definitely a surprise lineup...

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Proof? One anime with a fox girl doesn't mean they're super popular. And like I said, Ranulf is popular too. Kaden also seems to have some popularity.

Y’see the problem here is that you don’t think like a degenerate weeb in the same vein I do. Stay in this community long enough and you’re bound to understand how these fetishes work. But hey I ain’t gonna force ya. All I’m saying here is that waifus sell regardless and someone on the dev team clearly has a fetish towards cat and fox girls.

I am going for Anna and Askr royals.

1 hour ago, Sentinel07 said:

I'll be pulling for them, since I'm probably the only person around not calling Duo units the spawn of satan. 

I highly doubt that. Most players do not have that strong of a negative opinion on things. If you follow the Aether Raids, the most significant Duo Hero is A Monstrous Harvest Hector for Counter-Vantage and he is well regarded. Desert Mercenaries Ephraim might be decent too, although he does not seem to be as prominent.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Fox girls are kind of an East Asian thing. In a lot of Asian folklore and mythology, fox girls are the equivalent of succubi in the west. In my opinion, fox girls are probably the most waifu thing in the East until modern times recently when cat girls became a thing.

To put in another way, bunny girls are a thing in the West but it is not really thing in Asia until recently, and even then, bunny girls are not that popular there compared to bunny girls here.

Edited by XRay

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

Fox girls are kind of an East Asian thing. In a lot of Asian folklore and mythology, fox girls are the equivalent of succubi in the west. In my opinion, fox girls are probably the most waifu thing in the East until modern times recently when cat girls became a thing.

This is also true. Japan sort has a thing for Kitsune in their folklore. There are many stories of Kitsune transforming into beautiful women to trick men into awkward romantic situations. It’s where zoroark’s illusion ability comes from

Edited by Ottservia

41 minutes ago, XRay said:

To put in another way, bunny girls are a thing in the West but it is not really thing in Asia until recently, and even then, bunny girls are not that popular there compared to bunny girls here.

Why does it always have to be about "waifus" though? Men are well liked too. I say yet again, Ranulf and Kaden are popular.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why does it always have to be about "waifus" though? Men are well liked too. I say yet again, Ranulf and Kaden are popular.

I am not sure. Maybe they do not think husbandos sell as much. Or maybe they have already tried selling husbandos, but it did not generate as much sales as waifus to be worth it.

Until they release data about their sales, it is hard to be certain. And even if they release that data, it might be hard to pick apart which unit drives a psrticular Focus's sales. And then we also have to factor in whether a unit is summoned more for being a waifu or more for being a good unit or have good fodder.

Edited by XRay

41 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am not sure. Maybe they do not think husbandos sell as much. Or maybe they have already tried selling husbandos, but it did not generate as much sales as waifus to be worth it.

Until they release data about their sales, it is hard to be certain. And even if they release that data, it might be hard to pick apart which unit drives a psrticular Focus's sales. And then we also have to factor in whether a unit is summoned more for being a waifu or more for being a good unit or have good fodder.

I would think males can sell just as much if they're just as popular or more popular though. But it also doesn't help that IS often gives the males worse skill sets, making them less desirable by default.

1 hour ago, Ottservia said:

Y’see the problem here is that you don’t think like a degenerate weeb in the same vein I do. Stay in this community long enough and you’re bound to understand how these fetishes work. But hey I ain’t gonna force ya. All I’m saying here is that waifus sell regardless and someone on the dev team clearly has a fetish towards cat and fox girls.

* laughs at pokemon fandom currently being scalie nest bc of raihan and not nessa* 

42 minutes ago, XRay said:

tbh yes generally japanese companies don' t believe males sells , or, to be more specific, that girls can bs thirsty too. it also applies to their idol culture where moe girls sell more than males bc male fans tends to buy fanmerchs more impulsively. That and the straight males are often complains when companies sexualizes males, and sadly, jpn companies listen. In comparison, in SK guys sells more than girls, be it living human kpop idols or in gachas,that SK companies are more aware that guys sells and instead of calling out the girls with double standard, milks that thirst instead.

Just now, DraceEmpressa said:

* laughs at pokemon fandom currently being scalie nest bc of raihan and not nessa* 

Yes omg Raihan! ❤️

But yeah, see, males can be more popular than females. Heck, even in FE, go see how beloved guys like Ike and Roy are. I still don't understand why Ike only has one seasonal so far and rarely ever gets alts while Lyn and Camilla get a whole buttload even though Ike is arguably more popular.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I would think males can sell just as much if they're just as popular or more popular though. But it also doesn't help that IS often gives the males worse skill sets, making them less desirable by default.

Popularity doesn't necessarily translate directly to sales. It's worth noting that there aren't actually many gacha games that include both male and female units the way FEH does. Most prioritize one or the other, either very heavily or completely. The assumption I would have from this is that what people will claim they like and what they will actually pay for don't always overlap completely, so Ike might be really popular in polls and such but fewer of those players are going to throw down money for him than they will, say, Camilla.

This is all just conjecture, of course, but they have the data and they've been doing this for a while now.