New Year Seasonal Heroes Datamined [Spoilers]

TheNiddo

I am kinda late for this discussion, because I wasn't with internet before.

Alfonse & Sharena looks adorable together! I am happy that Alfonse is teh leading unit, because I like him more than Sharena. This Duo Hero is pretty good! Good stats and skills, and the Duo skill is pretty useful. They would probably be my target... if I had orbs. lol

Anna finally got a alt! That's great. I don't believe it will affect her in CYL 4. At least I hope not. Eir as TT unit is cool. Their weapons is basically Yune's Whispers in weapon form.

Selkie and Lethe looks also adorable, with pretty good weapons. Selkies, especially.

I really like the characters selection. A pretty good one! I don't like Ranulf, so I am not sad that he is not in the banner.

About Distant Ward... not sure about this skill. I mean... it's a Distant Counter skill that doesn't work against all ranged foes. A DW unit will not counterattack bow and dagger foes. The Atk/Res+5 is good, though. I expect Close Ward to be "If sword, lance, axe, beast, bow or dagger foe initiates combat, grants Atk/Def+5 to unit during combat and unit can counterattack regardless of foe's range".

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Did you read my post? I did say OFTEN. Not ALWAYS.

Yes, I did, in fact. However, "often" can be refuted by giving a large number of examples relative to the total. We're getting a large number of extremely good male characters now, and that's sufficient to refute your claim.

Yeah but the thing about male units is that it's harder for guys who aren't insanely popular to get in compared to girls who may not even be that popular. Why did Karla and Igrene get such ridiculously good treatment while Canas, Conrad, and Haar got fucked over? And where's Rath, the guy who beat out the Fates little sisters last time around? I'm also bored of the same guys (Hector and Ephraim, lookin' at you two) getting all the OP stuff and shiny new alts.

I do agree that there are quite a handful of dudes who are obnoxiously great, but the beasts are in a league of their own, generally, and almost all of them are pretty OP. Surtr is book 2's main baddie, it'd be weird if he weren't obscenely powerful. But on average, it feels easier for a random female unit to become OP compared to a random male unit. The only real exception to a random male unit becoming stupid OP is original Reinhardt, and that wasn't intentional compared to some of the purposely broken shit girls nowadays get.

But this is kind of ignoring the main issue at hand, which is that I'm not really big on a lot of their choices for alts nowadays. Anna and Eir were both overdue for an alt, yes, but I'm a bit tired of OCs in seasonal banners anyway. Lethe and Selkie aren't bad choices for alts, but I'm not super excited about them personally. Maybe I'm just getting overwhelmed and really tired of all the stupid powercreep and OP skills lately.

Edited by Sunwoo

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Yeah but the thing about male units is that it's harder for guys who aren't insanely popular to get in compared to girls who may not even be that popular. Why did Karla and Igrene get such ridiculously good treatment while Canas, Conrad, and Haar got fucked over? And where's Rath, the guy who beat out the Fates little sisters last time around? I'm also bored of the same guys (Hector and Ephraim, lookin' at you two) getting all the OP stuff and shiny new alts.

I do agree that there are quite a handful of dudes who are obnoxiously great, but the beasts are in a league of their own, generally, and almost all of them are pretty OP. Surtr is book 2's main baddie, it'd be weird if he weren't obscenely powerful. But on average, it feels easier for a random female unit to become OP compared to a random male unit. The only real exception to a random male unit becoming stupid OP is original Reinhardt, and that wasn't intentional compared to some of the purposely broken shit girls nowadays get.

Yeah, this exactly. And speaking of Hector and Ephraim, why can they get multiple seasonals/random alts and Ike can't even though Ike is more popular? And this is coming from someone who loves Ephraim and is okay with Hector as a character.

Silas got fucked over too and he also debuted in a banner where the rest of the units were OP females. I love how I built my Silas, but I still wish he had a better base kit and all. Oh, and I'd say Ranulf and Mordecai also ended up underwhelming compared to the likes of Lethe, Nailah, Velouria, and Selkie. Well, Mordecai canonically isn't super strong, but Ranulf definitely deserved better when he's always implied to be the strongest cat and probably the strongest beast laguz that isn't a royal.

I don't want Ike, Hector, Ephraim, Lyn, any Fates royal, either Corrin, Azura, Eliwood, either Robin, the Nifl and Muspell sisters, Reinhardt, Roy, Lilina, or any potential armored dragon candidates to get another alt for a very long time. Marth and Eirika are in the same boat, except I'd actually be okay with them getting Brave alts just to get it over with already. EDIT: Forgot Chrom, don't really want him to get another alt but would be okay if he got a legendary alt just because he is the main character over Lucina and Grima. Ike having less alts than Ephraim and Hector is a good thing in my book because it means I don't have to get mad at him for taking up space that could've gone to someone else. But with Hector, Ephraim, Marth, and Alfonse all getting duo forms with someone, I'm afraid that a duo Ike is inevitable, as is a duo alt of all the other lords.

Quick, who do you think will be the duo partner for all the other lords?

Edited by Sunwoo

10 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Quick, who do you think will be the duo partner for all the other lords?

Good question

• Alm and Celica, duh (or if they don't wanna be that obvious, Alm and Faye as much as I hate that idea and Celica and Conrad)
  • Sigurd and Deirdre
  • Seliph and Julia
  • Leif and Nanna
  • Adult Eliwood and Young Roy (this is kind of obvious after Halloween Hector and Lilina)
  • Lyn and Florina
  • Eirika and Tana
  • Ike and Soren (And I know Ike/Soren shippers would eat the shit out of that :P)
  • Micaiah and Sothe
  • Adult Chrom and Young Lucina
  • Corrin and Azura
  • Byleth and Sothis
  • Edelgard and Hubert
  • Dimitri and Dedue
  • Claude and Hilda

8 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Celica and Conrad

That would be really sweet! Especially if their unique conversation continues where their SoV Support left off!

8 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Adult Chrom and Young Lucina

And this would be so adorable!

43 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, and I'd say Ranulf and Mordecai also ended up underwhelming compared to the likes of Lethe, Nailah, Velouria, and Selkie. Well, Mordecai canonically isn't super strong, but Ranulf definitely deserved better when he's always implied to be the strongest cat and probably the strongest beast laguz that isn't a royal.

For me, Mordecai is a great unit. Very good support, and i am just waiting for a Link Sacred Seal to make him perfect. Too bad that he is underwhelming for you, but for me he is great!

I don't care for Ranulf, so whatever.

8 hours ago, daisy jane said:

i thought of you right away. 
you tag me on how you are doing. (and hopefully you will still have enough orbs for other fun stuff!)

Yeah, I'll let you know what my pulls ends up being.

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Why did Karla and Igrene get such ridiculously good treatment while Canas, Conrad, and Haar got fucked over?

Because the former are banner units while the latter are freebies. Compare Percival to Echidna, and Osian to Eyvel.

Banner units tend to be female, and that's because they sell more orbs. I don't like it either, but that's gacha for you.

Just now, Baldrick said:

Because the former are banner units while the latter are freebies. Compare Percival to Echidna, and Osian to Eyvel.

Banner units tend to be female, and that's because they sell more orbs. I don't like it either, but that's gacha for you.

Well, my point is that Canas, Conrad, and Haar didn't need to be freebies in the first place. They could've been on a banner instead. Besides, there are enough freebies who are not underwhelming to prove that those three could've at least been decent. Or had a prf weapon. I mean, is there any reason why Bruunya gets an anti-penalty tome with an Exalted Falchion effect on it, or Kempf gets a pain+flash sword, or Astram has a ridiculous buffing sword with wrath as a B-skill when Conrad (who outscored all of them on CYL, mind you) gets ... shitty barrier lance and arguably inferior art?

Canas was screwed because he was released at a pretty bad time for TT units, yes. Maybe Haar's timing wasn't the best either. But for Conrad, at least, they had absolutely no reason to make him so shitty when he was released around the time of Bruunya and Astram.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, and I'd say Ranulf and Mordecai also ended up underwhelming compared to the likes of Lethe, Nailah, Velouria, and Selkie.

Mordecai is better off than Nailah or Selkie. Mordecai is one of the better support units in the game due to his weapon, whereas Nailah and Selkie don't really have anything to distinguish themselves from other units. Heck, the only thing Nailah really has setting her apart from other units with Myrmidon-like stats is the fact that she comes with Distant Counter and Null C-Disrupt, both skills that she isn't even good at using without support.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

when Conrad (who outscored all of them on CYL, mind you) gets ... shitty barrier lance and arguably inferior art?

But for Conrad, at least, they had absolutely no reason to make him so shitty when he was released around the time of Bruunya and Astram.

Conrad has one of the best defensive stat spreads for cavalry in the game. The only cavalry tanks I'd put above him are Fallen Berkut, Perceval, and Hrid.

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Conrad has one of the best defensive stat spreads for cavalry in the game. The only cavalry tanks I'd put above him are Fallen Berkut, Perceval, and Hrid.

That's probably true, but he just feels super underwhelming -- especially for a character that so many people were clearly fond of. At the very least, he could've had a cool prf lance that did something cool.

I'm also not really big on his art. Which is a shame because I like the other works his artist did. But there's just something about his art that makes him look overwhelmingly MEH.

Edited by Sunwoo

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, and I'd say Ranulf and Mordecai also ended up underwhelming compared to the likes of Lethe, Nailah, Velouria, and Selkie.

I would hardly call Mordecai underwhelming when he is practically the only debuffing Smiter in the whole game. He is not the easiest unit to use, but no other unit can do what he does.

Lethe, Nailah, and Selkie are hardly great. They are good, but they are miles behind the best.

I do agree that there are quite a handful of dudes who are obnoxiously great, but the beasts are in a league of their own, generally, and almost all of them are pretty OP.

There are plenty of random guys who are good that I have listed on the previous page. Like about half the strongest dudes are random dudes.

8 hours ago, XRay said:

I think males and females are about equal now. There are more female units overall, but there are comparable numbers of the strongest males and the strongest females.

Dancers/Singers are completely dominated by females: Azura: Vallite Songstress is the best Dancer/Singer, with second best being Peony, and Plumeria and Triandra will probably be up there too. The next best would probably be Festival in Hoshido Micaiah.

Other support units are dominated by males though. The three best non Dancer/Singer supports who are female are Velouria, Brave Heroes Lucina, and Aversa. Hector: Marqui of Ostia rivals Velouria outside of Aether Raids. M!Corrin, Kaden, Eliwood: Blazing Knight, and Mordecai rivals BH!Lucina and Aversa in stat manipulation. A Monstrous Harvest Hector is your only option as a mobile Bolt Tower. Desert Mercenaries Ephraim might be the only viable blue option for an infantry Galeforce team since that extra movement is crucial. Darkness Within Berkut is the only option for getting his Player Phase allies into Desperation range without needing his allies to get into combat.

The best mages are back to being dominated by females, but you do see some male representation with Hubert (best Counter-Vantage red mage), Reinhardt (best Brave mage cavalry), and A Special Soiree Reinhardt (best Brave mage flier).

Archers on the other hand are dominated by males. The best archer in the game is A Sketchy Summer Takumi. The best cavalry archers are Claude and Leif. There is only male armor archers right now. Alm: Saint King is the best infantry archer, only maybe rivalled by Igrene (red Ophelia) and Lucina: Glorious Archer (long reach).

The strongest beasts are all male: Keaton, Tibarn, Naesala, Yarne, and Caineghis.

While females have the highest Atk/Spd amongst swords, the ones with the best Atk/Spd stat distribution are not the strongest sword units in my opinion; if you want to bring a Desperation nuke or Firesweep-Hit and Run, Blade mages and Firesweep archers are a far better option than melee sword units. Laevatein and Altina are great Counter-Vantage units, but Ares is not that far behind either. With how limited Heavy Blade/Flashing Blade Sacred Seals are, I would argue BH!Roy is the best red Galeforcer when you take a more holistic view and look at all your team composition for Aether Raids.

For lances, the best Galeforcers are all male. Cordelia is beaten by Hot Springs Ryoma. Peri and Summer's Arrival Cordelia are beaten by Sirius, Perceval, and Dimitri. DM!Ephraim is the probably the only viable infantry lance option as mentioned above.

For axes, the best Galeforcers are also all male. Summer's Arrival Innes is the best flying axe Galeforcer. Bridal Bloom Marth and Hares at the Fare Alfonse are your only axe cavalry option. Raven still reigns supreme in the infantry department; Edelgard is second because she requires Heavy Blade Sacred Seal and she is a horrible Wings of Mercy beacon.

I am less familiar with Enemy Phase units, but BH!Ike is probably the best super tank out there. Sharena and Laegjarn are good with countering enemy buffs, but they are no BH!Ike. Fjorm is the only one I can think of who can rival BH!Ike since she is the only mergeable frequent bonus unit and she has really good Res.

But this is kind of ignoring the main issue at hand, which is that I'm not really big on a lot of their choices for alts nowadays. Anna and Eir were both overdue for an alt, yes, but I'm a bit tired of OCs in seasonal banners anyway. Lethe and Selkie aren't bad choices for alts, but I'm not super excited about them personally. Maybe I'm just getting overwhelmed and really tired of all the stupid powercreep and OP skills lately.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Silas got fucked over too and he also debuted in a banner where the rest of the units were OP females. I love how I built my Silas, but I still wish he had a better base kit and all. Oh, and I'd say Ranulf and Mordecai also ended up underwhelming compared to the likes of Lethe, Nailah, Velouria, and Selkie. Well, Mordecai canonically isn't super strong, but Ranulf definitely deserved better when he's always implied to be the strongest cat and probably the strongest beast laguz that isn't a royal.

Not all of everyone's favorites is going to be top tier great units. None of my top personal favorite waifus are top tier either. Anna is completely shit. Lucina is barely useable and definitely not great. Edelgard is alright, but her high bulk and quirky Weapon effect prevents her from being super top tier. However, I am satisfied with Laevatein and Azura: Vallite Songstress being top tier units even if they are not my top favorites.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm also not really big on his art. Which is a shame because I like the other works his artist did. But there's just something about his art that makes him look overwhelmingly MEH.

Still better than Naesala's, which doesn't look like him at all.

4 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

About Distant Ward... not sure about this skill. I mean... it's a Distant Counter skill that doesn't work against all ranged foes. A DW unit will not counterattack bow and dagger foes. The Atk/Res+5 is good, though. I expect Close Ward to be "If sword, lance, axe, beast, bow or dagger foe initiates combat, grants Atk/Def+5 to unit during combat and unit can counterattack regardless of foe's range".

Distant Ward is a very good Distant Counter skill for melee units with high Def that dont give a F*** about dagger or bow units. As in they have lower Res. Zephiel for example can benefit from this Skill very good with his personal weapon! His downfall is res.

38 minutes ago, XRay said:

There are plenty of random guys who are good that I have listed on the previous page. Like about half the strongest dudes are random dudes.

Not all of everyone's favorites is going to be top tier great units. None of my top personal favorite waifus are top tier either. Anna is completely shit. Lucina is barely useable and definitely not great. Edelgard is alright, but her high bulk and quirky Weapon effect prevents her from being super top tier. However, I am satisfied with Laevatein and Azura: Vallite Songstress being top tier units even if they are not my top favorites.

Those guys are good in what they do, yeah, but I don't know if I'd agree with them being THE ABSOLUTE BEST of their weapon/move types, especially since how people play is subjective anyway. Perhaps my play style doesn't use Galeforcers and it still works for me. In which case being a good Galeforce unit may be of value for people who play that way but not necessarily for me.

I also wouldn't call most of the beasts "random dudes". Kaden, Tibarn, Caineghis, Keaton, and Ranulf were all within top 82. Ranulf was even second highest of the beasts behind Selkie. Tibarn and Caineghis are also plot-relevant and important, being powerful laguz kings canonically. Berkut isn't that random either, he's an important antagonist and foil and relative to one of the game's main lords and scored within top 100.

Also, at this point I don't care about my favorites being top tier great units. I want my favorites to be IN THE FUCKING GAME ALREADY.

35 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Still better than Naesala's, which doesn't look like him at all.

Yeah, Naesala's art is meh too. At least beast units are hard to fuck up in terms of gameplay.

Edited by Sunwoo

12 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Those guys are good in what they do, yeah, but I don't know if I'd agree with them being THE ABSOLUTE BEST of their weapon/move types, especially since how people play is subjective anyway. Perhaps my play style doesn't use Galeforcers and it still works for me. In which case being a good Galeforce unit may be of value for people who play that way but not necessarily for me.

In terms of nuking power and ease of use, ranged units are superior to melee units. I do not care what stat distribution or fancy skill the latest sword units have, they are still going to be shit relative to ranged units since being able to attack from a distance is so crucial. The only thing left that distinguishes melee units from ranged units is their ability to Galeforce; and for some red melee units, they can also compete effectively with ranged units for the Counter-Vantage role.

I am not too familiar with the Enemy Phase side of things, so I cannot think of any random dudes for that play style.

14 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I also wouldn't call most of the beasts "random dudes". Kaden, Tibarn, Caineghis, Keaton, and Ranulf were all within top 82. Ranulf was even second highest of the beasts behind Selkie. Tibarn and Caineghis are also plot-relevant and important, being powerful laguz kings canonically. Berkut isn't that random either, he's an important antagonist and foil and relative to one of the game's main lords and scored within top 100.

They are not super minor characters, but at least they are not the main protagonists and are not Fates royals.

11 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

I LOVE Naesala’s art 😞 

It looks absolutely nothing like Naesala, though. Naesala is supposed to have small, beady eyes, a large nose with a high bridge, and the most untrustworthy face imaginable for a good guy. His Heroes art has none of that.

32 minutes ago, XRay said:

In terms of nuking power and ease of use, ranged units are superior to melee units. I do not care what stat distribution or fancy skill the latest sword units have, they are still going to be shit relative to ranged units since being able to attack from a distance is so crucial. The only thing left that distinguishes melee units from ranged units is their ability to Galeforce; and for some red melee units, they can also compete effectively with ranged units for the Counter-Vantage role.

I am not too familiar with the Enemy Phase side of things, so I cannot think of any random dudes for that play style.

They are not super minor characters, but at least they are not the main protagonists and are not Fates royals.

I mean, okay, but I make my units work regardless and I don't always value the same things other players do and it still works for me. So whatever.

They're still not exactly "random" characters though. What I'd call random is someone like Lugh or Bartre or Beowulf. If they didn't exist, it wouldn't change the ultimate story of the game, nor are they canonically known as exceptional powerhouses who'd have a lore reason to be powerful. I don't think any of them are overwhelmingly popular either, although Lugh may have been decently higher up especially for a Binding Blade unit.

Edited by Sunwoo

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

It looks absolutely nothing like Naesala, though. Naesala is supposed to have small, beady eyes, a large nose with a high bridge, and the most untrustworthy face imaginable for a good guy. His Heroes art has none of that.

I do agree with this, Naesala's face feels so off compared to what it looks like in Senri Kita's art. I don't care for his Heroes art nearly as much because of this.

53 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

i' m surprised we havent get atk spd solo 4 now despite all these units with atk spd solo 3

That's because the release of Atk/Spd Solo 3 was the reason why tier 4 Atk/Spd skills exist in the first place.

When Atk/Spd Solo 3 was released, it immediately made Life and Death, Swift Sparrow, Atk/Spd Bond, and Atk/Spd Push obsolete by giving a larger stat boost while having an extremely lenient condition. Atk/Spd Solo 3 is the reference point used for balancing the other tier 4 Atk/Spd skills.

We're more likely to see Atk/Spd Form 4 soon than Atk/Spd Solo 4 ever.