What is everyone's thoughts on CYL?

Votes for CYL in general  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe the Lords of each game should be voted for in CYL?

• Yes, they deserve a chance to get a another alt.
    • No, then it turns into "Which Lord?" instead of "Which character?".
  2. 2. Do you typically vote for the Lords during the CYL voting thing?

• Yes, I love them
    • Yes, only cause they are the only votes that matter.
    • No, because my favorite isn't a Lord
    • No, because I hate the CYL event

3 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

I’m just some kind of fascinating wild creature to observe for your own amusement, aren’t I? Oh well not something I’ll lose sleep over.

Sorry. I didn't actually mean that in an offensive way; it's just that this thread has basically become discussing Severa vs. Cordelia and whatnot. It wasn't even targeted towards you, actually.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, AvatarofDiscord said:

I’d also argue it’s a worse problem when people overblow the problems in the first place

It's a problem when positive/negative opinions go too far towards the extremes.  Then it means I have to do my job, instead of just comment on random things.

2 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Okay now that comment I’ll admit comes off as a bit accusatory but I don’t see how my lust for Kronya comes off as problematic. Unless you’re talking about that other comment earlier in this thread well that was just me meming. If I use “man of culture” or whatever unironically, I would want someone to slap me. 

I'm gonna PM you regarding this.  Need to do some quote collecting.

Just now, Benice said:

Sorry. I didn't actually mean that in an offensive way; it's just that this thread has basically become discussing Severa vs. Cordelia and whatnot. It wasn't even targeted towards you, actually.

And I apologize for accusing you as such. I realize now my words could’ve been preceived as a bit passive aggressive. I didn’t mean anything terrible by it. It’s just an odd trust issue habit I’ve picked up so I’m sorry

2 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

And I apologize for accusing you as such. I realize now my words could’ve been preceived as a bit passive aggressive. I didn’t mean anything terrible by it. It’s just an odd trust issue habit I’ve picked up so I’m sorry

Don't worry about it; I'm more concerened with hurting others than myself. I apologize for bringing the whole thing up anyways.

19 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I'm gonna PM you regarding this.  Need to do some quote collecting.

A part of me wants to ask for the PM messages in case that chat goes bad, but I feel like I shouldn't

Edited by AvatarofDiscord
Didnt know how to cross out text

10 hours ago, AvatarofDiscord said:

A part of me wants to ask for the PM messages in case that chat goes bad, but I feel like I shouldn't

Funny there was someone bold enough to say what I was thinking.

Not our business, it is.

13 hours ago, Benice said:

Either way, I don't belove that how many alts people have in FEH dictates how popular they are, nor does it define which is "superior" to others. Camilla has a ton of alts, but she's not really that popular anymore, nor do many people consider her "good". Jill isn't in the game, and she's widely popular and is generally considered a "good" character.

Camilla is very popular as she has consistently scored very high in CYL and won CYL3. Not sure how you can conclude that Jill is more popular than Camilla. 

11 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Camilla is very popular as she has consistently scored very high in CYL and won CYL3. Not sure how you can conclude that Jill is more popular than Camilla. 

She is significantly less popular now due to her 90.5 alts. I didn't say she was unpopular; I said she was less popular. You have to admit, more people are pushing for Jill to get into FEH than Camilla to get another alt. I do see what you mean, though.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

She is significantly less popular now due to her 90.5 alts. I didn't say she was unpopular; I said she was less popular. You have to admit, more people are pushing for Jill to get into FEH than Camilla to get another alt. I do see what you mean, though.

While I am not pushing for another Camilla alt, personally, I much rather have another Camilla alt over most other units. I cannot really fit both my Camfinity and Lynfinity Gauntlets in Aether Resort, but if they complete Camilla Gauntlet, I can fit all 8 Camillas and 4 F!Corrins into Aether Resort so it looks much neater.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

You have to admit, more people are pushing for Jill to get into FEH than Camilla to get another alt.

Yes, but that is also entirely irrelevant when comparing the overall popularity of the two. In fact, that’s just a “no shit, Sherlock” statement.

That and there is the fact that, you know, one of them is in FEH seven times while the other still isn’t in the game at all. You seriously mean to tell me that the latter is more popular than the former with that in mind?

Okay fine, I still stand by my intial statement even if I'm legally stupid. If you're going to keep telling me that I'm factually wrong, please do so internally since it's fairly clear already that I don't have two brain cells to rub together and I'm not really worth cluttering up this thread.

45 minutes ago, Benice said:

Okay fine, I still stand by my intial statement even if I'm legally stupid. If you're going to keep telling me that I'm factually wrong, please do so internally since it's fairly clear already that I don't have two brain cells to rub together and I'm not really worth cluttering up this thread.

Your points were good honestly, it responded to the other point well imo