Forging Bonds: Harmony amid Chaos (March 6th - March 20th)

Forging Bonds: Harmony amid Chaos is coming on March 6th!

ChcBFwf.png

The stars of this Forging Bonds Event are Ferdinand, Lysithea, Bernadetta, and Annette, the new Heroes from the Harmony amid Chaos Banner.

blviJft.png

In Forging Bonds, SP and Hero Merit earned in battle are doubled, so use this opportunity to train your most needed units. 

Starting on this Forging Bonds event, we are also getting Divine Code: Ephemera 3 which can be compiled in limited-time Combat Manuals!

And here is the Multipliers Schedule:

QEqJC44.png
I hope you enjoy the new stories featured by these Heroes!

Ferdinant could be a good conversation partner for Alfonse due to being the noblest of noblest. Either Alfonse continues his quest to learn about leadership or very much doesn't want to learn from Ferdinant but gets forced to listen either way. Sharena could also work due to both being very positive. 

I think Fjorm might get to talk to Lysithea. The Forging bonds depict her as more shy and wholesome. The perfect candidate for Lysithea to bully!. Fjorm innocently mistaking Lysithea for a kid and getting torn a new one for it seems likely. 

Annette could get an absentee dad theme where she talks to absent fathers. Greil for being dead, Rudolf for being a deadbeat dad like her own father and maybe the overly strict Gustaf. 

Xander is supposedly very intimidating so he could work as a conversation partner for Bernie.

17 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Annette could get an absentee dad theme where she talks to absent fathers. Greil for being dead, Rudolf for being a deadbeat dad like her own father and maybe the overly strict Gustaf. 

Annette could also interact with Azura or Shigure, those two being singers. 

Okay, these accessories are super cute! The hat looks tricky to pull off, considering how big some of the unit’s hair sprites can be lol. The bear pin and music note are adorable, though. And if the plant is a hat, I’m most excited for it!

I can see Bernie meeting “scary-but-friendly” people like Helbindi.

Ferdie has a competition with the other noblest of nobles, aka a repeat of his support with Lorenz.

Annie’s could go either the dad way, or the music/trying so hard way.

Lysithea BETTER meet Gaius or Lute... clash of the sweet teeth or the prodigies, please!

Give me those feathers and tickets:)  I really hope that the tickets can get me a Ferdinand without using orbs since I don't have many right now.  

So it seems Ferdinant von Aegir got snubbed two times. First they made him the demode and now they force him to have a boring Avatar support. Its quite a shame since Lyn would have been the perfect conversation partner for him. 

Am I missing something? Is there a reason why IS would try to smuggle the boring Avatar supports back into Forging Bonds? As I recall most people applauded when they fixed Forging Bonds by replacing Avatar-sempei worship with something substantial but IS seems intent on falling back on bad habbits. 

Oh joy, Ferdinand is talking to a wall for his support. Why not Fjorm? She's a princess of Nifl and who can't be nobler than that for Ferdinand? The best and worst part is he asks about the nobles of Fire Emblem... If only Fjorm could have stumbled her way into another support. Or Eir. Remember when Eir existed? Now that I thought about it, another good option would be Laevatein if not Hrid or Ylgr. Laevatein's kind of there, but Ferdinand could instill in her some beliefs she could take to heart. Maybe she could be reminded of her sister with Ferdinand's views of what it means to be noble.

Edited by Kaden

Well, this is an amusingly fitting FB result for me so far. A few hundred points for Ferdinand, Lysithea, and Annette. Zero for Bernadetta. Bernie really doesn't care for social stuff!

Neither do I, Bernie. Neither do I. I can't blame ya.

I also kinda relate to Lysithea on the "not wanting to be treated like a child" thing though. Except in my case, it isn't because of my age at this point since I'm 29 in two months. My problem is that I still LOOK like a kid, so people mistakenly treat me like one or call me one.

Edited by Anacybele

The writting is going well so far. I am just not a huge fan of the conversations between the character and the Summoner.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I also kinda relate to Lysithea on the "not wanting to be treated like a child" thing though. Except in my case, it isn't because of my age at this point since I'm 29 in two months. My problem is that I still LOOK like a kid, so people mistakenly treat me like one or call me one.

Ana is the Orphan confirmed.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Uh...? I believe I missed the joke here.

Orphan is a 2009 psychological horror film. The plot centers on a couple who, after the death of their unborn child, adopt a mysterious nine-year-old girl named Esther. However:

Spoiler

Esther is actually a 33-year-old woman. She has hypopituitarism, a rare hormonal disorder that stunted her physical growth and caused proportional dwarfism, and has spent most of her life posing as a little girl.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

4 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Orphan is a 2009 psychological horror film. The plot centers on a couple who, after the death of their unborn child, adopt a mysterious nine-year-old girl named Esther. However:

Hide contents

Esther is actually a 33-year-old woman. She has hypopituitarism, a rare hormonal disorder that stunted her physical growth and caused proportional dwarfism, and has spent most of her life posing as a little girl.

Oh, I see. I've never heard of this movie. I definitely don't have any disorders like that, just saying.

I've obtained two tickets from this FB so far. Two to go. I definitely want to get my hands on both teddy bear accessories too, so both my Freddys can wear them!

This Forging Bonds is kinda not good imo.

Also, after seeing Bernadetta's supports and what she's like in the opening, I have no idea how she got to third place in CYL. She really annoyed me.

Edited by Sunwoo

3 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

This Forging Bonds is kinda not good imo.

Also, after seeing Bernadetta's supports and what she's like in the opening, I have no idea how she got to third place in CYL. She really annoyed me.

She develops a lot more in Three Houses, and is generally a much more confident character during the War Phase.

Is it just me or did this FB feel extremely one dimensional and dull. Ferdinand’s especially is just not good. Like the thing is the FB isn’t even charming or funny. Like Orsen’s may not be that deep but at least it had some funny interactions with AXE in it. This one doesn’t even have that. 

I will say that this does feel like the lowest amount of effort they have put into a FB in some time.

Most of the character stories just retread the same topics from Three Houses (Bernie's anxiety, Annette's cooking, Lysithea's attitude, etc) and the main story boils down to chasing Bernie around which is yet another retread from Three Houses. And even interaction from other characters was drastically reduced. For some reason, they have Ferdinand reiterating his conversations with other different nobles to Kiran instead of showing the conversation themselves.

Even the Askr trio don't get anything special out of it and I think this is the first one in some time that Fjorm was completely excluded from (I think. There are a couple conversations I haven't gotten to yet).

Kind of feels like something they wanted done before lunch.

Edited by Sentinel07

1 hour ago, Sentinel07 said:

Kind of feels like something they wanted done before lunch.

More-or-less.  The best part about this IMO is that Anna actually appears in a conversation.

Ferdinand's was especially irritating.  Why NOT show those conversations instead of him just talking to the summoner?

I've never felt more connected to Kiran then upon hearing he thought to introduce Ferdinand to his BFF Oliver. Of course I'd love it if I could have seen such offscreen conversations take place in front of me. Did Kiran just leave after the opening how-do-you-do? Kiran is that "friend" who dumps a stranger onto you at a party before leaving to mingle elsewhere. What am I, a babysitter? Let's all chat together, at least.

I also reject the idea of all my Heroes having their own rooms as suggested by Bernadetta locking herself in one. They're barracks, not dorms. All of you get a cot just three feet away from your roommates.