Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Shrimp's Manga List

now you can all take a jab at my taste xD

Ngl, i'm surprised to see a good chunk of your manga list be Isekai/reincarnation manga, of which a good portion seem to have villaness protagonists.

I mean, i'm not one to talk, up until recently, i used to watch Isekai anime, not neccisarily because they were good but because i wanted to make fun of them (though there were actual good ones). This likely contributed to my burnout.

Anyways

>Wotakoi

075.jpg

I'm not really a manga reader, i've read a few in the past, but the only ones i can say i'm currently reading are Love is War and JoJo Part 8. Though i'm also reading Yona of the Dawn but since it's monthly and isn't JoJo, i like to wait like a year or so that chapters stack up. 

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I pick up manga very easily, however i drop them also easily.

I mean, manga are pretty easy to pick up and drop. Whereas with anime, you sometimes wanna wait a few episodes to see if you're into it, you can read like 15 chapters of a manga quickly and then decide.

I've made it to the Earth Temple in Origami King, which is the first major dungeon. First impressions:

• Even at the start, accessories are expensive as fuck. I had 6000 coins when the accessory shop unlocked and after buying the only two avaliable accessories, i was down to 2000. This is just the beginning so i can't imagine how expensive things get later. In other words, it looks like they got the money balance right for this type of game.
  • FISHING! And it works exactly like how it does in Zelda games.
  • Olivia seems to be a charming companion.
  • Dialouge in general has been pretty good so far.
  • All that said, this game has a Twilight Princess-tier opening. No, i don't have to fish for two hours but it's generally felt very slow so far and the beginning is really hand-holdy. I know it's Mario but c'mon.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yeah... they kinda dropped the ball with that guy, ngl. He was built up to be a big time villain, but then...
nothing. Was a bit of a shame.

They dropped the ball with everyone and everything. Not just him

Like, i used to be a pretty big NaruHina shipper back then (oh the memories xD) but even i admit they was it was done was bleh

just as an example

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ngl, i'm surprised to see a good chunk of your manga list be Isekai/reincarnation manga, of which a good portion seem to have villaness protagonists.

Hehe. As i said earlier,  i love Otome isekai. They are generally much more enjoyable than normal ones, imo.

Alot of the isekai i picked up also are like ''junk food''. Something to read when nothing else is to be done xD

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Whereas with anime, you sometimes wanna wait a few episodes to see if you're into it, you can read like 15 chapters of a manga quickly and then decide.

yeah. It's also why i don'T watch that much anime anymore. I rather play games XD.

Manga i usually read on bed when i can't sleep haha.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I've made it to the Earth Temple in Origami King, which is the first major dungeon. First impressions:

• Even at the start, accessories are expensive as fuck. I had 6000 coins when the accessory shop unlocked and after buying the only two avaliable accessories, i was down to 2000. This is just the beginning so i can't imagine how expensive things get later. In other words, it looks like they got the money balance right for this type of game.
  • FISHING! And it works exactly like how it does in Zelda games.
  • Olivia seems to be a charming companion.
  • Dialouge in general has been pretty good so far.
  • All that said, this game has a Twilight Princess-tier opening. No, i don't have to fish for two hours but it's generally felt very slow so far and the beginning is really hand-holdy. I know it's Mario but c'mon.

they should've just made it paper Zelda then xD

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

They dropped the ball with everyone and everything. Not just him

Like, i used to be a pretty big NaruHina shipper back then (oh the memories xD) but even i admit they was it was done was bleh

just as an example

I will forever say that I loved The Last. That movie was great.
Granted the first Shippuden movie was better, but still.

---

Speakin' of memories:

Unironically one of the best ending themes in anime.

EdqLG2VXoAEycLY.png?width=455&height=431

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Hehe. As i said earlier,  i love Otome isekai. They are generally much more enjoyable than normal ones, imo.

What does Otome actually mean, anyway?

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Manga i usually read on bed when i can't sleep haha.

I usually read manga when i want to continue what was setup in the anime. But even then, it doesn't happen a lot haha.

Honestly, i think what it is is that i just wish manga was colorized. JoJo is in color but only because of a fan-project and even though i would've read it anyway, it made me realize how much more appealing manga is in color. I understand why manga aren't in color though, it's not like comic books where you can generally take your time.

I'm the same with movies and TV shows. I'm into Kaiju stuff and Doctor Who, both of which have their roots in black and white. But it's more appealing to watch in color.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

they should've just made it paper Zelda then xD

Tbh.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Glasses wearing Rin teaching Illya xD

Oh! I thought that was a gag spin-off or something for a second. XD
Yeah, I laughed when she suddenly had glasses on (where did she get them, anyhow? lol), but I honestly forgot to screenshot them.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Otome means "maiden", according to a Japanese dictionary I have (which is actually just a website)

Here's a wikipedia article on what otome games are (I share this not because I'm lazy, but because there's quite a lot to them, apparently):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otome_game

Fun fact: Koei is credited with making the first one to exist.

Edited by DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

EdqLG2VXoAEycLY.png?width=455&height=431

Kirby the chadest of MCs

Kirby is also a FE lord

Otome gams are those where the girl is the MC and the boys are the capture targets

reverse Galge, so to say.

I usually read manga when i want to continue what was setup in the anime.

It does happen from time to time as well. Like Kaguya.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Yeah, I laughed when she suddenly had glasses on (where did she get them, anyhow? lol), but I honestly forgot to screenshot them

yeah. You said a few hours ago i am the Rin to your Illya, right? xD

yeah. You said a few hours ago i am the Rin to your Illya, right? xD

Yup! I did say that, because the parallel just came to mind. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Otome means "maiden", according to a Japanese dictionary I have.

Huh. That explains a lot then.

Otome gams are those where the girl is the MC and the boys are the capture targets

Isn't that just reverse harem? I was under the impression that they were seperate genres (though i suppose nothing stops them from being in the same story).

Kirby the chadest of MCs

Kirby be like: "you caused me to drop my sandwich, you will now die".

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Do you remember which chapter it was?

EDIT: It was chapter 2!
I remember it clearly now!

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Huh. That explains a lot then.

Indeed it does.
Blue Lions really is the "otome route".

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Isn't that just reverse harem? I was under the impression that they were seperate genres (though i suppose nothing stops them from being in the same story).

yeah, but thankfully how alot of the Otome Isekai manga handle them it doesn't go that way

except for Bakarina, but Bakarina is just hilarious. 

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I think it was either chapter 2 or 3.

nyaruhodo

When a game, or any media really, refers to being Otome, or Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen, etc. It refers to who the game was designed for.

So an Otome game is a game designed for women. Adult women usually.

Don't think this restrict what the media can be about, usually.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

When a game, or any media really, refers to being Otome, or Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen, etc. It refers to who the game was designed for.

So an Otome game is a game designed for women. Adult women usually.

That's Josei

That's Josei

Different angle. Otome is "maiden", which could include young adults. Can't be Shoujo as thats' for young girls, usually teens.

Playing some Dragon Quest V on the side.
Gotta say, the game is excrutiatingly slow, but I blame the DS emulator for that. That thing runs like a snail, I swear.
Anyway, some of the enemy names are just incredible. One in particular stands out from the rest, however:

Bona Constrictor

If you didn't get it, just say that name out loud. Just make sure you're alone when you do.
And yes, I think this is funny, because I am a very mature person with very mature humor.

English not being my native language, I'll admit some of those puns can fly overhead due to not always knowing how is it meant to be pronounced.

Like that one. Bow-nah? Boh-nay? Bow-nay? Boh-nah? Yeah.

And also because sometimes I just don't get what the pun is supposed to be of. Like that one. Boa Constrictor as a skeleton, I'd guess, since it's serpentine.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

English not being my native language, I'll admit some of those puns can fly overhead due to not always knowing how is it meant to be pronounced.

Like that one. Bow-nah? Boh-nay? Yeah.

And also because sometimes I just don't get what the pun is supposed to be of. Like that one.

It sounds like 'boner', which is... you know.

Edited by DragonFlames