Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

One thing I forgot to mention earlier...can I just say how great the opening to Sky SC is? Because it is. The song is catchy and the animation is so nice. I liked FC's a lot, but this one is made even better by how good the song is. Maybe I appreciate things like that in games a bit too much, but hey, I like good music. What can I say?

All Trails OPs are good (well except Cold Steel 1's, i don't really like that one that much).

The animation on the OPs improves a lot for Cold Steel 3 and 4, so that's nice. And then Hajimare made the choice to have the OP exclusively be 3D models instead of 2D animation which......alright, i guess they wanted to take advantage of the fact that they started using mocap ever since Ys 9. But OPs are always better when it's 2D animation as opposed to 3D, unless it's the first four JoJo OPs.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Twinbarrel Autocannon. Kurodil usually opens up with that. 

Both Morag and Tora have accessories that start them off with major aggro. Morag also has a crit-heal accessory.

Everyone has pouch items that increase Art and Special recharge rates and Nia has a pouch item that increases Party Gauge rate. But even with that, thanks to the parameters i set in Custom, recharge Artes for Party Gauge and Specials is still pretty slow. Even the Lv.4 Specials. which automatically charge up, take a while to reach.

Yeah, that's it!

I'm not sure the aggro accessory is needed, assuming you switch to Corvin, he draws aggro like a demon. I think replacing that with a damage dealing accessory is best to heal more + draw more aggro of course. 

Aux cores:

I would recommend an ultimate guard setup for Corvin. Get his block rate up to 85% I think?  That's when below 30% health only though. Still amazing on Corvin for bolstering tanking. 

Shulk: hmmm how do you have him setup? More offence based or defense? Since he can play both.

If you are going to try Fiora, anything to raise damage/critical rate is great of course.

Laides and gentlemen, i have found the King Kong section

74871007_p0_master1200.png?width=288&hei

Source

68331500_p0_master1200.png?width=431&hei

Source

72579512_p0_master1200.png?width=422&hei

Source

53271762_p0_master1200.png?width=610&hei

Source

That last one is unfortunately outdated as Godzilla vs Kong got pushed back to next year. And still no trailer.

60987394_p0.png?width=1025&height=385

Not King Kong but damn, out of all the Godzilla fanart on Pixiv, i feel like Shin Godzilla consistently has the rawest fanart, with King of the Monsters in second place. Just goes to show how good ShinGoji's design is and it's a damn shame they probably aren't gonna use it again. 

Source.

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I'm not sure the aggro accessory is needed, assuming you switch to Corvin, he draws aggro like a demon. I think replacing that with a damage dealing accessory is best to heal more + draw more aggro of course.

I just wanna make sure i have all the aggro drawn to me and Tora. Kurodil aggroing on Nia would be very bad.

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Shulk: hmmm how do you have him setup? More offence based or defense? Since he can play both.

Tbh, i don't think i need to set up Shulk properly. He's only gonna be used until the switch recharge on Corvin is complete. Shulk will basically be a free evasion for like the first minute of the fight.

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I just wanna make sure i have all the aggro drawn to me and Tora. Kurodil aggroing on Nia would be very bad.

Tbh, i don't think i need to set up Shulk properly. He's only gonna be used until the switch recharge on Corvin is complete. Shulk will basically be a free evasion for like the first minute of the fight.

True, but with Corvin I doubt that would happen.

That's something you can take advantage of quite a bit, with the right setup of course.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Gin no ishi

KIN NO TSUBASA!

I time stamped something for you!

Thanks. Sounds just as amazing live as the recorded version. Looks like they had a lot of fun with it too. Nice.

I'll have to listen to the whole concert sometime.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Btw you already heard the non Lyric version of the SC op in FC, during a certain hard fight 😉

Yeah, an awesome theme to go with a memorable fight for sure.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

All Trails OPs are good (well except Cold Steel 1's, i don't really like that one that much).

The animation on the OPs improves a lot for Cold Steel 3 and 4, so that's nice. And then Hajimare made the choice to have the OP exclusively be 3D models instead of 2D animation which......alright, i guess they wanted to take advantage of the fact that they started using mocap ever since Ys 9. But OPs are always better when it's 2D animation as opposed to 3D, unless it's the first four JoJo OPs.

Yeah, I definitely prefer 2D animation for OPs, like with 3H's OP. The anime style looks so good.

----------

@Julian Teehee I played your levels. They're great and tightly designed, but I couldn't beat them. Did I mention I'm bad at platformers?

You mentioned something about a cheat in the one level, but I don't think I got far enough to find what it was.

Edited by twilitfalchion

31 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I played your levels. They're great and tightly designed, but I couldn't beat them. Did I mention I'm bad at platformers?

You mentioned something about a cheat in the one level, but I don't think I got far enough to find what it was.

Didn't he say they were designed to be like brutal Mario levels? You know what you were walking into, yeah?

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Didn't he say they were designed to be like brutal Mario levels? You know what you were walking into, yeah?

Yeah, I expected a challenge, but I thought I at least had a chance at beating them, lol. The timing required is so tight that it's beyond my ability. But they're still very good levels regardless.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Yeah, I expected a challenge, but I thought I at least had a chance at beating them, lol. The timing required is so tight that it's beyond my ability. But they're still very good levels regardless.

Welcome to Brutal Mario style levels! That's just how they are. Not my cup of tea, personally, but I see a lot of people like to test their skills, which is fine.

Ultra Annihalation Flare

IMG_20200605_141552.jpg

Why? Why can Kurodi do that even after i dispel Enrgage? It's not fair man. That's literally the one thing between me and victory.

Deadass just considering doing this solo so i don't have to worry about keeping my other party members alive. Fight would take a lot longer obviously but is it worth?

Thinking about how this song was used as a menu theme.

Fun fact, Melancholia wasn't composed for Xenoblade X. It already existed in one of Sawano's albums, he simply just reused that song here. Can't blame him, song bangs.

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Deadass just considering doing this solo so i don't have to worry about keeping my other party members alive. Fight would take a lot longer obviously but is it worth?

Have you not paid attention to all those XCX superboss vids? Not caring about the other characters during those things is perfectly normal there. It is far less so in XC2, but with an optimized kit I can see forgetting about the others as acceptable for the super challenges.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Thinking about how this song was used as a menu theme.

I have noticed it in an Affinity Mission or two. One instance: 

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Have you not paid attention to all those XCX superboss vids? Not caring about the other characters during those things is perfectly normal there. It is far less so in XC2, but with an optimized kit I can see forgetting about the others as acceptable for the super challenges.

Well the main difference there is that X doesn't have Custom difficulty. But you're right, i might be able to fare better if i solo, even with the parameters stacked against me.

I'm debating if i should swap out Shulk for Elma. I'd like to take advantage of the Overdrive buffs but with the current Custom parameters, Party Gauge gains are gonna be very slow, even with pouch items. I'll test it out tomorow.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I have noticed it in an Affinity Mission or two

Oh yeah, i'm aware that it does play in a few Affinity Mission cutscenes, i just find it hilarious they use it on a menu that can easily be ignored if you don't care for the online.

I have found snippets of everyone's Japanese VAs. Lin... wow, probably nothing out of the ordinary for Japanese, but she sounds like she's younger than 13, not good for her. And by Western standards, Phog sounds like he could be voiced by a woman to me (I rarely play games with Japanese VAs enabled if I have the option).

On the positive side, L's eccentricity sounds present. Though I wish I knew his linguistic oddities and word shuffles in Japanese, that had to undergo localization. I'm especially curious about the "asscaves", what would Japan have instead for this half-swear phrase when Japanese swearing doesn't exist so much?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I have made some thoughts about past night (since I was unable to sleep until 2 AM) since I apparently pissed people off. First of all it's right that I post(es) a lot about Trails. But then again I never forced anyone here to play this (the former tag in this thread shouldn't be taken seriously). If it was misunderstood, then my bad! Sorry for that! Otherwise there's nothing me and any other person here has to justify much less to apologize for. Everyone may like and discuss whatever they want. And by talking about certain series new people here have been introduced into new game series. When I joined Serenes Forest I knew literally nothing aside of Fire Emblem. Thanks to HHH and former LTPW I got into contact with tons of great JRPG series and I am absolutely thankful for it. And of course not everyone can get into a new series. It happens! I also tried vainly to get into Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest and Ys. But it doesn't bother me, if people talk about it because they have the right to do it. That's all I wanted to say. This topic ia over now!

Good morning btw

Dante from Devil May Cry is returning for the Nocturne HD Remaster after all!

...But you will have to spend 980 yen, or ~$9.00 USD, for him to replace Raidou Kuzunoha. Thanks for the license cost Crapcom.

And they've fixed his one little flaw- they added Pierce to the effects of Son's Oath, the dude won't be junk for the TDE final boss now.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer