Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I can definitely say that I’m glad people talk about what they love. Not only it is great to see other people enjoying what they enjoy, but without people talking about games they love, I wouldn’t have discovered Trails or Ys, two series that I find myself wanting to either continue playing or get into in the first place. Who knows? I may find even more series that I’ll enjoy if people keep chatting about what they like, and maybe I can do the same for them by talking about what I like. It’s a positive experience all around.

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

So in an attempt to break free from my anime burnout, i decided to watch K-On. I was originally gonna watch the KyoAni Chuuni show but i heard it was kinda divisive and while i'm sure i probably would like it, i also didn't want to potentially have my anime comeback be through a show i might end up disliking, because all that would do is make the burnout continue. So K-On is the much safer choice.

14 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I can definitely say that I’m glad people talk about what they love.

Then why u shame my Florina harem.

Aha! I did it ! I did it! Finished AoM's campaign! Third time was the charm!

I just had to play defensively. Turns out the enemy doesn't send as strong attack groups if I don't start destroying its buildings and stuff just yet. So played defensively, built up my army, then did the objectives. Was a breeze the final part. More of a formality at that point really. Ah...

Well, there's a few campaigns more to do, those added by the expansions. Though that's for next time.

@twilitfalchion @Shrimperor

Would you mind to give me a short feedback about my stage(s) you played?

I'm still a beginner and would like to improve.

The posted stages are pretty monotonous by having very few variation regarding enemies and platforming.

Making another stage right now with a little more features.

Edited by Julian Teehee

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

So in an attempt to break free from my anime burnout, i decided to watch K-On. I was originally gonna watch the KyoAni Chuuni show but i heard it was kinda divisive and while i'm sure i probably would like it, i also didn't want to potentially have my anime comeback be through a show i might end up disliking, because all that would do is make the burnout continue. So K-On is the much safer choice.

Hope you enjoy yourself!
If nothing else, the music is awesome.

On a side note, Love, Chuunibyo & Other Delusions is to this day one of my favorite anime.
But I haven't seen too many, so... yeah. XD

---

It rained a little when I woke up.
It's all humid again and I feel like I'm sitting underwater, but at least it has cooled off a little bit.
EDdoJ0G.jpg

5 hours ago, Julian Teehee said:

I need power ups because i am a scrub xD

Tbf i am not that good at precision levels haha (I take Kaizos over them any day). I still need beat your 2nd and 3rd level  (Estelle & Tio) as i only took a small look at them.

Don't worry, I needed 20-30 tries to beat these levels.

I thought Kaizoo levels require a very high precision.

So you prefer more "freedom" in the areas like room to breathe?

I made another one.

Spoiler

96D-8FB-KXF

Don't recommend to play it though because you must reach a certain area in a certain time limit not to get screwed by the enemies.

Edit: Is it possible to make vertical scrolling platforms like in the second part of castle #3 in Super Mario World?

Edited by Julian Teehee

Just now, Julian Teehee said:

Yeah, i like to jump around and stuff. While Kaizos definitely require high precision, the breathing room makes it easier for me.

It's all a matter of preference though (that i can only beat "lite" Kaizo levels, 1-5% clear rate xD).

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

I was originally gonna watch the KyoAni Chuuni show but i heard it was kinda divisive

Huh

It's usually loved though. This is the first time i ever hear it's divisive

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

EDdoJ0G.jpg

For some reason i imagine her having Velvet's VA

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

For some reason i imagine her having Velvet's VA

That would be awesome! And very fitting, too!
Sadly, the games are Japanese VA only.

---

I've been playing some Trails in the Sky FC and I'm currently infiltrating the Sky Bandit hideout.
Calling it now: that Richard person is a villain.
Also
v6hhxOM.png
Schera, you would not like CS2.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

v6hhxOM.png
Schera, you would not like CS2.

Falcom was warning us all along xD

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Why are so many games going to this? Is it weird that i'm not a fan of JP only VA?

English dub can be expensive

That and alot of peeps tend to dislike em

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Why are so many games going to this?

I imagine it has to do with the localizers not having the budget to pay the English voice actors.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Is it weird that i'm not a fan of JP only VA?

No, not at all.
I personally don't mind either way.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Falcom was warning us all along xD

"Hey, this is what it's going to be. Do you want out? ... No? Your funeral..." ~ Falcom, probably XD

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

English dub can be expensive

That and alot of peeps tend to dislike em

I suppose that's one fair point.

Really? I didn't know that! The only JP voice I prefer is Marth in Smash.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I imagine it has to do with the localizers not having the budget to pay the English voice actors.

No, not at all.
I personally don't mind either way.

Again, that's a fair point, although it's kinda sad it has to be that way.

To me, I can't really gather the feelings the character is supposed to have if I can't understand them properly.

14 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

To me, I can't really gather the feelings the character is supposed to have if I can't understand them properly.

Makes sense to me!

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Except for Nep

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Huh, that's interesting, I thought they did a really great job with that games voicing.

Megadimension Neptunia VII and Cyberdimension Neptunia have awesome English dubs, to be fair (Cyberdimension's is slightly better, I'd say).
The dubs for the Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth games are... less good, shall we say. They're not terrible, but they're really stiff and oftentimes emotionless.

But the thing with Compile Heart games in particular is that in the dubbed versions, many lines that are voiced in Japanese are not in English, so I understand when people like to play those games in particular in Japanese (like me with Mary Skelter).

Edited by DragonFlames

I keep misreading Clock Up. For some reason, I always forget the "L"...

Also, Sky FC hates Fire Sepith. I am convinced of that.
Every other type it downright showers you in (even the Time, Space, Mirage types, which are quite rare in CS), but with Fire, it's really stingy for some reason.
Or is that just me?

9 hours ago, Julian Teehee said:

Thanks to HHH and former LTPW I got into contact with tons of great JRPG series and I am absolutely thankful for it. And of course not everyone can get into a new series. It happens! I also tried vainly to get into Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest and Ys. But it doesn't bother me, if people talk about it because they have the right to do it. That's all I wanted to say. This topic ia over now!

If you want some examples of great JRPGs that I’ve played, I’d recommend:

Final Fantasy 6

Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross

Breath of Fire 2

Dragon Quest 5

Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth and Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume

Edited by Wraith

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I keep misreading Clock Up. For some reason, I always forget the "L"...

Also, Sky FC hates Fire Sepith. I am convinced of that.
Every other type it downright showers you in (even the Time, Space, Mirage types, which are quite rare in CS), but with Fire, it's really stingy for some reason.
Or is that just me?

Hmmm

I remember some one else i know complaining about the same thing a while ago

But you still have ways to go ;)

6 hours ago, Julian Teehee said:

I'm still a beginner and would like to improve.

The posted stages are pretty monotonous by having very few variation regarding enemies and platforming.

Making another stage right now with a little more features.

The ones from the other day I beat and thought were well-made and a nice challenge. I think the two stages from yesterday are just as well designed, but more difficult, to the extent that I couldn’t complete them. I may give them another go again sometime today. A bit more variety overall would be appreciated.

43 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Yeah. Just a bit more space to stop and rest in between the tough parts.

30 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Is it weird that i'm not a fan of JP only VA?

Not weird at all. Although I admit I tend to be partial to JP VAs because they’re usually better quality than the English dubs, imo.

24 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

The only JP voice I prefer is Marth in Smash.

Yuri Lowenthal does a pretty good job as Marth, although I agree, his JP VA is a bit better.

20 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Hmmm

I remember some one else i know complaining about the same thing a while ago

But you still have ways to go 😉

How many chapters does FC have?
Since the goal seems to be to get recommendation forms from all four guild branches, I'm guessing it'll be four or five chapters. That's my prediction!

19 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Although I admit I tend to be partial to JP VAs because they’re usually better quality than the English dubs, imo.

Part of this is that the VO industry in Japan is one hell of a lot bigger than it is in the West, so they expect higher quality in their dubs, I think.
You can have really talented and fantastic voice actors and still get a subpar dub (see the Neptunia Re;Birth games, for example), because the direction was off. I think the risk of that in English dubs tends to be a lot higher because of the stated reason above.

But of course, many Japanese games have very high quality English dubs these days.
For example Tales of Berseria, Persona 5, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Cyberdimension Neptunia, Atelier Sophie, the Bravely Default games, and Stella Glow.
And there's many more examples than just these, I think.

19 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yuri Lowenthal does a pretty good job as Marth, although I agree, his JP VA is a bit better.

Yeah, Hikaru Midorikawa does the soft-spoken, kind prince thing a little better than Yuri Lowenthal does.
But the role I associate with Yuri Lowenthal the most is Luke from Tales of the Abyss, who is the polar opposite of Marth, so maybe that skews my view of him a little.
Dude's got talent, though, certainly.

Edited by DragonFlames