Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

34 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Well, fall semester has started. Back into a full-time schedule, but not really mentally prepared for it tbh. It is what it is.

Good luck, and hope you enjoy your classes!

• Replies 177.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Good luck, and hope you enjoy your classes!

Thanks. I was able to register for a creative writing class for the first session, so it'll be nice to have something I enjoy as well as another required gen ed class, especially compared to the meh classes I took during the summer.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I recall you saying that this one is your favorite out of all the NoA boss themes I shared with you before. Now I know why! XD

xD

kinda reminds me of this, even if they aren'T similiar haha

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

she is referred to as Chris by pretty much everyone, even the dialogue boxes.

I can see the pout from here

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

I was able to register for a creative writing class for the first session,

Gah! I'm so jealous! I'm starting High School in about... Oh god, three weeks?! When did that happen? Why is it so close to September 10th? And the two academic classes I'm good at and enjoy a lot, (Social studies and english) have no honors/AP options until Grade eleven. Still looking forwards to it, though! I do really like school.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

kinda reminds me of this, even if they aren'T similiar haha

It has a similar feel to it, for sure!

I can see the pout from here

Actually, she doesn't seem to mind it. XD

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

It has a similar feel to it, for sure!

That kinda demon-shly epic feel, ya know? xD

It also kinda reminds me of MegaNep's Encounter of Destiny, now that i think about it xD

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Actually, she doesn't seem to mind it. XD

interesting XD

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

That kinda demon-shly epic feel, ya know? xD

Yep!

It also kinda reminds me of MegaNep's Encounter of Destiny, now that i think about it xD

Now that you mention it, you're right!
I love that theme... And the Dark CPU battles. One of the best additions to the Nep series next (heh) to the Next Forms.

interesting XD

She has her own nickname for Arnice in exchange. She only rarely calls her by name, but instead refers to her as "half-blood" or, as she says it in Japanese "mazarimono no ojousan". Usually in a mocking tone, because of course. XD

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

The only thing that I know about it is that this is where Nefertiti came from, and that it's an Atelier spin-off.

From what i've seen, most fans actually consider the Mana Khemia games to be mainline, not spin-off, even though it doesn't have "Atelier" in the title.

From what i know, the Mana Khemia games are basically "Atelier goes to school" and Atelier E&L and Shallie pretty much rip off Mana Khemia's combat, in a good way.

35 minutes ago, Benice said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO XIAO PAI CAUGHT A FISH THAT WAS 0.1 CM BIGGER THAN MINE AND WON

So close

6a6.gif

Just now, Armagon said:

From what i've seen, most fans actually consider the Mana Khemia games to be mainline, not spin-off, even though it doesn't have "Atelier" in the title.

Really? That's interesting.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

From what i know, the Mana Khemia games are basically "Atelier goes to school" and Atelier E&L and Shallie pretty much rip off Mana Khemia's combat, in a good way.

That's even more interesting.
Now my interest in Mana Khemia is truly piqued...

Okay, finally finished SoV's Act 2.

I know it's the structural design, but it still feels off that the calendar moves between Acts 1 and 2, since they are happening at the same time. Or we can pretend Alm stood on that balcony for roughly ninety days.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Alright so I beat 

Reveal hidden contents

Phoenix

In Tales of Berseria. That... was annoying, to say the least. Beat him at level 67, which isnt too bad. 

Congratulations! 😀

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I know it's the structural design, but it still feels off that the calendar moves between Acts 1 and 2, since they are happening at the same time.

I've never actually thought about this when I played the game, but you're right. That is weird.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I know it's the structural design, but it still feels off that the calendar moves between Acts 1 and 2, since they are happening at the same time. Or we can pretend Alm stood on that balcony for roughly ninety days.

Ey, we're almost at the same spot!

Oh yeah, I never realized that. 

59 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So close

6a6.gif

This is a great gif.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Ey, we're almost at the same spot!

Oh yeah, I never realized that. 

Well, you're likely to overtake me and finish the game first, since I don't play SoV as often I do some of the other games I'm currently playing through.

In the meantime, I'm now in Act 3 proper.

Also, one neat thing I noticed about Next Black's Diagonal Blade Dance: if you look closely at the four swords she employs in addition to her own, they are purple, green, light blue/white, and orange... which are exactly the colors of the other CPUs plus Orange Heart.
Meaning that her friends are symbolically there with her for her strongest technique.
Thinking about it like that makes this attack even more awesome, considering what Noire is constantly called, and even moreso considering her finisher is the only one out of the four Next Forms that does this. The other three don't use the colors of the other CPUs anywhere in theirs.

39 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Or we can pretend Alm stood on that balcony for roughly ninety days.

Who said anything about standing there doing nothing? Offscreen, he as he took in the view, Alm said to himself "Life is beautiful. But what is life?". From that question, Alm asked to be left alone and so it was. He then shorn himself of unnecessary clothing and bearing with the incoming elements and lack of food and water, proceeded in contemplation of metaphysics, which led into epistemology, which led into ethics. After eighty days of this, Alm knew all there is to know, he took the new name "Jesartha", but then chose to hide that name and his new wisdom from the entire world. He did this so as to show all the people who were counting on him what it meant to have to strive to do good, allowing them the hope they could emulate him one day. He believed they would feel despair at the prospect of their personal progression if he came to them as he now truly was- a perfected human being. He then wore his clothes again and asked for food and drink, restoring his thinned form in time for Celica to show up ten days later, hiding even from her, whose fate he already knew for he had seen all that lay ahead, what he had become.

Alm had character development -but he kept it a secret until he laid on his deathbed. At which point he spent the last ten and half weeks of his life calmly relaying all of his profound existential knowledge.:^_^:

--

I feel they could've done better, maybe with different characters, breaking 600 sounds entirely feasible to me. But there's no way I could've done this, I've topped out at 300 maybe.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Who said anything about standing there doing nothing? Offscreen, he as he took in the view, Alm said to himself "Life is beautiful. But what is life?". From that question, Alm asked to be left alone and so it was. He then shorn himself of unnecessary clothing and bearing with the incoming elements and lack of food and water, proceeded in contemplation of metaphysics, which led into epistemology, which led into ethics. After eighty days of this, Alm knew all there is to know, he took the new name "Jesartha", but then chose to hide that name and his new wisdom from the entire world. He did this so as to show all the people who were counting on him what it meant to have to strive to do good, allowing them the hope they could emulate him one day, he believed they feel despair at the prospect of their personal progression if he came to them as he now truly was- a perfected human being. He then wore his clothes again and asked for food and drink, restoring his thinned form in time for Celica to show up ten days later, hiding even from her, whose fate he already knew he seem all that lay ahead, what he had become.

Alm had character development -but he kept it a secret until he laid on his deathbed. At which point he spent the last ten and half weeks of his life calmly relaying all of his profound existential knowledge.

I accept this as canon.

she's so insecure about her friendship with them, huh?

😛

I was actually trying to interpret it as her regarding her friends so fondly that she symbolically called upon their strength for her finishing move, but that works, too, I suppose.
Poor Noire. XD

Seriuosly though, that's a neat detail

I only discovered this just now while rewatching the animation a few times (I was more trying to listen for what she actually says, since she's kinda quiet compared to the sound effects and the music).