• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Nope. Unfortunately. And I don't think there's any way to get enough to reach 8...

Unless there happens to be a pineapple that I can find, but I don't see anything.

Edited by Benice

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Nope. Unfortunately. And I don't think there's any way to get enough to reach 8...

Unless there happens to be a pineapple that I can find, but I don't see anything.

Huh. Weird, Should already be possible at 7 LP.

Where are you in the story again? Though it shouldn't matter, at least for the confession.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Huh. Weird, Should already be possible at 7 LP.

Where are you in the story again? Though it shouldn't matter, at least for the confession.

Just got the second rune stone, but I haven't given it to the guy yet.

Just got the second rune stone, but I haven't given it to the guy yet.

For the first or second time? Anyway, perhaps you're just really unlucky, since she should be able to accept starting from 7 LP.

If you don't have much else to gift her, go get apples. Those apple-like monsters that are just one screen south then west from the town gate. Get a few apples and you can give her those.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

For the first or second time? Anyway, perhaps you're just really unlucky, since she should be able to accept starting from 7 LP.

If you don't have much else to gift her, go get apples. Those apple-like monsters that are just one screen south then west from the town gate. Get a few apples and you can give her those.

For the first time-I remembered that I saw one in the

Spoiler

Water temple

And got that one before talking to anyone. I started hoarding turnips when I got back because I realized that I needed them.

Aight, hopefully I get tons of apples! The bar is progessing very slowly...

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

For the first time-I remembered that I saw one in the

Hide contents

Water temple

And got that one before talking to anyone. I started hoarding turnips when I got back because I realized that I needed them.

Aight, hopefully I get tons of apples! The bar is progessing very slowly...

What do you mean before talking to anyone? You still had everyone at 1 point?

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

What do you mean before talking to anyone? You still had everyone at 1 point?

I meant before asking around to see if anyone knew where the runestones were I had everybody at 2 FP/LP at the very least, with the majority at high three or low four.

I meant before asking around to see if anyone knew where the runestones were I had everybody at 2 FP/LP at the very least, with the majority at high three or low four.

I see.

Well, in any case, keep trying to confess. It should be possible now, though do still increase her LP's, since the probability rises for every level above 7.

Quite unfortunate. Since once you confess to someone, the best way to up the LP's is through dating, and at least with the first, one date is enough to bump it from 7 to 8.

Is there a special event for getting a date on the Firefly festival? 'Cause if there isn't, I'm not gonna bother.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Is there a special event for getting a date on the Firefly festival? 'Cause if there isn't, I'm not gonna bother.

Go on a date for the festival? Yes. Confess during? No. Confessions are events unto themselves, so they won't trigger on festivals, I think.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hmm, well, I know there's a glitch involving Volkanon and wrong identification usage.

Don't really know if it's the same one, but then it'd be something if it hadn't been fixed. At least that's a minor one. I once had to suffer through the game freezing glitch that happens during the game credits. Ugh.

That isn't the only glitch I've encountered either. Nothing game-breaking, thankfully, but I've also seen some NPCs walking out in empty space. It only seemed to happen after festivals, weirdly enough.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

@twilitfalchion

I'm curious, have you played Megadimension Neptunia yet?

I always wondered! XD

No, I haven't actually. I have listened to the soundtrack quite a bit though. It's really good.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

No, I haven't actually. I have listened to the soundtrack quite a bit though. It's really good.

Then join us and play it! XD

Honestly, I'm pretty sure you'd enjoy it.

Yes it's soundtrack is superb, I agree. 

15 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

That isn't the only glitch I've encountered either. Nothing game-breaking, thankfully, but I've also seen some NPCs walking out in empty space. It only seemed to happen after festivals, weirdly enough.

I've seen that one in the 3DS version too. Amusingly, I had a string of days where I would see Barret out of bounds. Like in the middle of the cliffs under the Obsidian Mansion at Selphia.

36 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Wanted to get Persona Q2 for 3DS a while ago, but copies pretty much don't exist anymore.

I haven't played either Persona Q, but the "Q" is derived from Sekaiju no Meikayuu- emphasis on pronunciation of "kayuu". That is the Japanese name of the Etrian Odyssey franchise, an Atlus DS-3DS franchise of new old-fashioned first-person dungeon crawlers. To break it down for you:

• Persona Q is a mix of the characters of Persona with the gameplay of Etrian Odyssey (and admittedly, SMT began as first-person dungeon crawlers). 
  • Persona Q1 features the characters of Persona 3 & 4. Q2 adds Persona 5's cast to the mix- taking the center narrative stage with 3&4 are just there.
    • In the case of Q1, you can choose to begin with either 3 or 4's cast + an original character, you'll meet up with the group you didn't pick a little later. Q2 starts you the 5 crew + P3P FeMC, and then adds the cast of 3, and lastly 4's I think.
  • You have a hub in the Velvet Room where you return to rest after stints in the labyrinth, drawing your own maps, fighting random encounters, and tackling powerful enemies visible on in the labyrinth called FOEs. Each of the stratums in each game is topped with a boss battle.
  • Story-wise, the games aren't worth it I'm told, it's thin stuff, but Q2 might be slightly better.
  • Character-wise, the first game I'm informed was really really bad with the characterization of everyone, despite the 3 meets 4 interactions in themselves not being a bad thing. Maybe the sequel was better with its fanservice? 
  • All playable characters from each game is in (barring that new Royal girl), and all are perfectly usable, you can bring up to 5 at once into battle, plus a navigator girl.
    • Each character gets a distinct stat spread- physicals gonna physical, mages gonna mage, and some fixed skills. Each navigator has unique abilities.
    • Everyone can equip a Sub-Persona, increasing their HP and SP and allowing for some skill customizability. At least one of the games has Skill Cards for yet more adjustable skill slots too. 
  • Compared to actual Etrian Odyssey, the Qs are fairly easy I've read, although EO on the highest difficulty in every game is tough. There is a problem in the lack of a postgame section of the labyrinth in either Q (once the final boss is dead, there is nothing left to do), Etrian usually has one and the absence sounds disappointing to an EO fan.
  • Dungeon design might be iffy at points, something about people loathing Q1's "Pride of Inaba" labyrinth or something.
  • The casts of Persona 2 do not appear in either game, I would love the opportunity to see Tatsuya taken from the events of EP but Maya, Eikichi and Lisa come from a point in time prior to IS's end, the interactions that could result from that.
Edited by Interdimensional Observer

35 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Would be curious to know if it's worth to play other Persona spin offs like Person 4 Golden or all the dancing games.

Golden isn't a spin off, it's just updated P4, like Royal.

@Interdimensional Observer

I'm aware that Q series offers artstyle and dungeon style from the Etrian Odyssey. Since I haven't played this series yet, so I can't tell if it appeals me or not. Q1 shall be really bad in multiple regards (especially characterization) from what I have heared and Q2 fixed some points (a little bit), so that's why I'm only interested in Q2, not only because it features the P5 character cast. 

Actually amazon offers a copy of Q2 for 40 € which is not bad. About a half year ago this was pretty much sold out everywhere.

9 minutes ago, Caster said:

Golden isn't a spin off, it's just updated P4, like Royal.

Welp, my bad.

To be more precise I meant Persona spin offs and remakes.

Edit: Have to go to work now, so will reply later today.

Edited by Julian Teehee

52 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yeah, I got one like that too-For some reason, Kiel will randomly get stuck inside my Forge and stay there most of the day. I have no idea why, but I guess it's in a place where he's supposed to walk every day?

12 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

I'm aware that Q series offers artstyle and dungeon style from the Etrian Odyssey. Since I haven't played this series yet, so I can't tell if it appeals me or not. Q1 shall be really bad in multiple regards (especially characterization) from what I have heared and Q2 fixed some points (a little bit), so that's why I'm only interested in Q2, not only because it features the P5 character cast. 

Sorry, wasn't sure how much you had looked into things.

For the bolded, in North America, I don't know about Europe, there are a bunch of Etrian Odyssey demos on the eShop, you could try them out for an hors'doeuvre for those games. However, Etrians tend to take some time to take get going, the fun of character builds take until sometime in the second or even third stratum to beautifully blossom -though Q2 lacks a class system. The point being that EOs can be rough at the very start. 

Okay, got to play a bit more of DQVI tonight. Nothing much, just did a little shopping at Haggleton, including getting the Thief's Key, and now Rekk has to go west to find the guy who makes those ceremonial crowns who has been missing for three days.

Speaking of, after three games straight VI ditches the day-night system. It will be back; VI simply decided to shelve it temporarily I suppose. Though perhaps with reason, maybe.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Man, Benice, don't think I've heard of someone having that much bad luck on that. At least, when it's the first person they're confessing to.

SbO9b1h.png

I SOLD OFF LITERALLY EVERYTHING I OWNED AND KILLED HUNDREDS OF POMME POMMES, THIS HAD BETTER BE ENOUGH

EDIT: Her LP barely increased...I think it's gonna be impossible to get to level 8...

Uh, other than gifts, is there any ways to increase LP?

Edited by Benice