• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

@Shrimperor
If you haven't already seen it. I found this manga earlier while looking through the tags: https://mangadex.org/title/35015/the-villainess-wants-to-marry-a-commoner
I'm reading it currently, and it's fun so far! Definitely worth checking out, I think!

already reading it 😉

I've probably picked up the whole villainess subgenre on Mangadex lmao

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm relatively ambivalent to shipping in general, so I don't have strong opinions on that either way.

Same. Anything i do ship is usually just the confirmed/heavily implied stuff and that's only if i care enough.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

or the Snafu ones

I'm seeing the fallout of this one on Twitter. Well, i say fallout but it's mainly just one guy making memes about how he chose the wrong ship.

Also snafu is not a word, i refuse to believe it is unironically in the English dictionary.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

QUYtTIv.png

Erika HD

Erika HD

If Hajimare doesn't have her beat the shit out of Agate, it's a 0/10.

I continued to watch the one longplay of Baten Kaitos Origins I've slowly been working through. Then I saw someone again who reminded me of... current politics.

142?cb=20120424013827

Fails to pronounce certain words with a rough and limited lexicon in general, wants money and status above all else even if it comes from foreigners with ulterior motives, has little in the way of a real moral compass.:facepalm:

On the happier side of things, I played some old Mario Party 8 while someone is visiting for the time. it's fun even when you lose, which because luck ends up freakishly happening. And we talked memories of Mario Party experiences from bygone eras, the horrors of Right Oar Left endure in our consciousnesses to this day. Like the best Scotch, the best experiences in games aren't necessarily those you have alone while sampling from the very finest, they can come from the cheaper stuff shared in good company.

I watched a little of a Mario Party 1 LP afterwards, because the oldest one I've actually played is 3, and I was unsure of how the oldest MP have held up. A little surprisingly, the formula was just as solid in the very first game, it looks entirely playable to this day. Sure the graphics have aged like rotting fish, but the boards themselves from the 64 era have a certain charm from their 2D pre-rendered aesthetic:

Spoiler

1595px-Peach'sBirthdayCake.png

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

@Julian Teehee to go more in depth into Rune Factory (I simplified before because I was in a rush) but basically, in addition to the farm sim aspect of Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons, there's more fantasy elements such as dungeons and combat. There's a deep crafting system though it's not as deep as Atelier's crafting.

Sounds interesting.

So it's basically a mix of simulation like The Sims just taking place on a farm and a RPG?

Weather outside scares me. A heavy storm approached past night and robbed my sleep. Really don't want to go out for work, but doing homeoffice with my lack on equipment is no solution either. Just have to hope no tree will hit me. A storm like this in summer is absolute unusual. Rather would expect to happen in winter.

Alright, played some more DQVI. Found the crownsmith, who was hanging above a deep chasm that shows... another world below. Hmm, like the Pit of Gaea of DQIII. Anyway, Rekk falls down after helping the man... though in this second world he somehow ends up like a ghost, unable to interact with people... though a dog seems to have sensed him, and the monsters attack him just fine. Heh, now I encounter the old blue slimes. So, after a quick trip to a well, it somehow makes Rekk be back to his world. Surely this won't be important either. Nope. So, picked up the crown back at Haggleton and returned to Weaver's Peak. And that's it for now. I guess I'll see that festival next time.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I watched a little of a Mario Party 1 LP afterwards, because the oldest one I've actually played is 3, and I was unsure of how the oldest MP have held up. A little surprisingly, the formula was just as solid in the very first game, it looks entirely playable to this day. Sure the graphics have aged like rotting fish, but the boards themselves from the 64 era have a certain charm from their 2D pre-rendered aesthetic:

The awful memories of Bash n' cash make me shudder every time. That game was made to torture the player, honestly.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I played some old Mario Party 8 while someone is visiting for the time. it's fun even when you lose, which because luck ends up freakishly happening.

That takes me back. 8 was the first Wii game (along with Wii Sports) I ever owned. It was always so much fun to play, even single player (which was mostly how I played it anyway). Now I feel old.

Mario Party 1 LP by the TheRunawayGuys was the first LP I have ever watched.

Good old memories...

Can't believe this project will become ten next year.

They did a big push for co-op LPs on Youtube.

Basn 'n Cash was probably the only game (probably in Mario Party history) the single player had a disadvantage. 

Technically the Bowser version was better because the lost coins didn't go to the opponents.

Edited by Julian Teehee

Next Trails (after Hajimare) might be an ARPG? 

Here

It's unclear if it's part of the new arc or just a spin-off like Nayuta no Kiseki.

If it's mainline, as long as the game is good, then I won't really have any issues. Though it would break the balance between Ys and Trails.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

On the happier side of things, I played some old Mario Party 8 while someone is visiting for the time. it's fun even when you lose, which because luck ends up freakishly happening. And we talked memories of Mario Party experiences from bygone eras, the horrors of Right Oar Left endure in our consciousnesses to this day.

47 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

That takes me back. 8 was the first Wii game (along with Wii Sports) I ever owned. It was always so much fun to play, even single player (which was mostly how I played it anyway). Now I feel old.

Yeah, Mario Party 8 is a super nostalgic game for me too. It was the first Mario game I ever played.

1 hour ago, Julian Teehee said:

So it's basically a mix of simulation like The Sims just taking place on a farm and a RPG?

Wouldn't exactly say it's like The Sims. If I remember correctly, in The Sims, you're basically just God and you build your world. Rune Factory (and Story of Seasons) are more grounded. Think more along the lines of Animal Crossing except without being extremely reliant on irl time and you actually have goals instead of needing to come up with your own.

FYI, don't play the new Harvest Moon games. The real Harvest Moon is now known as Story of Seasons, due to the devs losing the rights to the original localized name. Any current games that are called Harvest Moon are merely cheap knockoffs that bait unknowing fans into buying it.

Edited by Armagon

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

already reading it 😉

I've probably picked up the whole villainess subgenre on Mangadex lmao

I see! XD
I can see why you'd like that genre. The two series from it that I'm reading currently (this one and the Holy Grail of Eris - thanks for the recommendation, btw) are really fun!

---

Meanwhile, I'm making some good progress in RF4.
I got my Steamer and a whole bunch of dumplings, as well as multiple flowers, I got third place in the fishing competition (I lost to my future mother-in-law Lin Fa and Jones, of all people), and I got a license for an airship, which might come in handy later down the line. There is another festival on the 19th, interested to see what that will be about!
Also, here are the fruits of my gift-giving so far:
70vaeE1.jpg

And through this, I found out that, yes, asking someone to accompany you does in fact raise friendship/love points. And that is why Forte was the one with the highest friendship/love level for a while. Until Xiao Pai got to level 3, that is.
I was surprised to find out that she uses axes of all things in combat.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20120616211449

Can you picture this girl wielding an axe? XD

In any case, I also went into the water ruins for a bit while exploring. I should probably work towards upgrading my equipment for now, since the enemies in there were quite tough.
I also need to recruit more monsters, so I can get the hang of it a bit better.

All in all, I can safely say I'm invested in the game. I'm having a lot of fun with it! I like the farming, I like going around town to greet everyone everyday, I like the relaxed atmosphere of the town, I like the music, I like the cute graphics, the artstyle is great, the characters are nice, I think I even got the hang of fishing now, and that's pretty fun, too.

---

Also, there's a veritable storm going on outside. The wind is howling pretty loudly.

Edited by DragonFlames

*Yawwwwwn* Someone made me see the sunrise this morning. I don't dislike it, I like the sight and roar of the ocean and the emergence of the golden sun disc from the water, it's the act of getting up in the first place thats the problem.

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

And the action trails even sadder, if the leak about it being mainline is true

Sounds like a franchise thats become a follower. Operating on the notion I've seen before of "turn-based games can't possibly sell, action is where it's at!".

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Yawwwwwn* Someone made me see the sunrise this morning. I don't dislike it, I like the sight and roar of the ocean and the emergence of the golden sun disc from the water, it's the act of getting up in the first place thats the problem.

Relatable.

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sounds like a franchise thats become a follower. Operating on the notion I've seen before of "turn-based games can't possibly sell, action is where it's at!".

A quite hilarious notion, considering the success of Dragon Quest XI and especially Persona 5.
It's like EA's "single player games are dead" verbal diarrhea. It's just meaningless marketing babble, based on the idea that if you repeat something often enough, people will believe it.

Edited by DragonFlames

41 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I can see why you'd like that genre. The two series from it that I'm reading currently (this one and the Holy Grail of Eris - thanks for the recommendation, btw) are really fun!

Enjoy!

If you want i can suggest some more you will probably enjoy as well

27 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sounds like a franchise thats become a follower.

Has been that way since CS1, following all the trends and modern tropes while discarding everything that made the games great game by game.

I was putting all my hope into the next arc....

But seems it's finally time to let go.

Although i've ckecked multipe sources over the net and it seems "action elements" instead of pure action is the more correct translation.

Whatever that means.

The battle system i loved so much though is gone. Even if Falcom completely ruined it's balance in the CS games, i always had a small hope in me they will attempt to balance it and make it better

And not abandon it completely.

Oh well, time to see how Haji is doing, last i saw it went into it's sooo bad it's good territory.

Seems like Harem End is confirmed for Rean as well, from what i watched yesterday

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Enjoy!

If you want i can suggest some more you will probably enjoy as well

Thanks!

Sure! I'd be happy to read 'em!

Seems like Harem End is confirmed for Rean as well, from what i watched yesterday

giphy.gif

Edited by DragonFlames

17 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Sure! I'd be happy to read 'em

25 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

giphy.gif

some stuff from the Falcom chat (Spoilers obvs)

Spoiler

>And thus, the black hole of a narrative hog known as Rean "I'm the only Kiseki Character that matters" Schwarzer takes the stage

>The center of the universe seems to be Rean's crotch

>I'd like to add that Falcom has perfected the art of having the towel reach just to the waterline. Priorities

Claire.png

thots.png

Seems like the game is doing some Alter/Multiverse shit. 2 Rufus. 2 Rean.

Actually prologue has an implication i am very uncomfortable with: Simulation

The curse, the fucking Curse is back. And it's in fucking Crossbell. Kill me.

Seems like the actually good thing about that crigeshow that is CS5 are the new Characters

itsadoll.pngloliinbox.png
Those 3

Masked guy is

Spoiler

Rufus

Blublanc stole Schera's wedding Dress 493135310973304842.png?v=1

that's currently where the stream is at

8 hours ago, Julian Teehee said:

Basn 'n Cash was probably the only game (probably in Mario Party history) the single player had a disadvantage. 

Technically the Bowser version was better because the lost coins didn't go to the opponents.

I don't like it because they are really just saying "fuck you, single player! have fun losing all your coins in one sitting!" 

I don't think that's much consolation... but I guess so?

---

I have another question about Tales of Berseria, why are their random encounters more difficult than their boss battles? Seriously, I can sweep most of their bosses, but struggle in some random fights at times.

Thanks a lot! I'll check 'em out! 👍

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

some stuff from the Falcom chat (Spoilers obvs)

Reveal hidden contents

>And thus, the black hole of a narrative hog known as Rean "I'm the only Kiseki Character that matters" Schwarzer takes the stage

>The center of the universe seems to be Rean's crotch

>I'd like to add that Falcom has perfected the art of having the towel reach just to the waterline. Priorities

Claire.png

thots.png

Seems like the game is doing some Alter/Multiverse shit. 2 Rufus. 2 Rean.

Actually prologue has an implication i am very uncomfortable with: Simulation

The curse, the fucking Curse is back. And it's in fucking Crossbell. Kill me.

Seems like the actually good thing about that crigeshow that is CS5 are the new Characters

itsadoll.pngloliinbox.png
Those 3

Masked guy is

Reveal hidden contents

Rufus

Blublanc stole Schera's wedding Dress 493135310973304842.png?v=1

that's currently where the stream is at

Big off.
Yeah... my interest in that game just went from "meh, not that interested" to "Haji-what?"

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Meanwhile, I'm making some good progress in RF4.
I got my Steamer and a whole bunch of dumplings, as well as multiple flowers, I got third place in the fishing competition (I lost to my future mother-in-law Lin Fa and Jones, of all people), and I got a license for an airship, which might come in handy later down the line. There is another festival on the 19th, interested to see what that will be about!
Also, here are the fruits of my gift-giving so far:
70vaeE1.jpg

And through this, I found out that, yes, asking someone to accompany you does in fact raise friendship/love points. And that is why Forte was the one with the highest friendship/love level for a while. Until Xiao Pai got to level 3, that is.
I was surprised to find out that she uses axes of all things in combat.

Sounds good. Now that you have an airship license, you can fast travel to save points in areas you've beaten. Very useful.

I wonder who Flavia is. She's a bachelorette I see, but the name must have gotten changed in the different versions of RF4. I didn't know that. Interesting.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

All in all, I can safely say I'm invested in the game. I'm having a lot of fun with it! I like the farming, I like going around town to greet everyone everyday, I like the relaxed atmosphere of the town, I like the music, I like the cute graphics, the artstyle is great, the characters are nice, I think I even got the hang of fishing now, and that's pretty fun, too.

I'm glad to hear it. I thought you might enjoy it since you enjoy Atelier, which from what I've heard is similar in some ways. Actually, I'd probably enjoy Atelier myself since I love RF so much.

49 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Kyon-Facepalm.gif

Edited by twilitfalchion

tenor.gif

Falcom chat's reaction everytime mini boss music is playing. They keep spamming chicken images and gifs lmao because of how the track sounds like chickens clucking Xd

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Thanks a lot! I'll check 'em out! 👍

Enjoy 😉

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Big off.
Yeah... my interest in that game just went from "meh, not that interested" to "Haji-what?"

I am just laughing right now. This sad, but that's my only reaction to this

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I have another question about Tales of Berseria, why are their random encounters more difficult than their boss battles? Seriously, I can sweep most of their bosses, but struggle in some random fights at times.

Ex dungeon?

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

That happens a lot in other games, too. There are some regular groups of enemies that can just wipe you instantly, even though the boss of the same dungeon gives you little trouble. I've had that happen to me many times before. XD
Some examples include Dragon Star Varnir, Etrian Odyssey, Final Fantasy games, and interestingly, my first playthrough of Megadimension Neptunia VII was like that at times, as well.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also music still super bad

We not have bees this time, but chickens clucking as well

The Oof Level is increasing.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Sounds good. Now that you have an airship license, you can fast travel to save points in areas you've beaten. Very useful.

Ah, so that's what I can do with it! Nice. Should cut down on travel time a lot!

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I wonder who Flavia is. She's a bachelorette I see, but the name must have gotten changed in the different versions of RF4. I didn't know that. Interesting.

Flavia is Amber, actually, and I have honestly no clue why they changed it for the German localization.
Everyone else I know of has their English name, but she's the exception. It's odd.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I'm glad to hear it. I thought you might enjoy it since you enjoy Atelier, which from what I've heard is similar in some ways. Actually, I'd probably enjoy Atelier myself since I love RF so much.

If you ever get the chance to do so, definitely give the Atelier series a go!
The games do have a similar atmosphere to RF, although Atelier doesn't have the crop harvesting and marriage stuff.

tenor.gif

Falcom chat's reaction everytime mini boss music is playing. They keep spamming chicken images and gifs lmao because of how the track sounds like chickens clucking Xd

XD

Enjoy 😉

Thank you! ^^

I am just laughing right now. This sad, but that's my only reaction to this

I feel that. It's... always sad to see something you love become something you hate. I went through that with Pokémon, myself.