Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

If you ever get the chance to do so, definitely give the Atelier series a go!

I did try out a bit of Escha and Logy on PC (since there's no Switch demo) just to see what it's like and I immediately took a liking to the characters. The choice of protagonists was also nice, and reminded me of RF4. So maybe I'll check it out sometime.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

I did try out a bit of Escha and Logy on PC (since there's no Switch demo) just to see what it's like and I immediately took a liking to the characters. The choice of protagonists was also nice, and reminded me of RF4. So maybe I'll check it out sometime.

Very nice! 🙂

But don't feel forced to do it.

anyway, some good music to wash my negativity and the chickens clucking away

sorry to modern Trails fan. I hope you can continue to enjoy the games, but i really can't anymore and i gotta vent sometimes

Edited by Shrimperor

17 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ex dungeon?

Yeah, was it that obvious?

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That happens a lot in other games, too. There are some regular groups of enemies that can just wipe you instantly, even though the boss of the same dungeon gives you little trouble. I've had that happen to me many times before. XD
Some examples include Dragon Star Varnir, Etrian Odyssey, Final Fantasy games, and interestingly, my first playthrough of Megadimension Neptunia VII was like that at times, as well.

I feel that. It's... always sad to see something you love become something you hate. I went through that with Pokémon, myself.

Huh, a lot of games I've played never seem to have that, the more you know!

This is why I stick to playing older gen Pokémon games and that's it, AKA GSC pretty much and rarely Emerald.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

But don't feel forced to do it.

Not at all. It’s a series I’ve had my eye on for a little while now. It seems like a nice, relaxing kind of game to get into. Something I’d enjoy quite a bit.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

tenor.gif

Falcom chat's reaction everytime mini boss music is playing. They keep spamming chicken images and gifs lmao because of how the track sounds like chickens clucking Xd

Sorry to hear the game is a giant disappointment and that your treasured franchise has sunk into an abyss from which it cannot recover.

The chicken joke reminds me of this:

https://youtu.be/OCm1deOZZms

And it's about as "fun" as your opinion of this Japanese for "Beginnings" game is high.

I really need to play the Dusk trilogy one of these days.

Some more Gust goodness. This theme gives me eargasms and nightmares at the same time. This is the theme of the boss that kicked my ass yesterday that I will reattempt today. Mistral, I'm coming for you!

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

This is why I stick to playing older gen Pokémon games and that's it, AKA GSC pretty much and rarely Emerald.

I pretty much stopped playing Pokémon entirely. I dunno. I just don't find it as fun anymore.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Not at all. It’s a series I’ve had my eye on for a little while now. It seems like a nice, relaxing kind of game to get into. Something I’d enjoy quite a bit.

Alright then! Just don't want you to feel pressured or anything.

Edited by DragonFlames

Chicken theme

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The chicken joke reminds me of this:

lmao

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And it's about as "fun" as your opinion of this Japanese for "Beginnings" game is high.

Lol

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

yes, because i had the same problems as well xD

That dungeon is very annoying, getting through it, I mean. I like the idea, but they keep repeating the same thing every other room, like, why?

Just now, DragonFlames said:

I pretty much stopped playing Pokémon entirely. I dunno. I just don't find it as fun anymore.

That's too bad. GSC brings me back purely for their soundtrack, TBH, not much else.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

That dungeon is very annoying, getting through it, I mean. I like the idea, but they keep repeating the same thing every other room, like, why?

And the damn time limits...

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

You know, the weird thing is... if they didn't "chicken" it up, this actually has the potential to be at least decent.
But as it stands...
tenor.gif

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

That's too bad. GSC brings me back purely for their soundtrack, TBH, not much else.

I listen to the soundtracks of the 3rd generation and the GameCube games every now and again.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Thanks. I appreciate it. Hope I didn’t make you feel that way about RF.

Of course not! Don't worry!

Speaking of Pokemon, one of my favorite tracks is this:

It makes me feel... sentimental? Like I want to just melt down my individuality and assimilate into some happy global interconnected whole. Which brings to mind this quote I've seen recently:

"One day there will be no borders, no boundaries, no flags, and no countries and the only passport will be the heart."
–Carlos Santana

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And the damn time limits...

Yeah, this is dumb as well, although I suppose people that are "experts" at the game would have no trouble with this. Sadly, i'm no expert! XD

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I listen to the soundtracks of the 3rd generation and the GameCube games every now and again.

Coliseum and XD are amazing for their soundtracks, for sure!

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

unknown.png

Bedeviere McChicken, the Absolute Clucker. He is so strong he can kill all of the Divine Knights in a single cluck. He is also secretly the 69th Reaper of the organization that is behind Ouroboros, known as the Insert-incredibly-lame-and-shallow-real-world-mythology-reference-here. His sword skills are so amazing that not even the Radiant Blade Master can keep up with him. He also inexplicably appears in seemingly random locations and knows way more than he by all rights and logic should, but you never learn what he knows or how he knows it. And he also has contingency plans for his backup plans for his contingency backup plans.
You will also be reminded of how awesome he is every two seconds while this guy is on screen, because what better way to shill a character than make them the best at anything and everything?

Am I a good modern Trails character creator yet?

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Coliseum and XD are amazing for their soundtracks, for sure!

Indeed they are! Particularly this:

Edited by DragonFlames

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Bedeviere McChicken, the Absolute Clucker. He is so strong he can kill all of the Divine Knights in a single cluck. He is also secretly the 69th Reaper of the organization that is behind Ouroboros, known as the Insert-incredibly-lame-and-shallow-real-world-mythology-reference-here. His sword skills are so amazing that not even the Radiant Blade Master can keep up with him. He also inexplicably appears in seemingly random locations and knows way more than he by all rights and logic should, but you never learn what he knows or how he knows it.
You will also be reminded of how awesome he is every two seconds while this guy is on screen, because what better way to shill a character than make them the best at anything and everything?

Am I a good modern Trails character creator yet?

I am posting this in the falcom chat xD

My favorite theme in the mainline Pokémon games is this one:

The original version from Red and Blue was already epic, but this version is fire.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

yeah i noticed xD

I... uh... ranted about that quite a bit now that I think about it, so... it probably was obvious.
Sorry for saying stupid stuff again.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

I... uh... ranted about that quite a bit now that I think about it, so... it probably was obvious.
Sorry for saying stupid stuff again.

don't, compared to my rants, your rants are nothing xD

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

My favorite theme in the mainline Pokémon games is this one:

The original version from Red and Blue was already epic, but this version is fire.

Yeah, the Gen I music's are also amazing, as is the champion's theme.