MisterIceTeaPeach

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Ah, I see!
I understand.

---

YhAbFgI.jpg

F

I guess that Arnice wanted to say "Darnice!"

My friend's cat has a comb fetish confirmed. She straight up attacked me when I stopped combing her. And not a "Rawr, Imma getcha!" Kinda way, but a full-on "PREPARE TO DIE, INSOLENT MORTAL" way. (It was honestly pretty scary.) I fear for my life. Jeez! I bike 32 kilometers every day just to feed you, and this is the thanks I get?!

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

And done. Despite it's premise, Siege of Zofia Castle was not that bad.

There, Rise of the Deliverance done. That's it for now.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

GUYS
HELP

I AM LAUGHING SO MUCH

I FUCKING CAN'T

HAHAHAHAHA

Gust: Thighs saves lives
Falcom: Boobs save a Nation

Context?

Actually just give me the bullet points summary.

Edited by Armagon

Yeah, I hate typhoons. Losing crops to one day of bad weather is really annoying. But unless there's something I can do to protect my crops (if there is I haven't seen it yet), I guess dealing with it is the only option. The only positive thing that comes from it is the large amount of material stone and lumber I get from the crap that lands in my fields.

I've made some progress in Idra Cave and will probably finish it tomorrow. I was actually able to get some really good item drops to make better equipment like gold boots, sparkling mail, etc. And leveling up Dolce as a partner in combat has been pretty easy by equipping her with some hand me down items and more great drops from chests in the overworld.

While RF4 doesn't have too many memorable tracks, I've got to give the Water Ruins music a mention (since I didn't before) for being a really solid dungeon theme.

It's very chill and pretty catchy.

Edited by twilitfalchion

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yeah, I hate typhoons. Losing crops to one day of bad weather is really annoying. But unless there's something I can do to protect my crops (if there is I haven't seen it yet), I guess dealing with it is the only option. The only positive thing that comes from it is the large amount of material stone and lumber I get from the crap that lands in my fields.

I've made some progress in Idra Cave and will probably finish it tomorrow. I was actually able to get some really good item drops to make better equipment like gold boots, sparkling mail, etc. And leveling up Dolce as a partner in combat has been pretty easy by equipping her with some hand me down items and more great drops from chests in the overworld.

For typhoons and such, you have to keep an eye on the soil's Defense stat. You can increase it with Wettable Powder. Can be bought or crafted. 63 is the max Defense each patch of soil can have. You should have or soon have a request regarding this. Though by that point you should've already done it.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

10 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

But unless there's something I can do to protect my crops (if there is I haven't seen it yet), I guess dealing with it is the only option.

There's some powder you can sprinkle on your crops to make them more resistent to typhoons and blizzards.

Post-game, you can just use Orders to delete typhoons.

Edited by Armagon

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

There's some powder you can sprinkle on your crops to make them more resistent to typhoons and blizzards.

Post-game, you can just use Orders to delete typhoons.

I'm pretty sure the Order only pushes back the date... and there's a limit to how many times you can do that with each given typhoon/blizzard. Not entirely sure on the latter. Unless Special added an actual remove Order.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

For typhoons and such, you have to keep an eye on the soil's Defense stat. You can increase it with Wettable Powder. Can be bought or crafted. 63 is the max Defense each patch of soil can have. You should have or soon have a request regarding this. Though by that point you should've already done it.

Just now, Armagon said:

Huh. I guess I missed that somehow. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Huh. I guess I missed that somehow. Thanks.

You always have to mind the soil. Use the Magnifying Glass item to inspect it. Specially if you want the crops with high levels, you must keep the soil's stats high.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Context?

Spoiler

remember how i told you Crossbell got the 
C U R S E ?

Well dispelled by Rixia's very showy dance lmao

Final Dungeon atm

40 Characters

395627468276367370.png?v=1

Edited by Shrimperor

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'm pretty sure the Order only pushes back the date... and there's a limit to how many times you can do that with each given typhoon/blizzard. Not entirely sure on the latter. Unless Special added an actual remove Order.

Yeah it pushes back the date but i don't recall there ever being a limit.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:
  Reveal hidden contents

remember how i told you Crossbell got the 
C U R S E ?

Well dispelled by Rixia's very showy dance lmao

Spoiler

This actually just raised more questions that i want to ask lmao.

21 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

While RF4 doesn't have too many memorable tracks, I've got to give the Water Ruins music a mention (since I didn't before) for being a really solid dungeon theme.

Yeah, the prior games weren't particularly amazing on the music front either, serviceable, but not memorable.

On 8/25/2020 at 3:01 PM, lightcosmo said:

A question about Xenoblade 2:

Reveal hidden contents

Malos calls Mythra "partner", is there no relation at all between the two? 

Another one:

Reveal hidden contents

Jin talking with Mythra in Torna telling her that her "true partner" isnt here, how does he know this is the case? By the way her and Addam fight together?

For the first one:

Spoiler

As Aegises, Malos is convinced that he and Mythra were both created by the Architect for the purpose of destroying humanity. Mythra disagrees, but isn't fully sure that he's wrong until she meets the Architect herself. Thus, "partner" is Malos's term of endearment for his fellow weapon of mass destruction (mostly in Torna, he tends to refer to Pyra and Mythra by their names in the main game and is one of the few non-party members to recognize them as different individuals).

Unless you're talking about their literal relationship, in which case the fanbase likes to treat Malos (and Alvis) as Pyra and Mythra's "brother" since they all refer to the Architect as Father. They don't consider each other family in-game, and considering their antagonism they probably wouldn't like to.

For the second, Jin just has good intuition.

Anyway, after checking to see which bosses have what themes in Xenoblade 2, I decided to keep track of all the times Pyra and Mythra switched between each other. Do with this information what you will, you can even use it to argue which girl is better or something (which would be pointless, since they're both perfect).

Spoiler

Pyra is present for the entirety of Chapters 1 and 2.
Mythra is present for most of Torna, but she transforms into Pyra for the first time after Torna’s destruction and Milton’s death. Pyra and Addam part with Team Lora in Gormott, which is Pyra’s only appearance.

Chapter 3:
-Mythra reawakens to save Rex from Malos and Akhos, then switches back to Pyra once they retreat.

Chapter 4:
-Mythra takes over from Pyra to yell at Rex for being reckless, and switches back when she’s done.
-Mythra sleepwalks into Rex’s bed, then leaves after her outburst. Pyra is active in the morning.
-Mythra takes control to enjoy the hot spring (and Pyra briefly switches in to explain how Mythra’s been looking forward to it). Pyra switches in briefly once more to explain that their memories are shared, and again to say that Rex should get used to using Mythra’s power.
-Mythra switches to Pyra during the party’s second battle with Mòrag to avoid seriously harming her. Mythra switches back prior to explaining the situation with Lila.
-Pyra switches in during the battle with Mikhail and Patroka to surround them with a wall of flame along with Brighid. Once that’s done, Mythra switches in to attack them with Siren.

Chapter 5:
-After probing Fan la Norne, Mythra changes to Pyra to think things over. (Mythra comments about the Indoline trying too hard once the party reaches Indol.)
-Pyra changes to Mythra while conversing with Amalthus following the party’s first meeting with him. 
-Pyra is active again when the party hears of the incident in Temperantia. Mythra switches in to figure out that Jin is behind it. She remains active for the rest of the chapter.

Chapter 6:
-Strangely, Mythra is present before fighting the Tirkin chefs, but Pyra is present after. When the party saves Raqura from Giga Rosa, Mythra is active again! They did a lot of switching offscreen…
-Mythra switches to Pyra prior to entering Tantal to help warm up the party.
(Mythra and Pyra talk for a bit while being restrained in Tantal)
-Pyra switches to Mythra upon reaching Genbu Crown to repair the Omega Fetter.
-Mythra is reverted to Pyra after being defeated by Jin.

Chapter 7:
-Pyra is active for all of the chapter, on account of being captured by Torna.
-After being “deleted” by Malos, Pyra and Mythra both talk with Rex. They transform into Pneuma for the first time afterwards.

Chapter 8:
-Pyra and Mythra talk to each other in Elysium.
-Pneuma reverts back to Mythra offscreen before the chapter starts.
-Mythra transforms to Pneuma to heal Jin, then transforms back after.
-Mythra switches with Pyra after learning from Jin what happened with Lora and Torna.
-Pyra transforms to Pneuma to activate the elevator to the World Tree, then transforms back after.
-Oddly, Mythra appears on Amalthus’s monitor in Indol despite Pyra being active before and after.
-Pyra switches to Mythra offscreen during the battle with the Indoline warrior monks.

Chapter 9:
-Mythra switches to Pyra offscreen while the Marsanes fights Indol. She switches to Mythra while planning how to disable Amalthus’s control over the Titans, and Pyra switches back in to offer an idea before once again switching back with Mythra.
-Mythra transforms into Pneuma to destroy Indol’s control pillars with Siren, then reverts back after.
-Mythra switches with Pyra offscreen after Mikhail sacrifices himself.
-Pyra switches with Mythra before the final confrontation with Jin.
-Mythra transforms into Pneuma following the battle with Jin to counter his absolute zero abilities. She remains in that form until she is struck by Amalthus while protecting Jin, after which she reverts to Mythra.

Chapter 10:
-Pyra is active by the start of the chapter and is present for most of it, though Mythra also appears during Rex’s mental sequence (until the ending, this is Mythra’s last physical appearance).
-Pyra is transformed by the Architect into Pneuma after his big speech, and she remains in that form for the rest of the game until she sacrifices herself to destroy the First Low Orbit Station.
-Pyra and Mythra are revived in separate bodies following the credits.

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

@Lightchao42 I quite literally have zero context for this.

It's apparently some kind of weird crossover movie. Before his rematch with Kong, Godzilla must face his greatest rival yet... Hatsune Miku!

I was watching the Great British Baking Show again, it has convinced me Xenoblade British accents are fake. Real British accents are unintelligible 20% of the time, very low-pitched voices and clipping off half or more of the syllables does that.

6 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Before his rematch with Kong, Godzilla must face his greatest rival yet... Hatsune Miku!

I'm sure Miku would win, she's survived dragon apocalypses twice.

Just now, AnonymousSpeed said:

So, apparently there's a best ship competition in the works for after the higsby competition.

I believe that you mean an Aran x Laura competition. Let's go, make them two time champs!

Just now, Benice said:

I believe that you mean an Aran x Laura competition. Let's go, make them two time champs!

I think the rules should be intentionally ambiguous as to what the shipping in question is, so that trade routes can be incorporated for those without OTPs.