Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is also the year that the Pacific Rim Kaiju show up so don't worry, we'll have giant Mecha ready for when the True Dragons show up.

We don't have a Dragon Slayer, though.

Edited by DragonFlames

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Julian Teehee said:

Ordered Persona Q2 for 3DS since I'm in a Persona 5 mood right now.

I hope it's enjoyable for you, good luck with it!

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

By the way, do you know if there are translations for 2020 and/or 2020-II out there?
Now that I have a way of playing PSP games, I would like to at least attempt to play these, as well.

"Thank you for the review! I didn't know there was a translation of an older 7th Dragon game. I was interested in trying them out, but I don't really understand Japanese, so I thought it'd be out of the question. I think I'll give this game a spin!"

Your words, back in 2017, exactly one day short of three years ago. It appears you forgot.

So yes, there are English fan translations. How else would I have played them to completion, barring the bonus dungeon in each game that I did not attempt? I've no understanding of Japanese. I even posted images of Nyala and Fomalhaut here once before. There a few minor differences from the official VFD translation, for instance, Nyala is called Niara in 2020 and Aytelle is now Aitelle IIRC, but it's nothing significant.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Haji in a nutshell

Spoiler

hajimari_main_story.png

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:
Spoiler

Hey, if you played the game, you could at least have the satisfaction of destroying the very thing you hate. xD

Spoiler

Except you play as fucking Hahaboy yourself.

Imagine being so much the center of the universe, you are the fucking protag and final boss at the same time

3 hours ago, Armagon said:
Spoiler

Also what is this crazy machine God you speak of?

Spoiler

unknown.png

Elysion
Some kinda super computer that calculate and create anything

a Fanfic generator basically where anything can be canon now

it 'calculated' Normal End and created Rean Alter from it

It's not a septterrion lmao. Who even cares about those anymore

Simulation theories are becoming very real

Also we got Grandmaster reveal

Spoiler

unknown.png

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:
Spoiler

IGCs2km.jpg

I just kept laughing and laughing

and still am

Edited by Shrimperor

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
  3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hey, if you played the game, you could at least have the satisfaction of destroying the very thing you hate. xD

Reveal hidden contents
Spoiler

wat?

How does that even make any sense?

I guess I'd have to play Cold Steel to understand, maybe?

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:
Spoiler

How does that even make any sense?

Spoiler

True End Rean vs. Normal End Rean

Normal End Rean which is brought forth by a fanfiction creation machine, no joke

You are really looking for the wrong series if you want stuff to make sense haha

Edited by Shrimperor

My entry to Falcom, 7 years ago, the start of me becoming a real fan of something

me wanting to exit Falcom, 2020

The difference in the Quality of the 2 tracks also mirrors the difference in the quality of game design between classic and modern Falcom

5 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I don’t even really know what’s going on in here so I’ll just drink some more. *Takes another swig of whisky*

gimme some

Just now, Shrimperor said:
  Hide contents

True End Rean vs. Normal End Rean

Normal End Rean which is brought forth by a fanfiction creation machine, no joke

Spoiler

Fanfiction, huh? Top quality storytelling right there. /s

I see. Rean from an alternate timeline then (as it was described in a thread chatting about someone livestreaming the entire game).

Falcom with the latest Trails games:

tenor.gif?itemid=16262910

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:
Spoiler

alternate timeline

Spoiler

kinda

he isn't a dimension traveler

he was 'calculated and created' by 

unknown.png

Elysion

That was able to 'calculate' normal End

Edited by Shrimperor

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

My entry to Falcom, 7 years ago, the start of me becoming a real fan of something

Musical brilliance.

me wanting to exit Falcom, 2020

Musical mediocrity. Not bad, but fairly generic. Missing that special Falcom touch.

33 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
  Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

Elysion
Some kinda super computer that calculate and create anything

a Fanfic generator basically where anything can be canon now

it 'calculated' Normal End and created Rean Alter from it

It's not a septterrion lmao. Who even cares about those anymore

Simulation theories are becoming very real

Spoiler

Ok I won't lie, I do like weird sci-fi shit like this, at least on a conceptual level and a supercomputer that can calculate anything does remind me of the Zohar in Xenogears. Though execution is always different and more important (Xenogears isn't a simulation basically).

What doesn't make sense to me is why it's not a Sept-Terrion. Even an artificial one like Steel or Zero would've made more sense. 

33 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also we got Grandmaster reveal

Face reveal at least. We still don't know much about the Grandmaster.

Spoiler

Also just realized she's on the boxart for Hajimare.

Edited by Armagon

Gotta say, I like these two battle themes quite a bit. Still not as good as Get Over the Barrier but the Lloyd and Rean route battle themes are probably the best normal battle themes we've gotten in the series since Zero imo.

4 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

And you probably should've opted for Mist instead (although most units are viable in PoR because of low difficulty and BEXP) since she gets a mount upon promotion. Mounted units are really amazing in PoR.

Well, I'm still only in chapter 9.

Interesting. So a 2020 JPN release may not be a sure thing after all. Though as long as it ends up being great, I'll be happy. I'd rather have it be delayed than be rushed.

I do hope, whenever it's released, that a worldwide or multilanguage release happens. But definitely expecting otherwise.

jwnwhdrzcdj51.png

Nice! I'm certainly going to want to play that one! Unless the love system continues to hate me. SERIOUSLY, I'M AT EIGHT HEARTS AND I STILL CAN'T GET THE PROPER CONFESSION WHY?!

Why and how are you tanking anything with Rhys? Or any healer for that matter? Especially on hard mode.

I dunno, I just do weird stuff like that. (And Angelic robe gives him enough bulk to survive three rounds)Like, in the FE6 succession run, I decided to train a level 1 paladin Alan in the second to last map when everyone else was level 17 second tier. And I somehow kept him alive but killed the three best units we had.

8 hours ago, LightingChaos said:

he gets doubled by people or doubles people? either way rolf is not viable in hard mode, way too long to train him up and mia is a better option anyways. marcia also joins that chapter and she turns into an amazing flyer as well. stop worrying about the little boy and get the girls lmao 

But he's a bad unit! I must use every bad unit! And I'm not gonna use Bonus Experience!

I'd say Zihark, but again, everyone can be good with BEXP.

Aren't both of them bad because no good 1-2 range options? I intend to use both, because I like myrmidons, though.

48 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I don’t even really know what’s going on in here so I’ll just drink some more. *Takes another swig of whisky*

I'll join you. *Steals Wraith's whisky.*

Those 2 are good

sadly chicken clucking plays most of the time

What? Is the battle theme really that Cluckling bad?

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

🐔

I'm not gonna lie, it's not even that bad. I guess it's a good way to channel one's hatred for Rean, though.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

But he's a bad unit! I must use every bad unit! And I'm not gonna use Bonus Experience!

313-picture1.gif?w=652

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Aren't both of them bad because no good 1-2 range options? I intend to use both, because I like myrmidons, though.

Zihark starts stronger and can do some great work mid-to-late game as a swordmaster. Mia less so since she takes longer to get good. Nonmounted units aren't bad necessarily. Just not quite as good as the mounted units since canto is amazing in PoR. Stefan is the best swordmaster/myrmidon though.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

I'll join you. *Steals Wraith's whisky.*

*takes it back*

No, sir. You're underage.

*hands him some ginger ale instead*

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

🐔

How did I not hear that the first time I listened to it?

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Unless the love system continues to hate me. SERIOUSLY, I'M AT EIGHT HEARTS AND I STILL CAN'T GET THE PROPER CONFESSION WHY?!

Maybe Margaret just isn't for you. Clorica wouldn't do this to you. You should try romancing Clorica instead.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

🐔

I honestly expected worse but I can't unhear the chickens so I don't think I like it.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

*takes it back*

No, sir. You're underage.

*hands him some ginger ale instead*

Reality is often disappointing. *Takes a swig anyways*

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Zihark starts stronger and can do some great work mid-to-late game as a swordmaster

Oh, gross! I'll stick to using Mia.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

Well, I'm still only in chapter 9.

That's what BEXP is for. You ought to use it to get Mist to lvl 10, give her a Master Seal, and use her as your primary healer.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Maybe Margaret just isn't for you. Clorica wouldn't do this to you. You should try romancing Clorica instead.

Can confirm. Clorica accepted my confession on the first try.

Dolce is best girl, but Clorica is also a good option as well.