• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, in Rutger's case it just pisses me off that the horrendously unlikeable edgelord is the best unit in the game. Why must it always be like that? Why can't the top tier unit be someone I like?

Calm down, everything is going to be alright!

Anyways, the edgelord is always top tier? Huh, the more you know.

4 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Reminds me that I haven’t played that many FEs xD (unless you’re talking about Azura and company, in which case, which family?)

Both families.
With the exception of Sakura and Elise, they can all go die in a fire for all I care.

They're easily my absolute least favorite characters in Fire Emblem, and perhaps even my least favorite in video games in general (although Otsuu exists).
At least half of my hatred for Fates comes solely from these... things.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Draggy has just went off the deep end, everyone!

Don't worry, I just felt like venting for some reason. XD
I'm all good now!

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ngl, the only family I could think with more than six member AND with someone with blue hair, assuming we stretch the definition and count technicalities... are the Greil Mercs.

... but they hardly fit his descriptions...

Nah, I love the Greil Mercs! XD

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, I've played all of them except Awakening, Fates and Genealogy (also the NES games, but I've played the remakes of those), and I don't know what he's talking about either. So don't feel too bad about it.

I was thinking it might be something Sigurd related cause he has blue hair I think.

But my bet is on Azura, Corrin, Xander, Camilla, Leo, and Elise. (Which is sad because Leo is one of few fates characters I like narratively and Elise is cute)

6 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

I was thinking it might be something Sigurd related cause he has blue hair I think.

But my bet is on Azura, Corrin, Xander, Camilla, Leo, and Elise. (Which is sad because Leo is one of few fates characters I like narratively and Elise is cute)

Azura, Xander, Ryoma, Camilla, Hinoka, Takumi, and Leo, actually.
I just... ugh. I don't like any of them.
Although I guess Leo is the least bad... and Camilla's support with Frederick in FE Warriors is funny.
But that's about all the good I can say about any of them.

I haven't seen enough of Sigurd to hate the guy (and he gets burned enough, so I'll cut him some slack).

5 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

whomst?

Otsuu is the protagonist of a game called Mary Skelter 2, and she's about the worst protagonist I've ever seen in a video game.
You know the "m'lady" *tips fedora* meme? You know the definition of a simp?
She's both. Unironically.
And she's also a giant a-hole to everyone except the person she's m'lady'ing for, making her "kindness" look incredibly fake.

Edited by DragonFlames

Oh yeah fates characters are dipshits...

Not the characters i hate the most though, not even in FE

9 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Y'know, it'd be really nice if people would stop spamming emergency meeting when nobody's even been killed yet.

Welcome to among us xD

You know, I may strongly dislike the way monsters were implemented and gambits in Three Houses, but I really do like how as far as I can tell, map effects such as fire or poison can't kill a unit.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

map effects such as fire or poison can't kill a unit.

You can thank fates for that.

It may have the worst story ever written, with the most bullshit of characters and cringiest of Fanservice

But gameplay? Conquest gameplay is the best gameplay FE has ever seen, and probably the best we will ever see.

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

But gameplay? Conquest gameplay is the best gameplay FE has ever seen, and probably the best we will ever see.

tbh Birthright hasn't been too bad either from the fairly small sample size-probably better than the majority of FEs, in fact. I am really looking forwards to Conquest.

Edited by Benice

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Birthright is baaaaaad, and holds nothing on Conquest

The maps must get worse later on, then. It is usually the mid-late game that decides a game, I guess.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Haaaaah~

Venting feels good at times!
Sorry to have subjected you to that, everyone!

Nw. Venting is good.

Now let me start ranting about how calling BotW "nOt a rEaL zElDa gAmE" because they don't like the new style of gameplay is the most bull shigady argument I've ever heard and how it's disrespectful to the devs.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

tbh Birthright hasn't been too bad either from the fairly small sample size-probably better than the majority of FEs, in fact.

Birthright is baaaaaad, and holds nothing on Conquest

The eternal rivalry continues, I see. xD

You need to experience conquest ch10 Lunatic

It's an... experience in fair but super difficult FE gameplay, without bullshit hitrates or useless player units

I think there are 3 or 4 maps in total i hate in conquest

Fox hell

Ninja hell

Ryoma chapter

And that's it

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I will at some point! So far I am thoroughly enjoying BR and I know that it's quite reviled, so I am super excited for Conquest. I have to say, BR is definitely a better entry point to the series than FE7.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It's an... experience xD

There is one problem with that, and that is this: the one time I attempted Lunatic, I didn't even make it to the route split. XD

And I hated Ch. 11; 12; and everything from Chapter 17 to Endgame.
And I completely forgot what Chapters 13-16 even are. I think one is the Valla map and that was kinda neat, and another one was a boat map, where you get Boots at the end.
7-10 I was kind of fine with, but eh. They didn't save it.

Add to that the atrocious characters and story and... yeah, I'm never playing that game again.

Also, Conquest is the only FE game were higher difficulty doesn't mean enemy stat inflation, but enemies (even mobs!) Having better/different skills and positioning.

Iirc lunatic enemies have the same stats as hard enemies. They just have more dangerous skills.

I will at some point! So far I am thoroughly enjoying BR and I know that it's quite reviled, so I am super excited for Conquest. I have to say, BR is definitely a better entry point to the series than FE7.

Enjoy!

Iirc lunatic enemies have the same stats as hard enemies. They just have more dangerous skills.

Higher weapon ranks too, which effects hit/crit/defense, If I remember correctly.

Blitzed through the remnant of Classic EOU2 with my old team, there wasn't very much left, but Picnic made it truly effortless. Poor final boss never even landed an attack on me because I got off a Panic. Now that I've purged it at last, I can later start anew and try a more functional team.

Gotta say I like the EOV 5th Stratum more than U2's. Although why do I feel both games were starting to run a little on empty at this point.

I want to start the new U2 Classic run at a full 3DS charge, so I'll do that tomorrow. 

Just now, Benice said:

tbh Birthright hasn't been too bad either from the fairly small sample size-probably better than the majority of FEs, in fact. I am really looking forwards to Conquest.

I like Birthright's gameplay enough.  But it has good bones, if the only the flesh atop them was made by a more intelligent creator, not necessarily CQ complicated, but I think they stayed too close to an Awakening experience.

Conquest was thrillingly brutal the first time on Hard. But after that? Once was enough, nope, not a glutton for more punishment! Though I did come back for more CQ runs which I could enjoy, I never finished any of them, these habaneros were too spicy. I do appreciate that via a melange of optional means, Fates lets you customize your difficulty a fair bit. Raw Lunatic Classic would be too much for myself, but with a slew of BP/VP rewards I grinded for, it's not so bad.

BR is definitely a better entry point to the series than FE7.

TBF, there's more than a decade separating them. Quality of life thankfully improved in huge leaps in that time.