Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

12 minutes ago, Benice said:

I dunno, just being able to completely circumvent any problem a given item to use is a bad thing IMO.

Trading items around has saved my skins too many times for me to agree with this. Not just saving my skin but during the occasional moments where there's an enemy recruitable, if getting to them is kinda tricky, I'd put a tanky unit at the farthest range they can be attacked from but trade away all weapons (or just the melee/ranged weapons depending on who it is I'm trying to recruit) to avoid them accidentally killing the recruitable while tanking the hit.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

And I wrapped up Tuesday in DS2. Ronaldo is as OOF! as I remember him already shame, because I like Kratos Aurion, but I can't say I don't enjoy the writing overall, otherwise I wouldn't have double-dipped. Fused a Kikuri-Hime, the first source of Recarm, so I can finally revive dead demons during battle, which happens sometimes even with expertly fused allies.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I prefer a more lineal progression. Just stick with the same ever-growing group all game long.

Maybe do RD!Part 4 style route splits. Like SRW does!

I feel like posting one of the informative SRW flow-charts I've seen on Akurasu in response to this. Though I won't because they'd take up too much space. The first Masoukishin's looks incredibly overwhelming, although I can see it being an outlier.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Going back to the multiple army setup that Radiant Dawn had would be nice though.

Or, there is the Shin Megami Tensei option. For Fates and Three Houses, FE forced you to pick your route at the very beginning before you know much of anything. SMT does the exact opposite. 

In Shin Megami Tensei, for 95% of the game, you're dragged through the narrative, officially neutral to all sides. Though you do make some dialogue and maybe gameplay choices along the way that influence the path you will walk or can choose from (depends on the game). It's not until the final and darkest hour, when the rival factions have fully amassed their forces for one final offensive, that you are forced to pick a route, a future for humanity.

A difference stemming from this is that the vast majority of any SMT playthrough will be almost exactly the same as any prior one. But you could consider that better than the "lie" of Three Houses, where the first half is identical despite having chosen your route right away. Would anything be lost if the route split was delayed there until the tomb for Crimson or Not-Crimson, and maybe a little later for splitting Verdant, Silver, and Azure?

-This coming from someone currently in the middle of an SMT spinoff with the above route-split system.

28 minutes ago, Armagon said:

@Interdimensional Observer so some interesting Xenoblade X news came out

IMG_20201014_001507.jpg

IMG_20201014_001509.jpg

Great! Not sure how much more often this means Ygg Z appears, but this is good anyhow, until Nintendo finally shuts down the server, whenever that is.

And uh, I don't know how to set up exchange the IDs or codes or whatever it is, but if it is possible for us to do Ygg Z or Telethia Plume together online, I'd be willing to offer you my assistance for some Tickets.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, I prefer fatigue over several armies if the intent is to get to use more characters than the norm.

i like fatigue, but i don't think you can compare both

You don't get other pov with fatigue, as an example

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I feel like posting one of the informative SRW flow-charts I've seen on Akurasu in response to this. Though I won't because they'd take up too much space. The first Masoukishin's looks incredibly overwhelming, although I can see it being an outlier.

I've actually linked Alpha's in here before. Just the link to the flowchart, though.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

i like fatigue, but i don't think you can compare both

You don't get other pov with fatigue, as an example

Once again: Route Splits.

Okay, let's do it again!

http://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars/Alpha/Complete_Chart

25 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

You can do that without making 90% of yout units a burden. See FE5. FE5 forces you to use more units than usual because fatigue, but it never goes into forcing useless units on players.

Not every unit needs to be amazing. Not being amazing does not mean not useful or not useable. Not to mention that SD and FE12, (as well as FE6 to some extent) frequently hand you prepromotes and good units to use.

umm, not really, thanks to the turn system, the enemy will have a shot at you before you can trade it around.

If they're chocking a point, though. Yes, it was a bad example, but the point stands.

It also makes skills such as Prepared really helpful-Which gives units a niche.

I see nothing wrong with it, if you plan around doing that.

That's just a taste thing, then. I don't think you should be able to use the best items multiple times every turn, personally, but I'm probably wrong.

14 minutes ago, Benice said:

Not every unit needs to be amazing.

Not every unit has to be amazing. I never said that.

But not every unit has to be a burden, either.

The amount of amazing units in FE5 can be counted on two hands, while you have to have ~30 units ready, and the units i would call a burden in FE5 can be counted in one hand

14 minutes ago, Benice said:

It also makes skills such as Prepared really helpful-Which gives units a niche

Can still be useful with treadequipping. Especially since tradeequipping costs a player action.

Edited by Shrimperor

I took a break from Xenoblade X to continue my BoC run of Xenoblade 2. Made it to Tantal but not Theosoir yet. I hadn't played in a while so I forgot how tough BoC is on the Party Gauge.

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And uh, I don't know how to set up exchange the IDs or codes or whatever it is, but if it is possible for us to do Ygg Z or Telethia Plume together online, I'd be willing to offer you my assistance for some Tickets.

Sounds neat, although I'll probably be saving any online stuff for the post-game.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

But not every unit has to be a burden, either.

There's only a few units in FE who are truly burdens-Roy, Wendy, Amelia, Meg, Leonardo, to name a few. Most everyone else has a purpose that they can fulfill throughout the game.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Can still be useful without treadequipping. Especially since tradeequipping costs a player action.

I still feel that Tradequipping is quite broken and should be nerfed or limited to some units. Like, a merchant-ish class or thief or something, or a prf skill for certain units, or an item that allows items to be traded.

Also, mercenary units in FE when, IS?

11 minutes ago, Benice said:

There's only a few units in FE who are truly burdens-

...not really.

Having a purpose =/= not burden/useful.

Christine's purpose being citizen requests still makes her a big ass burden that annoys me everytime i have to use her, as an example.

11 minutes ago, Benice said:

I still feel that Tradequipping is quite broken and should be nerfed or limited to some units.

eh. It's one thing i don't think should ever go honestly.

I it already got nerfed in 3H since you can't tradequip magic anymore.

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Having a purpose =/= not burden/useful.

Christine's purpose being citizen requests still makes her a bigg ass burden that annoys me everytime i have to use her, as an example

Christine is good, though. One of two units with crossbows, and horse access. You didn't use her, so she didn't do well, but she is not a purely utility unit and will hold her own very well between her very good prf and free permanent recruitment, and decent base crossbow skill.

A unit does not have to be better than anyone else to be good. They can fill a part on a team, so even if they are suboptimal, they work and do their job.

21 minutes ago, Benice said:

You didn't use her

because she blind.

decent base crossbow skill.

I wouldn't call 7 decent. 

A unit does not have to be better than anyone else to be good.

I think you should know that i played enough FE games to know that, with one that foces you to use alot of your units.

suboptimal

your definition of suboptimal is different from mine. Suboptimal units are like Odin in Conquest, being somewhat useful. Or like Perceval in Berwick, with the only good thunder access, or Esteban with extra FoW range. Units that have their niche situations

Sophia for example is downright a big burden, so is most of FE6 cast, and Ruby/Sherlock/Christine in Berwick.

Edited by Shrimperor

So... this happened...

Tyx97us.png

Yep. This is another of those supernatural/absurd events that can happen should one toggled them so. Jan Mayen intensifies.

Anyway... so the Empress now has a bear for a grandson. A Catholic bear. Because not being human is no excuse!

17 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I wouldn't call 7 decent. 

Decent enough to reach about 90 hit with aim.

18 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ruby/Sherlock/Christine in Berwick.

All three of those are niche units, though. Sherlock is the bosskiller, Ruby is needed for the best unit in the game and Christine has horse-lover, crossbows a good prf and aim. All three are mediocre at best, but are certainly useful once trained. Sherlock is easily the most explosive unit in the game (barring Brymranger!Sherpa) and is generally considered to be very, very good after the earlygame, and Christine's ability to heal horses combined with so-so combat makes her okay as well. Almost every unit has some situation where they will excel, not just in Berwick, but FE in general. It'd be hard to find units who literally have no purpose.

So, since for all intents and purposes the character is human before this event chain, well, not knowing it would happen I had him marry.

Yeah... about that...

HIernvN.png

Oh no...

xeLEElE.png

OH YES

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

Funny thing is, being the "son" of my current heir, it's quite plausible for the bear to become the next Emperor. No, I'll actually do everything possible to ensure his older "brother" doesn't die before inheriting. Funny thing is, since he has quite high Intrigue at 14, I can appoint him as my Spymaster. A bear for Spymaster... where I can send him to incognito jobs... while a bear.

Pft, HAHAHAHAHAHA

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Tyx97us.png

I hope you chose "this is unbearable!"

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

A bear for Spymaster... where I can send him to incognito jobs... while a bear.

Inspector Gadget x CK2 crossover?

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

I hope you chose "this is unbearable!"

Inspector Gadget x CK2 crossover?

I didn't. Doing that is basically a "Do you really not want to proceed with this?" option, turning him back into a human. For the amusement, I didn't.

14 in the stat is like borderline masterful in the stat. (15+ is considered to be among the best there is, despite the stat capping much higher than that) He'll be beary competent, that's for sure.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I didn't. Doing that is basically a "Do you really not want to proceed with this?" option, turning him back into a human.

Oh.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

14 in the stat is like borderline masterful in the stat. (15+ is considered to be among the best there is, despite the stat capping much higher than that) He'll be beary competent, that's for sure.

He'll be bearing the load of a country's hopes!

btw @Benice is there some even for Czene in that wyvern desert map? She complains about them and says ''what a pain''

16 minutes ago, Benice said:

Christine has horse-lover, crossbows a good prf and aim

let's take this is an example. Horse lover is super super niche

And Aim is not that good with christine because she can neither hide nor dodge tank. With Sylvis, i can hide her in a forest so no one will detect her, then use Aim. Not to mention Sylvis has good speen, enough to dodgetank semi-reliably.

Is she could atleast do something well, like for example perceval with thunder, she would be ''suboptimal'', but how she is she can't do anything well, even with her prf you have to be super careful. Hence a burden.

Good prfs alone doesn't make a unit good.

Edited by Shrimperor

Despite the absurdity of the event, CK2 actually has an Animal Kingdoms mode, where indeed, you can have animals as playable characters.

The list of animals is the following: horses, cats, bears, hedgehogs, ducks, dogs, elephants, red pandas... and dragons. Yep, dragons. You can have them coexist with human characters, or just plain have a game world with nothing but animals. Never done it, but it's there.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I mean, we all know FE and their half-dragons... but CK2 can have half-horses, half-bears, half-something or others...

On that subject, there have been projects to make CK2 mods that are basically FE in CK2. Too bad none ever got far. Though now that CK3 is out, someone might try again over there. I'd hope.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Eyyy, new title! I like it. It has Berwick Saga in it.

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

We can even see it in the way we played Berwick.

...Okay, as someone who finds Berwick's cast to be more consistently useful than any FE's, allow me to argue angrily.

I insta dropped units like Esteban, Ruby and Christine, and they are too weak for my tastes and i see no merit in training them.

I like my growth units, as for example i trained Enid as she came with a sword that allowed me to train her, but if you are gonna make my life a pain, i am not using you.

Esteban and Ruby, fine. Esteban is the worst archer (not that he's bad, but he's rather outclassed), and Ruby only exists to expedite her dad's recruitment (she's a challenge unit that rewards you with a better unit).

Christine, though? She's better than Sylvis at using crossbows, she has Aim and a horse that allows her to Canto away after aiming, and she's the only unit in the game who can heal horses. When you get horses that grant movement, speed, etc. it's a pretty nice thing to have.

As for Sherlock (not mentioned here, but elsewhere)... yeah, true, his start is bad. He's also one of the units with the most potential in the game. He only needs better equipment, and then Double-Shot and One-Two begin to shine as the great skills they are. Not only that, his promotion is one of the easiest to get in the game, even though it's a WpSkill promotion (the guy gains bow skill at mach 10 speed, I swear). When he gets there, he gains a +1 move horse and Double-Shot is upgraded to Triple-Shot. He can shoot four times at the boss. How amazing is that?

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Is she could atleast do something well, like for example perceval with thunder, she would be ''suboptimal'', but how she is she can't do anything well, even with her prf you have to be super careful. Hence a burden.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

because she blind.

Uh... Okay, I apologize if I sound rather harsh, but...

Eak2b3qu o

You call this blind? In Berwick Saga?

Obviously if you never use her she gets worse, but... This isn't blind, man, this is the best hitrates in the earlygame outside of Adel/Leon with Supporter. Her crossbow skill growth is really good, so she mantains consistently high hitrates forever. And against the more dodgy enemies, she can use Aim. Most other units don't have that. And yeah, it's true that she doesn't have Hide like Sylvis - but she does have Canto, so you can place her next to enemies, have her Aim the following turn, then run away.

Really not as bad as you make her sound, to be honest. But I guess it's too late now.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

btw @Benice is there some even for Czene in that wyvern desert map? She complains about them and says ''what a pain''

...Did you miss the special thing?

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I swear Kaga has a number 24 fetish

I guess you did miss the special thing... Oh, well. It's not that good, anyway.

I just hope school was a one time thing. I really don't hope they go down the fates route and double down on everything i didn't like much in 3H.

Frankly, I could tolerate the school if the maps lasted longer than 15 minutes and didn't make me fall asleep.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He only needs better equipment

here is the thing: I can't level him up because he never hits anything, and due to low lvl he can't use any of the good weapons

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

so you can place her next to enemies, have her Aim the following turn, then run away.

Which means you have to use her first thing next turn, which is severly lmiting, especially if other units are in danger.

Crossbows aren't even that good, imo. 0 Range counter is nice, sure, but game is more geared towards Player turn action, and 0 counter only works of she can evade, which Christine can't due to low Speed.

Without aim she will have ~50 hit early game, which is blind in my books, considering i was able to consistly get ~80 hit in ch1 with almost everyone.

Don't forget she also comes 4 turns late by which you have cleared most of the map already.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I guess you did miss the special thing...

Nope, i got it 😛

It made me go wtf, really haha.

Faye now has a cool nosferatu sword

I was refering to another ch11 main map when i went ''Kaga 24 fetish'' xD

rankly, I could tolerate the school if the maps lasted longer than 15 minutes and didn't make me fall asleep.

Call me weird but outside of early game and ch10 i found berwick actually easier than 3H. Then again i think 3H is harder than most FE for some reason lmao.

minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Which means you have to use her first thing next turn, which is severly lmiting, especially if other units are in danger.

Crossbows aren't even that good, imo. 0 Range counter is nice, sure, but game is more geared towards Player turn action, and 0 counter only works of she can evade, which Christine can't due to low Speed.

Without aim she will have ~50 hit early game, which is blind in my books, considering i was able to consistly get ~80 hit in ch1 with almost everyone.

Don't forget she also comes 4 turns late by which you have cleared most of the map already.

Meh... I still don't remember her hitrates being nearly that bad. But we're going in circles at this point, so let's let it rest.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Call me weird but outside of early game and ch10 i found berwick actually easier than 3H. Then again i think 3H is harder than most FE for some reason lmao.

I'll definitely call you weird, 'cause hot damn is 3H extremely easy to me. Not as much as the snoozefest that was PoR, that's true. Still, on hard difficulty, the first two chapters are okay, and then everyone gets Seth-tier OP and the only real threat left is the DK. On maddening difficulty, it's hard for all the wrong reasons - more so since I'm playing FE12's brilliantly designed Lunatic, so now I know for a fact that they can and have done it better.

But, well, at this point I suppose it's just a matter of tastes. You're allowed to not like Berwick Saga as much as me, and I'm allowed to not like 3H as much as you!

Although, in my case, my distaste for 3H does make me rather afraid for the future of a series I claim to love, but... Oh, well, what can you do.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Meh... I still don't remember her hitrates being nearly that bad. But we're going in circles at this point, so let's let it rest.

I would just like to add it could be playstyles. Like i usually like to use reliable units more than anything, hence in usual FE fighters and the like aren't my thing at all

I'll definitely call you weird, 'cause hot damn is 3H extremely easy to me.

Ngl i was surprised when everyone was calling 3H easy online, especially since i am one of those who think FE5 is on the easier side most of the time after the manster arc.

Only time i found 3H easy was when i was playing Blue Lions, because every unit of theirs was so op haha

On maddening difficulty, it's hard for all the wrong reasons

Agree

You're allowed to not like Berwick Saga as much as me, and I'm allowed to not like 3H as much as you!

True!

I would say so far Berwick is on the upper half of FEs imo (just below FE5), but there are just some really frustrating design descisions keeping it from being truely great imo, but i will go in detail when i finish the game, and maybe 2nd half of the game will change my mind on them 😉

Although, in my case, my distaste for 3H does make me rather afraid for the future of a series I claim to love, but... Oh, well, what can you do.

I love 3H but i don't want another 3H xD

Edited by Shrimperor