Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

...Speaking of bad frame rates in Switch games. And this was made exclusively for Switch.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Clarify?

Theres a certain Tyrant surrounded by high level goons that you can quickly dispatch en masse and then safely flee from, even with a level 30 Skell. It's great for leveling fast, and maxing out classes.

For right now, you could try out this trick:

"This is probably one of the easiest ways to level up in the game. You can do this with your avatar as a level 3 Mastermind or have Irinia reach Level 13 Psycorruptor+. You need the arts Brainjack and Servant Sacrifice. After you build up at least 1000 TP, head to FN 112 and fight a weaker enemy near the Milesaur. Once you engage, put away your weapon and wait and face the Milesaur. Wait for Servant Sacrifice to complete its second cool down (which allows for an immediate 2nd use). After that, target the Milesaur and get ready to use Brainjack. Once you see a purple soul voice (I recommend having Phog on your team) immediately use Brainjack and then spam Servant Sacrifice. It's a bit random on wether or not it kills the milesaur. If it doesn't kill it, just activate emergency escape and start running. Happy Milesaur hunting :)"

-So say the person who posted this vid.

• Replies 180.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Speaking of bad frame rates in Switch games. And this was made exclusively for Switch.

iirc that game was intentionally given a bad frame rate because the original was a cult classic because of the notoriously bad frame rate.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This is probably one of the easiest ways to level up in the game. You can do this with your avatar as a level 3 Mastermind or have Irinia reach Level 13 Psycorruptor+. You need the arts Brainjack and Servant Sacrifice. After you build up at least 1000 TP, head to FN 112 and fight a weaker enemy near the Milesaur. Once you engage, put away your weapon and wait and face the Milesaur. Wait for Servant Sacrifice to complete its second cool down (which allows for an immediate 2nd use). After that, target the Milesaur and get ready to use Brainjack. Once you see a purple soul voice (I recommend having Phog on your team) immediately use Brainjack and then spam Servant Sacrifice. It's a bit random on wether or not it kills the milesaur. If it doesn't kill it, just activate emergency escape and start running. Happy Milesaur hunting :)"

Dinosaurs about to go extinct a second time haha.

I'll try this out once I get Irina to Lv.13 Psychocorrupter+.

Me: spends over 5 hours trying to get an item. 

Me the next day: checks quests and sees the item I want.

And that's not the best part, the quest took about 30 seconds... seriously. I was actually kinda mad about that!

Just now, lightcosmo said:

And that's not the best part, the quest took about 30 seconds... seriously. I was actually kinda mad about that!

That one needs a big one

Spoiler

9a36c9e6d73f3ac28952835f38856114.jpg

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I was thinking the same thing, along with how stupid I am! XD

It happens to all of us at some point, don't worry about it. XD

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

All that effort...

Yeah, I can imagine how frustrating that must be.

14 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Alright, a proper Crusade was finally called. This one again for de jure Jerusalem, though what the Abbasids hold. Since there is already a Kingdom of Jerusalem, he got anything gained to him, since de jure. Except for a small piece that remained independent... under a Romuva pagan. Like, what? How did he got there? Someone must've had few options for beneficiary I guess.

Well, now I have over 22k gold in the coffers. Time for holding upgrades and perhaps even to the Great Works!

Finished Friday in DS2, I've logged nearly 40 hours into the game so far, but the narrative doesn't feel that long, nor are there really that many battles every day. It feels kinda odd how the characters can bond so much when most of them they haven't known each other for more than a week at very best, Airi and Hinako have no reason to act all bickering friendly on Wednesday when thats the first time they've ever met. But they do, and the dissonance and brisk pace of things aren't so bad, it doesn't feel like the game is dragging.

Lakshmi and Kangiten have shown up with Mediarahan, so now thats another pair of demons I have to work into every magic-oriented fusion I can possibly make. I surprisingly got Io to Fate Level 5, Titania has been unlocked for fusion. My memory says Titania can be made to Null/Drain/Reflect everything except Almighty, the only demon besides Purple Mirror and Metatron capable of achieving this, so once I reach her level, I'm going to make a perfect fairy queen.

Because I wanted to start Saturday with a full battery, I swapped over to EOU2, I had enough of a charge to finish the 10th floor and take on the second stratum boss. Took me only one try with all my setup for the fight.

• Had to use my Beast's Force Break surprisingly early because, despite no resistance to the ailment, the first Flame Cube the boss summoned did not become Poisoned by either of Hexer's attempts on it. Turn three after the summoning being exhale + kaboom time, the only way I could survive would be via Force Break, Activated Creeping Curse as a precaution against the second summoning. And I landed Venom Curse on the first try on the final summon.
  • Soul Liberator wasn't that broken, it deal only 900-1000 damage during Trance to the boss's nearly 9000 HP, and the skill was level 12. I need to get a Charge grimoire, and to get Chained Benefit to make use of it more reliable.
  • The boss itself wasn't too threatening. Its normal attack routine was easily managed by my Beast and Medic. It nearly won the fight with its third Kingly Fire use, because I thought "I don't need my Medic to defend, it has enough Tec and Vitality to survive, I'll prepare Delayed Heal". The Medic suffered about 20 more damage than it had max HP and everyone else held on to life nearly dead, with a Fire Mist applied. Fortunately the boss took a turn to use its harmless and ineffective on me mass-Panic skill, and as death doesn't drain the Force Gauge, so Steady Hands brought me back into the battle.
  • After a second successful Venom Curse infliction, easy because the boss has no Poison resistance, (which equates to a weakness b/c for FOEs and bosses in U2 and V, a circle symbolic of "normal resistance" means 50% resistance actually and a double-circle of "weakness" means less than 50% resistance) the boss died.
  • Although it was a relatively easy boss fight, mostly because the Flame Cube issue was almost a nonissue, I did end the fight with my Dark Hunter, Alchemist, and Hexer drained of all their TP.
Edited by Interdimensional Observer

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Because I wanted to start Saturday with a full battery, I swapped over to EOU2, I had enough of a charge to finish the 10th floor and take on the second stratum boss. Took me only one try with all my setup for the fight.

• Had to use my Beast's Force Break surprisingly early because, despite no resistance to the ailment, the first Flame Cube the boss summoned did not become Poisoned by either of Hexer's attempts on it. Turn three after the summoning being exhale + kaboom time, the only way I could survive would be via Force Break, Activated Creeping Curse as a precaution against the second summoning. And I landed Venom Curse on the first try on the final summon.
  • Soul Liberator wasn't that broken, it deal only 900-1000 damage during Trance to the boss's nearly 9000 HP, and the skill was level 12. I need to get a Charge grimoire, and to get Chained Benefit to make use of it more reliable.
  • The boss itself wasn't too threatening. Its normal attack routine was easily managed by my Beast and Medic. It nearly won the fight with its third Kingly Fire use, because I thought "I don't need my Medic to defend, it has enough Tec and Vitality to survive, I'll prepare Delayed Heal". The Medic suffered about 20 more damage than it had max HP and everyone else held on to life nearly dead, with a Fire Mist applied. Fortunately the boss took a turn to use its harmless and ineffective on me mass-Panic skill, and as death doesn't drain the Force Gauge, so Steady Hands brought me back into the battle.
  • After a second successful Venom Curse infliction, easy because the boss has no Poison resistance, (which equates to a weakness b/c for FOEs and bosses in U2 and V, a circle symbolic of "normal resistance" means 50% resistance actually and a double-circle of "weakness" means less than 50% resistance) the boss died.
  • Although it was a relatively easy boss fight, mostly because the Flame Cube issue was almost a nonissue, I did end the fight with my Dark Hunter, Alchemist, and Hexer drained of all their TP.

Congrats!
Sounds like it was a tough battle.

I reached only the 8th floor so far (which means there will probably be the mission to retrieve the Salamander's Feather - or is that one story mode exclusive?), but have some more quests to take care of before I can go on.
Reading through this makes me honestly concerned about my own prospects of beating the boss, considering all I have are ice attacks that drain TP rather quickly, and nothing that can equal Soul Liberator's damage output at all...

34 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I reached only the 8th floor so far (which means there will probably be the mission to retrieve the Salamander's Feather - or is that one story mode exclusive?), but have some more quests to take care of before I can go on.

Nope, it's in both versions of the game.

34 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Reading through this makes me honestly concerned about my own prospects of beating the boss, considering all I have are ice attacks that drain TP rather quickly, and nothing that can equal Soul Liberator's damage output at all...

I was level 27 for the fight, just about managed to scrounge up the EXP for that. Considering you're playing on Standard, provided your characters are properly decked out, survival shouldn't be bad.

With regards to Soul Liberator, I used it... twice? Once with Curse applied during Trance, and again with Blind without Trance, so that'd be 1500 damage total, my DH was doing basic attacks the rest of the time. I never tried inflicting Paralyze or Sleep, and the boss is immune to Panic and Fear. I didn't SL on Poison, because who knew if it'd last another turn and give me another 600 damage? I foolishly didn't Force Break into Rose Prison thinking the fight would go on long enough for a second Force Boost, though my Alchemist smacking out level 15 Ice Palms did Analysis into Eschaton.

Again, provided the Venom Curse lands, you shouldn't have difficulties with the Flame Cubes.

Provided your team has some sort of flame resistance buff and are all defending at full health, Kingly Fire should be survivable. If you get desperate because of TP... Amritas aren't farmable until the 4th Stratum, so the next best thing would be to load up on Medica IIs? Stay alive even after your Medic runs out of TP? 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nope, it's in both versions of the game.

Ah, that's good to know! Thank you!

I was level 27 for the fight, just about managed to scrounge up the EXP for that. Considering you're playing on Standard, provided your characters are properly decked out, survival shouldn't be bad.

My team sits at level 24 currently. I think 27 should be manageable up to that point.

With regards to Soul Liberator, I used it... twice? Once with Curse applied during Trance, and again with Blind without Trance, so that'd be 1500 damage total, my DH was doing basic attacks the rest of the time. I never tried inflicting Paralyze or Sleep, and the boss is immune to Panic and Fear. I didn't SL on Poison, because who knew if it'd last another turn and give me another 600 damage? I foolishly didn't Force Break into Rose Prison thinking the fight would go on long enough for a second Force Boost, though my Alchemist smacking out level 15 Ice Palms did Analysis into Eschaton.

Speaking of Force skills, I myself am considering using my Gunner's Action Boost to fire off two Ice Rounds for the price of one. Can't hurt, right?

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Again, provided the Venom Curse lands, you shouldn't have difficulties with the Flame Cubes.

That shouldn't pose too much of a problem. My Hexer has Curse Mastery at level 5, Curb Attack Up is maxed out (plus, I have a level 9 Grimoire with that skill), so landing ailments should hopefully go well. It did against the Basilisk in the Ginnungagap, and that thing has a 75% poison resistance if I interpreted the numbers correctly.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Being on Standard compared to my Expert, provided your team has some sort of flame resistance buff and are all defending at full health, Kingly Fire should be survivable. If you get desperate because of TP... Amritas aren't farmable until the 4th Stratum, so the next best thing would be to load up on Medica IIs? Stay alive even after your Medic runs out of TP?

My main concern in terms of TP is actually my Ronin. Since Frigid Slash will probably be my most effective means of attack, I will want to use it often, but it does cost a lot of TP to use (well, 10, which doesn't seem much... until you look at a Ronin's TP pool, which, at present is 80, I think? Something like that.). And of course I'll have to get her into the Drawing Stance first, which also eats TP, and since stances only last two turns (I haven't leveled them up to 5 and above yet), I'll have to reapply it every two turns, and that can very quickly snowball.

31 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Alright so pro controller is acquired and it’s Mario 64 time! I’ve heard the game has aged well, I hope this is true...

It hasn't aged terribly but this is the first time I'm hearing someone say it's aged well.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It hasn't aged terribly but this is the first time I'm hearing someone say it's aged well.

It's one of the top Mario games. 

And besides, have you seen half the shit people have come up with for it? It's amazing.

Its aged very well.

SM64 might feel simple, but it was a revolution in Mario and probably gaming as a whole. I wouldn't not believe you if you said a 3D platformer with the freedom of SM64 existed before SM64, but there's no denying what has made the bigger impact. And because it was foundational, any simplicity you could say is because it wasn't been done before, it, for the time, was new.

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

It's one of the top Mario games. 

I mean yeah but that's an easy accomplishment in mainline Mario.

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

And besides, have you seen half the shit people have come up with for it? It's amazing.

You mean all the glitches? Which the version used in 3D All-Stars patched out since it's using the Shindou version?

This isn't a Mario 64 bash post but I think it's a tiny bit of a stretch to say it's aged well. It's still playable of course but you can run into jank here and there, not to mention the camera does suck a lot.

Compared to most N64 games, it holds up pretty well, but that isn't exactly a high bar to surpass for most games apart from Nintendo 1st party titles. And even Ocarina 64 doesn't hold up that well either.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I mean yeah but that's an easy accomplishment in mainline Mario.

You mean all the glitches? Which the version used in 3D All-Stars patched out since it's using the Shindou version?

This isn't a Mario 64 bash post but I think it's a tiny bit of a stretch to say it's aged well. It's still playable of course but you can run into jank here and there, not to mention the camera does suck a lot.

Consider what Mario Sunshine and Galaxy are wannabe games of. Right, that would be Mario 64. Probably because it was successful? And no I wasnt talking about bug abuse, cause Sunshine has that as well.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Compared to most N64 games, it holds up pretty well, but that isn't exactly a high bar to surpass for most games apart from Nintendo 1st party titles. And even Ocarina 64 doesn't hold up that well either.

But it was the top Zelda game for a long time? I'm pretty sure that qualifies as aged pretty well.