Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

IMG_20201022_154121.jpg

Bring me that horizon.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Do you really need achievements though? Isn't the Mira survey enough? I've never cared about achievements.

Well, the Mira survey and achievements do overlap a lot from what I've seen. 

As long as there's no achievements like Xenoblade 1's "let 365 days pass without changing the clock", I think I'll be fine.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Yep, this isn't working.
At all.

16 tries and I am no closer to defeating the boss of the third Stratum than on my first attempt.
Never thought I'd get what I would call softlocked by a boss in Etrian Odyssey, but... here we are.
I think my team's weaknesses have finally caught up with them. And I have learned my lesson: Having only two (reliable) sources of damage on your team is not enough.

All that's left for me to try is going down to Picnic difficulty, but my pride won't let me.

Edited by DragonFlames

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yep, this isn't working.
At all.

16 tries and I am no closer to defeating the boss of the third Stratum than on my first attempt.
Never thought I'd get what I would call softlocked by a boss in Etrian Odyssey, but... here we are.
I think my team's weaknesses have finally caught up with them. And I have learned my lesson: Having only two (reliable) sources of damage on your team is not enough.

All that's left for me to try is going down to Picnic difficulty, but my pride won't let me.

Can you not just grind?

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

hmm yeah i need to rethink my straregy due to those black riders hmm

I tried to avoid them, but my cliff squad was faster than Reese Squad xD

Well, when i am awake i should rethink it

Also get Percy in instead of Czene

Tip time:

Spoiler

Ignore the upper side. Just... to hell with them, seriously. Don't even bother. Have your western squad climb up the cliffs and reunite with the main squad at the fort's southern gate. You gain nothing from dealing with the upper enemies. Your archer / Perceval can handle the northern ballista from inside the fort.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Can you not just grind?

Your equipment matters a lot more in Etrian Odyssey than your level does (granted, it's still ill-advised to throw yourself into Stratum 2 and up with level 10 characters, but still).
Now I could gain some levels to get more skill points, but I don't think any skills my party does not have yet will benefit me in any way.
And additionally, I don't want the next part of the game to be too easy because I overleveled.

Edited by DragonFlames

Okay Rngesus really likes me this play through for some reason.

The ambush spawns could have killed Stahl, but Miriel blocked the first attack, and the second one went for Robin instead for some reason, meaning that the third one couldn’t kill Stahl...

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Tip time:

Reveal hidden contents

Ignore the upper side. Just... to hell with them, seriously. Don't even bother. Have your western squad climb up the cliffs and reunite with the main squad at the fort's southern gate. You gain nothing from dealing with the upper enemies. Your archer / Perceval can handle the northern ballista from inside the fort.

Yup something i've been thinking about as well

Spoiler

Atleast until Larentia gets there and closes the bridge

Another possible strategy is let the upper squad help the green and yellow units, since they are scrubs.

If i can deal with upper enemies though i can sorround the centeral ones very easily.

And yeah Elbert tanks Ballista like a champ.

Thanks for the tip!

Edited by Shrimperor

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

How the fuck did you do the Zu Phrag fight then?

... I chased it on foot, of course!

It wasnt too bad, sometimes when fighting it, you can attack it when nowhere near it, not sure why. I just hope for the best!

36 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20201022_154121.jpg

Bring me that horizon.

Beautiful. Enjoy your newfound freedom.

28 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Two damage dealers can be sufficient. It worked for my Untold 1 team, and it worked for my EOV 3rd run team. Don't blame yourself for that nightmare of a boss.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Two damage dealers can be sufficient. It worked for my Untold 1 team, and it worked for my EOV 3rd run team. Don't blame yourself for that nightmare of a boss.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. ^^

Though I do think it bears mentioning that Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 in particular is very... generous in terms of giving bosses massive pools of HP to work with.
Thus, my main damage dealers can't keep their best offenses up long enough before running out of TP.  Same with my Beast and the Hit Taker skill. And as soon as my Beast runs out of TP or gets otherwise incapacitated, that's basically the moment where my team falls apart completely, another such moment being my Hexer failing to land his ailments and binds (although this isn't too awful usually, it's the main thing that keeps me from beating the Stratum 3 boss. If I could get the Head Bind to land at least once, I would be able to disable the Cry Soul).

Edited by DragonFlames

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20201022_154121.jpg

Bring me that horizon.

Well, the Mira survey and achievements do overlap a lot from what I've seen. 

As long as there's no achievements like Xenoblade 1's "let 365 days pass without changing the clock", I think I'll be fine.

Congrats! How long did it take to get that part for it? 

28 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Congrats! How long did it take to get that part for it? 

Like a minute. I already had one of the pieces, I used Reward Tickets to get the other.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Like a minute. I already had one of the pieces, I used Reward Tickets to get the other.

Wow, that's kind of a cheat!

I don't like wasting my tickets, even if it's simply 40 or so. 

They are too precious for that.

Edited by lightcosmo

20 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Wow, that's kind of a cheat!

I don't like wasting my tickets, even if it's simply 40 or so. 

They are too precious for that.

Honestly, I had maxed them out before I knew it. Sometimes I just get like 10+ tickets out of nowhere.

Honestly, I had maxed them out before I knew it. Sometimes I just get like 10+ tickets out of nowhere.

Right, I forgot, you dont have BLADE level 10 yet! 9,999 being the max makes me want to hoard my goodies! 

I save them for hard to get materials obviously. But hey, that's just me!

Sometimes I just get like 10+ tickets out of nowhere.

Other people in your BLADE Squad doing Squad Tasks, that'll give you tickets too. And, maybe you coincidentally helped out with one a little.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Pft. So, there I was, launching a second invasion against the Abbasid, aiming to get Nubia. I thought it'd be an easy matter since the Caliph was fighting a Decadence revolt... when the revolt wins. The Caliphate gets usurped and the realm shatters... and my war gets invalidated. And the Invasion CB got used up, so now I have to wait. Well, hopefully places like Egypt, Kanem-Bornu, Byzantine Empire, the Mongols, etc. Take advantage of this.

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Yep, this isn't working.
At all.

Look up strategies, maybe?

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Finally... that platinum trophy is within reach! Just gotta do clean up(I.E, playing the hardest difficulty, which isnt really hard, IMO)

Then I'm done!

I'm not sorry