hehehe

@Benice @Saint Rubenio

Do i miss anything major by not letting 

Hide contents

Sanacia talk to Simpette?

It was too cramped and i just let Faye Astra crit the boss

Nope.

Spoiler

Saphira talking to Sister-In-Heat just removes them both from the battlefield. It's easier to fight Gordova without an enemy you cannot attack blocking the one-hex-wide hallway, but if you managed, don't worry, you don't get anything more out of it.

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Stamp41.png

How are you doing today?

Doing well.

Woke up earlier than expected, but nothing a pot few cups of coffee can’t fix.

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Tutturu, young twilit!

responds with another hearty tutturu

Edited by twilitfalchion

Final map sure looks eventful...

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nope.

Hide contents

Saphira talking to Sister-In-Heat just removes them both from the battlefield. It's easier to fight Gordova without an enemy you cannot attack blocking the one-hex-wide hallway, but if you managed, don't worry, you don't get anything more out of it.

good. 

It was easier to just 

Spoiler

Let Faye Astra the boss when he was unguarded haha and Saphira with her 3 mov taking forever kek

Edited by Shrimperor

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

MY LAPTOP CAN RUN MUSOU GAMES!
SBauLoN.png

Now...
The question is...
Which faction do I start with?
Shu, Wu, Wei, or the Samurai Warriors peeps?
I'm thinking Wu, since they are my favorites in Dynasty Warriors.

Nice! Enjoy!

26 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Nice! Enjoy!

Will do, will do!

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Shrimpy: After Berwick i should take an FE and SRPG Break

Also Shrimpy: ''I wonder what SRPG i should play next'' and ''A Friend just gifted me a SRPG'' hmm

XD

---

So, got started with the Wu story. Some impressions:

• Sun Ce is voiced by Yuri Lowenthal, like he is in Dynasty Warriors 8. Awesome!
  • The English dub isn't the greatest, but it's still pretty good. Especially Yuri Lowenthal as Sun Ce is awesome!
  • The story is wacky, but not unexpected for a Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors crossover.
  • The graphics do look old-timey compared to newer musous, but it's nothing too bad.
  • Gameplay is fun, as usual. There are fewer enemies on screen, but it's the PSP, so... yeah. XD

FWmOmUC.png

Red Tiger House, let's go! XD
This would also make for a nice desktop wallpaper, ngl.

gAwS6OO.png

And this is what gameplay looks like.
Had I killed just one more before making this screenshot... darn it!

Edited by DragonFlames

3b6sQfp.png

This game has Gaiden chapters. Neat!

Oh, and I should probably talk about the plot, shouldn't I?
The gist is, some guy named Orochi decided to create a world and pull famous people from the Three Kingdoms era of China and the Sengoku period of Japan into it to test his might against them.
The Wu story starts off with Sun Ce on Orochi's side, because Orochi took Sun Ce's father, Sun Jian, prisoner to blackmail him into submission. Neat setup, if I do say so myself. At Sun Ce's side are Ieyasu Tokugawa and Hanzo Hattori.
The first battle has Sun Ce and the Wu troops defend Mt. Ding Jun from the Resistance Army led by Ma Chao of Shu (this guy is a meme for yelling "JUSTICE!!!" all the time) and Ranmaru Mori.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Morning everybody!

Stamp41.png

Edited by DragonFlames

The Gaiden Chapter is a snow map, where you have to retake your supply camps and protect the supply troops to keep morale up. The boss is Mitsuhide Akechi.
It was a really fun map!
And I got Kotaro Fuma to join me, which is nice!

xDyuD3c.png

The draw distance is... not the greatest, though. XD
But hey, it's a relatively old game on a handheld, so... it shall be forgiven.

Also, a bit of a funny trivia:
In the Japanese dub, Mitsuhide Akechi is voiced by Hikaru Midorikawa, the Japanese voice actor for Marth.
And in the English dub, Sun Ce is voiced by Yuri Lowenthal, the English voice actor for Marth.
Meaning that, if we ever get a Dynasty Warriors x Samurai Warriors x Fire Emblem crossover, and it's in the style of Warriors Orochi that you can select three characters you can freely switch between in battle (which I am absolutely a fan of, btw), we could have a full team of Marths, if we put Marth, Mitsuhide Akechi and Sun Ce on the same team. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

heaEMxD.png

famous first words

He's the main reason I still decided to try Persona 4 Golden.

Enjoy, hopefully!

Is this the PC version? This looks a lot better than it did on the PS Vita.

Speaking of Persona, I have, uh, acquired, a few PSP games, Warriors Orochi, Warriors Orochi 2, 7th Dragon 2020-II (I couldn't find a translation of the first one), and, most importantly, Persona 3 Portable. Will probably try that one out in my next gaming sessions.

Edited by DragonFlames

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Enjoy!

Is this the PC version? This looks a lot better than it did on the PS Vita.

Speaking of Persona, I have, uh, acquired, a few PSP games, Warriors Orochi, Warriors Orochi 2, 7th Dragon 2020-II (I couldn't find a translation of the first one), and, most importantly, Persona 3 Portable. Will probably try that one out in my next gaming sessions.

Really?

I find the character's sprite look......kinda ugly to me.

Though I don't remember how the PS2 version looked like.

Persona 3 is amazing, seriously even more enjoyable than 5 minus dungeons.

I haven't played portable, but I don't think it's worse than FES.

Just now, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Really?

I find the character's sprite look......kinda ugly to me.

They do, I agree, but everything looks a lot more colorful than it did on the Vita version (which is the one I played).

1 minute ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Persona 3 is amazing, seriously even more enjoyable than 5 minus dungeons.

I haven't played portable, but I don't think it's worse than FES.

Then I have something to look forward to!
Very nice!

*Wakes up unusually early for myself, despite going to bed at the usual time*

I want to imagine some characters from other games in FE gameplay, but I keep running into issues of how to exactly formulate them when not everything aligns with FE in their origin game. Who do I give horses to when horse-riding isn't a part of their world?

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

The question is...
Which faction do I start with?
Shu, Wu, Wei, or the Samurai Warriors peeps?

I did Shu first because it was the top one, and then, before my old Mac ran into its unusably slow loading issues, I made it as far as partway into Wu. I intended to save Samurai for last.

37 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

This game has Gaiden chapters. Neat!

You're not guaranteed to recruit the character from each Gaiden, you usually need to fulfill certain conditions. Kotaro was "don't defeat him until all the food has arrived at base". Don't fret if you don't get someone the first time, I held off on getting the character from the next Wu Gaiden, I needed more impulse. And some of the Gaidens themselves have an unlock requirement, I didn't get Shu 8x for instance. Difficulty doesn't matter for unlocking things, so use Easy if you want. 

17 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And I got Kotaro Fuma to join me, which is nice!

I liked how when Kotaro suddenly shows up, his ninjas pop up out of nowhere around you. And in response, Hanzo, without any fanfare, has his own ninja troops show up in the same locations to counter Kotaro's. It's that easy to just appear of the air?😆

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

7th Dragon 2020-II (I couldn't find a translation of the first one)

An English fan translation of 2020 exists. I know it, because I beaten it. The issue is that I'd be banned if I pointed you to a ROM, and the only form I can readily find of the fan translation is on a pre-patched ROM. So uh, that sounds like it'd be sayonara for me.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I did Shu first because it was the top one, and then, before my old Mac ran into its unusably slow loading issues, I made it as far as partway into Wu. I intended to save Samurai for last.

I haven't decided in which order I want to do things yet.
I'll probably just go with my gut.

You're not guaranteed to recruit the character from each Gaiden, you usually need to fulfill certain conditions. Kotaro was "don't defeat him until all the food has arrived at base".

Oh, I see! That's interesting.
Good thing I didn't go to Kotaro before the supplies were saved. XD

Don't fret if you don't get someone the first time, I held off on getting the character from the next Wu Gaiden, I needed more impulse. And some of the Gaidens themselves have an unlock requirement, I didn't get Shu 8x for instance. Difficulty doesn't matter for unlocking things, so use Easy if you want. 

Ah, okay. I'll be paying close attention to that, then! Thanks for the heads-up!
I've been doing pretty good on Normal so far.

I liked how when Kotaro suddenly shows up, his ninjas pop up out of nowhere around you. And in response, Hanzo, without any fanfare, has his own ninja troops show up in the same locations to counter Kotaro's. It's that easy to just appear of the air?😆

For ninjas, of course it is! XD

Fittingly, I used Hanzo to fight Kotaro, even if Hanzo's playstyle is something I haven't gotten used to at all yet.
Barely used the guy in SW4 or SWC3, too.

Weirdly enough, so far, I enjoy this game more than I did WO3U. I really can't put my finger on why.

An English fan translation of 2020 exists. I know it, because I beaten it. The issue is that I'd be banned if I pointed you to a ROM, and the only form I can readily find of the fan translation is on a pre-patched ROM. So uh, that sounds like it'd be sayonara for me.

Ah, that's completely fine!
I'll see if I can find it on my own! Thank you!

Edited by DragonFlames