Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Looking it up, Nier Automata was developed by Platinum Games and published by Square Enix, so there is indeed no relation between them.
Now I wonder how much the licenses cost for the Nier aesthetics, and/or if they had an agreement akin to what Idea Factory/Compile Heart had when they included personifications of game franchises/development studios in their own Neptunia series.

On the other hand, Platinum Games has worked with SEGA before, and it's them who own Nier, not SE, other than the rights of publication of the game. So the latter likely had little involvement in any negotiations.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

On the other hand, Platinum Games has worked with SEGA before, and it's them who own Nier, not SE, other than the rights of publication of the game.

Oh!
In that case, I think the Nier collaboration should have been easier to do.
It really is a small world sometimes...

Off the top of my head, other collaborations I've seen have been Persona, Sakura Wars, and... mostly that's all I remember. PSO2's been out for years (even if Japan only for most of those years), I only started playing when it became available on Steam months ago admittedly. So I only know of the ones happening since I started playing. If there has been any before, I probably haven't recognize them as such.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Off the top of my head, other collaborations I've seen have been Persona, Sakura Wars, and... mostly that's all I remember. PSO2's been out for years (even if Japan only for most of those years), I only started playing when it became available on Steam months ago admittedly. So I only know of the ones happening since I started playing. If there has been any before, I probably haven't recognize them as such.

I see.
Persona is Atlus, which belongs to Sega, and I think Sakura Wars was published by Sega, as well.
... Yep, it was!

I’m late but goodnight Julian! Sleep tight!

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Now Sunshine won't feel so strange to control. About time.

Are you gonna pick up the collection?

Just now, Sooks1016 said:

Are you gonna pick up the collection?

I already own it, but Sunshine has always felt weird since Nintendo uninverted the controls for the collection. The original game had them inverted and it was what I was used to. Having the option of either one is really nice, ngl.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

I already own it, but Sunshine has always felt weird since Nintendo uninverted the controls for the collection. The original game had them inverted and it was what I was used to. Having the option of either one is really nice, ngl.

So they have included it originally

I played back to where I was with the falcon knights and there were 4 bow knights the nets turn.... *big sigh*

30 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I'm the opposite. It's been years since I've played Sunshine prior to the collection so the controls being normal instead of inverted was fine for me.

Inverted controls was a mistake anyway.

I bit the bullet, SoS has been purchased. PleaseletitgoodletthecharactersbecharmingnottookiddyorsimplemaythefarmingbeenjoyableaftermorethanadecadeofseparationpleaseletmenotregretthepurchasepleaseitbegoodshouldIpursueKai?IpraytotheHarvestGoddessitthatitisfun. Amen!🐶🐔🐄🐑🥬🍅🍆🌨️

I'll be mentioning the game from here on out. Won't be able to post screenshots of it unfortunately, I'd need a microSD adapter to put them on my current computer, but I'll be giving my honest judgement of things.

Although for tonight, I think I'll start up my NG+ of DS2, I want to see if I get my favorite ending done before the IRL reckoning next week, in the very possible case it sends me into an emotional state wherein no game can banish the fear and despair.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Shilling Xenoblade X again.

Really hope this game comes to Switch, it's way too good to be trapped in Wii U purgatory.

Whatever my mixed thoughts on Lao as a character, So Nah, So Fern is a good character theme, more so when you learn what the lyrics mean and what its probable meaning is supposed to be.

That reminds me I still have a playthrough of the original FoMT (a pretty much nostalgia fueled purchase done a year or so ago on my Wii U) to continue.

I still stand on my opinion about the remake. Maybe if it had the stuff missing from BtN... but well, who knows...

The Wii U was a perfect example of how marketing can make or break a system's sales.

The choice to make it mostly share a name with the previous console was one of the biggest mistakes Ninty could've made.

I do like the system (still have mine), but it essentially being an HD Wii with a tablet wasn't enough, imo.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I bit the bullet, SoS has been purchased. PleaseletitgoodletthecharactersbecharmingnottookiddyorsimplemaythefarmingbeenjoyableaftermorethanadecadeofseparationpleaseletmenotregretthepurchasepleaseitbegoodshouldIpursueKai?IpraytotheHarvestGoddessitthatitisfun. Amen!🐶🐔🐄🐑🥬🍅🍆🌨️

I'll be mentioning the game from here on out. Won't be able to post screenshots of it unfortunately, I'd need a microSD adapter to put them on my current computer, but I'll be giving my honest judgement of things.

Hope you enjoy it. I've had my eye on it for a while myself, but hesitated since I wasn't quite sure it was worth the purchase.

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think there's like two days left before the sale ends so let me know how things go.

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Whatever my mixed thoughts on Lao as a character, So Nah, So Fern is a good character theme, more so when you learn what the lyrics mean and what its probable meaning is supposed to be.

Mmmhmm.

Regarding Lao

Spoiler

While he does make for a decent-ish antagonist (not like that's hard to do in Xenoblade X), I feel like the could've handled the scene after you beat him a bit better. Mainly, in any sort of sidequest, whenever you're given the option to spare someone or kill someone, well, you have options. Like in that one quest where there's this guy named Gus who's always tricking fellow BLADEs into their deaths and at the end of the quest, he's running from an indigen and you have the option of saving him or letting him die. I chose the latter.

What I'm getting at here is that Cross should've been given the option of either siding with Elma or siding with Lin. The outcome can be the same but Cross' choice wouldn't have been made for you.

19 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

The choice to make it mostly share a name with the previous console was one of the biggest mistakes Ninty could've made.

It's not even that, especially when you look at Xbox and Playstation. The problem was that Nintendo failed to get across that it was a new system and not an add-on or something. Also the Wii U gamepad effectively making every developer to create some sort of gameplay function is what pushed a lot of third parties away and that was the real killer.

Alright I'm starting my Berwick Saga file over as I lost way too many units (R.I.P Derrick) and got swamped way too often.

So here we go... again!

Edited by lightcosmo

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Alright I'm starting my Berwick Saga file over as I lost way too many units (R.I.P Derrick) and got swamped way too often.

So here we go... again!

Good luck! By the way, once you get back to ch. 3, watch out for Esteban, since he shows up around...Turn 19? 20? Really annoyingly late.

Oh, and Derrick does not attack, so don't worry about that.

Edited by Benice

Just now, Benice said:

Good luck! By the way, once you get back to ch. 3, watch out for Esteban, since he shows up around...Turn 19? 20? Really annoyingly late.

Oh, and Derrick does not attack, so don't worry about that.

Yeah, I had Christine talk to him and all, and with alot and I stress- ALOT of luck, made it out without about the ten deaths I would have had.

If not for Wards guard skill, Izerna, Adel, Kramer, and Ruby would have all died on the same turn. XD 

AI loops too strong.