• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

In the mood for some FE, but I don't know what to play.

Hm....

Maybe a hack...

I mean you said you felt like some Awakening before. Just throwing that out there.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Did you make that spreadsheet? :0

Noire and father support is incredibly weird, it makes Tharja sound almost abusive but like not intentionally and like “I love her!”

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I host that because i play so many, not the other way around xD

xD

I got Nah! I did end up cheesing it, but not with siege tomes, I just had Lucina + Robin and Inigo + Cynthia solo the entire map, with the first two kills going to Noire and the second to last one going to Kjelle being the exceptions.

And I’m glad the game acknowledges the fact that her name is also a word that means no.

So that means the only kid left is Morgan!

Edited by Sooks1016

17 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

In the mood for some FE, but I don't know what to play.

Hm....

Have you played VS1?

Nah: What do you like about [mother], anyway? You’re so serious and responsible and she runs around like a headless chicken! I have no idea what you see in her... Unless... you rushed into marriage for some reason? Like you got her—

Gregor: What!? D-don’t be silly! Gregor knew just what he was getting into!

Nah: Oh? That’s quite a protest there... I guessed right, didn’t I?

🤨

6 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Nah: What do you like about [mother], anyway? You’re so serious and responsible and she runs around like a headless chicken! I have no idea what you see in her... Unless... you rushed into marriage for some reason? Like you got her—

🤨

Y’know in the Japanese version I think calls him like a lolicon or something

36 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Sun God's Wrath looks interesting, tbh. Thoughts on it?

35 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

I mean you said you felt like some Awakening before. Just throwing that out there.

True. Although I was thinking something new.

23 minutes ago, Spara said:

Have you played VS1?

I have not.

12 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

🤨

751539947273715823.png?v=1

That Wyvern boss

493648406456303628.png?v=1

9g33yce.png

red lines = one shot

This guy keeps sending me back to the save point lol lol, which is thankfully the turn before i am fighting him.

Truely a Thracian Dragon Squad

19 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I only played a bit of it. Seems pretty cool, it's also one of the more famous ones in the community..

However, there one thing it's infamous for: If you're too slow, it will take money away from you.

Edited by Shrimperor

16 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

My favorite hack of all I've played. The story's kind of a mess, so if that's what you're looking for you may be disappoint (though I must say, I find it extremely fun, even if it's not what I'd call "good"). But the gameplay is so much fun. A quite unique roster, well-designed and fast-paced maps, growth scrolls, the best use of the skill system in the hacks I've played, friggin' CAPTURE...

Honestly, just for capture alone it's worth taking a look at it. It's just... really, really good all around. It feels like its own experience that you can't find in other FEs, I think.

So yeah. It gets my most heartfelt recommendation. Play it.

Ladies and gentlemen, i have done it. I have finally crafted the Ares 90. Allow me to introduce Godzilla!

IMG_20201101_142328.jpg?width=768&height

I have exploited a loophole with the name because Godzilla is also the name of a song, therefore, it counts as a musical reference.

And here's the original version by Blue Oyster Cult

I personally like the official cover as it's way more epic but anyways, i decided to take my newly crafted Skell for a test fight. And what better way to test it's capabilities than by fighting the bane of every Xenoblade newcomer:

IMG_20201101_141959.jpg?width=768&height

As for how it went.....

IMG_20201101_142311.jpg?width=768&height

It died on the spot. Jesus Christ, the Ares 90 is busted. It's the Xenoblade version of Xenosaga III's Erde Kaiser Sigma. When i first crafted the Godzilla, i thought it was lame that it was restricted to only four Arts and can't be customized at all aside from colors and name. But after this test, maybe that's for the best.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

I'm not really one for rom hacks but i'm not opposed to it. If i were to play one, my question is which ones steer away from Kaga-ish design? Cause you know me.

33 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

🤨

Nooooo why'd you go for the Gregor/Nowi?

However, there one thing it's infamous for: If you're too slow, it will take money away from you.

Well, I usually play FE quickly anyway. So that (hopefully) won't be an issue.

The other hack I considered was the Last Promise. Meme-y, I know. But a video I saw on it a while back made it look interesting enough to try.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

My favorite hack of all I've played. The story's kind of a mess, so if that's what you're looking for you may be disappoint (though I must say, I find it extremely fun, even if it's not what I'd call "good"). But the gameplay is so much fun. A quite unique roster, well-designed and fast-paced maps, growth scrolls, the best use of the skill system in the hacks I've played, friggin' CAPTURE...

Honestly, just for capture alone it's worth taking a look at it. It's just... really, really good all around. It feels like its own experience that you can't find in other FEs, I think.

So yeah. It gets my most heartfelt recommendation. Play it.

Okay, well. I'll give it a go then.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

my question is which ones steer away from Kaga-ish design?

...that's a hard question to answer, considering alot of hackers are older FE players who are rather fond of Kaga XD

FE7x is kinda Tellius like, maybe take a look at it?

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

The other hack I considered was the Last Promise. Meme-y, I know. But a video I saw on it a while back made it look interesting enough to try.

Hey, TLP may be known for the memes, but for a hack made in the prehistory of FE fangames, it's legitimately impressive. It's got its flaws, but it's quite creative, surprisingly polished for its time, and quite fun save for a couple of stinker maps. I recommend it also. Unironically!

f0GyN4t.png

suffering.png

the fun kind haha

I just gotta deal with the damn Boss somehow xD

This is turn 6 btw

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I actually looked at that one as well. It's a Windows program rather than a hack, IIRC.

yup

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I went for Henry x Nowi if only to unlock Nah's paralogue.

It isn't much better, although at least Henry x Nowi look close in age.

The only time where pairing Nowi off to someone won't feel weird is with Ricken and Donnel, and perhaps Henry. And young Robin, i guess. Everyone else is........varying. Nowi's Supports with Gregor but he's one of the last people i want to see paired up with Nowi.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

...that's a hard question to answer, considering alot of hackers are older FE players who are rather fond of Kaga XD

It really do be like that sometimes.

FE7x is kinda Tellius like, maybe take a look at it?

Might take a look. Perhaps that'll get me in the Tellius mood again after i lost all my progress.