Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

377110562116468766.png?v=1

(I mean, I know humilliating Veld is not that difficult, but capturing him is actually kinda tough, and that monster pulled it off in one round! From full health!)

Here's a story: In my first Thracia run, I didn't intend to use Hicks. I wanted to use Brighton, because I liked his design better. But he died in the Manster escape. In the mountain chapter, Hicks and Dalsin teamed up to kill cavaliers with Hicks's halberd. Hicks got a couple of great levels, so I decided to keep him on.

The only scroll I ever gave him was the one that raises the skill growth. And he still managed to cap everything. Like, literally everything other than magic and I think luck. E swords or no E swords, he was my best unit. He's been one of my favorites from Thracia ever since, leading to another one of my runs where I went through the trouble to raise his sword rank and... Well, that video happened.

So yeah. 100% unironically. Use Hicks.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I wanted to use Brighton, because I liked his design better. But he died in the Manster escape.

OOF

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hicks got a couple of great levels, so I decided to keep him on.

Same here haha.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The only scroll I ever gave him was the one that raises the skill growth. And he still managed to cap everything. Like, literally everything other than magic and I think luck. E swords or no E swords, he was my best unit

ok wow.

For me E swords hurt him quite a bit on indoor maps, and thanks to fatigue i just ended up never using him indoors haha.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So yeah. 100% unironically. Use Hicks.

umu!

Seriously though, any unit in Thracia can be good. Except like, Marty and Miranda

I think she might have enough by the ones who have played Tokyo Xanadu but not Cold Steel.

I might have found a localisation error when Rean's name was displayed in kanji. Would surprise me, if it was intended because i don't see a sense there. BTW the like 20 mentions of Rean are a sign to suspend this game for now.

Edited by Kasumi Yoshizawa

33 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

any unit in Thracia can be good. Except like, Marty and Miranda

Fctjurbb oJsdc6mfe o

Any unit can be good in Thracia. Full stop. Some are more difficult to make great than others, that is true. But there isn't a FE12!Bantu in this game.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fctjurbb oJsdc6mfe o

Any unit can be good in Thracia. Full stop. Some are more difficult to make great than others, that is true. But there isn't a FE12!Bantu in this game.

Ok, Marty i can imagine

but how did you do it with Miranda xD. She comes so late hahaha.

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

but how did you do it with Miranda xD. She comes so late hahaha.

You know the map with all the ballistae after she joins? I filled her entire inventory with scrolls and fed her basically every single enemy there. I think I gave her Paragon, too.

It was difficult and probably not worth the trouble, but I managed it.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know the map with all the ballistae after she joins? I filled her entire inventory with scrolls and fed her basically every single enemy there. I think I gave her Paragon, too.

It was difficult and probably not worth the trouble, but I managed it.

You can say with pride ''My Miranda is stronger than the grandpa she married''

Why Kaga Why?

Edited by Shrimperor

Just the mention of him is enough to ruin the mood, eh? xD

It was one more reason to stop. Wanted to suspend anyways for lunch and a walk, but latter came to an early end due to starting rain. Though no desire to continue right now since I'm feeling a bit weak due to bad sleep in the past days. My day and sleep rhythm still haven't been fixed since the time change a weak ago. Gonna do now what's best on a Sunday: laying in the bed

23 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

My Miranda is stronger than the grandpa she married

Conomor? Yeah, my Miranda was better than Conomor. Still, Conomor is quite serviceable. He just looks like crap when compared to Amalda. And everyone else from route A.

Also, Miranda and Conomor don't get together. There are some... unfortunate implications, due to them being the only units from Alster, but it seems accidental more than anything. Miranda's ending says she fell in love with "another knight", whereas Conomor's ending says that he "resigned his post as a knight". Pushing the wording a bit, I know, but this is also in the old translation. It wasn't a change made by Project Exile. As well as that, Conomor's ending doesn't mention him getting married at all, unlike say, Fred and Olwen, whose endings both state they get married.

Miranda probably just married some rando she met while waiting for Leif to not come to her (which fits her character), and Conomor retired and moved to a cozy little cottage in the outskirts of Alster. That's it. Anything else is just people assuming playable units forcefully have to get on with other playable units, which isn't necessarily true.

One last piece of proof: Conomor's ending says that he moved to the outskirts of Alster and lived out his days "in peace and quiet", a feat I very much doubt he could've accomplished if he married Miranda.

22 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Hopefully this keeps up? I don't want to have to restart the same map 5 times. Xd

Should keep up. Just think your deployment through a bit and you'll never have to fully reset a map.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Miranda's ending says she fell in love with "another knight"

Doesn't it also say something about that knight being older and knowing her from childhood?

has been years since i read her ending last lol

Miranda's ending says she fell in love with "another knight"

lmao

Edited by Shrimperor

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Doesn't it also say something about that knight being older and knowing her from childhood?

Nope. No details given about the knight in either translation. Old one said "a certain knight", while new one says "another knight". Nothing specific.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

lmao

Hey, it's all right. Happens to the best of us.

so7pQDV.png

stronk

current map went Talk -> rout -> Escape

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Old one said "a certain knight"

I see. Probably what implied the misconception about grandpa ending haha

43 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Should keep up. Just think your deployment through a bit and you'll never have to fully reset a map.

With my awful luck, I doubt it. Xd misses with 90% occur too often for me, which lands me in hot water... alot.

Also, Faye just promoted: yay! Astra isnt garbage in this game, another yay!

She's my first promoted unit. Sad, I know.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

She's my first promoted unit. Sad, I know.

Not really. Promoting isn't that easy in this game. Faye's promotion has no specific requirements involved, you just have to recruit her and that's it.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Reese's promotion is scripted, I'm guessing?

Kinda.

You can promote him early by getting 18 Tactic points (which i did by ch8), otherwise he promotes by ch10

Good morning and happy November everyone! A profile change is in order now. Begone Lilina! I never liked her that much, I just wanted an fe6 character and she’s cute... being an fe6 character makes it illegal for her to be a good character, as everyone knows. Who can guess who my next profile character is going to be haha

4 hours ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

1gVlg3A.jpg

teehee

She's finally here.

She’s cute.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

You can say with pride ''My Miranda is stronger than the grandpa she married''

Why Kaga Why?

9HNXgoq.jpg

Edited by Sooks1016

4 hours ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

1gVlg3A.jpg

Is that Musse? Oh, she looks so nice with her hair down.

6 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Who can guess who my next profile character is going to be haha

9HNXgoq.jpg

Edelgard?

I never get tired of seeing Sea Kaga in his natural habitat. xD