• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Ohhh you can visit the map in between 25 and endgame. Maybe I can just take a peek at the spotpass paralogues...

Edited by Sooks1016

5 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Ohhh you can visit the map in between 25 and endgame. Maybe I can just take a peek at the spotpass paralogues...

You can also go back and replay any chapter/paralogue on the map after beating endgame as well if you want.

Man Gangrel’s paralogue was hard... nothing Lucina + Robin couldn’t fix of course, but they still only won by good rng (even if technically they always do since dodgetank)

49 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

You can also go back and replay any chapter/paralogue on the map after beating endgame as well if you want.

As in you can fight hordes of Risen on those maps for extra EXP, you can't actually redo the chapter.

6 hours ago, Benice said:

Oh god, that's awful! I'm so sorry that you have be to be going through this... I hope things will get better for you and your family.

Thank you!

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

My condolences. I hope everything goes well.

Thank you!

6 hours ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

I'm sorry to hear that!

I know this feeling too well. Getting a shock diagnose of a close relative always is a downer. Though don't do the mistake as I did by being dragged down by this to turn into serious depressions. Life must continue, even if it's hard to say this right now. I learned from it. It might sound very emotionless by myself and absurd, but it's a situation you will have to grow from. I'm speaking of practical experience! Just take a deep breath for recovering. I wish you the best for you and your grandpa!

Thank you!
And thank you for the advice! I will definitely try to heed it! ^^

---

Here's something to calm you all (and me) down.
Been listening to this theme all day (when I wasn't in class), and... believe it or not, but it helped.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

As in you can fight hordes of Risen on those maps for extra EXP, you can't actually redo the chapter.

Ah, that's right. Idk what I'm thinking. That's where a couple hours of sleep gets me.

--------

Anyway, I popped back into Thracia for the heck of it yesterday and today. I am amazing at staying focused on one game at a time. A total pro. /s

Had to replay Chapter 3 because Lifis was captured along with his lockpick. Got him back, but ouldn't rescue the children or access the shops, so yeah. And I have to have that warp staff for the later chapters.

I do really like how the player is incentivized to capture to get weapons. It's a neat system I'd like to see return. And having rescue and free trade is awesome compared to FE4. Nothing jank has happened so far, but there's 30 something more chapters for that to change so...

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Here's something to calm you all (and me) down.

Ah, I love that song so much.

32 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Had to replay Chapter 3 because Lifis was captured along with his lockpick. Got him back

By the way, you can get equipment back if you can get a capture of the unit that has your unit captured, just in case you didn't know. Scrolls are also kept in your unit's inventory if they're captured, and unarmed units will be autocaptured.

33 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Nothing jank has happened so far, but there's 30 something more chapters for that to change so...

Chapter 4 and 4x are gonna hurt...

39 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Thank you!

Yeah, I'm sorta going through something similar, since my grandpa was diagnosed with terminal cancer two years ago. (And he was doing really, really poorly at the time, so we really thought he didn't have much time left) That was a really tough time in my life, since everything else was going terribly, (I had literally no friends at all, I constantly was mocked in woodwork class, I was probably going to have to quit band because my family couldn't afford it, etc.) and just adding something else made it worse. 

Still, my grandpa's gotten much, much better since then, (he's still actually doing pretty good!) so I know yours will too! And if you wanna talk, I'm happy to.

37 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

And I have to have that warp staff for the later chapters.

I think you get lots of warps, (buyable in at least a few chapters IIRC?) but yeah.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

I hope to see you spread its word.

I've been doing it for 77 updates and at least 4 people listen to what I have to say. Going well so far!

53 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I do really like how the player is incentivized to capture to get weapons. It's a neat system I'd like to see return.

Capture's my favorite part of Thracia. It's such a fun system. It's criminal it hasn't returned (Fates capture was quite different, if I'm not mistaken).

I've been playing a new hack since I finished FE12. It's called Project Ember, and it's a hack of FE6. Usually I'm not fond of these "FE6 rebalance" hacks, but this one is a complete graphical overhaul as well as a rebalance, so that piqued my interest. Lance sucks, Wade is better than Lot, Saul is tanky, the armors are fairly decent, Treck is called Trec... It's quite the weird experience, but I like it. I think it improves on FE6's strengths in interesting ways. And it put a door on chapter 8's wall, so you don't have to go all the way around. Thank God.

So yeah, if anyone's looking for hacks to play... Well, go play Sun God's Wrath first. Then go play this.

Also, for some reason, one of the earlygame throwaway bosses is recruitable. Can you guess who it is?

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, for some reason, one of the earlygame throwaway bosses is recruitable. Can you guess who it is

I think it's Debeers Debias, right?

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fates capture was quite different, if I'm not mistaken)

In the way it works attack-wise, it's fairly similar, but only one unit per route, (And probably two on Revelation)actually has access to it. And once you capture a unit, they go to your prison, (once you build it) and you can recruit them! I got Gerald the generic dark mage, and he will be the MVP of my birthright run! Once I get back to it...

I like Fates' capture system as well, (playable generics are fun also I bet enemy armor knights have a generic called Derrick) but I prefer Thracia's. I do hope the series does this again at some point... (As well as the Berwick remake for switch)

Edited by Benice

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, for some reason, one of the earlygame throwaway bosses is recruitable. Can you guess who it is?

It's one of Erik, Dory, Ruud or Damas.

And as for being a graphical overhaul, how does that work? Is it very different in style?

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

I think it's Debeers Debias, right?

It's hilarious, Beerman is better than the game's OG unpromoted armors. He has access to all four weapon types AND hard/maniac mode bonuses. He's a monster.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

It's one of Erik, Dory, Ruud or Damas.

Pffft... Sorry mate, you made four guesses and they were all wrong.

And as for being a graphical overhaul, how does that work? Is it very different in style?

You know how the community has been making prettier versions of the GBA animations that every modern hack uses? This hack puts them into FE6. The portraits are also touched up and darkened so it doesn't look like the game has max brightness set at all times. I like it, personally, but that aspect of the thing is merely cosmetic, of course.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's hilarious, Beerman is better than the game's OG unpromoted armors. He has access to all four weapon types AND hard/maniac mode bonuses. He's a monster.

So this patch put a hop in Beerman's step?

Edited by Benice

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Chapter 7 man? Really?

Does he at least get recruited by someone sensible? And are there even more out there recruitments?

Thst moment when you play against Kirby and he tries to inhale your partner and cheese a kill.

I aimed on his pathetic ass, every life, the 5 or so games we played. Wouldnt let up at all. 

That's what you get for trying such a sad strat. 

Wanna win? Learn to play. 

If a little kid does it, fine, whatever, they're kids. But an adult? Come on.

Edited by lightcosmo

17 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Chapter 7 man? Really?

Apparently he was chosen by a friend of the creator to test out inserting new recruitable units. Everyone found it funny, so the recruitment stayed for the memes.

Does he at least get recruited by someone sensible?

Bors. You know how, if they fought in the original, Debias was like "Bors! You returned!" and Bors was like "Causing a rebellion in Lord Hector's absence?! That is inexcusable!"? Well, the hack expands on that with Debias shitting his pants, claiming he can "explain" and Bors forcing him to help rescue Lilina for a chance to be spared.

Honestly, for a joke recruitment, it's not that bad. Debias came across as a spineless coward even in the original, and in the grand scheme of things he's just a dumb mook following Legance's orders. It's not like we're recruiting the lead traitor himself. Heck, I think it would've been worse if it had been any of the four you guessed!

And are there even more out there recruitments?

There's an OC that's recruitable to expedite Douglas's gimmick in the hack, and a FE7 character. Beyond that, there's three more guys that could've reasonably been in the OG game.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

I got Walhart, which means Emmeryn is next. As far as all these paralogues go, I’m using the same strategy of low Manning with Lucina, Robin, and whoever I need. If I get Lucina a javelin/short spear/spear I should be able to clear Emmeryn’s with minimal effort and good rng as well. Just have to dodge some 60s :’))

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

SAFIYA.

STOP. MISSING. HEALS.

What's her Skl? Because at some point staff accuracy will be 100 (unlike regular attacks, staff accuracy does hit 100).