Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

9 minutes ago, Benice said:

Wow, you managed to save all the green units? Nice.

Yeah, it wasn't that difficult since I had plenty of weapons going into the chapter for everyone to use. And capturing gave me new vulneraries, heal staves, and other weapons.

--------

Logically, it makes no sense for a heal to miss. It's not like the target of the heal will be moving around, unlike in battle where hits and misses are much less predictable against enemies. It's just another way of leaving to chance the player's decisions, which goes against the very concept of strategy games in general, where the whole point is planning ahead. No point in planning much if it could easily go either way.

Edited by twilitfalchion

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Come to think of it, I wonder if the Shining Shield can block Dark Heal.

IT CAN!

This comes from the r/FE discord.

Spoiler

shiningbonk.jpg.a4587d7bda675edbd5c48a12e05253c8.jpg

Edited by Spara
duh spoiler tag

I suppose it makes sense. Unlike other shields that merely give you a resistance to magic, the Shining Shield doesn't even need to block successfully for it's effect to apply. So it's user wouldn't really be able to just let magic through.

Edited by BrightBow

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

It's not like the target of the heal will be moving around, unlike in battle where hits and misses are much less predictable against enemies. It's just another way of leaving to chance the player's decisions, which goes against the very concept of strategy games in general, where the whole point is planning ahead.

Well, what about 0-avoid armor knights and sub-100 hit totals? If a character has a raw 94 hit, and the enemy has 0 avoid, they would only have less (rationally) than 100 hit because they aren't fully proficient with their weapon yet. 

Just now, Spara said:

Well, what about 0-avoid armor knights and sub-100 hit totals? If a character has a raw 94 hit, and the enemy has 0 avoid, they would only have less (rationally) than 100 hit because they aren't fully proficient with their weapon yet. 

My point is that fighting enemies is a much less predictable situation, logically speaking. The chance of an enemy dodging in battle makes sense, as an enemy is somewhat unpredictable. Improving skill also makes perfect sense as a means of improving accuracy. If someone repeatedly trains their use of a weapon, they will naturally be a better and more accurate fighter.

However, if an ally is healing another ally, there's nothing chancy about that. They heal and move on. It simply doesn't make sense to miss a heal when you think of it in that way.

16 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Do enemies have varied move or is just class base for them?

As far as I can tell, class base.

9 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Logically, it makes no sense for a heal to miss. It's not like the target of the heal will be moving around, unlike in battle where hits and misses are much less predictable against enemies. It's just another way of leaving to chance the player's decisions, which goes against the very concept of strategy games in general, where the whole point is planning ahead. No point in planning much if it could easily go either way.

Units with 0 avoid can still dodge, though. Presumably, 0 avoid means completely unmoving Plus, if we're going by animations, it makes no sense to stand around while your opponent charges at you.

And if we are getting nitpicky, it says MISS, not Dodge, when you miss an attack.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

However, if an ally is healing another ally, there's nothing chancy about that. They heal and move on. It simply doesn't make sense to miss a heal when you think of it in that way.

We don't really know how healing works in FE, but it looks like you're casting a spell with the intention of hitting a target. Even if a target is unmoving, as with 0 avoid enemies, it is possible to miss if you're not skilled and lucky enough.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

As far as I can tell, class base.

Enemies in FE5 can get an extra point of move, but it's not very common.

18 minutes ago, Spara said:

So what you're saying is that the Thracia remake should get rid of 1-99 hitrates and therefore allowing staffs to have 100% hit always like a normal game 👍.

10 minutes ago, Benice said:

it makes no sense to stand around while your opponent charges at you.

Really doing bullfighters dirty like that smh.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So what you're saying is that the Thracia remake should get rid of 1-99 hitrates and therefore allowing staffs to have 100% hit always like a normal game 👍.

Yes, 110%. Hey, just 'cause I like a game doesn't mean I think it's flawless! 1rn is also pretty annoying IMO.

it makes no sense to stand around while your opponent charges at you.

Oh dang, I've been gotten

Edited by Benice

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20201103_205010.jpg

This one of the last quests I found, not sure why. Its start is good, and it drilled into me how honor-and-war the Wrothians are, to their detriment elsewhere. Though all the Xenos tend to have one or two focuses, so the Wrothians aren't alone.

*Desperately trying to redirect my mind ATM.*

IMG_20201103_211250.jpg

IMG_20201103_211756.jpg

IMG_20201103_211540.jpg

IMG_20201103_211635.jpg

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yes, 110%. Hey, just 'cause I like a game doesn't mean I think it's flawless!

Oh good, a Thracia fan who admits 1-99 hit is dumb.

Also yeah, I don't think anyone says the games they like is flawless. Xenoblade 2 is my favorite game of all time but some parts of it are pretty stinky.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This one of the last quests I found, not sure why. Its start is good, and it drilled into me how honor-and-war the Wrothians are, to their detriment elsewhere. Though all the Xenos tend to have one or two focuses, so the Wrothians aren't alone.

*Desperately trying to redirect my mind ATM.*

On the subject of Wrothian quests, I think my favorite one is the one with that one Wrothian woman who has Micky Mouse ears and she learns to come to accept them instead of giving them the Van Gogh treatment.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20201103_211250.jpg

IMG_20201103_211756.jpg

IMG_20201103_211540.jpg

IMG_20201103_211635.jpg

On the topic of Nopon emotions trying to make you spend money, do you perceive the Nopon to be more avaricious in XCX than in either XC1 or 2? I've heard some people say the Nopon are at their worst in XCX, and that XC2 made them better, as in less vilely greedy.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

On the topic of Nopon emotions trying to make you spend money, do you perceive the Nopon to be more avaricious in XCX than in either XC1 or 2? I've heard some people say the Nopon are at their worst in XCX, and that XC2 made them better, as in less vilely greedy.

I definitely do think they are more likely to be vilely greedy in X than in the other games. 2 maintains their status as merchants but iirc, only Bana is like, super greedy.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think I'm going to try to head to bed now, turn off my computer and turn on something not the news. But I can'tIcan'tIcan'tIcan't sleep! 😨

Oof. Yeah, me too.

2 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Any surprises in the US election so far?

Just got awake to follow this, so I'm not in the picture yet.

Nah, not really. Biden currently has an 89-72 lead, but things aren't looking good for Biden.

1 minute ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

I guess Florida and Texas aren't count yet?

Because these are the important ones since the outcome there was unknown.

Don't think so.

Florida is very likely going to be red, and while Texas is a toss-up still, Biden will need to make up some ground to get it.