Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Mmkay, I wasnt 100% sure about that, so thanks. 

Units crippled on my side so far:

Dean: 4

Elbert:4

Aegina:3 

Adel:1 

Not too bad so far, I think.

Oof. My first run was super cursed. (And I only got to ch. 10) As far as I recall:

• Czene x 8
  • Aegina x4
  • Leon x 2
  • Adel x 2
  • Ruby x 3
  • Elbert

The worst one was Elbert's cripple. He was hit by an arrow through Arrowbane, missed his 75-ish shield, and GOT CRIPPLED WHILE HE STILL HAD 16 HP LEFT!!!

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

36 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Mmkay, I wasnt 100% sure about that, so thanks. 

Units crippled on my side so far:

Dean: 4

Elbert:4

Aegina:3 

Adel:1 

Not too bad so far, I think.

Meanwhile, in my current run, I have 1 crippling and a couple captures. In chapter 11.

Of course, I also have a bunch of dead units, so at the end of the day you're probably doing better.

Alright, it's the 1200's now in CK2. At this point I've been joining Holy Wars. Egypt, Jerusalem, and the Byzantines keep gaining ground.

Also, I can't get over the fact the Byzantine Empire pretty much has Mittleuropa, having pretty much both Pannonia and Poland. Or more like the Κεντρική Ευρώπη. I think. A more eastern Mittleuropa, but anyway, Germany, eat your heart out.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20201104_171449.jpg

Fellas, can we get an Extra Nice in the chat?

Regardless of this election's results, we're screwed

I've heard some people compare these current times to the 1850s, which for those who snoozed in US history class, thats the decade before the Civil War where little was done except the building of tension across the country until kaboom!

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...yeah.....

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've heard some people compare these current times to the 1850s, which for those who snoozed in US history class, thats the decade before the Civil War where little was done except the building of tension across the country until kaboom!

I’ve heard some people say there WILL be a civil war

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Sensationalism at its finest.

I mean, it is a little farfetched to claim that there is an imminent civil war, but not that out there.

At least from the outside looking in, America looks like a pot of roiling liquids ready to boil over. The politics are super polarizing because there's only two viable parties right now, and most are firmly on one side or the other. America certainly appears to be a people divided.

Just now, Benice said:

I mean, it is a little farfetched to claim that there is an imminent civil war, but not that out there.

At least from the outside looking in, America looks like a pot of roiling liquids ready to boil over. The politics are super polarizing because there's only two viable parties right now, and most are firmly on one side or the other. America certainly appears to be a people divided.

That's the key phrase. From the outside looking in. Journalism as a whole, regardless of political leaning, has relied on eyecatching headlines and fearmongering imagery that provoke emotional reactions from people. I'm not saying there isn't unrest. But more often than not, the issue of unrest is inflated to an inaccurate degree.

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Sensationalism at its finest.

Don’t worry, I don’t think there will be, I’m just relaying.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

A people divided, yes. but not to the point of a war.

1 minute ago, Sooks1016 said:

Don’t worry, I don’t think there will be, I’m just relaying.

Oh, I wasn't talking about you. I meant those who were perpetuating fearful ideas like that. I realize you're just mentioning what you've heard, and what has been regurgitated countless times by others.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

That's the key phrase. From the outside looking in. Journalism as a whole, regardless of political leaning, has relied on eyecatching headlines and fearmongering imagery that provoke emotional reactions from people. I'm not saying there isn't unrest. But more often than not, the issue of unrest is inflated to an inaccurate degree.

I'm not so sure. The sheer size of the protests this year and how much opposition AND support said protest faced is a pretty good indicator of a divided population. Just how explosive the response to this one event is another one.

8 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

A people divided, yes. but not to the point of a war.

No, not right now for sure. But I do legitimately think that America will continue to teeter towards the direction of one if the current political system remains.

41 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Honestly, yeah. The reason everyone's so hopeful right now is because it's gotten to the point where the lesser of two evils seems like a fantastic option compared to the alternative. I told my mom that my vote for Biden was less of a vote for him and more of a vote against Trump.

Regardless of what happens, the age of America being the leading world superpower is coming to a close. I read how even if Biden returns to all the agreents that Trump spitefully pulled out of (WHO, Paris Agreement, etc), the other world leaders won't be sure if they can trust America to keep it's word.

Okay, so chapter 10 looks a bit rough. 

First: I hate dealing with the supporter skill, it always ends ugly. Definitely deadly on the enemy, gotta watch that.

Second: I cant let the boss die? What? 

Third: overall strong skillsets and inventories, of course that means nice steals as well, so not all bad.

So, where to begin?

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20201104_171449.jpg

Fellas, can we get an Extra Nice in the chat?

Super Nice

N      I       C      E

I        I       C      E

C      C      C      E

E      E       E      E

N                   N

I                    I            I

C         C             C

E                     E

Edited by Dayni

14 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Since when did this become the US Politics thread?

Don't worry, we'll go back to the regularly scheduled teehees soon enough. US politics is just really relevant at the moment.

Sorry for bringing my radical politics into this thread, but I think the country should not be lead by someone who not only doesn't do anything against a pandemic but actively demonize common sense measures.

Anyway:

23 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Second: I cant let the boss die? What? 

The objective is to let Vester talk to her. The game won't even allow you to target her, so there is no way she can actually die. His group will arrive at the gate at the opposite side of the map on turn 5.

23 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

So, where to begin?

First is of course crossing the bridge somehow.

But once you break down the gate, it's important to keep in mind that fighting the enemies in the town won't actually help with your objective. Vester's troops is going to go straight for the main keep and the troops in town won't pursue him. There is a Sleep Arrow guy, a really tough Guardian, a Ballista and of course Almachus himself set to stop him from reaching her. So you probably want to come up with a way to get someone up there to take care of these threats.
As for Almachus, he will retreat if one of the gates is broken down, or alternatively his Miracle Charm is broken.

Of course you will still want to deal with the town because of all the objectives and loot.
The town is filled to the max with Hide enemies. Czene is helpful here since she can reveal enemies while staying hidden herself.
More importantly, with the exception of some at the entrance, the hidden enemies have an unusual AI. They can ONLY move between houses. Not realizing this fact makes this pretty luck based. Of course some of them are also entirely stationary.

Also, there is a Crossbow guy in the East who has Watchful, which can be a danger for Czene.

Edited by BrightBow