Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

52 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Looks like most of my Christmas presents were lost in dispatch.

Yay.

I have to go and get everything again, thankfully I can get a refund, but I'm giving it until tomorrow before I do so.

And I said most because two items did show up. Odd.

Well, at least it's early into the holiday season (which seems to be starting super-early this year, because people want something to cheer them up with Covid ruining the year and all I fathom?), you have time.

---

Halfway into the first Winter, and I'm one or two days' worth of chopping away from getting enough lumber for the first house upgrade. I've delayed it for a long time. The Lake Mine isn't that profitable, only ~2000 gold per full stamina trip. Might be better for money making once I've unlocked the elevator to instantly warp to the lower floors, but I can't access that this Winter, I'd have to wait another year.

I gifted every guy (except Kai b/c he is only around in the Summer) chocolates on Valentine's Day, some of them took it without hesitation, others were a little flustered. Was it because I'm playing with a male farmer, or were they just being closed emotionally in general? I stumbled through the events for the new type of flower, which unlocked the preserved flower, which allows me to view the two new romance events per character.

Cliff collapsed, and I've already got him up to a yellow heart, and as I've said before I'm concerned I'm taking this game too fast. I'm not sure I'd ever do a second run of this game, and were I, it wouldn't be for a long while. So probably, I'll get everyone male and female to red heart all events viewed, before marrying my favorite. But because I don't want to drag things out for too long, I decided to cheat and look at what everyone actually likes, the game has given me very few spoken clues as to this. I'm surprised by just how easy some of these are, Doctor's absolute favorite thing is milk of any quality and Rick's favorite is spa-boiled eggs? You could max the LP of these guys ludicrously fast.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Villages are easy enough. You go into event mode and double-click where you want to place the village. On the window that pops up, if you check the village option, you can set the rewards, the text and whatnot, and even change the village tile through the "change map chip" option. Basic village graphics can be found at "ornaments", if you haven't found them already

you need a switch for bandits though

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't think there's a separate option for magic avoid, though.

yup, gotta create that from the scratch xD

Thx for folder path, though! I was gonna edit a community gba script haha

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

you need a switch for bandits though

There should be an easier way. Perhaps you could place bandits whose AI is to move to the village, and if they reach it, an auto event occurs that changes a variable that prevents the village event from being initiated. Sounds a bit confusing, I know, but it shouldn't be that hard.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

an auto event occurs that changes a variable that prevents the village event from being initiated.

And for exactly that you need a Switch
i think

xD

Oh well, will figure it out tomorrow, i got enough of SRPG Studio today by searching through so many plugins and trying to make them work xD

Spoiler

H5un16a.png

And most of them just to get the UI to my satisfaction and up to FE standards xD

Edited by Shrimperor

2 hours ago, Benice said:

Thanks!

FINAL-HECKING-LY! I FINALLY BEAT CHAPTER 19!

That was awful...

I loved that one...

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

second boss

huh? Wait which one is chapter 19 then??

Spoiler

Is that the Enbarr assault? I thoguht he said the Death Knight already died...

Edited by Sooks

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I loved that one...

It was fun until the sixth try, really.

The Onager kept critting and that danged Magic Orb was astoundingly annoying. I wish the reinforcements from behind arrived one or two turns later, because at the time they arrive, I feel like unless you are strideskipping or have multiple Wyvern Lords, (A class that I'm trying to avoid because Mount/Dismount is ridiculously broken) there's basically nothing you can do about them.

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

just checked with my local media mark though and it's still there ^^

Oh that's good. Yeah, I'd imagine local game stores would have it in stock.

Also looks like the out of print specifically applies to United States copies? Because it looks like other regions (including Canada, that's why I didn't say North America) still seem to be printing the game.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Man, the worst part about inserting custom music into SRPG Studio is making it loop properly.

Adobe Audition can help here I think. Yeah it has a subscription but you can always just

tumblr_o1wnztSYmy1uexdojo7_400.gif

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

As many Berwick fans as there are here, I'm surprised theres no simple mod of it yet!

Game's way too niche, not to mention Japan-only. Also the full English patch was released this year, I think. Or was it last? I know it's very recent.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

As many Berwick fans as there are here, I'm surprised theres no simple mod of it yet!

There is Berwick Redux, which is a rather meme-y "balance" patch including things such as Derrick having Flyer type movement with like 40 base LShield skill and 50 base Axe skill. Balance patches for these games are never my cup of tea, though, so I've never tried it myself.

Just now, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Got up at 4 AM just to play Cold Steel IV.

I know it's super unhealthy, but the Great Twilight even cursed me.

I hope I'll be able to finish till upcoming weekend.

Good morning!

I beat chapter 12 in one try. Huh. Maybe I do know what I’m doing sometimes.

I even got Ewan to level 10 in that chapter (though I rescue abused the boss- but only for one level)! And he got offensive stats fairly consistently. 8 magic and 9 speed at level 10, very nice.

If only I had that same luck with Pegasus knights. How does everyone end up with strength blessed pegs?? My Tana (the one I’m using) has 10 strength. F.

AlsoXXxPO3p.jpg

ssxRMws.jpg

Um...

And good morning Julian! (Kasumi?)

That's some goooooood Giorno Giovanna art.

10 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Got up at 4 AM just to play Cold Steel IV.

I know it's super unhealthy, but the Great Twilight even cursed me.

I understand, I stay up to 2 in the morning playing Xenoblade X sometimes.

55 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Game's way too niche, not to mention Japan-only. Also the full English patch was released this year, I think. Or was it last? I know it's very recent.

I doubt modding the simple things is that difficult. Even minor balance changes can make the game play much better. And boy could that game use them.

43 minutes ago, Spara said:

There is Berwick Redux, which is a rather meme-y "balance" patch including things such as Derrick having Flyer type movement with like 40 base LShield skill and 50 base Axe skill. Balance patches for these games are never my cup of tea, though, so I've never tried it myself.

I was talking something quality, actually. Someone who knows what they're doing at the wheel.

Edited by lightcosmo

Reminds me how there's not much hacking of SRW games either, outside the fan translations. Well, I've actually seen a few hacks around, so I know it has its base. Just, one practically Japan only last I checked, though that was years ago.

38 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And good morning Julian! (Kasumi?)

Good morning!

Jules or Sumi works best.

I don't want to be called with my actual name anymore tbh.

What level is Tana?

34 minutes ago, Armagon said:
I understand, I stay up to 2 in the morning playing Xenoblade X sometimes.

It's the exact opposite. I think I have stayed up that late only once in my entire life (New Year's doesn't count) when I played Smashed 64 against my dad which was about 20 years. I'm used to get up early for my entire life due to early college and work and it's not possible for me to change my day / night shedule anymore. After work I'm mostly exhausted that I don't feel like playing for long anymore; that's why I play super early before work.

Edited by Kasumi Yoshizawa

25 minutes ago, Sooks said:

ssxRMws.jpg

Um..

I love the GerikxTethys A support. Goes where no support had gone before, or probably since (unless Inigo really self-loves on the battlefield as I once heard someone say).

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Reminds me how there's not much hacking of SRW games either, outside the fan translations. Well, I've actually seen a few hacks around, so I know it has its base. Just, one practically Japan only last I checked, though that was years ago.

Does SRW require non-translation fan hacks though? There is an unending stream of official new games continually pitting more and more new franchises of mechs and even some non-mechs against each other. What else would you want?

I suppose theres also the issue of editing in new characters. For FE, a recoloring a sprite is easy, but you'd almost always need to draw entire new mechs, with magnificent attack animations (well, not so magnificent if we kept to say SNES era hacking), for an SRW fan hack. Thats a lot more work. 

Though *yawn*🥱 I have one or two impossible in a real game additions I'd like in an SRW fan hack.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Does SRW require non-translation fan hacks though? There is an unending stream of official new games continually pitting more and more new franchises of mechs and even some non-mechs against each other. What else would you want?

I suppose theres also the issue of editing in new characters. For FE, a recoloring a sprite is easy, but you'd almost always need to draw entire new mechs, with magnificent attack animations (well, not so magnificent if we kept to say SNES era hacking), for an SRW fan hack. Thats a lot more work. 

Though *yawn*🥱 I have one or two impossible in a real game additions I'd like in an SRW fan hack.

Well, I can't speak a whole lot since I don't know enough Japanese for it but I know there's a hack for F/FF that changed stuff like dialogue and events and stuff. Alpha and Alpha Gaiden have save editors that I know people have fooled around with. Like trying to re-add stuff in Alpha Gaiden from Alpha that were either removed or dummied out for AG.

There's a OG2 hack that reverses Lamia and Axel's roles. Yay, Ahoseru in GBA!OG2! lol Though I think Lamia still becomes playable anyway, best I remember.

Though yeah, making a fangame SRW out of scratch would be... very ambitious and difficult to do.

Oh? And what would those be?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

So here's a random bit of Xenoblade trivia: Xenoblade X is the only Xenoblade game to not have hit collision with enemies. You can walk through enemies as if they don't exist. I went back to Xenoblade 2 and DE to see if that was the case there as well but it isn't.

I suppose it may be due to necessity. Imagine bumping into everything with a skell... would get tedious fast. Since I assume you can also phase through them on a skell?

Also, huh, didn't remember that.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Oh yeah, that OG2 hack also made that girl playable... I forgot her name, the one OG added as also a companion to Arado and Seolla, that in the actual game dies after being forced to fight the party or so.

IMG_20201110_232905.jpg

I wonder if it's a stylistic choice to make the stars visible even during the day or if it's something to add to Mira's mystery. I mean, the planet already has five moons and with them being so close that it's visible during the day, it should be causing massive tsunamis but it isn't.