Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, but the cliffs have their own brand of problems, don't they?

I don't see what those would be. That way you neither have to face the armor, nor the ballista.
There are crossbow guys hidden in the forest.to the southeast, but they can be easily taken out with 2 range attacks.

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

You could cast insta death magic on the whole of Zemuria and no one would die

Well, that's because instant death magic (and instant death in general, really) tends to be useless. Unless you're on the receiving end, that is.

Edited by Shadow Mir

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

You guys want to see Elmo from Sesame Street sing Cruel Angel's Thesis? No?

Well too bad, you're listening to it anyway.

Well, at least it wasn't Komm Süsser Tod...

Maybe I should just see if I can still import working copies of Alpha 2 and Alpha 3. And mod my PS2 already.

Dammit, I'll finish the Alpha tetralogy one day!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

He does, but i want him eliminated, as much as I did Derrick my first run. He's going to die, one way or another. 

Ruby's your best bet for this due to Axebane, if she's been trained a fair bit. She may do a little if she uses a Mithril spear or Fauchard.

Otherwise, Lv. 20+ Esteban can very easily dispatch his shield, and I think Wind Magic can as well?

The best game of all time sold so much they ran out of copies.

Jokes aside @Shrimperor I know this was on your holiday list so I'd recommend picking it up digital now when the time comes.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If you didn't know, an update has been released to Project Ember. Virtually no gameplay changes, just a shiny new animation for fighters, a new portrait and combat palette for Marcus and changes to weapon descriptions and whatnot. Nothing too big, but if you want to install it, saves are compatible.

Good to know.

Any news if that big Ch.23 bug got fixed?

30 Plugins and i didn't even add weapon rank plugin in yet xD

But i think my base system is now in an acceptable state to create first map (still missing arrow up/down on traingle advantage/disadvantage though)

Now just weapon rank and village events and time to recreate Thracia ch5

then THE MAP

Then maybe my own thing xD

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I know this was on your holiday list so I'd recommend picking it up digital now when the time comes.

Thanks for the notice!

I just checked with my local media mark though and it's still there ^^

btw @Saint Rubenio for the borrowed art assets you just edited them using gimp or something to get 64x64? Gotta do the same thing if i am gonna recreate a Thracia chapter...

Edited by Shrimperor

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

@Benice @Saint Rubenio

http://srpg-studio-study.blog.jp/

found this today. Although in japanese, it has alot of useful tutorials, and google translate seems sufficient

Thanks!

FINAL-HECKING-LY! I FINALLY BEAT CHAPTER 19!

That was awful...

12 minutes ago, Benice said:

FINAL-HECKING-LY! I FINALLY BEAT CHAPTER 19!

That was awful...

That first set of reinforcements forced me to change my entire approach, I feel your pain.

I ended up warping on the second boss, I'd taken long enough.

56 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

for the borrowed art assets you just edited them using gimp or something to get 64x64? Gotta do the same thing if i am gonna recreate a Thracia chapter...

I used paint.net, and SRPG Studio portraits are 96x96. Other than that, yes. I trust you've already figured out how to insert assets?

29 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

http://srpg-studio-study.blog.jp/

found this today. Although in japanese, it has alot of useful tutorials, and google translate seems sufficient

I like how FE1's first map is chilling on the front page.

Man, the worst part about inserting custom music into SRPG Studio is making it loop properly.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I trust you've already figured out how to insert assets?

yup yup!

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Man, the worst part about inserting custom music into SRPG Studio is making it loop properly.

That's why i use f2u music (like wingless seraph) that come looped

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

That's why i use f2u music (like wingless seraph) that come looped

I mean, heck, SRPG Studio's own music does the job, but it thrills me too much to give myself Sorrow's Distortion as a boss theme

Looks like most of my Christmas presents were lost in dispatch.

Yay.

I have to go and get everything again, thankfully I can get a refund, but I'm giving it until tomorrow before I do so.

And I said most because two items did show up. Odd.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, heck, SRPG Studio's own music does the job, but it thrills me too much to give myself Sorrow's Distortion as a boss theme

I got sick of SRPG studio music after testing so many times xD

Spoiler

MxVIoYi.png

Red Enemy status screen, Max durability, Supports and Stat increases/decreases shown

Spoiler

J5yyRrX.png

When checking weapons you can compare stats to equipped weapon

Spoiler

Rcftx3D.png

You can see the skills of everyone and even check their description on battle preps

Yup yup, i am finally happy with the UI now xD

Stuff i need to do:

• Find script for arrow Up/Down on Triangle Dis-/Advantage
  • Villages
  • Change calculations. Already have an idea on how to do that. Namely want to make Hit = Whit + Skl, Avo = AS, Mag Avo= 1/2Lck+1/2AS (and terrain ignoring), and Skl/3 as weight compensation
Edited by Shrimperor

Alright, Sixth Crusade time in CK2. This time for Abyssinia. At this point getting over the crusading targets is becoming more and more time costly. But I still got the largest contributor share, ha!

As I thought, the Byzantine Empire is expanding across the Persian coast. Though they've just about taken all the one possible through Holy Wars. Meanwhile, the Mongols have decided to compensate the loss of the Tibetan plateau by annexing... woah! They now have the Indus river region and half of India itself! Talk about compensating, alright... they also annexed Nenetsia. Oh well...

34 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Villages

Villages are easy enough. You go into event mode and double-click where you want to place the village. On the window that pops up, if you check the village option, you can set the rewards, the text and whatnot, and even change the village tile through the "change map chip" option. Basic village graphics can be found at "ornaments", if you haven't found them already.

34 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Change calculations. Already have an idea on how to do that. Namely want to make Hit = Whit + Skl, Avo = AS, Mag Avo= 1/2Lck+1/2AS (and terrain ignoring), and Skl/3 as weight compensation

You can find a file called singleton-calculation.js over at SRPGStudioFolder\Studio\english\Script\singleton\, and copy it to the plugin folder of your project. There you can make the appropriate changes. They will be applied to the project automatically. I don't think there's a separate option for magic avoid, though.

Edited by Saint Rubenio