Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Wait, is it for the entire day or just shortly after sunrise? Since an argument could be made about not being enough light yet to completely block them from view. Specially since that pic is form just after 8AM.

Like, I would think the star that Mira orbits (if that is even the case) wouldn't be as our Sol.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

IMG_20201111_000513.jpg

I am not taking anyone with a name like that seriously.

26 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait, is it for the entire day or just shortly after sunrise? Since an argument could be made about not being enough light yet to completely block them from view. Specially since that pic is form just after 8AM.

Nah, the stars still shine even after midday.

55 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh? And what would those be?

One of them is super-obvious, the Xeno franchise. Mostly 'Gears. I'm unfamiliar with mainline SRW, but assuming games can leave things unresolved for a second game, I'd split things. So the first of two games features most of the playable characters in their standard Gears, second game would pick up somewhere late Disc 1 XG, and add Seibzehn, Crescens, and upgrade all of the standard Gears to Omnigear status.

The other would be Custom Robo, I have good memories of the GameCube entry, as two screenshots I posted earlier indicate. Their problem, besides originating in a video game, is that they're toy-sized. Buuuuut I'd be totally fine with somehow making them proper mecha-size and either adding a cockpit, or a wireless mind connection from the nearby allied battleship. Make their attacks fast-paced combinations of all the various guns, bombs, pods, and charging accompanied by running, aerial jumps and air dashes. If we used the GameCube game (the five games have entirely separate worlds and storylines), we'd be looking at maybe 8 playable characters.

Can't remember if there was a third something I'd have liked in SRW, too sleepy at the moment to think about it.

44 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh yeah, that OG2 hack also made that girl playable... I forgot her name, the one OG added as also a companion to Arado and Seolla, that in the actual game dies after being forced to fight the party or so.

You mean the one with a rather good battle theme?

Ouka did not deserve her fate.

39 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20201110_232905.jpg

I wonder if it's a stylistic choice to make the stars visible even during the day or if it's something to add to Mira's mystery. I mean, the planet already has five moons and with them being so close that it's visible during the day, it should be causing massive tsunamis but it isn't.

Never noticed the stars. And for the moons, when has their proximity and number ever mattered in a video game?  

Of course, this could be evidence that Mira is an artificial planet, or a natural one, but its current state is one maintained through unseen artificial means.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

One of them is super-obvious, the Xeno franchise. Mostly 'Gears. I'm unfamiliar with mainline SRW, but assuming games can leave things unresolved for a second game, I'd split things. So the first of two games features most of the playable characters in their standard Gears, second game would pick up somewhere late Disc 1 XG, and add Seibzehn, Crescens, and upgrade all of the standard Gears to Omnigear status.

The other would be Custom Robo, I have good memories of the GameCube entry, as two screenshots I posted earlier indicate. Their problem, besides originating in a video game, is that they're toy-sized. Buuuuut I'd be totally fine with somehow making them proper mecha-size and either adding a cockpit, or a wireless mind connection from the nearby allied battleship. Make their attacks fast-paced combinations of all the various guns, bombs, pods, and charging accompanied by running, aerial jumps and air dashes. If we used the GameCube game, we'd be looking at maybe 8 playable characters.

Can't remember if there was a third something I'd have liked in SRW, too tired at the moment to think about it.

Most SRW games are standalone. It largely depends. Like, series can have only part of their story adapted, or it's all included in a very adapted way. Or for stuff like UC Gundam, everything happening all at once. For those SRW games that do have sequential stories, yeah, it would get split up.

Hmm, but overall, yeah, those two aren't likely to be in. Outside the Saga stuff in the Endless Frontier games. SRW is mostly anime. Though some manga-only stuff has been included. Although video game first stuff has been included. Alpha 3 and K had Virtual-On Marz. And SRW overall has always from time to time added stuff to their rosters that they hadn't before. Heck, SRW DD included Devilman, and it's not even a mecha series! So don't discount stuff just yet.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You mean the one with a rather good battle theme?

Ouka did not deserve her fate.

Ah, Ouka. Yeah, her.

IMG_20201111_001612.jpg

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And for the moons, when has their proximity and number ever mattered in a video game?  

It hasn't but with how the game makes a point that Mira is not a normal planet, I just think it's interesting. Especially since one of the moons seems to have this dark energy through it

IMG_20201111_002019.jpg

It probably is just there to look neat but I like to think it adds to Mira's strangeness.

This reminds me how the VTX trilogy had a theme of adding a "battleship anime" each. Where there's not really much mechas if at all, just the battleship.

V had Space Battleship Yamato, X was Nadia Secret of Blue Water, and T with Arcadia of my Youth.

And of course, not-quite-mechas have been a mainstay for long. J introduced Tekkaman Blade, and I think it was the first one where the "mecha" was more power suit. Though I guess D did that first with Megazone 23, which has motorbike/powersuit hybrids.

And of course, who can ever forget the legendary fight between Master Asia and Alberto the Shockwave...

So the point is, SRW is a very flexible series.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

huh? Wait which one is chapter 19 then??

Reveal hidden contents

Is that the Enbarr assault? I thoguht he said the Death Knight already died...

I'm not sure for Benice, but for me I was just done playing after a while and warpskipped.

50 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

The Fog of War chapter where I save the sacrifices is mean

I adore that mission, for quite a few reasons. Particularly how it uses the mechanics to actually feel like a stealth mission without getting absolutely destroyed by ballistae, instead having the Wormwood mage just north of the sacrifice site. Also, the tension is so consistent throughout - rarely a dull moment to be found.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Do I get to keep Paramythis as an ally or is she temporary?

Spoiler

I think you get to keep her.

Just out of curiosity, which units did you use, and who is your favorite character thus far?

Edited by Benice