• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

True enough.

Yeah, Especially the magic based ones. Fish girl is the only exception to that, and that's because she's innately magically inclined anyway. Once again, Felix gets special mention for having a budding talent in Reason... when his spell list is shallow even compared to the drained Lake Hylia.

Edited by Shadow Mir

For all that is possible, I've never done it myself.

Closest I've ever done in Crusader Kings has been Second Cousins. Because otherwise you chance getting the Inbred Trait, and it's VERY crippling to your stats. So yeah.

Also i just wanna point that sometimes a story does not need to be written well or have good characters despite what i just said. Sometimes stories are carried by rule of cool. Case in point: Godzilla.

Of course, that's assuming it was designed that way. Godzilla can get away with dumb writing because chances are you aren't watching Godzilla for the plot. But something like Lord of the Rings did actually need good writing. 

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

But do you prefer it higher or lower?

Pass the point of no return and keep going just to see what happens.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Because otherwise you chance getting the Inbred Trait, and it's VERY crippling to your stats. So yeah.

Spanish royal family moment.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Also i just wanna point that sometimes a story does not need to be written well or have good characters despite what i just said.

It also depends on the medium is going for.

I enjoy a good story as much as anyone else, but sometimes you just want to kick some ass

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I enjoy a good story as much as anyone else, but sometimes you just want to kick some ass

Yeah, that's what i meant by "Of course, that's assuming it was designed that way".

So Corrin x Azura was retconned by saying their moms only viewed each other as sisters (as I saw in someone’s post here)? But doesn’t Mikoto say it makes Corrin Vallite royalty—

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

60px-Trait_pure_blooded.png Pure-blooded     
  •  +10% Fertility
  •  −50% Inbreeding chance
  •  +0.25 Health
      This character is of a pure bloodline.

You either inherit this, or it appears depending on how many common ancestors a married couple has. Highest % at 20 common ancestors.

You get plus health for having common ancestry? That’s not how that works 💀

14 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I do like Berwick though...

But you’re Benice’s eternal rival! I thought it was funny at least.

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

But do you prefer it higher or lower?

xD

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Dynasty warriors be like

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

So Corrin x Azura was retconned by saying their moms only viewed each other as sisters (as I saw in someone’s post here)? But doesn’t Mikoto say it makes Corrin Vallite royalty—

Corrin is still related to Anankos. That's what makes him/her a Vallite royal.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Good question.

Anyone have an answer to that?

EDIT: question answered

Edited by twilitfalchion

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Indeed.

On the other hand, it totally becomes an eugenics game. Though there are... alternatives...

i6cbm01hgcy51.png

Why is there cannibalism in CK2?

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Anyone have an answer to that?

Lol no.

On the topic of first impressions, whilst I'm no boundless saint who'll forgive everything, I am willing to keep an open mind if things don't land on the right foot the first time in fiction.

23 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ptolemaic Family Tree. | Ptolemaic dynasty, Egypt history, Cleopatra

You can totally do it even more entangled.

*Tries analyzing this*

I don't see any sons here marrying their mothers. And here I was misled into thinking from a TV documentary that mom & son sexual unions between Ptolemies happened. I am disappoint.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You get plus health for having common ancestry? That’s not how that works 💀

No, you see, the blood is so inbred, the value overflows and wraps back to 0. Hence, pure-blooded. Learn your integers.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Why is there cannibalism in CK2?

Because it's a thing that happens.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Tries analyzing this*

I don't see any sons here marrying their mothers. And here I was misled into thinking from a TV documentary that mom & son sexual unions between Ptolemies happened. I am disappoint.

But you have a few niece-uncle marriages.

Which can actually happen in FE Awakening, come to think of it.

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Dynasty warriors be like

This will probably come off as a surprise, but... the story in Dynasty Warriors is actually pretty good.
... Because it is based on a novel based on real events that actually happened in China around 200 A.D.

That very same story is also the inspiration for Three Houses.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Clearly, Silver Snow is canon then, because it makes Byleth the Jin to Edelgard's Wei.

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Also i just wanna point that sometimes a story does not need to be written well or have good characters despite what i just said. Sometimes stories are carried by rule of cool. Case in point: Godzilla.

Of course, that's assuming it was designed that way. Godzilla can get away with dumb writing because chances are you aren't watching Godzilla for the plot. But something like Lord of the Rings did actually need good writing.

Even when for some reason Godzilla's dunking a basketball.

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Pass the point of no return and keep going just to see what happens.

You on CK:

Original | Let's Keep Going And See What Happens | Know Your Meme

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Clearly, Silver Snow is canon then, because it makes Byleth the Jin to Edelgard's Wei.

Apparently we can also claim that the worst episode of The Last Airbender takes inspiration from it with those names.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

This will probably come off as a surprise, but... the story in Dynasty Warriors is actually pretty good.
... Because it is based on a novel based on real events that actually happened in China around 200 A.D.

I really need to play a Dynasty Warriors story mode sometime. PSP emulation works great on my laptop. I just have to get around to it.

Now comes the inevitable shilling.

Should anyone be interested to try out the Crusader Kings games, CK2 is free to play. Though the DLC still costs a lot. But get it on a Steam sale. Or, if you want something more modern, there's the released-this-year CK3. Which will also get tons of DLC in the following years.

THere's also CK1, but... well, it's there too.

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Even when for some reason Godzilla's dunking a basketball.

Were you refering to this?

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

apparently i own CK2

huh

PC gamer moment.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Should anyone be interested to try out the Crusader Kings games, CK2 is free to play. Though the DLC still costs a lot. But get it on a Steam sale. Or, if you want something more modern, there's the released-this-year CK3. Which will also get tons of DLC in the following years.

Are they graphics heavy? Because I have Windows boot camp. I can run older PC games fine. The newer stuff not so much.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Are they graphics heavy? Because I have Windows boot camp. I can run older PC games fine. The newer stuff not so much.

iirc Crusader Kings is reminiscent of those old PC games from the early 2000s.