Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Benice said:

Use a story/book/game/other form of media as an example, relate in some way to real life, (even if it is in a weird way) and make sure to point out that you made a media-world connection.

She wants us to say things that we actually experience ourselves (but she did say we could lie, it just has to be believable- that being said, I don’t really know what I have to risk, sooo).

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

She wants us to say things that we actually experience ourselves (but she did say we could lie, it just has to be believable- that being said, I don’t really know what I have to risk, sooo).

Talking about a character taking a risk in a book you've read counts as something you experienced, right?

Have a bad example that is no longer relevant, but I already wrote it so imma paste it nyways.

Taking risks is a part of everyone's life that is difficult to overcome, yet so essential to us as people. If we never took risks, our lives on a day-to-day basis would be much less interesting and the quality of life would be much lower.

For example, take Old Major from Animal Farm. Had he said nothing and chosen not to take the risk, nothing would have even been able to try to change things; however, he does take this risk, and this brings power to his actions. He makes massive social change and makes the world more like what he thinks it should be for everyone.

People taking risks allowed many, many inventions to happen. Vulcanized rubber, planes, bikes and many, many more were all made by people taking risks to do something big.

As we can see from Old Major , the ability to calculate risks, face our fears and push through is essential for our society to not remain stagnant and to make the wold more like what it should be. Even if it is in a minor way, every risk we choose to take will have consequences, and these consequences are what make life worth living.

Edited by Benice

1 minute ago, Benice said:

For example, take Old Major from Animal Farm. Had he said nothing and chosen not to take the risk, nothing would have even been able to try to change things; however, he does take this risk, and this brings power to his actions. He makes massive social change and makes the world more like what he thinks it should be for everyone.

As we can see from Old Major , the ability to calculate risks, face our fears and push through is essential for our society to not remain stagnant and to make the wold more like what it should be. Even if it is in a minor way, every risk we choose to take will have consequences, and these consequences are what make life worth living.

That's a good point, although Old Major's actions led to the rise of an abhorrent tyranny, so some risks need not be taken lest the consequences be much greater than the current situation.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

That's a good point, although Old Major's actions led to the rise of an abhorrent tyranny, so some risks need not be taken lest the consequences be much greater than the current situation.

Yes, indeed. Animal Farm was just the first book that came to mind that I could think of something to argue for and I didn't really feel like writing several paragraphs to properly explain my position.

I must work harder! Wraith is always right!

Edited by Benice

Just now, Benice said:

Yes, indeed. Animal Farm was just the first book that came to mind that I could think of something to argue for and I didn't really feel like writing several paragraphs to properly explain my position.

I must work harder!

Oh, no I wasn't criticizing your opinion. I was just offering an alternative perspective. Sorry if it came across that way.

No, Boxer! NO! IT'S THE KNACKER!

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

This is my thought process, but I don’t know if my teacher would accept that.

Just now, Sooks said:

If the basis of the essay is your opinion (as it should be with an open question like that), then any answer should be acceptable so long as it's given some support or examples and clear reasoning.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yes, exactly what Twilit said. If you want to make your position, "we should be wary of taking risks," then do so!

Just now, Sooks said:

I think online school and quarantine have made me lazy....

Me.txt

Aight, today I start english (Yay! Easy!) and drafting, (NO! HELP!!!) hope it goes well...

31 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

After all the shit what has happened today, I need a glass of whiskey right now.

cheers Wraith

Actually no, I shouldn't drink anything right now...

No, come on Julian, at least have one for the road. 

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

As for SRPGs that I want to play at some point, I've been meaning to give the SMT Devil Survivor games a go (will probably play these on DS, actually, now that my laptop can run desmume properly)

Allow me to warn you that Devil Survivor 1'S DS version has: no voice acting, no 8th days on three of the routes, and more concerning, no demonic compendium. It lacks a few skills and demons the 3DS port added too, but nothing too significant on that front, and no NG+ awards ceremony. DS2's DS original does have the very useful compendium, though no VAing, nor the Triangulum story, which has a few new skills exclusive to it I'm told, and a few handfuls of Spotpass'ed demons too.

There are a few very tiny translation differences between the DS originals and 3DS ports too. I coulda sworn I saw the term "horndog" in DS2's DS version, which got replaced by "horny" in Record Breaker. One slightly more notable change was Joe's nickname for Ronaldo, in Record Breaker it's "Ronnie", in the original it's "Clicky". Clicky makes sense when you consider the following:

• Cs and Ks sound similar. Is and Ys sound similar.
  • Japanese operates in syllables, not individual letters. You can't have "K" by itself in Japanese, you need to add something, like vowel.
  • Japanese Transliteration 101- the "RL" issue.

Add these altogether, and you see that "Clicky" is a wordplay on Ronaldo's last name- Kuriki. I like Clicky because it's a more original nickname, but it does make no sense unless you think it out like me and have some knowledge of Japanese transliteration into the Latin alphabet.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

And of course there's the Stella Glow prequels. Luminous Arc, I think they're called.

Will watching the opening trailers imprint them into your mind better?:

And, I shall begin apologizing in advance if my occasional evangelization for either Devil Survivor or Luminous Arc has created a critical mass of external hype which will exceed the pressure emitted by the joy you experience internally. Thus, causing the star of your playing of the games to collapse and create a hypernova of hype-induced-hate which annihilates planets within a few lightyears and to eradicate all life on the planets within hundreds thousands of lightyears nearby. 

*Straps a pillow to my forehead, gets on my knees, and begins rhythmically banging my head against the ground asking for forgiveness*       

11 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, I have a very shameful confession to make.
Due to YouTube constantly recommending me the OSTs and most of the themes being absolute bangers (like this one, which is probably my favorite out of all of them right now), I actually went and got Senran Kagura 2 - Deep Crimson on the 3DS.

A friend of mine is very into Senran Kagura so i get it. Have fun!

I better not see you buy that spin-off on the Switch tho.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Fuck...

I just came up upon a huge villainess rec list...

It was nice knowing y'all imma go more down that rabbit hole..

Shrimpy was never seen again.