Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

So Saito, Xenoblade 2's main character designer, drew Pyra and Mythra for the third anniversary and

Every time Saito draws Xenoblade 2 outside of the game itself, it always looks better and I'm upset he never used this artstyle for the in-game character art.

That's gorgeous!

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So I'm replaying Octopath Traveler right now. Not that fond of RPGs, as I believe I've said here before, but I remember having fun with that one, and... I dunno, I just felt like it. Since I'm replaying it, I figured I should probably do things differently, pick the characters I neglected last time, which is why my starter is the exact same. What can I say, Cyrus is too cool.
I've already picked Ophelia and Olberic for my second and third slots. Ha'anit, Primrose and Alfyn are out because I already used them last time (and Alfyn's path action overlaps with Cyrus's, too). Perhaps this time I won't quit early and will actually play through the remaining four stories. We'll see.

I remain undecided on the final member. I don't really like Therion, and I care little for Tressa's story. I've picked up Tressa first, mainly because she's right below Cyrus on the map, but it's still early enough to swap her out. Octopath fans in the thread, any suggestions?

Pinging @Sooks because I think he's played all eight routes.

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Once a farming sim gets you hooked, it’s hard to stop.

That can be the case for sure. And then there is the issue if you set the game down for an extended hiatus, of getting back into where you left off if you don't remember your entire schedule. You may have to take a few ingame days trying to remember what you doing, working towards, how you managed your time, etc.. 

Speaking of which, although I by a small margin failed to get Kai to marriage-ready red heart in FoMT, I did squeeze in both of his two new Pressed Flower "dating" (not really descriptive, it's more the same, just slightly more intimate) heart events, they were nice. Now, I'll spend my second Fall doing everyone else's Pressed Flower events for the sake of seeing them, and because I want the ingame achievement for dating everyone before marrying someone, it has the wonderful name of "I Choose You!".😄 Though this save file won't be a perfect one. I think I won't wed until after White Day in Year 3, for the sake of seeing the letter Kai sends you with chocolate inside, I didn't get it from him in the second year.

Oh, and I got the beach house, a flower for the Goddess every day does that, I wish there was more stuff inside than just a bed and save journal. I do like the premise of having multiple residences in a farming sim, but for FoMT the second houses are basically trophies and little else. Still, gonna try to get the 10 million G town villa. The 50th wedding anniversary mountain cottage is a NO! though. I don't think it'd take 50 years to acquire the 362 million G to buy all of Van's rare items.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 hours ago, Benice said:

Not gonna lie, Farenheit makes no sense...

Yep, that’s why I brought it up the way I did.

40 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

which is why my starter is the exact same. What can I say, Cyrus is too cool. 

Cyrus is cool, but he is not the right choice to start with. You are objectively incorrect and forbidden from speaking of the game ever again since you dared to start with anyone that isn’t Ophelia, Tressa, or Primrose.

Perhaps this time I won't quit early and will actually play through the remaining four stories. We'll see.

They’re nothing special if I’m being honest, but working towards them makes them feel very good.

I remain undecided on the final member. I don't really like Therion, and I care little for Tressa's story. I've picked up Tressa first, mainly because she's right below Cyrus on the map, but it's still early enough to swap her out. Octopath fans in the thread, any suggestions?

Therion is kind of like the anti-Primrose, while she focuses on buffing your party, Therion (sort of) focuses on debuffing the enemy, with his skills that lower their strength and defense. He has more support type skills, mostly to support himself like hp thief, which is basically nosferatu (except doesn’t do that much damage on him because both he and daggers are weak), and the same with sp. He can also give sp equal to 50% of his current sp to allies and he has a fire spell because why not. Obviously he has a steal skill as well for in battle, which just gets you items you’ll never use past chapter one. He wields swords and daggers but is rather squishy, specializing in evasion and speed. Your typical thief character. I can see why you wouldn’t like him, he’s “edgy” and “cool”. Him joining the party and the other characters helping him doesn’t even make sense BUT his starting town has a really good theme so.... dancer is a good subjob for him because it gives him more avoid, which he wants, and lets him become a buff and debuff bot. He also has rather high physical attack, and since his is very accurate, hunter would make a nice subjob for him because it gives accuracy to use those low hit hunter skills like the one that rains arrows. Leghold Trap (makes an enemy go last) also helps with his debuff the enemy nature. Apothecary would be good for similar reasons, capitalizing on his higher attack and giving him some support skills. But, overall, I find him to probably be the worst character in the game. All of his skills are extremely situational and if you want steal (the path action) that badly just put him in the party from the inn in every town and then put him back. Problem solved.

Tressa is more of a jack of all trades. She can use pull arms and bows, and also gets two wind spells, and no other starting class (the OG eight) gets wind magic. She can “collect” money from enemies with a skill, and she can pay money to summon insanely powerful mercenaries to attack once, which is very useful if you have some money lying around. She can give BP to allies and her divine skill gives her money equal to damage dealt, so she really likes money. All of her stats are pretty good but not like as good as others, so she can chip in in either the physical or elemental damage department depending on what you need, and hired help can also put status effects on the enemy. Plus, money. Her support skills (the ones you buy outside of battle with JP and equip) halve her so consumption, gives her what is basically miracle from fe but not a chance activation, give her a 25% chance not to use a use of consumable item, and... have you gain additional money after battle. She can also restore her own hp, sp, and cure her own status effects with one skill that costs 0 sp, which is nice. As far as subjobs literally anything can work on her because of her aforementioned balanced-ness, whatever you need contributing to on the team she will contribute to. Lastly, I don’t know how far you will play but the in the late game, when you start unlocking new secondary classes, one of them has a skill that lets any of your skills that would only apply to one target apply to the entire party instead. I didn’t mention Tressa’s skill sidestep, which lets her always dodge a physical attack (I don’t remember if it’s the next one or you get to choose but still) ...you can see where I’m going with this. Plus she’s adorable. Look at her in the hunter subjobQX2KEzw.jpg

how could you not add this to your team?? Her story is better than Therion’s mcguffin hunt, just as an aside.

TL;DR Therion is too situational to be super useful until subjobs role around, and even then he is stuck in the succ thief class as his primary. Plus he’s edgy. You don’t want that on your team. Tressa >>>>>>>> Therion

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Pinging @Sooks because I think he's played all eight routes.

Yep, I have. Thank you!

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It was like less than 10C outside here earlier in the morning... and it was cold, yes.

Luxury. Try sleeping in -15C, outside, with a foot of snow on the ground as a kid.

Edited by Wraith

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Young Fate-ling, i know i am not one to speak, but what exactly are you playing? xD

Anime corrupts the youth absolutely Shrimp-kun, even I didn’t escape unscathed. 

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

A game about students murderizing each other.
Or so I thought, anyway. xD

Seems like a different type of murder xD

2 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Anime corrupts the youth absolutely Shrimp-kun, even I didn’t escape unscathed. 

good good. Let the anime flow through you

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

good good. Let the anime flow through you

Save your Thanos quotes for later Shrimp-Kun. I know I’m not hip with what the kids are into these days, but that doesn’t mean I’m completely out of depth here.

Just now, Armagon said:

That seems bad for your health xd.

Well, the character on the receiving end didn't take it very well. xD

---

Although I gotta say one thing: outside of "different continuity with some references to the first game thrown in to be cute" as an explanation, Danganronpa 2 makes exactly zero sense as a sequel as of right now.
On the off chance that people here want to play it, I won't say exactly what it is, but... the presence and appearance of some characters stands in direct contradiction to what happened in the first game.
One character in particular... stands out (SPOILERS follow, so if you have even the slightest bit of interest in playing Danganronpa, DO NOT CLICK!):

Spoiler

Namely my least favorite character in the first game.
This is him in the first game:

AFdxSUc.jpg

Yes, his Ultimate "talent" is being rich as hell.

And this him in Danganronpa 2:

n7vdFOd.jpg

He's still a prick. That much hasn't changed.
But dang(anronpa).

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Then free his soul from Xel'lotath. I suggest invoking Chattur'gha, but be very careful not to open yourself to its control.

We’re going to need Ubbo-Sathla for this one I fear.

43 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Cyrus is cool, but he is not the right choice to start with. You are objectively incorrect and forbidden from speaking of the game ever again since you dared to start with anyone that isn’t Ophelia, Tressa, or Primrose.

Hmmm... No, but you see, Ophelia, Tressa and Primrose have a disadvantage. That disadvantage is as follows: They are not Cyrus. Cyrus is awesome. Ophelia, Tressa and Primrose are less awesome. I'm afraid I shall have to retain my rights to speak of this game, seeing as your argument for revoking them is factually incorrect.

46 minutes ago, Sooks said:

They’re nothing special if I’m being honest, but working towards them makes them feel very good.

Well, I already played through three of them in my first run. It would be a matter of whether or not I'll have the patience to go for the secret boss.

48 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Therion is kind of like the anti-Primrose, while she focuses on buffing your party, Therion (sort of) focuses on debuffing the enemy, with his skills that lower their strength and defense. He has more support type skills, mostly to support himself like hp thief, which is basically nosferatu (except doesn’t do that much damage on him because both he and daggers are weak), and the same with sp. He can also give sp equal to 50% of his current sp to allies and he has a fire spell because why not. Obviously he has a steal skill as well for in battle, which just gets you items you’ll never use past chapter one. He wields swords and daggers but is rather squishy, specializing in evasion and speed. Your typical thief character. I can see why you wouldn’t like him, he’s “edgy” and “cool”. Him joining the party and the other characters helping him doesn’t even make sense BUT his starting town has a really good theme so.... dancer is a good subjob for him because it gives him more avoid, which he wants, and lets him become a buff and debuff bot. He also has rather high physical attack, and since his is very accurate, hunter would make a nice subjob for him because it gives accuracy to use those low hit hunter skills like the one that rains arrows. Leghold Trap (makes an enemy go last) also helps with his debuff the enemy nature. Apothecary would be good for similar reasons, capitalizing on his higher attack and giving him some support skills. But, overall, I find him to probably be the worst character in the game. All of his skills are extremely situational and if you want steal (the path action) that badly just put him in the party from the inn in every town and then put him back. Problem solved.

Hmm... Doesn't really sound much fun to use. Stealing is cute, but Tressa gets money, which is probably better. Also:

48 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Him joining the party and the other characters helping him doesn’t even make sense

Does it ever? The party vanishes for every cutscene. One of my favorite moments was when Primrose got stabbed, and the other three idiots just... sort of left her there to bleed out.

56 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Tressa is more of a jack of all trades. She can use pull arms and bows, and also gets two wind spells, and no other starting class (the OG eight) gets wind magic. She can “collect” money from enemies with a skill, and she can pay money to summon insanely powerful mercenaries to attack once, which is very useful if you have some money lying around. She can give BP to allies and her divine skill gives her money equal to damage dealt, so she really likes money. All of her stats are pretty good but not like as good as others, so she can chip in in either the physical or elemental damage department depending on what you need, and hired help can also put status effects on the enemy. Plus, money. Her support skills (the ones you buy outside of battle with JP and equip) halve her so consumption, gives her what is basically miracle from fe but not a chance activation, give her a 25% chance not to use a use of consumable item, and... have you gain additional money after battle. She can also restore her own hp, sp, and cure her own status effects with one skill that costs 0 sp, which is nice. As far as subjobs literally anything can work on her because of her aforementioned balanced-ness, whatever you need contributing to on the team she will contribute to. Lastly, I don’t know how far you will play but the in the late game, when you start unlocking new secondary classes, one of them has a skill that lets any of your skills that would only apply to one target apply to the entire party instead. I didn’t mention Tressa’s skill sidestep, which lets her always dodge a physical attack (I don’t remember if it’s the next one or you get to choose but still) ...you can see where I’m going with this.

This one sounds fun. I can tell you, I'm already making use of donate BP to allow Cyrus to be even more hilarious with his magic. As I did in my last run, with my designated merchant. Yeah... think I might keep her.

58 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Plus she’s adorable. Look at her in the hunter subjobQX2KEzw.jpg

how could you not add this to your team??

You know, that's not really much of a plus for me. Cutesy anime girls tend to bore me if that's all they have to them. Tressa does have a sassy side to her that I enjoy, though. Most likely better than moody thief.

59 minutes ago, Sooks said:

TL;DR Therion is too situational to be super useful until subjobs role around, and even then he is stuck in the succ thief class as his primary. Plus he’s edgy. You don’t want that on your team. Tressa >>>>>>>> Therion

Hahahahahahah... I like how the dealbreaker is that Therion is edgy.

Yeah, okay. I think Tressa it is. She can be a BP-bot for Cyrus.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Namely my least favorite character in the first game.

Awww, really? Him? My only experience with Danganronpa is watching the anime for the first game, and he was my favorite character. He's a complete and utter moron who never does anything useful, is always wrong about everything and goes the entire plot without ever accomplishing anything noteworthy. Usually I hate arrogant characters in fiction, but that's mostly when the story goes out of its way to validate their arrogance by making them out to be oh-so-awesome. It's why I couldn't stand Kira when I watched Death Note (well that and the fact that he was an insane megalomaniac that I was somehow supposed to root for, obviously). This guy, though? I loved him. He made me laugh so much.