Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

My Octopath game card is working.

WHAT

I thought it would be expectable to have level 50~ characters without grinding at the end but... my Ophelia is level 87 😬

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The glaring exception here is Cyrus and Alfyn. You'd think the genius scholar from the most prestigious academy in the world who teaches a friggin' princess would be the one with the noble path action, but no. It's Alfyn, the rando from a tiny riverside village. I guess Cyrus is too annoying to be noble. Hah! It adds to his charm, I believe.

I mean Alfyn sets out on a journey to help people. That is quite noble.

• Replies 177.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Primrose is a disgraced noble turned borderline slave dancer

I didn't know Kaga made Octopath.

Finally finished my update! This one nearly killed me, but...Ah well, hope it's good.

On that note of the LP nearly killing me, good morning! It's time for me to sleep.

Edited by Benice

2 hours ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

easily one of my absolute themes serieswide

Agreed! 😄

25 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Hello~, everyone! 😄

---

I'm officially convinced that December is the worst month.
December 3 years ago: stomach cramps daily
December 2 years ago: daily breathing issues
December this year: a cold that won't go away, migraines, and a 200% messed up sleep schedule

Me catching up on sleep is the largest reason I haven't been here in... I think three days?
Though looking back, it's probably better that way.

Good day!

And if there is a year on recent record that makes you wish cryostasis was actually possible, this indeed would be a good one. 

In your absence, I mentioned there was a Tales popularity poll in Japan last month whose results got revealed on the franchise's 25 anniversary back on the 15th of this month. Unfortunately for you, DotNW and Xillia 2 were nowhere in sight, and Graces topped the "best combat system" category. But why should you care what others think about video games?🙂

Uh... all of my main party has every support skill unlocked. I definitely grinded. xD

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Finally finished my update! This one nearly killed me, but...Ah well, hope it's good.

On that note of the LP nearly killing me, good morning! It's time for me to sleep.

Good night!

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

tenor.gif

I'm happy for you!

You’re so nice!

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I thought it would be expectable to have level 50~ characters without grinding at the end but... my Ophelia is level 87 😬

Either you lost track of time last time you played, or you got EXP x100 when doing Bewildering Dance. Either way, that's quite impressive! If everyone else is at a similar level, I think you could just try the super boss right then and there!

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean Alfyn sets out on a journey to help people. That is quite noble.

To be fair, if we're talking like that, they're all noble except Primrose, Therion and I guess Cyrus at the beginning (though Cyrus's adventure quickly becomes a quest to ensure evil cannot continue using the knowledge within the book he's searching for, which is also quite admirable).

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Either you lost track of time last time you played, or you got EXP x100 when doing Bewildering Dance. Either way, that's quite impressive! If everyone else is at a similar level, I think you could just try the super boss right then and there!

My other characters are in their late 50s level wise.

And no, I couldn’t beat the super boss before so clearly...

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Good day!

Hello!~

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And if there is a year on recent record that makes you wish cryostasis was actually possible, this indeed would be a good one. 

I relate to this statement on a spiritual level.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

In your absence, I mentioned there was a Tales popularity poll in Japan last month whose results got revealed on the franchise's 25 anniversary back on the 15th of this month. Unfortunately for you, DotNW and Xillia 2 were nowhere in sight, and Graces topped the "best combat system" category. But why should you care what others think about video games?🙂

Interesting!
And yeah, you're right. I only really care what others think when it's people close to me.
And even then, I wouldn't really go off on anyone for their likes and dislikes.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

You’re so nice!

I recall you mentioning that you were sad that it didn't work, and that you love the game, so hearing that you can play a game you love after all is a thing worth celebrating, I think.
If my Nights of Azure disc broke, oh boy! xD

Just now, Father Shrimpas said:

My Dragonic friend! Get well soon and take care of yourself!

Thank you! ^^

--

shilling intensifies

Granted, combat doesn't give you any experience points to level up with, but it does give you materials to make/improve new items you can use in the boss fights (which are mandatory), and with a battle theme like this? I mean, hell, I get into combat just to hear it! Also, the combat system is fun, so that helps.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I feel like it is worth noting that I have 3 million of whatever the currency in this game is.

I don’t think that’s normal...

I guess you for some reason decided to spend a couple of hours grinding... with Ophilia alone?

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I guess you for some reason decided to spend a couple of hours grinding... with Ophilia alone?

I thought I didn’t grind once I beat all the stories but there is no way that’s true.

Anyway, I’m pretty sure I grinded with my main team because they’re all level 87 or 86 (iirc).

27 minutes ago, Sooks said:

>10% chance to drop a mental belt

>I need a mental belt

Oh no...

Oh no. How difficult is the opponent?

Course the game I've been playing was one that had different loot by difficulty, each with its own drop rate. 

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm officially convinced that December is the worst month.
December 3 years ago: stomach cramps daily
December 2 years ago: daily breathing issues
December this year: a cold that won't go away, migraines, and a 200% messed up sleep schedule

Me catching up on sleep is the largest reason I haven't been here in... I think three days?
Though looking back, it's probably better that way.

Oof. Getting sick during the holidays sucks. Hope you get better quickly.

In things you missed while you were gone, i hung out with a friend yesterday and he gave me an early Christmas gift

IMG_20201218_142349.jpg?width=245&height

I don't know if i'll ever be in a situation where i can play Nintendo Land but it's nice to have. The real prize here was Radiant Dawn, i can now say i own a legit copy of Radiant Dawn.

This, of course, give me motivation to restart my PoR playthrough (although i won't be able to do save transfers).

I got all the mental belts I needed (4)! I’m gonna take a food break and then catch up on the two whole LPs I follow, and probably another recreational activity and then it will be back to prep.

40 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Oh no. How difficult is the opponent?

Course the game I've been playing was one that had different loot by difficulty, each with its own drop rate. 

I had it setup so I could kill them in one hit. When you’re level 86, it isn’t hard xD

Still took a hot second since I needed 4, although  I got one my first attempt.

Edited by Sooks

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

Well I just had half a bottle of posh champagne.

That sounds pricey if it's actually from Champagne.

Otherwise it's just sparkling wine and the snobs will treat you as a pleb.

Love is War 2 and Gal & Dino are the only two anime i completed this year and damn, was that good for my health. I'll probably finish some other things i put on hold but only when i feel like it.

Going a year without keeping up with seasonals was very good, and that's gonna be my strategy with anime going forward next year. Out of all the anime next year that i'm interested in, there are only three that i'll watch as they air: Love is War S3, Dr.Stone S2 and Godzilla: Singular Point.

The rest, i'll probably wait a while and then binge.