• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

27 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Good Smile Racing? I think those are the ones with Miku as their mascot.

Yes, it was this team.

Actually I mixed up the series.

The grand prix I watched, offered an other waifu car (forgot the name of the girl), which even won btw.

Edited by Jules Necrofantasia

Hello, everyone!~

16 hours ago, Sooks said:

I feel like it is worth noting that I have 3 million of whatever the currency in this game is.

I don’t think that’s normal...

That reminds me of my Bravely Default playthrough, where I had around 12 million of whatever currency that game has by the end.
And nothing to spend it on, because I already bought all the buyable equipment.

15 hours ago, Armagon said:

Oof. Getting sick during the holidays sucks. Hope you get better quickly.

In things you missed while you were gone, i hung out with a friend yesterday and he gave me an early Christmas gift

IMG_20201218_142349.jpg?width=245&height

I don't know if i'll ever be in a situation where i can play Nintendo Land but it's nice to have. The real prize here was Radiant Dawn, i can now say i own a legit copy of Radiant Dawn.

This, of course, give me motivation to restart my PoR playthrough (although i won't be able to do save transfers).

Thank you!

And that's awesome! Congrats! ^^

11 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

@DragonFlames hope you get better! It's never fun being sick, but especially during this time of year.

Thanks! ^^

---

2SkyMI6.jpg

I imagine this would be some of us in that situation. XD

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

But anyway, I am going to reveal a shocking truth: despite being a huge 3h fan and it being my favorite fe... this is my first “edelwar”.

I was in many xD

It ws fun at first, but that pretty fast turned to annoyance when the same people with the same arguements headcanon kept popping up

Edited by Father Shrimpas

33 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

I was in many xD

It ws fun at first, but that pretty fast turned to annoyance when the same people with the same arguements headcanon kept popping up

I’ve still only beaten the intro chapter of TH. Next year I will get to it though.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

That reminds me of my Bravely Default playthrough, where I had around 12 million of whatever currency that game has by the end.

I’ve always wanted to try that one but people say it really sucks in the second half and that leaves me on edge.

3 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

I was in many xD

Wait what head canon? I don’t think I’ve encountered any 🤔

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

I’ve still only beaten the intro chapter of TH. Next year I will get to it though.

Oh hey, there's people slower to play than I was here.

I will say, don't stress too much on it.

On the topic of arguing about Edelgard or Rhea, I've always felt there's no true right, regardless of route. There will always be some aspect that was left unresolved and every route leaves some degree of loss that would be unneeded if things had gone differently.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Me at Hal Laboratories after reading that

IMG_20200427_203837.jpg

Well, this is the company that gave Tabuu its Off Waves attack in Brawl. (The Planet Robobot "I won't die alone, I'm taking you with me!" actually looks similar, except it's a series of horizontal bands that cover about 1/3 of the screen each instead of circles.) The Off Waves might've been fine for the Subspace boss fight, but for the boss rush mode where the deadly hologram is always the final foe? Bad!

Although at least you can practice fighting Tabuu in the Emissary, like Triple Deluxe before it, the final boss of the True Arena in PR isn't a stronger version of a previous boss, it's a totally new one. And since you can't fight it outside of making to the end of the True Arena, that means "practice" is very time consuming.

-Not that I ever finished the PR True Arena. I did cheat my way via Leaf and Stone through Returns to Dreamland and 3D, but I resorted to looking up a video to see what I never saw in PR.

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

You never have nothing to spend money on. Set the Merchant abilities on a character and buy a bunch of those very pricey 3BP drinks if you take on a Nemesis. 

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Anddddd I lost 😞

From what I've heard, people hate the Octopath super boss because of the boss rush. Since you cannot save, you have to go through it every single time. It's... not fun, according to most people I've seen talking about it.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

From what I've heard, people hate the Octopath super boss because of the boss rush. Since you cannot save, you have to go through it every single time. It's... not fun, according to most people I've seen talking about it.

You have heard absolutely correctly. I’ve already been through the boss rush a couple of times from when I was playing before. I’m not entirely sure why some games don’t allow you to save at time like that *cough* fe Fates *cough* because it’s not fun. But anyway, the good news is that while your characters are (probably) stronger, the bosses are the same level. The bad news is that there are eight of them, each one repping a different character’s story.

The thing that really screwed me over in the fight is that Ha’anit’s summon didn’t do any damage, for some reason. Like the first time I used it it worked just how did in the strategy shared, but when I used it again it did literally zero damage to every enemy. No idea why. Other than that I think I did pretty good, except the error that wiped out my entire team in a single turn.

Edited by Sooks

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although at least you can practice fighting Tabuu in the Emissary, like Triple Deluxe before it, the final boss of the True Arena in PR isn't a stronger version of a previous boss, it's a totally new one. And since you can't fight it outside of making to the end of the True Arena, that means "practice" is very time consuming.

Also every time you fight Tabuu, you have like five characters to go through, which equates to five lives. You only have one life whenever you fight the final boss of PR's true arena.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Anddddd I lost 😞

maxresdefault_3.jpg

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That and also Octopath is one of those JRPGs where the party members in reserve don't receive any EXP and the Superboss has two phases and each phase is fought by a set of four party members. Which means you need to grind up all eight, which sucks if you just stuck to four the whole game.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

That and also Octopath is one of those JRPGs where the party members in reserve don't receive any EXP and the Superboss has two phases and each phase is fought by a set of four party members. Which means you need to grind up all eight, which sucks if you just stuck to four the whole game.

That’s not really an option since in order to unlock it you need to have completed every character’s story, which means you need to use that character, and the fights will require you to be around an appropriate level at the end.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That’s not really an option since in order to unlock it you need to have completed every character’s story, which means you need to use that character, and the fights will require you to be around an appropriate level at the end.

Alright I might be confusing it with a different boss then because I know I remember hearing something about this.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Alright I might be confusing it with a different boss then because I know I remember hearing something about this.

With the rpgs I‘ve played (barely any), I wouldn’t be surprised if one or fifty pulled that.