Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Is this a good time to point out that Spain was under a fascist regime until 1975? One that was openly supported by the Catholic church? Yeah... Maybe, just maybe, that's why the church still has so much power here.

Ah yes, Franco, the guy who was supported by the literal worst fascists, the Blueshirts, for the fact that they were awful at actually pulling it off at home and then were useless in the Spanish civil war.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh...

Well, at least I hope they're about religions, plural. Overhere they want classes on Catholic Christianism, and that's it.

It was kinda true in second level (Sections on other faiths, both in Christianity and outside as well as some degree of spirituality and ecumenism beyond the reading of THE SACRED TEXTS, I know I did my exam stuff on Islam) and at that time nuns still lived in that school (I do know my brother got the raw end of the deal because a nun was teaching him religion and she was definitely not teaching about other religions). In the LC however, it became a non-exam class on morals and "what Christans believe" while showing films and turning off one for sexual content while leaving The Last King of Scotland on through that fucking scene.

Definitely in primary that's all we got though, the church was also quite closer there too, what with doing Communion and Confirmation while there.

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

ah that 3 Mov Bilford guy? Someone on reddit told me about him in my Berwick thread iirc xD

Not him, Billford's another meme.

The Mug guy's even more of a meme. To the point I kept trying to push @Saint Rubenio to use him. Me! The guy who barely does meme picks in LPs.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I made it through an fe1 chapter!

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahhhh so she's Derrick. That's just vastly increased her chances to become my favorite character in Conquest.

You have to buy the Revelations DLC to get that conversation in game.

Well sir, you just handed me the first mainstay of my team on a silver platter. Congratulations.

You’ll probably fine, you are a berwickian after all.

So you’re obviously used to abysmal hit rates for every attack. 😛

Not gonna lie, that... sounds extremely American.

Sheesh... I feel bad for you sensible Americans who have to put up with all this nonsense.

It’s not as extreme or commonplace with power as you might think.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

that's probably beyond the scope of what's supposed to be Teehee.

We left that long ago...

57 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ya know, i don't talk about beliefs online much, but as a religious person i honesly can't understand conservative people.

For me religion while growing up was all about helping & respecting each other, learning about the world, getting to know people, that kind of stuff.

Everything conservatives stand against.

That’s quite extreme, with that last line in there. That’s not what conservatism is about, even if conservatives who are like that exist.

That the most you will see me talking about religion here, and i won't talk about my beliefs

Okay!

52 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Even better. She's a bad unit.

Highly debatable. She is quite good in my opinion.

Good. GOOD! CONQUEST: BERWICK SAGA EDITION! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!

This time with good gameplay and a pace that a snail can’t outspeed.

52 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

ah that 3 Mov Bilford guy? Someone on reddit told me about him in my Berwick thread iirc xD

Hahahah! Nah, Billford is a different meme. I'm talking about someone else, who's an even bigger joke. How much of a joke is he? Well... His portrait is recycled for a generic brigand boss. After he is recruited. And that's not even getting into his story, which is so ridiculous it becomes wonderful.

40 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Ah yes, Franco, the guy who was supported by the literal worst fascists, the Blueshirts, for the fact that they were awful at actually pulling it off at home and then were useless in the Spanish civil war.

Also the guy who drove Spain to the ground until the day he died of natural causes, three decades after Hitler's suicide. That's... less funny.

40 minutes ago, Dayni said:

The Mug guy's even more of a meme. To the point I kept trying to push @Saint Rubenio to use him. Me! The guy who barely does meme picks in LPs.

Hey, I did use him a bit, but I needed room for my other memes. Like Norton. Norton's another fun meme.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You’ll probably fine, you are a berwickian after all.

So you’re obviously used to abysmal hit rates for every attack. 😛

I'm used to the game being designed around the abysmal hitrates, and also being a masterpiece.

We'll see if Conquest compares in due time.

Also, since Berwick came up, a fun fact: Arthur, in Japan, is called Harold. They translated his name as Arthur for... some reason that I don't understand.

In Berwick Saga, there's a character called Arthur, and his father's name is Harold. How's that for a wild coincidence? You can't make this shit up!

It’s not as extreme or commonplace with power as you might think.

Thank goodness for that!

This time with good gameplay and a pace that a snail can’t outspeed.

Hahahahahahah...

Hmmm. All this talk's seriously making me wanna try the damn thing. I'm a bit preoccupied at the moment, but... When I finish one of the games I'm playing right now, I think it may be Bad FE time!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

I think at this point it's a big case of mislabeling.

If Victoria 2 taught me anything, Conservatism is just about preserving the status quo, not regression. Those are what Reactionaries stand for.

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

if someone votes for a shithead, they are a shithead, period.

You’d be surprised at how large the group manipulated by Trump & Fox News is.

Not to get too political of anything...

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You’d be surprised at how large the group manipulated by Trump & Fox News is.

Not to get too political of anything...

Idc. We live in democracies and that doesn't only come with rights, but responsibilities as well.

22 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Idc. We live in democracies and that doesn't only come with rights, but responsibilities as well.

I’ll back down before this thread gets heated.

Sorry.

Edited by Sooks

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

nah, don't apologize. I tend to get heated when it comes to a certain group of people...

Right, which isn’t even necessarily a problem, I just wanted to keep the teehee thread the same chill thread it usually is.

Discussion hasn’t really picked up in the hour since then, hm... 60GI3l3.png

Funny meme!

Tales of Zestiria isnt great as expected, but I had to give it a shot. 

It also makes me realise how much I think the Vesperia style combat is. 

It's very akin to Berseria, which I dont really like.

Berseria and Zestiria are pretty much different games in terms of gameplay for me. Zestiria's armatization system was the worst because most unbalanced in the entire series because the enemies are based on using the armatization system. They have doubled stats compared to other parts. It's pretty much impossible to beat any elite monster without armatization because they can 1-2RKO anyone. I could beat the first one without by using all my new game + items which included about five group elixirs. I consider Zesitria as "black sheep" of this series. The only thing I liked about this game was Edna and a few music themes like this one. Also Alisha is one of the most ruined characters in videogames for me. Can't believe how dirty this game treated her.

When people share Touhou 7 music, of course I can't hold back either:

Still need to beat her.

Only have beaten her in the fangame remake which was a lot easier than the original game.

Edited by Jules Necrofantasia

I beat CrossCode. I'll give my full thoughts later but for now:

Lea's definitely one of my favorite video game protagonists and is one of the best examples of how to handle a silent protag.

Puzzles are cool even if there are too many. Combat is cool. 

Spritework is neat.

Music is alright.

Post-game is DLC lol. I knew about this but I thought it was just stuff that was gonna be added to the post-game, not that it was all gonna be DLC. And it will continue the story which means right now I'm in To Be Continued purgatory. And since console versions are behind on updates, I might just grab the PC version and import a completed save from someone. Hopefully the DLC sees a simultaneous release so I don't have to that.

7/10, post-game DLC might bump it up to an 8 or perhaps even a 9.

I actually cannot decide what score I wanna give CrossCode. It's definitely at least a 7/10 but there's two main factors that are just clashing in my mind and I can't decide what score I want to give it.

Never been this confliced when deciding my own personal score for a game.

37 minutes ago, Wraith said:

One day I'll bring back the light. 

Hello?

The light?

It's already so dark, I have forgotten the light.

The light is not even a memory.

I am alone in the dark.