Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

So, I wake up from a cold/fever-induced sleep and see Conquest-talk as well as people talking about the logistics and history of eating human corpses. I am convinced I'm having the weirdest fever dream ever. xD

Welcome to the flipside.

tenor.gif?itemid=18287800

Don't worry. We have popcorn. XD

Edited by twilitfalchion

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

So, I wake up from a cold/fever-induced sleep and see Conquest-talk as well as people talking about the logistics and history of eating human corpses. I am convinced I'm having the weirdest fever dream ever. xD

You're reminding me of what happens if you skip both of the New Year's Eve events in the Story of Seasons remake. When you go to bed, you're treated to one of three short weird dreams:

1. The seven colorful Nature Sprites merge into the fat cooking contest judge.
  2. You marry the town's mayor, who is far from attractive.
  3. You envision that Duke and Cliff are your father and brother and that they have been murdered, You go to confront the murderer, Karen, but she kills you as well.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I spent most of the last hour reading an excerpt from Cory Doctorow's next book about a young woman jailbreaking her toaster because it wasn't functioning and it escalates from there.

The weird is eternal.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Now, regarding humans eating humans, necrophagy becomes cannibalism if you intentionally murder someone and then eat them. If you're living through Mao's Great Leap Forward and the total collapse of agricultural output means Grandma and Little Brother die of starvation which is equally affecting you, then consuming them isn't cannibalism. I can understand the revulsion at the idea of having to eat them and how it might feel very sinful, so you don't have to do it.

-Thats what I've learned the difference to be. And knowing the difference, a lot of instances in human history where "cannibalism" happened, become one degree less nightmarish (but they're still nightmares in the sense that things were so bad people had to consume corpses). It is less terrible, because it means human morality in the worst of circumstances still did not collapse into lawlessness where murder was acceptable, which the word "cannibalism" implies. Humans to the very ends of what is bearable in life maintained the basic decency and civility that makes them human.

Revulsion or not, it's not a term I'd seen used, even in cases where that's what's going on.

So no Necrophagy was new to me.

As opposed to necrophages, which are a whole other type of disgusting.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I didn't exactly mean to call it that.😅 And the fact that Christ was reborn three days later and only died in the flesh which existed for about thirty years and was preceded by a literal Eternity of existing as part of the Trinity that is uncreated and removed from the concept of time, undermines the premise The Son is well and truly dead. Although, nobody is truly dead then due to the existence of immortal souls. So death has to be redefined as "physically gone from this world to Hell/Heaven/Purgatory/Limbo", in which case, maybe Transubstantiation is necrophagy.

I mean, he resurrected, so no he is not dead.

As a former Catholic, I realise calling it that would probably ring some alarms, so no I doubt I'll do that to them. I typed that as a joke anyways.

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

DragonFlames when he walked into the current conversation

IMG_20190326_214841.jpg

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

I spent most of the last hour reading an excerpt from Cory Doctorow's next book about a young woman jailbreaking her toaster because it wasn't functioning and it escalates from there.

The weird is eternal.

2021 starting off with a bang, I see. xD

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You're reminding me of what happens if you skip both of the New Year's Eve events in the Story of Seasons remake. When you go to bed, you're treated to one of three short weird dreams:

3. You envision that Duke and Cliff are your father and brother and that they have been murdered, You go to confront the murderer, Karen, but she kills you as well.

What the actual hell? XD

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

DragonFlames when he walked into the current conversation

IMG_20190326_214841.jpg

XD

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Huh. Did the remake add the third one? I know the original GBA version (the girl version at least) had the first two...

22 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

So, I wake up from a cold/fever-induced sleep and see Conquest-talk

Time for another fever induced sleep!

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Huh. Did the remake add the third one? I know the original GBA version (the girl version at least) had the first two...

The... girl version? What?

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

In ye olden days, a few Harvest Moon games didn't allowed you a Boy/Girl option for your protagonist. Instead, they released an entirely new game for the option. As it usually went with re-releases, they'd sometimes have more features than the original.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

There were two versions of Friends of Mineral Town. The original, with the same title, let you play as a male character, Pete.

The followup, More Friends of Mineral Town, let you play as a female character, Claire.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Fogu says all three were in More Friends of Mineral Town. Not that I ever played it, so they're new to me, I wasn't aware of them until the remake.

Though, the remake did add this one short new event. Available only if you're playing as a female, with no male equivalent or substitute whatsoever.:

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

There were two versions of Friends of Mineral Town. The original, with the same title, let you play as a male character, Pete.

The followup, More Friends of Mineral Town, let you play as a female character, Claire.

So the girl option was straight up superior to the boy version?

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Fogu says all three were in More Friends of Mineral Town. Not that I ever played it, so they're new to me, I wasn't aware of them until the remake.

Though, the remake did add this one short new event. Available only if you're playing as a female, with no male equivalent or substitute whatsoever.:

No, the Sleepover event was already there in the original More Friends (minus Jennifer, of course).

Pft, hahahaha, Ran fell off the bed... and is clipping through the other one. lol Could that happen in the original too? Don't know, but it's still hilarious...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So the girl option was straight up superior to the boy version?

Pretty much from what I'm aware regarding Friends of Mineral Town, not a whole lot more, but a few minor additions that the male version didn't have. Of course, if you want to marry a girl, you needed the male version. Harvest Moon for Girl (Back to Nature the PS1 game's female version), Harvest Moon DS Cute, and Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life, I am not aware of as to whether they made substantial additions besides the changed character and marriage options.

After DS Cute (2005 in Japan), the franchise always had both genders available in one game, barring Hero of Leaf Valley which never got a female option, or the European Wii port of Magical Melody.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

No, the Sleepover event was already there in the original More Friends.

Oh, the inclusion of Jennifer the new girl made made me think it wasn't.😅

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm loving this game's story. I've always been a sucker for dumb things, and with the glitches added on top of Garon... This is wonderful.

Than you are in for a treat as it only gets dumber from here

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Ivhdwa2r o

I think at this point the glitches are actively improving my experience.

WHat is his face?/??

Yep definitely an improvement!

Oh, and this girl whose name I'd forgotten already turned into a plushie. Okay, sure.

Just like the Kagafish. That was such a great edit choice.

Eyyy, it's Ninja Luigi! I hope I get to use Ninja Luigi. So far he's my favorite character. Solely because he's green.

Fortunately he is on every route, although one does randomly kill him off if you haven't gotten an unstated obscure condition met

Spoiler

In Birthright he dies if you don't get to A rank support with him and the MC before the end of chapter 15...

You were supposed to kill one of those monsters, but you just walked past and Ninja Luigi died! Now I have to reset... Sigh.

How I look forward to murdering you.

EDIT: And now he goes and steals one of my kills. Oh my God I hate this guy...

The reactions are so real. Everyone has wanted that kill-stealing jerk to suffer on this chapter...

So since I finished CrossCode (still putting together my full thoughts, don't worry), I started up Radiant Dawn Part 3.

Now uh, don't tell anyone I said this but I'm starting to think the true chad king of best gameplay in Fire Emblem is actually Radiant Dawn.

Like so far, I'd say Radiant Dawn and Conquest are tied but Radiant Dawn has anti-frusteration features, something that Conquest only has if you play on Casual mode, so I gotta give RD the upper edge.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Like so far, I'd say Radiant Dawn and Conquest are tied but Radiant Dawn has anti-frusteration features, something that Conquest only has if you play on Casual mode, so I gotta give RD the upper edge.

FYI, the game does really, really dip in part 4, so prepare yourself for that. (Part 3 is my least favorite part of the game, but that's really unpopular, so you'll probably enjoy it.)

But yeah, Pt. 1 and 2 are awesome.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

but I'm starting to think the true chad king of best gameplay in Fire Emblem is actually Radiant Dawn.

757588660207091722.png?v=1

Oh yeah. It's all coming together.

And Part 4 is actually pretty good if you ask me, but what do I know.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Well, if you don't mind rout maps with lots of reinforcements, Part 4 is fine, I suppose. IMO some of the maps are terrible, but they at least make you think, which is nice.