Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Dolphin is a very good emulator, but it requires a beefy PC. I don't know if yours qualifies.

Yeah, same deal for this one. I'm afraid your computer just isn't good enough to run these emulators.

Nah, my PC isn't good enough unfortunately.

Was tempted to buy a new one before christmas, but spending 1 K is too much.

If the PS2 hadn't been regionlocked, I would have imported Berwick Saga already since a copy costs like nothing (surprisingly).

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Well...

I just got XB2...

found it for 23€ and insta bought it lol

Where the hell are you finding XC2 for €23?

Asking because I bet I don't have access to the answer.

1 hour ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Played little of F-Zero for Switch, though I have to say I can't really get into old racing games anymore, same would go for first Mario Kart.

Racing games in general run into the issue of being outdated fairly quickly, especially the ones that strive for more realistic mechanics.
Although the late 90s/early 2000s were the peak of that particular part of the genre in my opinion.
Can't say much for Mario Kart and the like, since I only ever played those with friends, and I haven't gotten any myself.

Edited by DragonFlames

Bugquest time.

Yet again, we are sent to quell a rebellion by Daddy Gray. Is this going to be the whole plot? Garon sending us on "tests" while Kabbãge fails to spot the red flags? And this time the Jeigan Killer is around, too. I wonder how he'll ruin everything this time.

Also, wow, Takumi's aim is horrible. He just managed to miss all of Kabbãge's vital organs. Or something. I would question what the point of her getting hit was when it had virtually no effect, but I'm busy questioning why he'd shoot an unarmed girl for daring to praise her beloved sister and not the deranged murderer standing right to their left. That means Camilla. Why shoot Elise and not Camilla, Takumi? What's wrong with you?

Anyway, time for some sacrifices. Deployment slots are tight, so Odin, Mozu, Beruka and Niles hit the bench for the time being. I really hope the game gives me more soon.

RD worked well for the first few chapters on my potato Macbook Air. Got to the first desert map and things slowed down quite a bit. Not playable, unfortunately.

regrets getting a Macbook instead of a gaming laptop

Anyway, morning everyone. *waves*

760054918115098645.png?v=1

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

...ch17

Really? I just went to the FE wiki (the good one) and took a sneak peek at the deployment slots of the next few chapters, and it seems the slots will begin to gradually increase after this map.

...Still, I very much doubt they'll be enough for quite everyone, so that's probably it for Mozu and Odin. Oh well, too bad. Maybe in another run.

83fajba0sfa61.jpg

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Really? I just went to the FE wiki (the good one) and took a sneak peek at the deployment slots of the next few chapters, and it seems the slots will begin to gradually increase after this map.

...Still, I very much doubt they'll be enough for quite everyone, so that's probably it for Mozu and Odin. Oh well, too bad. Maybe in another run.

They do increase, but you also start with some units you can't switch out.

Alright: update time!

0c4185837ec6a3e173f68bb58582806f.png

My thoughts:

The story: This... kinda sucked. not too much going on, and even less that was consistent or memorable. Oh and the the guidance as to what i was supposed to do next was terrible.

the gameplay: This was decent. The battle camera angered me to no end, but besides that, the armatisation was pretty fun, as well.

I didn't like how they axed Alisha from the story at all.

The music: this again, was only alright. it had some catchy ones, though!

The exploration wasn't too shabby, either.

Just returned from a two hours and ten kilometers walk. Weather was so amazing: dry cold clear area, perfect for my bronchi. And it was not even cold under sun, could sat on a bench for an hour. Now I need a nap...

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Racing games in general run into the issue of being outdated fairly quickly, especially the ones that strive for more realistic mechanics.
Although the late 90s/early 2000s were the peak of that particular part of the genre in my opinion.
Can't say much for Mario Kart and the like, since I only ever played those with friends, and I haven't gotten any myself.

I barely watched any racing games aside of Mario Kart, Need For Speed and Formula 1, so I cannot really tell, but playing F-Zero felt like playing a game from the stone age.

Edited by Jules Necrofantasia

43 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But Odin’s kid!

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, I'm extremely happy, because this happened:
Qbpo8CF.jpg
R4tsILQ.jpg
With that, my power trio is complete!

Seeing Sterk in a more realistic artstyle is so weird lol.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Dolphin is a very good emulator, but it requires a beefy PC. I don't know if yours qualifies.

It depends on the game and what you do with it but Dolphin doesn't necessarily require a beefy PC. 

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Well...

I just got XB2...

found it for 23€ and insta bought it lol

giphy_1.gif

As I've begun to do with all newcomers to the game:

Even if you plan to do Torna first, some parts of this video would still help. Of course, me and others are here to help anyway.

The best way to figure anything out is experiencing it in Xenoblade 2. Which blade types you like, combinations, strategies, it all takes a bit of time to get comfortable with. 

Sure there are "best setups" and whatnot, but everyone has their own preference. 

For example, I revolve my entire battle strategy around Pyra's fusion combo damage and then tank hits while they burn to death (see what I did there?) Sure, theres better, but I like that one, personally.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Even if you plan to do Torna first, some parts of this video would still help. Of course, me and others are here to help anyway.

Thanks for the video!

Please remind me again in a couple days when the game arrives xD

I will also be getting Torna in the next couple weeks and start XB2 after i get Torna...

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Sure there are "best setups" and whatnot, but everyone has their own preference. 

Yup, i definetly agree. When it comes to any game, not just XB2. 

Guides are one way to ruin the experience.

Some Tutorial and beginner vids to teach you the basics if the game is lacking in that regard is helpful though

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Yup, i definetly agree. When it comes to any game, not just XB2. 

Guides are one way to ruin the experience

Yeah, they can certainly help, but you have to decide what's most fun for you to use. And that isnt always what's best.